2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Arccos Link Thoughts and Reviews?

There definitely was a thread for this but using the search function I can't find it for the life of me...

So just starting a new thread for any thoughts and reviews as I know some people were just starting to get them before the forum reset and I've seen a couple of reviews online. I'm certainly excited to try it out (when I put my order in when they turned back on pre-orders this summer they were targeting September delivery) as I've liked the data I've gotten but hate having my phone in my pocket and can only get 9 holes out of my Apple Watch for shot detection. 

I have never had my Apple Watch (Series 5) run out during a round.  I can wear it all day, and then play Men's Night (5:00 pm) and still have 20% by the time I get home.  Maybe you need to turn some stuff off during the round?

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Here is the link

Edited by dbdors

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, TM Stealth 2, 21* both w/MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: PXG 0317 X Proto 4H & 5H, Xcaliber RTI75 S

Irons: Takomo IRON 101, 6-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX ZipCore  48* Accra T90i S, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: LAB Golf EF3, Accra graphite, 34", Press II 3*

Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: Callaway Fairway 14 Stand Bag / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

16 hours ago, mulliganman30 said:

I’m curious which Apple Watch you’re using.  I’d also be curious to hear reports on the Link.   They did announce an update that they’re stroked gains can now be leveraged against different levels of golfers.

I have a Series 4 with Cellular (so the fall 2018 version). I've tried turning the cellular off, wake on tap only, and make sure to have a full charge before I start.

However, if I'm using the watch for detection and GPS (which I think you need to, otherwise it will think my shots are by my phone back in my cart) the watch will be totally dead on the ~14 hole. So what I do is just end the round after 9 holes so my data doesn't get overly messed up and then my watch will be ~20% battery still when I get back home. 

• 5 weeks later...

Placed order on 7/15 was told a few weeks ago that it would be early October before shipping, mine is due this Tuesday 9/22.

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, TM Stealth 2, 21* both w/MCA Diamana Thump 75S

Bag/Cart: Callaway Fairway 14 Stand Bag / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit

Ordered July 15th, and just received my shipping notice.  Won't be here for a while (Thursday, Sept. 24th) as it takes forever to ship to Canada even with FedEx.

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Mine arrived today, just never got an email about it shipping (or if I did I totally missed it / didn't realize what it was)!

Excited to try it out next week (particularly since my apple watch wasn't syncing at all yesterday when I played for some reason, probably new iOS related). 

Just checked my order and it still says 

Your order is confirmed

You’ll receive an email and text when your order is ready.

So hopefully I will get the notification soon.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

I just received my Link today. I ordered first day the orders were opened, not preorder. Unfortunately, I won't get to put it into action until this weekend, or Monday. I'll report back with my thoughts. 

I'm 15 rounds in with my Arccos set and I'm loving it so far. Not many issues for me on Android.

PXG BO Tour-1 10.5° - Ventus Blue Velocore -or-

TaylorMade BRNR Mini 11.5°- Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 15° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 18° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 22° - Tensei AV Raw White
PXG BLE 0317T - 5-PW - Project X
Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 50°

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 54°
LAB DF3 - Accra Black -or-

LAB Link.1 - Accra Black

Mine arrived yesterday (Calgary, AB).  Ordered July 15th.  I charged it and paired it so I could use it tomorrow during my round. 

I have noticed, with using just my iPhone or my Apple Watch (iSeries5), that if it's windy, a lot of shorts are not registering.  Otherwise I have no issues using just the phone, or the watch.

My link came last week.  Got a chance to use it for a few holes on Saturday and 18 on Sunday.  Seems to work much better than the phone.  Catches more putts.  It only seemed to miss a couple of second putts on 2 putts and missed  7i tee shot on a par 3.  But overall much better than using the phone.  I left the phone in the car.  The GPS seemed to be very slow to get the initial sync on the first try.  On sunday it was faster.

I can say that I am pleased.  I kept my score on a score card just in case.   I still hate having to check the phone after each hole.  

Used my link twice now and I have to say I'm very impressed and happy with it. It has yet to miss a real shot (maybe misses a putt from time to time with tap ins or, expectedly, records an extra putt when I might try one again) and the battery life has been amazing.

My data seems more accurate as well (in addition to no missed shots) compared to when I was trying to use the Apple Watch and obviously it isn't killing my Apple Watch battery any more (I could never get through a full round using my Apple Watch for shot detection). Apple Watch still works for showing you the GPS range data/club recommendations and letting you quickly take a glance at the number of putts recorded on a hole to make sure it is right (counting putts is the one part that wasn't perfect). Also, now that I'm marking pin locations since it is easy (you just stand by the pin and press the button on the link once and it marks it) my putting data is much more useful that it used to be (since I think it basically tells you how many putts it is taking you from certain distances, I don't think the putting data gets more granular than that though). 

Tip for anyone using an Apple Watch though. You want to start the round on your phone with the link turned on (and set for link shot detection) and don't touch your watch. After the round is started with the phone/link, then you can open up the Arccos app on your watch and it will automatically just be using the watch to show you data and edit putts.

The first time I tried it I had the Link on and Watch App open when I was starting the round (like you would if you were using Apple Watch for shot detection) and for whatever reason it first tried to use the Apple Watch for shot detection instead of the Link. If you just don't start the app on your watch until after the round has loaded in with the Link then you'll avoid that issue completely (also it is way easier since keeping the watch app open while it was loading was always a pain). 

• Like 1

It will default to what you used last time for Shot detection, if the link is new it will appear but you need to select it for shot detection when you start the round.

When you start your round you can have your link on and the App open on your watch just ensure you select the link for shot detection and then the phone will just show you your distance,  this is what I do 

• 1 month later...

Any more reviews for those of you that got you Link?

I got word from Arccos that they have started shipping again for those of us that got a 4-week delay notice in early October.  I ordered on 31-July and they said it should be here by late November 😞  I swear this have been super frustrating because of the poor shot tracking performance with missing shots.  Once I get the Link I will pursue potential dead sensors with them.

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

Good news! It’s Master’s week and we are back on schedule with Link production. 

Based on your purchase date we expect you will receive your shipping confirmation by 12/4/2020. 

We know this is a challenging time for everyone and we want to thank you once again for your patience. 

Enjoy the Masters, we can’t wait to get an Arccos Caddie Link in your hands soon.

Regards,

Team Arccos

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

I have been using mine and first let me say that it is a huge improvement over the Apple Watch of phone in the pocket option. In my mind-- this should be the default.

That said - yesterday it missed about 7-8 out of 85 shots.  Two were my issue -- taking a second put after missing.  But some were long shots that just randomly it seems to miss.  That said -- it's easy enough to add them in -- but just sucks it's not 100% yet.

Is it true that if you walk to the pin and press the button the link that it will mark that location as the flag?  I saw that somewhere -- but do not see it in the official documentation.

Titleist TSR2 9* w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo II 661 X (with 20g weight in butt)

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S

Titleist TSR3 18* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist u505 3i 20* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 9S

Srixon ZX4 MkII w/ Project X LZ 6.0 5-PW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50@49* - Taylormade MG4 56* and 60*

LAB Golf Mezz Max Broom 79.5* lie, 45" or one of my Armlocks

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV or Maxfli Tour X

2 hours ago, Qwiklap said:

I have been using mine and first let me say that it is a huge improvement over the Apple Watch of phone in the pocket option. In my mind-- this should be the default.

That said - yesterday it missed about 7-8 out of 85 shots.  Two were my issue -- taking a second put after missing.  But some were long shots that just randomly it seems to miss.  That said -- it's easy enough to add them in -- but just sucks it's not 100% yet.

Is it true that if you walk to the pin and press the button the link that it will mark that location as the flag?  I saw that somewhere -- but do not see it in the official documentation.

https://support.arccosgolf.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045849432-How-do-I-mark-the-flag-position-using-Arccos-Caddie-Link-#:~:text=Follow,pin position for that day.

Edited by Cruisin1966

• 2 weeks later...

After a four month lead time my Arccos Link has finally arrived.  Any tips on setting it up or usage?  It took far more time than I liked to get it to sync - I think I had to update my app, then turn on the app, choose the Link as the tracking method, then turn on the Link (that is the short version) 🙂

I was expecting that I would have to update the Link itself, but that did not happen.

Also wondering on the orientation of the link on my person - said lead side.  Does it matter up/down sideways for orientation (caused by clipping to waits or side of pocket?  With cold weather clothing on, I can imagine it might need to go higher up on a jacket pocket.

I am, also guessing you can not use it in the rain since the charging port is uncovered.

I am looking forward to this so I can get replacement sensors if shots are still being missed by certain clubs.

You can set up the syncing before being at the club (golf course download), and then you only need to "start your round" after turning on the Link.  That literally takes about 30 seconds.

Lead side as close to belt high (hands at impact) as possible, regardless of clothing.  I've had it on my belt (vertical; 90º) and attached to my pants pocket (45º) without issue.  It' basically "listening" to the sensor in the club.  

It's fine in the rain as long as water isn't pouring into the port (I would consider this upside down).

The only issue I've had with The phone, watch or Link is while playing in the wind.  Regardless of the device, any wind at or above 20 mph, it misses a lot of shots

13 hours ago, asawadude said:

As cheap insurance, Amazon sells rubber plugs that fit in micro USB port.   Here's the link.  25 plugs for $7 or 28 cents each. 

very cool!  Thanks!

I ordered the micro-USB plugs - will be here next Tuesday.

Played a round today with the Link.  My phone locked up and I had to mess around to get everything going in the right direction, but as far as shots - it got them all - woo hoo.  It actually had 2 more shots than I actually took.  Super thrilled with the LInk.

I put the phone in a sleeve on the side of my bag - this is very workable - the Link is a must IMO.

• Like 1

The link seems to be a better option than the phone.

Edited by lefthack

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

I love the insights that the Arccos gives me.  The more info the better as far as I'm concerned.

A couple of thoughts:

1. Phone in pocket is mildly annoying and it does miss the odd shot here or there.  Not the end of the world.

2.  Apple watch 5 shot detection is not great.  Misses a lot of shots.

3. When I get towards the bottom of the bag I start using my wedges to make 1/2 and 3/4 shots (when required) and those shots tend to throw the distance averages off.  

Other than those things I really like the Arccos.

On 11/25/2020 at 10:31 AM, Cruisin1966 said:

You can set up the syncing before being at the club (golf course download), and then you only need to "start your round" after turning on the Link.  That literally takes about 30 seconds.

Lead side as close to belt high (hands at impact) as possible, regardless of clothing.  I've had it on my belt (vertical; 90º) and attached to my pants pocket (45º) without issue.  It' basically "listening" to the sensor in the club.  

It's fine in the rain as long as water isn't pouring into the port (I would consider this upside down).

The only issue I've had with The phone, watch or Link is while playing in the wind.  Regardless of the device, any wind at or above 20 mph, it misses a lot of shots

Awesome, glad I wasn't the only one. Love my Arccos and link combo, Android user here, but I just had one big issue. I live in the Midwest and it's windy a lot of the time. I wear the Link on my belt just above my left pocket. I have not had any issues with the Link missing many shots up to this point. Played a round the other day with 20+ MPH winds, gust over 35 MPH. The link missed a lot of shots. A lot! I turned off the Link after the 7th hole and just used the phone. It picked up most shots after that. So warning for those in windy conditions, your best bet may be too use the phone only.

PXG BO Tour-1 10.5° - Ventus Blue Velocore -or-

TaylorMade BRNR Mini 11.5°- Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 15° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 18° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 22° - Tensei AV Raw White
PXG BLE 0317T - 5-PW - Project X
Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 50°

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 54°
LAB DF3 - Accra Black -or-

LAB Link.1 - Accra Black

I really liked Arccos, however, the weight of the tags (7g) messed with my swingweight too much to continue to use.  So, I moved to Shotscope as they use 2g tag. However, the data it collects and the way it displays it to the user is nowhere near what Arccos does. I really do miss my Arccos data!  😞

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X