NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

8 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

This was the song that turned me onto The Cure

I was expecting (and also hoping I was correct) the P3P to be a fan of that most artistic band.  Right On!

I saw them live three times. Each concert was a fist date with a hot Cure head college gal. The energy of the shows rocked. Each of those first dates there were pills of Ecstacy dropped. Possibly three of the best evenings with female companionship seeing a concert in my 20's. Those evenings concluded about sunrise.     ahhhh young life  🙂

• Like 4

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs   Super Stroke Wrist Lock 

But by far my favorite Cure song for the dance floor in an 80's club was Just Like Heaven.

Some of those D.C. clubs would throw this song up and everyone in the joint hit the floor.  

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

A quick break

Hottest Cannabis Girls on Instagram | Potent

Edited by touch
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

here is to 1982's awesomeness !!!!!!!!

• Like 4

Now Chrissy was a bad a** brunette too fellas. Loved me some Chrissy Hines back then. Perhaps there is a bit of Chrissy's stage presence in Little Red of Iron Cross no? Some of Little Red's swagger and sways reminds me of someone back in the day and I was first thinking it was Chrissy , but I can't be sure. Can any of you see a resemblance to Little Red's stage presence or whom else might I be thinking of? Thanks in advance. 

Chrissie Hynde 1980 Photograph by Joyce Weir

Chrissie Hynde - Biography - IMDb

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

It is at this time that I ask my long time friend the doc to add something to my "bringing back early 80's DC days" bit on the thread.

See boys this guy here was the man in the 80's who was the most connected DJ and concert goer within the DC music scene. He had a Californian/ Hollywood flair in his delivery according to me. Well he has been doc's friend for many years. Tell us buddy about the cool, in tune, in with the times cat that is Cerphe Colwell please.

Is this the last radio DJ?

Edited by touch
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One of the absolute best songs from that time. IMO

• Like 2

She had the idea that we should have a real fast boff in a guest room on the clock. I thought it might be thrilling if I could pull it off. The few times we gave it a go the coast was not totally clear. Remember I was young and dumb, and under the powers of a killer brunette. 

Commish was not seeing all angles. 

• Like 1

To Be Continued Stock Photos And Images - 123RF

24 minutes ago, touch said:

It is at this time that I ask my long time friend the doc to add something to my "bringing back early 80's DC days" bit on the thread.

See boys this guy here was the man in the 80's who was the most connected DJ and concert goer within the DC music scene. He had a Californian/ Hollywood flair in his delivery according to me. Well he has been doc's friend for many years. Tell us buddy about the cool, in tune, in with the times cat that is Cerphe Colwell please.

Cerphe was king on air HERE at HFS  all over the metro Dc back then.

Promoted artists to alternative radio stations in the Northeast such as WHFS  in Baltimore and Washington. | Alternative radio stations, Radio, Radio  station

• Like 3

30 years later, Poseurs nightclub reunion set | WTOP

30 years later, Poseurs nightclub reunion set | WTOP30 years later, Poseurs nightclub reunion set | WTOP

• Like 1

Hey around the 19th hole page the "anyone drinking green tea here?" thread is close on our heels. My lord I thought we had achieved higher ranks over the years. But we are a select group that probably doesn't appeal to the masses. That is mighty fine as Commish and his friends have a great time in this group regardless of audience appeal. 🙂  

• Like 2

WGC      Dell Match Play                    week 6   Picks

Scoring this week: 

10 points if one of your players make the final match. 25 points if you correctly have both players in the final match. 

greenmachine (+19)                 Oosthuizen                  Kokrak

jerebear (+26)                           JT                                DJ

NCLancer( +)                        Ancer                        Fitzpatrick 

Chuntsman (+39)                 Hovland                    Xander

doctoro (+25)                       Casey                       Reed

puttinfor8 (+24)                   Morikowa                   JT

Qqq (+15)                             Bryson                       Reed 

touch (+12)                          Casey                        Rahm 

Pete3putt (+1)                      Simpson                    Reed  

Standings                 

1 Chuntsman                                  39  

2 jerebear                                       26

3 doctoro                                        25

4 puttinfor 8                                   24

5 greenmachn                                19

6 Qqq                                              15

7 touch                                            12

8 NCLancer                                      1

9 Pete3putt                                      1

It is striking there are fewer folks looking at this thread, but I have to say, the novelty has worn off.  Like I checked the 12 diverging monkeys early on, but at some point it is difficult to keep up and haven't looked at it in years.  Perhaps that is where we are now?

As I age I realize I am becoming a bitter old man with a touch of Karen in him.  I hope when the dust settles good vibrations a la the Beach Boys overcome me, but even seeing the light at the end of the tunnel it appears to be coming more slowly than hoped.  In a myriad of first world problems for which I should be thankful to have, I find myself looking at the frustrations of having any of them.

To that, intellectually I think P3P needs to get over it.  Where are the posts about crabcakes v. philly cheesesteaks, or Red Hot Chili Peppers v Terrible Ted and Weekend Warriors?  They are gone, with a hopeful return soon...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

May I help with the mid life crisis? 

title........................Wax beans v. Green Beans discuss

post by

touch 

member since way back

not too many likes

With a more mild flavor the wax bean shall always be better accepted at dinner time over the simple green bean. The yellow color appears more appetizing to the diner.

Organic Yellow Wax Beans - Dwelley Farms - SF Bay | Good Eggs

V.

My Favorite Green Beans - Deliciously Organic

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, touch said:

Cerphe was the man! Started with a local underground station that really appealed to the counterculture and college, progressive Manchester England euro wave, WHFS where you would find my dial set to 99.1 when I got close into DC.  He then went to DC 101 a more mainstream rock station, and then WRQX which is now WJFK sports station and worked with guys like the Greaseman, and Adam Smasher. Cerphe stayed true to his roots closely connected to the rockers, doing interviews with guys like Robert Plant, introduced Little Feat onstage in DC while they recorded their live album Waiting For Columbus. When you partied out in the country and hated country music, the farm boys had no objections to this being played a cross between blues and Lynyrd Skynyrd but Lowell George on vocals was the tie breaker. Joey Ramone was a rock God in my opinion, the songs sounded redundant at times, but what's not broken doesn't need fixed they were pure energy on stage.  Cerphe has a book out now called Cerphe's Up and it's kind of a snapshot into his experiences and interviews with the legendary rockers, like Plant, Little Feat and so many more. He got fed up with the direction of radio and left about 15 years ago and never looked back. He lives out near me and has his own local stream called Music Planet Radio there is even an app for it by the same name I play it a lot when I am working out or typing like I am now. It's a really nice eclectic mix of old and newer not so familiar and familiar artists who put out quality music but it is not to serious that you fall asleep. Saturday night they play an hour of heavy metal. I got to know Cerphe as a regular customer at Il Fornaio in Reston while working there for 6 years. He's a very nice guy and has a Stevie Nicks look alike wife that is very nice also. He's also vegetarian LoL I really miss the old DC101 and most of all independent less commercial radio stations like WHFS 99.1 Where I got turned on to groups like Big Audio Dynamite after being turned onto the Clash,The Ramones, Pet Shop Boys, The Cure, Depeche Mode,The Romantics, Dave Edmunds, Root Boy Slim, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Pretenders, bands like the Police before they got huge, Talking Heads before burning down the house. My music acumen quickly diverted from 80's hair bands and 70's metal heads to this new found plethora of mosaics in sound, rhythm and beats. If it sounded cool and you could dance with someone it was all right with me. Billy Idol was only as good as his guitar player and he was good. Then came the 90's and the grunge scene and WHFS was bought out and turned into a spanish salsa station Oh well I could still dance.

• Like 3

Just now, doctoro said:

Cerphe was the man! Started with a local underground station that really appealed to the counterculture and college, progressive Manchester England euro wave, WHFS where you would find my dial set to 99.1 when I got close into DC.  He then went to DC 101 a more mainstream rock station, and then WRQX which is now WJFK sports station and worked with guys like the Greaseman, and Adam Smasher. Cerphe stayed true to his roots closely connected to the rockers, doing interviews with guys like Robert Plant, introduced Little Feat onstage in DC while they recorded their live album Waiting For Columbus. When you partied out in the country and hated country music, the farm boys had no objections to this being played a cross between blues and Lynyrd Skynyrd but Lowell George on vocals was the tie breaker. Joey Ramone was a rock God in my opinion, the songs sounded redundant at times, but what's not broken doesn't need fixed they were pure energy on stage.  Cerphe has a book out now called Cerphe's Up and it's kind of a snapshot into his experiences and interviews with the legendary rockers, like Plant, Little Feat and so many more. He got fed up with the direction of radio and left about 15 years ago and never looked back. He lives out near me and has his own local stream called Music Planet Radio there is even an app for it by the same name I play it a lot when I am working out or typing like I am now. It's a really nice eclectic mix of old and newer not so familiar and familiar artists who put out quality music but it is not to serious that you fall asleep. Saturday night they play an hour of heavy metal. I got to know Cerphe as a regular customer at Il Fornaio in Reston while working there for 6 years. He's a very nice guy and has a Stevie Nicks look alike wife that is very nice also. He's also vegetarian LoL I really miss the old DC101 and most of all independent less commercial radio stations like WHFS 99.1 Where I got turned on to groups like Big Audio Dynamite after being turned onto the Clash,The Ramones, Pet Shop Boys, The Cure, Depeche Mode,The Romantics, Dave Edmunds, Root Boy Slim, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Pretenders, bands like the Police before they got huge, Talking Heads before burning down the house. My music acumen quickly diverted from 80's hair bands and 70's metal heads to this new found plethora of mosaics in sound, rhythm and beats. If it sounded cool and you could dance with someone it was all right with me. Billy Idol was only as good as his guitar player and he was good. Then came the 90's and the grunge scene and WHFS was bought out and turned into a spanish salsa station Oh well I could still dance.

image.png.8d311abe9a2dfb3febb5b75705be2a2a.png     

image.png.8e2ea489499f960cb699362f43a4f0cb.png

https://wtop.com/music/2016/12/hfr-friday-night-hung-seven-cerphe-brushes-greatness/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, doctoro said:

Great stuff right here.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

Great stuff right here.

I knew something fine would appear if he answered my call.  Thanks P for his compliment. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, doctoro said:

Oh how I do miss dancing the night away in D.C. 80's style buddy. Thank you for that very well written piece doc. 

I just had my power restored from Duke Energy. Yup it has been out since I returned home from work yesterday. ugh 

I'll add in bands like NRBQ and Squeeze.

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, doctoro said:

Pete did you listen to a couple of the sound bites from this link? They give you a taste of how smooth Cerphe was on air.

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

WGC      Dell Match Play                    week 6   Picks

Scoring this week: 

10 points if one of your players make the final match. 25 points if you correctly have both players in the final match. 

greenmachine (+19)                 Oosthuizen                  Kokrak

jerebear (+26)                           JT                                DJ

NCLancer( +)                        Ancer                        Fitzpatrick 

Chuntsman (+39)                 Hovland                    Xander

doctoro (+25)                       Casey                       Reed

puttinfor8 (+24)                   Morikowa                   JT

Qqq (+15)                             Bryson                       Reed 

touch (+12)                          Casey                        Rahm 

Pete3putt (+1)                      Simpson                    Reed  

Standings                 

1 Chuntsman                                  39  

2 jerebear                                       26

3 doctoro                                        25

4 puttinfor 8                                   24

5 greenmachn                                19

6 Qqq                                              15

7 touch                                            12

8 NCLancer                                      1

9 Pete3putt                                      1

Heading into weekend play we have.....

greenmachine (+19)                 Oosthuizen gone                  Kokrak later days

jerebear (+26)                           JT  bye bye                            DJ  not this time

NCLancer( +)                        Ancer Nope                       Fitzpatrick didn't make it

Chuntsman (+39)                 Hovland see ya                 Xander see ya too

doctoro (+25)                       Casey cherrio                    Reed suprisingly no

puttinfor8 (+24)                   Morikowa sent home         JT farewell

Qqq (+15)                             Bryson  addios                   Reed out of there

touch (+12)                          Casey sayonara                  Rahm 🤩

Pete3putt (+1)                      Simpson ciao                       Reed goodbye 

at this point I am the only player who has a chance at points this week. Pretty astounding that is. 

I've got a chance to make a move on the field. 

I see my opportunity and I am going to make the most of it. 

Out of my way..............

Download People Running Away Gif | PNG & GIF BASE

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, touch said:

Pete did you listen to a couple of the sound bites from this link? They give you a taste of how smooth Cerphe was on air.

I only was confused by two of the posts and had to familiarize myself with them.  Many of them I have in my Spotify golf play list.

I have a theory. Most folks’ musical tastes are developed in their teens. It may change some, like mellow some or expand, but the general “favorite” genre is generally set early.

I do enjoy listening to music.

• Like 2

Well my semi-boy Fleetwood is still going. Great move picking DeChamblow over him. 

1-2   and   1-1-1      a blazing 2-3-1       Corporate that. 

• Haha 3

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

2 minutes ago, Qqq123xx said:

Well my semi-boy Fleetwood is still going. Great move picking DeChamblow over him. 

1-2   and   1-1-1      a blazing 2-3-1       Corporate that. 

Is a semi-boy the stage before a semi-chub? 

• touch locked this topic
  • touch unlocked this topic