2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

7 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

download.jpg

That was a home run come backer post right there son. 

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

That was a lot of competitive golf in one week. Congrats going out to the outspoken Gatorman and his dashing Polo sponsored attire. The dude does dress well. Probably too much FLAIR for some.   

Seriously, that's a grind. What a feeling that must be to win it knowing you got there by overcoming one boxing match after another. Iron man golf stuff to be commended on.

The past 2014 Fed Ex Cup Champ must have mucho duckies in Gator Land Federal. 

Billy Horschel outlasts Scottie Scheffler to win WGC-Dell Technologies  Match Play for sixth TOUR title

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Might need to give commish and his stats staff a raise next season. More work is being served up.

By Jay Busbee   Yahoo Sports 

Are you ready for some MORE football?

This week, the NFL is expected to officially expand the season from 16 to 17 games. The league loves the idea. Broadcasters love the idea. Gamblers love the idea. Fans love the idea. Players? Ehhhh ... maybe don't ask them for their opinion if you don't want to hear it. 

What will a 17-game season mean, aside from, you know, more football? Let's consider:

• Teams will play an extra game against the other conference, but not against the division they're already playing that year. The opponent will be weighted by strength of schedule, so we might get to see, say, Green Bay-Kansas City or Tampa Bay-New England more often. 

• There's no extra bye week; it'll be 17 games across 18 weeks. 

• In connection with that, there's now about 6 percent more chance that any player will suffer an in-season injury, one of the reasons why the players aren't exactly thrilled about the move. 

• The extra game also means 6 percent more regular-season revenue, which, conveniently enough for the NFL, comes right at a time when the league is looking to recover some of its COVID-related losses. 

• The extra game replaces one preseason game, which is just fine because preseason games are a) terrible and b) outright robbery of season-ticket holders, who have to pay full freight for those wretched exhibitions.

• Single-season records are now in play across the league. Peyton Manning's 5,477 yards passing; Eric Dickerson's 2,105 yards rushing; and the Patriots' 16-0 regular season could all fall in the coming years ... and there won't be an asterisk at all.

• On the plus side, someone might just beat the Lions' 0-16 record. Some of you always get mad when I criticize specific teams, so I won't say it'll probably be the Texans that go 0-17.

• Like 2

Current Standings      Week 6             

1 Chuntsman                                  39  

2 jerebear                                       26

3 doctoro                                        25

4 puttinfor 8                                   24

5 greenmachn                                19

6 Qqq                                              15

7 touch                                            12

8 NCLancer                                      1

9 Pete3putt                                      1

how does commish feel about my buccaneers resigning every starter?  For the 2021-2022 season I will pick bucs every single week.  

• Like 2

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

15 hours ago, touch said:

I have diverse tastes in music. Pretty much like it all but country and hip hop/rap are a strong NO. I enjoyed flashing back this week to the 80's with songs and styles from the decade. 

Here are a few more that I shredded the dance floor to.

7b113427b80b9b77fa6de3f27899a414--rick-james-james-darcy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

10 hours ago, jerebear21 said:

is this week back to our usual pick3?

no winners for WGC matchplay = a bunch of losers.  

Yes. This week we do return to selecting 3 players. Normal point system.

10 hours ago, greenemachine said:

Valero Open Picks:

Corey Conners

Hideki Matsuyama

Add one more player greene. Back to 3 man teams.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, jerebear21 said:

how does commish feel about my buccaneers resigning every starter?  For the 2021-2022 season I will pick bucs every single week.  

Well of course that is fine. Q did the Pats for a few seasons in that manner, and Pete3P still does continue to take the terrible towels weekly.

You can be "ahoy mate, me beloved Bucc's it be " all ye want jerebear. How about you Mr. West coast of Florida, are you getting in a 9 hole 'r here and there? Or is the new baby still got you very occupied?  

Kraken Black Spiced Rum 94 Proof 1.75L - Crown Wine & Spirits

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, CHuntsman said:

Valero Open Picks.

1. Scottie Scheffler

2. Charlie Hoffman

You also need to add a player. We are back to 3 man teams. 

Asking  P3P, Doc, NCL, and Qqq for help. Well any of you fellas out there if you think you can assist in this. I was reminded of an 80's band (Lone Justice) in a post over on the the appreciation thread. I really enjoyed the lead singer and had completely forgotten about them. I think Maria McKee's voice is special. She belts it our so soulfully I love it.  Who does she sort of sound like to you? I can't place it. Do I hear Janis,Wynonna, Linda Ronstadt, Dolly Pardon, or Crystal Gayle?  Am I far off with those three? I believe I have overlooked a biggie and that is why I ask you all. I know all lead singers are indeed their own special presence artistically , but still I want your help with this.  

Thanks in advance. 

Their Shelter song is a huge favorite of mine. I thanked MiamiStomp personally over on the 80's thread for posting the band that I had unfortunately forgotten about.  For shame, but they were retrieved.  Thanks Miamistomp and you have exceptional musical talent and a wonderful soul filled voice girl !!!          

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

They put a lot of money into the new Tryon International Equestrian Center down by the boarder of NC and SC. This is 35 minutes south of me. The entire area has a pretty charming feel and is comprised of four different towns. Now I know after seeing this banner in downtown Landrum today . Landrum is where I tell ya I stop (it's 3/4 of the way to the course) and explore the store fronts and stretch my old hard working legs. It was a post card pure perfect weather day. Clear blue skies and 65 degrees. The sun felt really f*ng good, and demanded I use plenty of sunblock.  What else besides the banner did I find in quaint downtown country town? 

Tryon International Equestrian Center

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

I found some very stately columns at the First Baptist Church. That is a lovely brick church. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

I walked a few blocks towards the R.R. tracks and was called to a store full of whimsy. Expressions has their sidewalk filled with artistic animals. I took a closer look today. I first spied the goats, but said nothing for I had business with some other animal friends a bit further down out in front of Expressions. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

No I passed over the goats and headed straight for the fowl. See this is The University of South Carolina Game Cocks territory. Columbia is not that far off. It's Lindsay dang Graham land and they exclaim Spurs Up around these parts.

I wanted to ask the cocks for a swing tip or two to assist me in my round today. Big Chicken told me, "don't sway, exhale just before pulling the trigger, and commit to your shot."   Wise bird that head c0ck. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Next it's a brief recap of my confusing round under the warm sun on a fine spring day.

Weed GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The weekend by Qais Sarhan on Dribbble

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

;

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Why did I have one facet of the game not participate today? Putting. It failed me bad, and I didn't miss them horribly. No I had fine control of the speed I just could not get proper lines. I friggin' 3 putted 4 times. The first 3 par three's I three jacked after hitting very tidy tee shots in. That frustrated the hell out of me. Rattled me bad. Disgusted! It was such a shame the putter was bulky for it was such a solid a ball striking round. My lord I was coming in tight from 180 and in all afternoon. Right out of the gate on 1 I started peppering pins. I did park one drive OB into a lateral, but took my drop and smoked the next one to a foot from 160 yards out. Hot Irons man.I was 3 over at the turn. I faced a really rough up and down on the hardest hole no. 10. The putter delivered big time there with a nasty uphill curler for the par. The point and shoot iron game continued on the back. The confidence I had with an iron in my hand today was pretty tasty. At my ability level that zone does on rare occasion appear in my golf game. It was full on today. The driver besides the one tug was very solid and straight. My steady play of late has hinged on my driver's ability for sure. I I did snag two birdies on the back after knocking down those pins.

I shot 78 and felt some what let down. It could have been one of my lower scores of late.  Golf is hard because to have a solid round under your handicap you must have all the facets of the game with you that day. I had them all but putting.  Heck 3 gagging 4 times is terrible. Those were bitter pills to swallow. I am just fine though as my 78 was the best of the group and I won a few bets. I listened to the advise of the father rooster. I stayed with the shot and swung freely with commitment all the way to a high finish. My darts with the irons today had a touch less luster because of the mess I made on many greens. I still had an absolute blast!

Tomorrow it's a track north of Asheville with big elevation changes. It's been a few months since I've played Reems Creek. My irons will be ready for the challenge I bet. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

On a corporate outing, generally to save money they pick either shoulder season completely out of season.  San Antonio in late July, sign me up!  I have played this course, and it was a blood bath.  Not knowing where I was going, and it looks fairly obvious on the tee where you want to miss until you miss there.  Then you are in low scrub with rocks in it.  The only saving grace was you couldn't find your ball, so we rarely had to play from it.

Thinking back on the eighties, I remember Jojoba shampoo or Body on Tap as being the two hot ticket items.  Until about 3 years ago, my guy Charley had to still be using one of these.  You can't have that mullet and then turn away from the haircare products which made the curls flow.  First pick, Charley Hoffman.  With his new 'do, I suspect he is like every other middle aged man and using the ole 3 in 1.  I like this other guy too.  Maybe because even as he rises through the ranks he continues to rock the diminutive.  I am taking the Longhorn, Scottie Sheffler.  Lastly, I know nothing about Brandon Grace, but sign me up.  I just feel like he could do something here.

July in San Antonio.  It was about 95 with 95 humidity so as I prepared for the sweltering day, I put on my loosest clothing.  I didn't want the brutal sticking effect to take hold.  Anyway, I put on my favorite underwear, the elastic was worn and loose because of (age not weight gain) and threw on some bigger shorts as well, and I was ready to roll.  After the round, I had to change, it was so freaking hot this MT kid couldn't believe anyone would ever live there.  True statement, the sweat essentially disintegrated my underwear.  So when someone says they were sweating their butt off, I can relate.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Valero Picks:

Abe Ancer

Lanto Griffin

Jhonny Vegas

Is the 3rd man just our "in case of emergency" guy? 

IMHO,  Maria McKee's voice reminds me of the similarly named Martina McBride.  

Off to Raleigh for 18 at Wildwood Green which, according to their motto, is Where Champions Play.   I believe I will prove that to be false advertising...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Alrighty then with my continuing non bowel movement to pick as many different players as possible I will now commence. 

Corey Conners

Abraham Ancer

Charley Hoffman

Yeah I had the duo caps going there for a bit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

10 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

On a corporate outing, generally to save money they pick either shoulder season completely out of season.  San Antonio in late July, sign me up!  I have played this course, and it was a blood bath.  Not knowing where I was going, and it looks fairly obvious on the tee where you want to miss until you miss there.  Then you are in low scrub with rocks in it.  The only saving grace was you couldn't find your ball, so we rarely had to play from it.

Thinking back on the eighties, I remember Jojoba shampoo or Body on Tap as being the two hot ticket items.  Until about 3 years ago, my guy Charley had to still be using one of these.  You can't have that mullet and then turn away from the haircare products which made the curls flow.  First pick, Charley Hoffman.  With his new 'do, I suspect he is like every other middle aged man and using the ole 3 in 1.  I like this other guy too.  Maybe because even as he rises through the ranks he continues to rock the diminutive.  I am taking the Longhorn, Scottie Sheffler.  Lastly, I know nothing about Brandon Grace, but sign me up.  I just feel like he could do something here.

July in San Antonio.  It was about 95 with 95 humidity so as I prepared for the sweltering day, I put on my loosest clothing.  I didn't want the brutal sticking effect to take hold.  Anyway, I put on my favorite underwear, the elastic was worn and loose because of (age not weight gain) and threw on some bigger shorts as well, and I was ready to roll.  After the round, I had to change, it was so freaking hot this MT kid couldn't believe anyone would ever live there.  True statement, the sweat essentially disintegrated my underwear.  So when someone says they were sweating their butt off, I can relate.

Shoulder season means deals baby for families and group travel for sure. My lord San Antonio in July on a golf course must be true misery.

Low scrub filled with rocks is definitely something one does not want to hit their new Miura blades out of. 

Lol the ol' 3 in 1 gel. It's a scrubbing agent, gentle cleanser, and conditioner in one. But does it offer proper lathering up properties when one might be manscaping in the shower? 

😃 He went Body on Tap!

Pete liked to have his hairdo smell like Molson draft back then.  I remember that shampoo. 

Perhaps the man from the cold north will share with the group the brand of skivvies that yield a hundred thousand miles with the original waistband?

Are many styles of such long lasting underwear available in the brand? Can one get the duraguard waistband in a man's bikini thong in peach oxford cloth? Asking for a friend. 

Naw the commish has been a 100 % cotton boxer's male since high school. The key is using abundant talcum powder to keep the swamp a** and monkey butt at bay. 

RetroNewsNow on Twitter: "1981 Retro Ad: — Body On Tap: Beer Enriched  Shampoo… "

AP Dry Body on Tap 'But Don't Drink It- Just Shampoo! CHEERS! The 1970s  Brought America Many Interesting Things Including Beer-Enriched Shampoo Body  on Tap Commercials Had to Remind People Not to

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

I played one of the most scenic golf courses in the Asheville area today. I hadn't been there in months. I found the course to be in surprisingly excellent condition besides the eroding bunkers. Covid ended trap rakes and also around here (except the CC's) ended bunker upkeep on public courses. But back to the warm ,sunny, and breezy 73* day I had at Reems Creek G.C. in Weaverville, NC. It's a northern suburb from downtown AVL. All the holes were so green and lush it felt like heaven to this winter golf warrior who has been playing upon drab and dormant for months . I found smooth and seriously uniform greens for early spring that I'd say were running at a manageable 10 and a half.  I arrived an hour early and got in a solid warm up. This is a difficult course because of the elevation changes and multi tiered greens. 

Rating  70.4    Slope 133    6135 yards 

I was confident as ever going to the first tee. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Large sloped greens.

Edited by touch
  • Like 4