2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

This is my favorite tourney of the year, I am not going to be like little Johnny at Christmas sneaking around trying to see what gifts I am getting before the big day. Don't want to jump the gun to early so for now folks let's just savor the introductory trip down Magnolia Lane. 

Good Luck ALL enjoy each day of Masters Week starting with that goose bumpy ride down...

image.png.0a7ce88e8c31a9bfb86fbd5a87bf9655.png

• Like 4

Standings through week 7 

chuntsman                          +46

jerebear                                 34

puttinforthe8                         27

doctoro                                  26

greenmachine                       24

Qqq                                        23

Pete3putt                                8

touch                                       8

NCLancer                                0

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

doc said "As a matter of fact tonight I might lay the -4.5 pts and ride those Baylor Bears to the net cutting ceremony. "

I certainly hope you are not laying the points with Baylor as they are the dog.

I  believe you were giving the argument for taking the points with the Bears.

You have a golf game this Sunday so your butt better be at the range.

So happy to hear you are playing again finally!  

And my dear friend doc I remember how gaga you get over the Masters. It's my second favorite. I believe the stress of winning the US Open is the most pressure these pro's can face and that is why I give the edge to that tournament. 

• Like 2

Masters Picks

jerebear (+34)            JT                          DJ                    Spieth

chuntsman(+46)        JT                          Reed                Cantlay

pete3putt (+8)           Bubba                   Phil                   MacIntyre

greenmachn(+24)     Im                        Sheffler             Cameron Smith

21 minutes ago, touch said:

doc said "As a matter of fact tonight I might lay the -4.5 pts and ride those Baylor Bears to the net cutting ceremony. "

And my dear friend doc I remember how gaga you get over the Masters. It's my second favorite. I believe the stress of winning the US Open is the most pressure these pro's can face and that is why I give the edge to that tournament. 

Sorry, correction taking the 4.5 points

• Like 2

Mr. Greene, the Carolina Panthers have today traded for Sam Darnold. Will he be a good fit in their offense? Do you think has the goods to be a solid starting QB in Charlotte? Are we going to see him live this fall?

I as a few others would like to hear your sage take sir on the trade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I work hard all weekend. I stay up way too late last night downing too much sauvignon blanc adding to the gibberish on the thread.

I wake this morning with tired legs and a mild hangover. I cut my upper lip due to the hangover shaving. It's a good bleeder. I eat my usual large bacon and eggs pregame breakfast and load the car. 

Then I down a few Advil's and grab a Red Bull and I'm on my way to the course in late rush hour traffic. I was back at Reems Creek where I played well last week. It is sunny fine weather. Reems is one beautiful golf course. I do not feel real ready and have no idea what to expect of my game.

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, touch said:

Mr. Greene, the Carolina Panthers have today traded for Sam Darnold. Will he be a good fit in their offense? Do you think has the goods to be a solid starting QB in Charlotte? Are we going to see him live this fall?

What did they give up? I was hoping for WFT to get Darnold. He's not great but he's still got upside and you can build around him. CMC is going to be back and I am sure will still be the focal point of the offense. I think people have written Darnold off to soon though I like the deal as long as they didn't give up to much.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, doctoro said:

image.png.d1c2b09579e1076d47a64a7f89198cba.pngThe Adidas Stan Smith Masters Golf Shoe... Stylin and profiling in Masters Green!

If you are old as dirt as commish is you remember Stan Smith's from the 70's. Possibly the one on the left, but leave the gay kiltie thing off please that dons the right shoe. I could never wear that color shoe myself. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Who sees the pin up on top? That is the severe uphill approach shot on # 12 !   

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

The blue skies stretched on for miles. The course was green not tan. It was clear and 75 * with a light breeze. Course was empty on the Monday after the long Easter weekend. It was the perfect golf day. 

This is from #12 tee. Par 5. 

It is an off the tee carry of 210 to that landing patch in the distance. Then it is a hybrid to the base of the next big hill for a second shot. Then it is a very steep 100 yards straight up into the sky approach shot.   (photo of severe steepness in post above). 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Thought for sure today I might snag a birdie on hole 8 with my number luck.    Nope par.

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, doctoro said:

What did they give up? I was hoping for WFT to get Darnold. He's not great but he's still got upside and you can build around him. CMC is going to be back and I am sure will still be the focal point of the offense. I think people have written Darnold off to soon though I like the deal as long as they didn't give up to much.

2nd and 4th round pick this year and a 3rd next or something. 

• Like 1

1st photo

Par 3 downhill 165 yds 

2nd photo 

Green of number 16  a gentle rolling downhill dogleg right Par 4 with an elevated green     Par 4  382 yds     

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

I had a proper warm up and found good success hitting flush shots for most part. Moved on to 10 minutes at the short game practice area to make sure the counted on "touch" part of my short game was dialed in. Finished by rolling 20 to 40 footers on the practice green. I ended my warm up with some baby chips from the fringe of the putting green. I must say for the still a wee bit hungover guy who was also tired from hustling at work liked his chances after his pregame practice.

Taking the safe and prudent route I hit 3 woods off the first four par 4's. My driver has been mighty reliable of late but the front 9 at Reems  starts out with tight tree lined fairways. I liked my chances having a longer approach shot (because of my decent iron play recently) if I could guarantee I put it in the short grass. I hit the first two greens and made pars. I missed the next two and left myself on the wrong side of the hole, failed both up and downs. Two over after 4. Solid two putt pars on #5 and 6. Slipped again on 7 missing the green on the absolute wrong side where an up and down was not in my bag of tricks. Bogey number 3. I stood on the 8th (!!) tee box 3 over par.  I was alright with my start to this point. This is a challenging course and I did not take one penalty for out of play,  nor did I 3 jack.  

• Like 2

There was not a need for anything dramatic from that point on. I somehow reeled off 11 consecutive pars. That is so not me. I didn't 3 putt yet again.  I missed some greens but hit absolute gem pitches in the correct spots on those banked greens to save par each time. I missed 3 decent birdie looks. My driver came out mid round and hit all the shots missing only one fairway by 3 yards. I made solid two putts from some distance many times. I came in with a 75. One better than last Tues.  A boring round with 15 pars and 3 bogeys. Reems Creek suits me. It was a thrilling ride keeping the par streak going. I have not done something like that in a good while. Fun afternoon being so steady. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Two golf buddies and I are driving a little over an hour to try a new course today. One other golf buddy who moved away to Hickory,NC six months back is meeting us at the course. Again spectacular weather is in store. Time to tee it high and let it fly once more.  

Silver Creek Plantation, Morganton, NC Real Estate & Homes for Sale |  realtor.com®Silver Creek Plantation in Morganton, North Carolina, USA | Golf Advisor

SkyGolf Courses | SkyGolf 360

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, touch said:

The only problem I have with the US Open is how they trick up the older courses and you almost have to be lucky to win the US Open. With the Masters you see that same majestic course and you are rewarded for your mastery of a course which plays the same for everyone and you are rewarded for your knowledge of how to putt, chip and hit great approaches. Where driving is not as much of a premium with the rough only severe enough to impede your approach from landing on the the green in birdie territory unless you hit a stellar shot. DJ won last year because the course was not the regular Masters course. I doubt he wins this year. The Masters brings everyone into the mix. The US Open is still my second favorite because it is very grueling test of golf but the USGA goes to far with the Putt Putt greens and impossible slopes and rough. Hence Daly blowing up at Pinehurst, Michelson whacking his ball and so forth. This is why guys like Payne Stewart, Curtis Strange and Hale Irwin won because they were just fairways and greens. Shoot par and you chance to win. The Masters you have greens which talk to you with the ghosts of Bobby Jones, Ben Hogan, and Arnold Palmer, the ride down Magnolia Lane and the green jacket ceremony. Well behaved crowd, pristine conditions and the spring blooms are the icing on the cake. " And that Masters music before Jim Nantz says "Welcome....its the ....of the Masters"..."Friends" he says friends a lot...LoL!  But the fact that the US Open is on NBC is the reason I knock it down to second place. With Mike Tirico and Dan Hicks not bad but just doesn't have the golf acumen of Nantz and the long standing CBS Masters coverage. Nantz has the classic golf delivery. Tirico better at football and Nantz better at big events like the Masters

• Like 4

17 hours ago, touch said:

That's a good question there commish. I don't know if my insight will be any more forth coming as it was in the Stafford - Geoff trade earlier this offseason, but then again I am a man of the people. And so with that, here goes. 

Surprising to some, maybe even to many, Joe Burrow ( Drafted 2020), Josh Allen (Drafted 2018), Lamar Jackson (Drafted 2018), Josh Rosen (Drafted 2018) Baker Mayfield (Drafted 2018) are all older than their first round brother Sam Darnold (Drafted 2018). Also 2018 was the second highest number of first-round quarterback selections (tied with the 1999 draft) after the six selected in 1983. While the previous boast an average age of 24 to 25 years of age. Darnold on the other hand is only 23 years old. Yes, 23 years old. Why is this important? Well if history is any indication of what is to come, Darnold's future looks to become positive. In the examples above with Mayfield, Allen, and even Jackson to some degree, each starting out of the gate with some promise ,previously shown coming out of college, only to quickly fall from grace in a "What the hell happened to these guys" moment. Just going down the list Mayfield had the pre notion to finally be the savior under center and not have his name added to the "Failed QB Jersey" that had already claimed the likes of pretty much every Cleveland Browns first round pick since the 2006 season. List of every Cleveland Brown QB Ever. (53 in 57 years)  http://ift.tt/2fZwVB0 Love #sport follow #sport… | Cleveland browns  quarterback, Cleveland browns, Cleveland

Baker seemed doomed to be added to this list with a bumpy couple years after his rookie season. 

Fast forward to the present and this man helped the Mistake by the Lake reach the AFC Divisionally Round by defeating rival Pittsburgh Steelers. Losing to the bruised and battered Mahomes lead Chiefs in the waning seconds of the Divisional game only because Andy Reid had more balls than a McDonald's Play Pit, was no accident. Mayfield finally had the coaching and the support needed to help a struggling organization reach and win a playoff game. The organization trusted their "guy" and their "guy" trusted the organization. Even though it took some time for things to finally click and get going, boy did they ever. 

Parallels can be drawn to New York city infamously known for their chicken wings. The Buffalo Bills had their man in Josh Allen who, coming out of the University of Wyoming, showcased a monster of an arm; but could he control it and accurately deliver strikes downfield?  At first yes, then opposing defenses figured the quarterback out and starting forcing turnovers. Allen developed the notion of being too much of a "gunslinger" a "gambler". When it came to making plays, instead of reading the defense and taking what was given to him based on pre-snap reads and post snap coverages he instead would force the ball downfield and into the defenses hands by always "going for the big play" or the "highlight play". Thankfully though as in the case with Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen and the Bills coaching staff adapted and soon after found success. Allen realized the offense has 4 downs to move the chains (preferable 3) and only 10 yards to gain another first down. Why force downfield bombs all the time when you can play short, medium, and long. This and the addition of Stefon Diggs proved the young Bills signal caller could in fact play in the NFL and wasn't another flame out college quarterback we tend to see each and every season. Leading the Bills to back to back playoff births was no fluke. Getting to the AFC Championship game this past year was no fluke either. Allen is a force to be reckon with and is here to stay. 

الجنس يعالج الصفيح circle the wagons buffalo bills jersey - dsvdedommel.com

Finally touching back on Darnold. Will he be a good fit in their offense? Do you think has the goods to be a solid starting QB in Charlotte? Are we going to see him live this fall?

Simply put, YES! In my mind Darnold has shown more than enough when it comes to evaluating talent and game sense. He can make plays with his arm, his legs, and even a combination of the 2. Poetically Darnold is traded from a bad situation to better up and coming one right after Easter weekend. It is almost like the gridiron gods gave Sam Darnold a rebirth, if you will, in Charlotte. I see this marriage lasting more than people think. I also see the young QB going through some growing pains. Darnold could have been a franchise quarterback in the Big Apple for Gang Green but the organization grew inpatient and again wrote off another first round pick. If Carolina has any sense about them, I think they do by trading for him, they will incorporate Sam's strengths into the strengths of the offense. That being play action. Obviously the Panthers have an MVP caliber tailback in Christen McCaffery and some playable talent on the outside to warrant this type of play calling. Robby Anderson, DJ Moore can both stretch the field like playdough while David Moore like to brings a bucket full of coins to the casino as he is good in the slot. Darnold will have to adjust to the new style and realized, like Allen did before him, he doesn't have to force anything to make something happen.  I think there will be some moderate success in his first season and about the same in the second season. Where I see the change, granted if the Panthers resign him and invest in their newly acquired QB, is at the halfway mark of the third season with the Panthers. This of course is also heavily weighed on how the Panthers draft in the coming weeks. Will they provide Darnold with a safety blanket in drafting a TE? Will they draft/acquire more defensive help to further support the rebuild on the offensive side of the ball? Will they surround the signal caller with more playmakers? Time will ultimately tell like it did for the rest of the 2018 QB draft class. All in all though Sam Darnold is without a doubt in a better spot then he was the previous 3 years. Like they say in Charlotte Sam, just keep pounding. 

Edited by greenemachine
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, touch said:

2nd and 4th round pick this year and a 3rd next or something. 

6th rd this year and 2nd & 4th rders next year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

5 hours ago, greenemachine said:

That's a good question there commish. I don't know if my insight will be any more forth coming as it was in the Stafford - Geoff trade earlier this offseason, but then again I am a man of the people. And so with that, here goes. 

Surprising to some, maybe even to many, Joe Burrow ( Drafted 2020), Josh Allen (Drafted 2018), Lamar Jackson (Drafted 2018), Josh Rosen (Drafted 2018) Baker Mayfield (Drafted 2018) are all older than their first round brother Sam Darnold (Drafted 2018). Also 2018 was the second highest number of first-round quarterback selections (tied with the 1999 draft) after the six selected in 1983. While the previous boast an average age of 24 to 25 years of age. Darnold on the other hand is only 23 years old. Yes, 23 years old. Why is this important? Well if history is any indication of what is to come, Darnold's future looks to become positive. In the examples above with Mayfield, Allen, and even Jackson to some degree, each starting out of the gate with some promise ,previously shown coming out of college, only to quickly fall from grace in a "What the hell happened to these guys" moment. Just going down the list Mayfield had the pre notion to finally be the savior under center and not have his name added to the "Failed QB Jersey" that had already claimed the likes of pretty much every Cleveland Browns first round pick since the 2006 season. List of every Cleveland Brown QB Ever. (53 in 57 years)  http://ift.tt/2fZwVB0 Love #sport follow #sport… | Cleveland browns  quarterback, Cleveland browns, Cleveland

Baker seemed doomed to be added to this list with a bumpy couple years after his rookie season. 

Fast forward to the present and this man helped the Mistake by the Lake reach the AFC Divisionally Round by defeating rival Pittsburgh Steelers. Losing to the bruised and battered Mahomes lead Chiefs in the waning seconds of the Divisional game only because Andy Reid had more balls than a McDonald's Play Pit, was no accident. Mayfield finally had the coaching and the support needed to help a struggling organization reach and win a playoff game. The organization trusted their "guy" and their "guy" trusted the organization. Even though it took some time for things to finally click and get going, boy did they ever. 

Parallels can be drawn to New York city infamously known for their chicken wings. The Buffalo Bills had their man in Josh Allen who, coming out of the University of Wyoming, showcased a monster of an arm; but could he control it and accurately deliver strikes downfield?  At first yes, then opposing defenses figured the quarterback out and starting forcing turnovers. Allen developed the notion of being too much of a "gunslinger" a "gambler". When it came to making plays, instead of reading the defense and taking what was given to him based on pre-snap reads and post snap coverages he instead would force the ball downfield and into the defenses hands by always "going for the big play" or the "highlight play". Thankfully though as in the case with Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen and the Bills coaching staff adapted and soon after found success. Allen realized the offense has 4 downs to move the chains (preferable 3) and only 10 yards to gain another first down. Why force downfield bombs all the time when you can play short, medium, and long. This and the addition of Stefon Diggs proved the young Bills signal caller could in fact play in the NFL and wasn't another flame out college quarterback we tend to see each and every season. Leading the Bills to back to back playoff births was no fluke. Getting to the AFC Championship game this past year was no fluke either. Allen is a force to be reckon with and is here to stay. 

الجنس يعالج الصفيح circle the wagons buffalo bills jersey - dsvdedommel.com

Finally touching back on Darnold. Will he be a good fit in their offense? Do you think has the goods to be a solid starting QB in Charlotte? Are we going to see him live this fall?

Simply put, YES! In my mind Darnold has shown more than enough when it comes to evaluating talent and game sense. He can make plays with his arm, his legs, and even a combination of the 2. Poetically Darnold is traded from a bad situation to better up and coming one right after Easter weekend. It is almost like the gridiron gods gave Sam Darnold a rebirth, if you will, in Charlotte. I see this marriage lasting more than people think. I also see the young QB going through some growing pains. Darnold could have been a franchise quarterback in the Big Apple for Gang Green but the organization grew inpatient and again wrote off another first round pick. If Carolina has any sense about them, I think they do by trading for him, they will incorporate Sam's strengths into the strengths of the offense. That being play action. Obviously the Panthers have an MVP caliber tailback in Christen McCaffery and some playable talent on the outside to warrant this type of play calling. Robby Anderson, DJ Moore can both stretch the field like playdough while David Moore like to brings a bucket full of coins to the casino as he is good in the slot. Darnold will have to adjust to the new style and realized, like Allen did before him, he doesn't have to force anything to make something happen.  I think there will be some moderate success in his first season and about the same in the second season. Where I see the change, granted if the Panthers resign him and invest in their newly acquired QB, is at the halfway mark of the third season with the Panthers. This of course is also heavily weighed on how the Panthers draft in the coming weeks. Will they provide Darnold with a safety blanket in drafting a TE? Will they draft/acquire more defensive help to further support the rebuild on the offensive side of the ball? Will they surround the signal caller with more playmakers? Time will ultimately tell like it did for the rest of the 2018 QB draft class. All in all though Sam Darnold is without a doubt in a better spot then he was the previous 3 years. Like they say in Charlotte Sam, just keep pounding. 

Thank you. I needed the keen NFL insight that you possess on this new Panther's QB matter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So with all the rain the Asheville area has had over the past month I have been playing soft conditions. When your irons are on you can just smoke darts at the pins. Why did I expect that 90 minutes east of the AVL it would be the same. Oh my today I ran into a very firm and fast track.  Morganton got much less rain of late than week did. There were tiny greens that if you did hit the middle of they still wouldn't hold. But the greens were so well protected ,as well as mighty elevated so you did not have the low runner option very often.  A few greens I deemed unfairly sloped. Got in a range warm up. While practicing putting it was obvious these were much faster than Reem's greens yesterday. I could see on the first tee looking all around me at 4 or 5 holes that this was going to be a test like I haven't had in a while. First time playing it. Big elevation changes and protected small greens. Out of the gate it was 6 straight bogeys. I knew after the 5th hole that this round would be my greatest challenge of the new season. I better get my decent golfer pants on I thought or there is every bit of a chance I kiss 90 today. I really did like the course. You are never bored. I will return when it greens up, softens up,  and the leaves come in. They like to get the course where I work to be in this condition in the dead of summer.  But it has been months since I played in those conditions. I could not sniff a par for many holes starting out. 

First photo                   This is a green on top of a large hill that you are hitting 6 iron into?   wow so tiny 

Second photo             Under a strong sun Silver Creek played quite a bit like the 2015 US Open at Chambers Bay. At 

least more than once today that came to me. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

• touch locked this topic
  • touch unlocked this topic