2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

2 hours ago, touch said:

So with all the rain the Asheville area has had over the past month I have been playing soft conditions. When your irons are on you can just smoke darts at the pins. Why did I expect that 90 minutes east of the AVL it would be the same. Oh my today I ran into a very firm and fast track.  Morganton got much less rain of late than week did. There were tiny greens that if you did hit the middle of they still wouldn't hold. But the greens were so well protected ,as well as mighty elevated ,you did not have the low runner option very often.  A few greens I deemed unfairly sloped. Got in a range warm up. While practicing putting it was obvious these were much faster than Reem's greens yesterday. I could see on the first tee looking all around me at 4 or 5 holes that this was going to be a test like I haven't had in a while. First time playing it. Big elevation changes and protected small greens. Out of the gate it was 6 straight bogeys. I knew after the 5th hole that this round would be my greatest challenge of the new season. I better get my decent golfer pants on I thought or there is every bit of a chance I kiss 90 today. I really did like the course. You are never bored. I will return when it greens up, softens up,  and the leaves come in. They like to get the course where I work to be in this condition in the dead of summer.  But it has been months since I played in those conditions. I could not sniff a par for many holes starting out. 

First photo                   This is a green on top of a large hill that you are hitting 6 iron into?   wow so tiny 

Second photo             Under a strong sun Silver Creek played quite a bit like the 2015 US Open at Chambers Bay. At least more than once 

today that came to me. 

greens this size? .jpg

firm and fast 1 .jpg

That would be a GW for moi brahhh. 

• Like 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

4 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

That would be a GW for moi brahhh. 

Gap from 165 is indeed so you. 

• Thanks 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

• Haha 1

For Pete

• Like 3

I am going with JT, Rahm, and Morikowa 

• Like 1

Masters Picks

jerebear (+34)            JT                          DJ                    Spieth

chuntsman(+46)        JT                          Reed                Cantlay

pete3putt (+8)           Bubba                   Phil                   MacIntyre

greenmachn(+24)     Im                         Sheffler             Cameron Smith

Qqq (+23)                  Rahm                    Cantlay             Casey

NCLancer (+0)          JT                          Spieth               Simpson

touch (+8)                 JT                          Rahm                 Morikowa 

puttinfor8 (+27)        Xander                  Hovland             Bryson

doctoro (+26)              JT                          Rahm                 Koepka 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

On my way to work now and will later this morning complete the short recap of my day at the very difficult , firm, fast, and brown course in Morganton, NC. known as Silver Creek. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, doctoro said:

I think the leaderboard will be a great one! Minus Tiger.

Koepka is sandbagging. I see a three headed race with Koepka, JT and baby daddy Rahm

Book it!

Koepka

JT

Rahm

Bookem-300x197.jpg

book_him_dano.jpg

• Haha 4

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

55 minutes ago, doctoro said:

Well as the week speeds by, we come to day one and the Ceremonial tee shots to start the Masters.

I am so used to seeing Player, Nicklaus, and Arnie. But time is always chipping away at us all

Good Luck ALL 

Enjoy the Masters!

image.png.6cbbff2db57d1708eb272c3ca5e62cbe.png

All hail the GOAT. 

Masters Picks      All locked and set 

jerebear (+34)            JT                          DJ                    Spieth

pete3putt (+8)           Bubba                   Phil                   MacIntyre

greenmachn(+24)     Im                         Sheffler             Cameron Smith

touch (+8)                 JT                          Rahm                 Morikowa 

doctoro (+26)            JT                          Rahm                 Koepka 

What if I said throw two more names that you have a hunch about in the Masters up on the thread? It of course is for fun and there won't be any points on the line. I was curious to who our close but still second tier choices were. This way if one of your bonus picks wins a green jacket you can bang your head with your hand and kick your own a**. 

😛

I'll lead off. 

Besides my Morikowa, JT, and Rahm picks, I came close to selecting Reed and Casey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, touch said:

What if I said throw two more names that you have a hunch about in the Masters up on the thread? It of course is for fun and there won't be any points on the line. I was curious to who our close but still second tier choices were. This way if one of your bonus picks wins a green jacket you can bang your head with your hand and kick your own a**. 

😛

I'll lead off. 

Besides my Morikowa, JT, and Rahm picks, I came close to selecting Reed and Casey.

I have 3:  I think Cantlay may be ready, but his recent form had me avoid.   I also like Jason Day.  I left out Cam Smith and think he may repeat his performance, but this time win.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, touch said:

😛

I'll lead off. 

Zander and Casey were high on my list. 

• Thanks 1

So I bogeyed number 7 and that made 7 straight one over's for me. I get up on no. 8 a par 3 and hit a shot that did find the green. Made a nice two putt and got my first par of the day. I stand on the 9th tee and say to the group. " Mr. S, you've had 2 birds already, Mr. M same for you two on the day, and Mr. A you too have a birdie. How is it I just got my first par of the day?" " Well yesterday it was 11 straight pars maybe today it's to be an all time bogey performance, that is golf now isn't it " I added. I made par on 9.  I made the turn 7 over trailing the leader by 4. What do you know I tossed a wedge from 110 on number 10 that had so much juice going for it that it hopped and dead stopped 6 inches from the cup. Presto I was now in the birdie club. I played a bit better on the back and shot a 3 over. It was a battle on that dry hard track all day for me. I felt I achieved a small turnaround on the back 9. Maybe I did get one leg in the decent player pants that I was seeking to wear. I lost to number one golf buddy by 2 shots. 

Mr. S           80

LP                82

Mc              83

Mr. A           90 

It was a course that went up one hill and down the next followed by hard doglegs in both directions. The slopes on some greens were really cruel, and those tiny greens were difficult to hold. Fast fairways that called on one planning just how much fast roll out your tee ball would have. I am told Silver Creek gets green and more kind in May, but it only stays that way for about 6 weeks. I'll be back at the time to give it another go. It was different challenge and the course was interesting. I didn't throw up too bad when I look at my effort for the entire day.  Our group had major fun even though our jaws dropped numerous times regarding the layout.

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Masters Picks

doctoro (+26)              JT                          Rahm                 Koepka 

It's The Masters on opening day !  

Let us celebrate the wonderment that is all things Augusta National.

Map illustration of The Augusta National Golf Club showing all the holes  Liam O'Farrell

• Like 3

12 hours ago, touch said:

Masters Picks      All locked and set 

doctoro (+26)            JT                          Rahm                 Koepka 

A tip of the Cap to the Q man, Mr Green, Pete3 for taking some of the higher odds guys. That is the brass. I should have gone less chalk but Koepka with the knee is as far as I went LoL

• Like 2

3 hours ago, touch said:

It's The Masters on opening day !  

Let us celebrate the wonderment that is all things Augusta National.

Map illustration of The Augusta National Golf Club showing all the holes  Liam O'Farrell

Has any our fine group of misfits visited Augusta Nat'l for either the tourney or a practice round?  Or (gulp) actually played the course???

Any stories you can share?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Larry Mize     yeah chip it in 50 times Larry and you'd make the cut. 

Tyler Strafaci        Cause he's Italian, I'm not, and I have never heard of him. Likewise I'm sure. That's ahh nice. 

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

2 hours ago, NCLancer said:

Has any our fine group of misfits visited Augusta Nat'l for either the tourney or a practice round?  Or (gulp) actually played the course???

Any stories you can share?

This right here hurts.  My best friend won the lottery last year for (4) practice round tickets. He was nice enough to sell me a ticket for face value of $75.  Myself, Alan, Alans's wife and Alans dad were all going down for the 2020 Masters for Wednesday Par 3/practice rounds.  We all were so stoked....then rona hit and the earth stopped turning on its axis. So when it got cancelled and then moved to November, it was thought that we would be going then.  Then it was determined that no fans would be there in November as we all witnessed.  Rumors of 2020 tickets being valid for 2021 were swirling on the intranet so we held out hope.  It was announced that only a "select limited amount" of fans would be allowed this year.  We were not selected.  Bummed is an understatement.  With that being said, I did however attend the 2017 Masters on a Tuesday practice round. I live about 2.5hrs from Augusta and we had rain for about 5 straight days leading up to Masters week.  If I'm not mistaken, I believe Monday was closed to patrons due to weather.  We entered the grounds where #5, #6, and #16 butt up against each other.  It was in complete awe.  It was just amazing.  The fairways were immaculate and the undulations of the greens cannot be expressed enough.  #5 green looks like there is a family of elephants buried underneath it.  Ill dig up some pics an upload if I can find them.  It was an amazing experience.  Pricey, but worth it.  My father in law paid $1200 cash for (2) tickets from a roadside scalper.  He would not budge from the $600 per ticket.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Another thing

54 minutes ago, CHuntsman said:

This right here hurts.  My best friend won the lottery last year for (4) practice round tickets. He was nice enough to sell me a ticket for face value of $75.  Myself, Alan, Alans's wife and Alans dad were all going down for the 2020 Masters for Wednesday Par 3/practice rounds.  We all were so stoked....then rona hit and the earth stopped turning on its axis. So when it got cancelled and then moved to November, it was thought that we would be going then.  Then it was determined that no fans would be there in November as we all witnessed.  Rumors of 2020 tickets being valid for 2021 were swirling on the intranet so we held out hope.  It was announced that only a "select limited amount" of fans would be allowed this year.  We were not selected.  Bummed is an understatement.  With that being said, I did however attend the 2017 Masters on a Tuesday practice round. I live about 2.5hrs from Augusta and we had rain for about 5 straight days leading up to Masters week.  If I'm not mistaken, I believe Monday was closed to patrons due to weather.  We entered the grounds where #5, #6, and #16 butt up against each other.  It was in complete awe.  It was just amazing.  The fairways were immaculate and the undulations of the greens cannot be expressed enough.  #5 green looks like there is a family of elephants buried underneath it.  Ill dig up some pics an upload if I can find them.  It was an amazing experience.  Pricey, but worth it.  My father in law paid $1200 cash for (2) tickets from a roadside scalper.  He would not budge from the $600 per ticket.

Another thing I found interesting. There was a marshal on #5 fairway sitting in the pine straw with a tee sheet of the golfers that came through and he would mark where their drives landed.  The funny thing is, none of them were their actual names, they all had celebrity actor names or other athletes, presidents, etc...  I'm pretty sure I have a picture of the list too.

Edited by CHuntsman
  • Like 3

• touch locked this topic
  • touch unlocked this topic