NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

whoops I first posted the wrong song up there^  scratch the O'Jays.  I have corrected my error and added music with Danny Joe Brown vocals.  😄

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

I took a solid par on number 8. That helped the confidence after the back to back doubles. Sigh.  Number 9 is a long beast. I hit my drive of the day. It might have rolled out to 235. Huge for me. I hit a hybrid in and just missed the 25 foot birdie putt. I made the turn at 5 over. I did feel like I got some of my ability to par a hole back. 10 is the toughest hole on the course. I carded my usual bogey. 

Oh Child by the 5 Stairsteps was playing on Rick's cart's tune box.

I then 3 jacked for the first time and bogeyed the 11th. Two pars then followed. I again snagged a bogey on 14 the par 5. I sat at 8 over thru 14 holes. I thought let's try to salvage a 80 by taking all pars heading into the house. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

No. 15 is one of my favorite par 3's that I play regularly. I have good success on it. I hit last and smoothed a pure 7 iron to 9 feet. Made the putt. Whoa what?  a birdie? I haven't tasted one in quite a while. I have 3 holes to play. I get to the fairway for approach shots on the next hole and Rick says to me, " you hit a 5 wood there LP?" I respond with, " Naw that was a miserable badly popped up drive that went maybe 180 sir."  I was the first to hit from the fairway. I pulled the 9 iron which I had badly chunked twice already in the round. No chunk, this one was flushed and heading right for the stick.  In the air I said to Rick, " look at this one as it's going to be real good." I hit and held. I ran that 2 footer in for birdie. Leaving the green I said how about that fellas back to back doubles on the front and back to back birdies on the back. I was feeling good in ending the birdie drought. I played lose and free on the final two holes, made pars. I ended the day with a 78. It got sideways bad on the front, and the back 9 was filled with a bit of fireworks. There was nothing like the previous day's run of pars and few singles. No this round had big highs and pretty deep lows. It had doubles, singles, and back to back birdies! Was it the music in the background?  Was it the lesson with Hutch last week? Was it playing down there with those fine boys on that course puts me in my happy golf place? Yeah probably it was a mixture of all of that.

And as Pete and Puttin' say ...........ya just don't know what is going to happen next, and perhaps it is that mystery that makes this game so addictive.

I told you I was smiling while driving on the Interstate home. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

..........but wait there is more!

Right across the street from the Tiny House Village is the Gowensville, SC Community Center. I can book it for our Saturday Night during Rascals golf weekend. I'm getting two live bands and 4 kegs of Bud Light. I got P3P consuming one and a half. 

Oh the nonsense you dudes have me coming up with. 😁

Sometimes I think my working Saturday Nights with the party crowd in front of me for decades coast to coast corrupted me for life. I still carry on as a joker, commish is no church first Baptist boy, that I'm a telling ya.          blah!!!!!

*seriously I wish not to offend religious people. I just like to provide humor a lot.  

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

On 4/14/2021 at 10:35 AM, Petethreeput said:

I don't usually do this.  My moniker is P3P and why shouldn't it be.  I can miss a 4.25" hole from any distance, pin in or pin out, I can just do amazing things with my wand.  Get your head out of the gutter fellas.  I am using a putter I bought in 2002. 

Anyway, it came to pass someone saw a need to enhance my putter collection.  They also know not to just walk into Golf Galaxy and grab one.  I am too wily, nerdy, snobby, or dumb to let that happen.

Last night I rolled the rock indoors on the mat to see if I liked it.  The jury is still out.  It is a mallet, it has a little toe hang, my current is face balanced.  Not sure if the visual helps me align the putter, but we are going to give it a go for a few weeks/months, and it may well just end up next to the other putters that didn't make the cut.

What I do like about it is the weight, the loft, and the lie angle which was selected by me, heavier, lower loft because I play the ball in the front of my stance, and upright.

Eventually I will report back on the results, but for now, I will simply be a guy trying to find the magic.

Maybe you should give this one a try...

Golf Gods - The Big Dick Putter

Edited by CHuntsman
  • Haha 4

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, touch said:

Arrived in plenty of time for a warm up in putting, short game, and range. All seemed fine. Mike is the commissioner of the the retired set that play numerous times during the week at Links O Tyron. There are members (but a public track) and pretty much all of them live a golf cart ride out of their garage away. I as I have told you before I went down there as a single 3 times a week when covid first looked like it might actually shut down courses statewide here in NC. I knew that they would hold out forever down in lindsayland. I met Mike getting paired up. I am now a welcomed member of his club. He is the commish of about 30 guys. I tell ya it does not matter who he gets to play with us as I enjoy all of them on the course. All are cheerful and pleasant , but seriously capable golfers also. They think it's funny I get stoned. I think its funny they all chew tobacco. So this week there was a first timer Rick joining the foursome. Rick as many do drive their own cart. Rick had low music playing out of his EZ Go. He did what you should do and asked if it bothered me on the 1st tee. I said it's low enough but what kind of music I wondered, because if it was Country I was hitting the tunes idea with a NAY. It was a 70's mix. I was cool with that. Rick told me he got so consumed by golf when he first started out, that the journey it took to get to scratch burned him out and gave him a mini breakdown. He had given it up 10 years and was returning this spring. He had heard from the biscuits and gravy crowd that city slicker from Vegas is a blast to play with. Rick was working off the rust. By the second 9 he was smiling large. Cool story. He and I will be playing together again. It is good to be commish Mike's friend.

Landrum commish .jpg

Landrum golfcart radio .jpg

Do you have a pic from the back of cart? Is that getup for extra bags? Don't recall seeing anything like that before. 

• Like 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

2 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

Do you have a pic from the back of cart? Is that getup for extra bags? Don't recall seeing anything like that before. 

Let me see.......................

On 4/15/2021 at 12:33 PM, Qqq123xx said:

I did indeed take a photo of the back of the golf cart, and because it is you that asked I answered my Q call. I captured Rick in the picture too. He was balling out in the the loud purple golf shirt. Cool dude. I am afraid that the photo doesn't show clearly what that back side is all about.  * it's one of those rear facing bench seat ( for 4 passengers) that folds down flat that he has cut up. 

See that is an E-Z-Go's special edition I'm told. It's called the Rebel. The E-Z-Go company is headquartered real close by to Lindsayland in Augusta, Ga. so they know what will sell to the local folks.

The Rebel features the Utili-Bak in place of the normal two bag compartments, basket, and straps. From the brochure,

" the Utili-Bak offers the perfect flat work surface to take care of your most important tasks like

Guttin' your deer

Scaling your bass

Disassembling your guns and cleaning them

Cleaning auto parts

To picnic on with your mustard based pulled bbq and pickled eggs

Also there is a ice tea brewing machine and a side compartment that holds 5 lbs. of granulated white sugar. 

There is a MT. Dew on draft apparatus too." 

They say the most popular color is Carolina Camouflage, but Rick lives in a real nice brick McMansion so he opted for the sandstone mist rather than camo.

how's that?  

No I will investigate it further next time we play and get some detailed pics.  I did notice that there was not a golf bag involved back there and that really surprised me. I think if you enlarge my original photo you can kind of see that higher than the top line of a standard golf bag is a black top of the club holder piece. He made a 14 slots system. There were compartments a plenty set also in the shelf or flat back piece. A built in cooler and cubbies. He had a bad stereo in that sucker man. It was a Pioneer SUPER Tuner head unit running through Jensen TRI-Axials. 😜

I again will say I especially enjoyed playing with Rick. As we were walking to the parking lot he said, " hey LP, let's play together real soon if possible, you are absolute blast to play with. " He added "you have an great game and it is fun to watch you hit golf shots with your easy tempo, but more than that you are carefree as ever out there and you are funny as sh*t."  I told him for sure we will play frequently together and I will be sure to have Mike include him when I come down. I told him many thanks for the nice words.

Remember this is a guy who was an absolute wreck trying to maintain a scratch cap that he quit the game for a decade. It causes stress but you must see the joy in the frustration.  I think he wants to try the game now like relaxed golfer LP. If I had to say in words how golf is for me maybe I would go with.......

Give it all you got all the time out there, take it seriously, but still allow it to be great fun, and give gratitude for playing no matter the score out in the fresh air with the buddies for hours on end. 

The next time I head down I am bringing Neil Diamond's Greatest Hits to be played out of Ricks cart.

Edited by touch
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The chef were I work has a great sense of humor. Chef Bill is all business but has a clever funny side. Born and raised on Long Island. He too did work years on the Vegas Strip during my days there and we often talk about what it was like to live in Vegas and work in mega hotels. Small world.  I saw this picture floating around the kitchen today.     LOL 

Edited by touch
  • Haha 3

P3P I haven't forgotten about my offer to tell you why I believe a touch of toe hang is better than completely face balanced mallet. 

I will get to my reply pretty soon as I think it will help you. I just got engulfed in putting up the colorful commish  ramblin' stories with photos. 😄

Edited by touch

On 4/14/2021 at 5:20 PM, touch said:

Oh I put a deposit on some real estate down in Landrum. It's 1/4 mile from the course. Yes I bought a village of tiny houses. I figured one day in the future I might convince all the Rascals to come for the weekend and tee it up, this way I have the lodging covered. One shack per band member. 

tiny houses .jpg

IS this serious?  That is not a bad call if true....crazy the price of property these days.

• Haha 1

y

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

May be an image of outerwear and text that says 'Be nice to your bartenders. We know your wife... and your girlfriend.'

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Harbor Town Picks 

P3P (+16)                     Furyk                             DLlll                 Westwood

puttinfor8 (+41)           Berger                           Webb               Hatton

greeneone (+28)         Zalatoris                        Ancer               Fitzpatrick

touch (+24)                 Harmon                         Kuchar               C. Smith 

doctoro (+32)             Berger                           Hatton               Morikowa

Qqq (+29)                   Webb                           C. Smith              Poults

jerebear (+40)            DJ                                  Webb                 Morikowa

chuntsman (+52)        Webb                           Kisner                  P.Casey

NCLancer (+16)          DJ                                Webb                   M. Thompson 

• Like 1

Second week in a row I did not have a player miss the cut. I might be trending in positive fashion if I can pull it off next week as well.

C. Smith     T4

Harman      T19

Kuchar        T31

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NCLancer said:

My Three Sons are all playing this week-end!

M. Thompson  T11  -7

D. Johnson T19  -5

W. Simpson T40  -3

See the source image

💥💥💥  One of the Posts of the week. Now go back make those shoes dance up and down slightly. Also get a few bars of the catchy theme song to play audibly with it. I don't ask for much do I?  hee hee    No seriously I smiled large at your creativity NCL. I watched that show a great deal in my youth. Have a fine weekend NCL and thanks for the flashback. 

ahhh   that one of my favorite old shows from my young lad days. Black and white, wow that is serious Old School.   My Three Sons is the second longest running sitcom in TV history. It aired from 1960-1972, and Robbie Douglas (actor Doug Grady) made most all American girls swoon. This dude blazzed a trail. Every young girl I knew in the 60's had a major crush on him.  Long before Donny Osmond, David Cassidy, Andy Gibb, Eric Estrada or whom have you, Robbie was the young gals choice. His career got sort of derailed when he too was found boffing Florence Henderson. Just like Greg Brady he had the mommy betty craving apparently. Space between your front teeth and a deep cleft chin? Ya mon, you're getting all the babes bro. 

I kid about the Mrs. Brady part. 

Don Grady — 'Robbie Douglas' on My Three Sons (1960-65 ABC, 1965-72 CBS) |  Don grady, My three sons, Television show

Don Grady, Who Played Robbie on 'My Three Sons,' Dies at 68 - The New York  Times

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

We got three great contributions here this week. Thanks gents. 

Petethreeput

• Petethreeput

The beauty of this game is we never really know what is going to happen. 

puttnforthe8

• puttnforthe8

Golf is never supposed to make sense. Maybe that's the beauty of the game. You take the club back, pause for that faithful second, and go thrashing at a small ball that could literally do just about anything. The score is never the same. You play every hole different. And some days, there are no words to really describe what just happened.

NCLancer

• NCLancer

My Three Sons are all playing this week-end!

See the source image

GIF найдено пользователем T A N Y I. Находите (и сохраняйте!) свои  собственные изображения и … | New year animated gif, Happy new year gif,  Happy new year animation

•  
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

^ what is the yawning doggies name in your avatar NCL?      Let me guess, SUNY? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, touch said:

^ what is the yawning doggies name in your avatar NCL?      Let me guess, SUNY? 

Thank you for asking and I hope y'all don't mind a few pics!  Her name is Ivy and she's a 7 year old Great Pyrenees/Tibetan Mastiff mix who weighs about 85 lbs.  Very good watchdog and loyal to myself and Mrs NCL.  Not really friendly with strangers or other animals but will mind her own business if we take her for a walk in the park or into town.  Born on our neighbors farm we have known her since she was a wee pup and she transitioned to our house when she was 9 months old.  Her mom, 2 brothers and 1 sister are still on the farm and she visits them almost daily!   BTW, we think she is laughing (not yawning) in the avatar pic... image.png.1edba1ffb52f065a82a0c8c8555a8a4d.png

IMG_3316.JPG

iPhone Pics 396.JPG

iPhone Pics 068.JPG

• Like 4

Ivy is one beautiful canine NCL. I see she gets to the salon often and you only use top tier products for her coat is radiant.

Thanks for telling us more about your member of the family. That puppy pic would melt any female's heart. Damn I miss having a bowser companion. I just can't give the effort necessary these days. Hopefully a few years down the road I will rescue one. As I have told the crowd here before, my time with Bandit were some of the best years of my life.  Ivy, you are a beautiful dog girl. I know Mom and Dad NCL provide you with a wonderful life. It shows. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not thrilled with the Santa hat now was she?  😁 That side eye gaze is classic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's game day

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

We had a Pyrenees. Her “yard” was a 3 mile circle around our house.  She would stop at houses to get treats each morning and then come home to bark all night at the deer and  other wild trespassers. 
The dog above is our current iteration.

We have to have large dogs so raptors don’t carry them away and we can leave them outside all day.

D8D7E12F-B178-41D6-9554-6AC5E8F2D750.jpeg

• Like 4

• touch locked this topic
  • touch unlocked this topic