NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

yeah after all this time I still roll them poorly. Hey they work. 

Edited by touch
  • Haha 2

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

2 hours ago, doctoro said:

Well Masters Sunday is almost 24 hours behind us and it was a ton of fun. From the golf outing, I struggled mightily but managed an all double bogey run on the front nine with no others and a bogey on a par 3  Again from not playing in two years it's about what I expected. Even when we did play was no more than twice a year. Got to "practice, practice, practice" unless you are Allen Iverson. The back nine starts with a monster par 5 with a partial island green over water on the left side. I cracked one of my better drives about 230 towards the left center of the fairway. I had my Roy McAvoy moment! I could have played it safe and aimed to the right side to the throat of the green and had a simple chip to the whole. "But it was Masters Sunday" No need for conservative play. I was starting to feel a bit of a groove and I took out the 5 niblick and proceeded to  nut it ball flight with a slight draw, don't ask me how I got that perfect draw but it was a thing of beauty, I am following the flight as it approaches the rock barrier guarding the left portion of the green...It was a breezy day and all of the sudden KerPlunk! WET! right in front of the wall. The wall of shame. it was a fiasco when I dropped back from the spot it went in a proceeded to hack my way to a 9 Double bogey streak ended. And that was fine by me. It wasn't like there was cash on the line or my car in Roy's case just pride which was already taking a sick day. I need to give a huge shout out to my buddy touch who sent me a pair of Patrick Cantlay's golf pants which were the talk of the first tee. I made a video of my swing but I need to edit out some stuff because it will not download. 

Then we went to our old standby, Tuscarora Mill in Leesburg Va for a seat at a bar table and some delicious beers and food. Watching Hideki blow away the field.  No drama this year folks that Saturday round gave him the green jacket and the Sunday round kept it starched. Well after I had been pretty good two Coors lights and some of my buddy's "Hollywood Confidential vape oil" which helped me smooth out my swing for a par and some bogeys on the next 6 holes life was "pretty, pretty, pretty good" I am not much of a beer drinker so I ordered a Tuskies Manhattan and out came "Hank the Tank" glass of pinot noir with my meal, and two nice sized Balvenie Caribbean Cask single malts. As we leave I was feeling nicely buzzed but then we ran into my brother and his beautiful girlfriend dining al fresco at the Fireworks wood oven pizza place next door, she treated us to a couple bottle of wine and I found myself in need of a ride home, like a good younger brother they obliged..alls well that ended well but I mean please never mix your drinks up wine, single malts, beers, not a good recipe for clear minded thinking the next day. I am so glad I rarely drink anymore but when I do...Katie bar the door to the liquor cabinet!

Your 19th hole game is strong. 

• Haha 3

Current standings   (end of the Masters) 

chuntsman                  +52

puttinforthe8              +41

jerebear                      +40

doctoro                       +32

Qqq                             +29

greenmachn               +28

touch                          +24

pete3putt                   +16

NCLancer                   +16

Harbor Town Picks 

P3P (+16)                     Furyk                             DLlll                 Westwood

puttinfor8 (+41)           Berger                           Webb               Hatton

greeneone (+28)         Zalatoris                        Ancer               Fitzpatrick

touch (+24)                 Harmon                         Kuchar               C. Smith 

doctoro (+32)             Berger                           Hatton               Morikowa

Qqq (+29)                   Webb                           C. Smith              Poults

jerebear (+40)            DJ                                  Webb                 Morikowa

chuntsman (+52)        Webb                           Kisner                  P.Casey

NCLancer (+16)          DJ                                Webb                   M. Thompson 

Edited by touch

I trudge through the marsh grass towards a red and white lighthouse. My Foot Joys are filled with a brackish sludge and a few tiny crabs. I select these players as having the best chance to wear the tartan blazer come Sunday.

Brian Harmon

Cameron Smith 

Matt Kuchar 

Mad about Plaid: Everything you've ever wondered about the Heritage jackets  | Hilton Head Island Packet

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

From

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, puttnforthe8 said:

Dance Lol GIF by Robbie CobbFunny GIF;  Black And White Suit GIF by National WWI Museum and Memorial

Mi picks this week. 

Burger, Hatton, and Web is it? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

Your closed, but you are too open, and the supination of the pronation in the right ventricle is a tad late in the breathing of the moonbeams... but other than that Touch, your swing looks good.  No wonder you are on fire.

If we are going to actually discuss golf in this thread, I should speak to an odd occurrence.  I have mentioned before I am developing a high right slap off the tee, and I dont take lessons because my tiny mind isn't capable of more BSery in there.  So I have been working the kinks out as we get outside and trying to recall what got me to my low HDCP last year of 1.5.  I think I am making progress, and truthfully my miss has always been the high slap right when I try to get a little too much right shoulder into the action for that titanic high draw.  Of course, at my age, titanic is 230 in the air with a little roll.

The fix is in the grip and the clubface (obviously), but I have seen signs of it coming around and while I am not currently scoring, I don't feel like I am too far away.  I remember last year as I was slapping the orb and shooting 77-79 most every time out telling my playing partners that I was close.  Next thing I knew, with the warmer weather in May my first tournament saw three scores of 72, 73, 73 and there it was... lift off.

The beauty of this game is we never really know what is going to happen.  This season I could continue to sit on the precipice of the 5 HDCP with an index of 4.1, or I could start trending.  I just don't know.  Everyone should know this by now though, even with the supination of the pronation in the right ventricle, Touch is on a serious heater.

Very funny lead in sir.

You have early season rust, and it's nothing to be so concerned about I say. I would think a few trips to the range and you will be hitting more fairway finders in your round. I drive the ball 225 when the sweet spot is found, damn you too would drop mail on me.  Thanks Pete for the nice comments directed my way regarding my swing and play of late. How about maybe at the top of your swing with driver check your right hand position. Is the palm of your right hand pointing skyward at the top. For me I am apt to get that right palm not skyward sometimes with driver and that leads me to slap 'em right. I think be flat like DJ at the top for a mental image. Lord knows I fall way short of his bowed left wrist position but envisioning DJ at the top I get my right hand for sure pointing skyward.

I think it would be dandy to do as you said, "actually discuss golf in this thread." Tell about your day on the course, what you are working on to improve, funny stuff regarding your game, photos of courses and travel, and so much more. I would welcome reading posts on those subject matters. I have tried to get to scratch for years Mr. P. It just is not going to happen. I got down to a 5 in my desert days and that was as low as it ever got. Hell it took me over 20 years to achieve steady single digit status. I find this game real hard to play consistently. 

"The beauty of this game is we never really know what is going to happen. "   Ain't it the truth my friend. I enjoyed your post Pete.

Please let us know how you fare as your game emerges from hibernation.  

Edited by touch
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NCLancer said:

From the top of the Harbor Town Lighthouse...my wife and I vacationed on HHI a few springs ago.  Did not pony up the big bucks to play Harbour Town but we did enjoy a few other courses (Dolphin Head and Old South).  Nice place to unwind a bit... 

image.png.f4bcba6c906a6ccc6df395f9e220fc17.pngimage.png.30986c757e45da23aa13da2f2a0059a9.pngimage.png.928995d884da31d556ee724846fe986f.png

Great photos NCL, and thanks for posting. Back when I lived in the DC area the parents of a girlfriend invited us down for a weekend to their condo on Hilton Head. There were a bunch of her family members there for the week. Terry's dad was a golfer and I had to play with him and his two brothers. It was an intimidating as hell round. We played the course. I remember thinking it was no where worth the greens fees, and it was way more tight and tree lined than I had imagined. If you slightly sprayed your shots you were sunk. The entire HH area is rather beautiful, and as you say is a nice spot to unwind. I did find it a tad snobby though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I don't think about this animal when I think of peach country Spartanburg County, South Carolina but during my stop to walk around in downtown Landrum I spied him. Hey Mr. M did P3P send you all the way from Montana to tell me something in person? I then came across this collection of photos of storefronts on a big framed mural thing on the side of a building. I thought it was neat. 

It was sunny, then cloudy, and then back to sunny during the round. It hit 80 degrees. There was a 10 mph wind.This course gets crowed. 168 were on the tee sheet. We tee'd off at 12:30

It turned out to be a 4 hour 30 minute round. That didn't bother me but I have not had a round over 3 and a half in a long time so I felt like I couldn't get into any flow. I was in great company though with my true southerners golfer pals on a gorgeous spring day. All the trees were blooming and there was lime green everywhere.  It certainly was not a 15 par 3 single bogey's round with consistency once again for the LP. NOPE......this one was interesting for sure. I will give a few details tomorrow night. I am worn out and it's back to the grind in the early am.

Last photo

I drove through the Saluda pass heading home to Asheville. There was barely light left when I grabbed this photo while driving. It was quite unusual looking out on Interstate 26 .  As I cruised back to Hippy Town AVL I had nice grin on my face from my day golfing down in Tryon.  

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

I am surprised at how low the lighthouse appears to be. I have travelled all along the seaboard and have never been to HH. I have heard it’s fantastic.

duh, have you not heard of Low Country Carolina?  😅   Oh and it's wicked humid in Hilton Head. I was shocked to see (this was back in the early 90's when I went)  white painted school buses taking the working people on to and off of the island for work. Free transportation it appeared , and I bet it's been that way forever. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Looking back at my round yesterday and then compare it to what I just experienced today I can thank Pete for putting it into words. He explained it exactly earlier today. 

The beauty of this game is we never really know what is going to happen. 

Thanks Pete.              so very well said sir

Edited by touch
  • Thanks 1

Harbor Town Picks   ( complete )

P3P (+16)                     Furyk                             DLlll                 Westwood

puttinfor8 (+41)           Berger                           Webb               Hatton

greeneone (+28)         Zalatoris                        Ancer               Fitzpatrick

touch (+24)                 Harmon                         Kuchar                C. Smith 

doctoro (+32)             Berger                           Hatton               Morikowa

Qqq (+29)                   Webb                           C. Smith              Poults

jerebear (+40)            DJ                                  Webb                 Morikowa

chuntsman (+52)        Webb                           Kisner                  P.Casey

NCLancer (+16)          DJ                                Webb                   M. Thompson 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

No fewer than 5 of you took past champion Webb Simpson this week. That's a lot of faith in the kid that has lots of kids himself. Let's see if the guy who grew up playing Quail Hollow in Charlotte has the game to snag his second tartan blazer.  

PGA Tour player blog: Webb Simpson reveals how he maintains a happy family  life as a top-five golfer, Golf News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

• Like 2

• touch locked this topic
  • touch unlocked this topic