NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

13 hours ago, touch said:

So one of today's sports world headlines is that coach Roy Williams announced his retirement today. Well I'd be remiss if I didn't say a few word's about one of Asheville's native sons. Coach Williams has been a serious golfer forever, but only playing in the off season. I have had the pleasure of getting to know coach in the 3.75 years I have worked at BFCC. Mr. Williams is one of the reigning member-member champions team /senior division. He uses a broom stick putter and can indeed take it to a golf course. I hope now that he is retired I can find a way to tee it up one time with him. I will be giving it my best finagling.  What comes to mind first is how when I was brand new he sought me out and we had a fine chat. He offered a sincere welcome to me in our first meeting. Over the years I have been the one that takes care of his arrival with the numerous guests he often brings. I swear that man walks anywhere in Asheville and the seas part and the clamor from the villagers begins. So of course I hold the paparazzi back. 🤩

Coach loves to bring multiple boxes of the warm Krispy Kremes. I am told the KK thing actually began back in his Kansas days. Coach has only been here in the summer months. One late summer it's just the two of us in the locker room after his round and I ask,

" so coach what number back to school- it's fall semester time is this for you champ?"  

He immediately starts to count aloud from year one when he was a basketball AND GOLF COACH at a local high school through his assistant days at Carolina. Jumps over to Kansas and then back to Chapel Hill. He tells me an astounding number. Then Coach Roy says,

"you know what that is LP?"   " that's a lot of whistle blowing son!"          ahhh classic! 

His book is a solid read. The kid from Asheville went on to be one of the most important men in college basketball. He is a fantastic guy who handles his immense popularity real well. He is real passionate about the greatest game, the one played on grass. Commish remembers that first welcome. Pure Class Coach is. 

Hey coach congrats on one heck of a career and how 'bout a beer celebrating that there will be more golf in your life now? 

sports GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

Can a Man Play a Round of Golf in Peace? Roy Williams tired of reading,  talking about P.J. Hairston

coach 1 .jpg

Great recollections of who many say is a great man.  Ol' Roy casually mentioned he played Augusta Nat'l last Tues and Wed (shooting 88,87) so his golfing game is quite strong.  I am a Duke (they pay the bills) fan but I live in Orange County so Roy's my "local" coach and he will be missed on the bench.    

• Like 3

Ol' Roy might bring the Krispy Kremes but he's got a Dunkin Donut named in his honor!   They will be giving away a free Ol' Roy Donut on Saturday with the purchase of any beverage.  The donut is Boston Creme topped with Carolina Blue icing.  Haven't tried one but it does look tasty even though it's the wrong shade of blue...

Roy Williams and Dunkin' teamed up to release a limited-time-only donut for sale throughout North Carolina. 'The Ol Roy,' available between March 14 and March 27, supports the UNC Children’s Hospital and Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, NCLancer said:

I appreciate the Lexus but it is rather large for just myself and Mrs. NCLancer...is it okay if we go with this sharp Volvo XC60? See the source image

You have my blessings, go in peace and drive under the limit. 

• Haha 3

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

2 hours ago, NCLancer said:

Ol' Roy might bring the Krispy Kremes but he's got a Dunkin Donut named in his honor!   They will be giving away a free Ol' Roy Donut on Saturday with the purchase of any beverage.  The donut is Boston Creme topped with Carolina Blue icing.  Haven't tried one but it does look tasty even though it's the wrong shade of blue...

Roy Williams and Dunkin' teamed up to release a limited-time-only donut for sale throughout North Carolina. 'The Ol Roy,' available between March 14 and March 27, supports the UNC Children’s Hospital and Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina.

Boston creme is like the bestest donut. Wickeddddd pissah good. 

• Haha 3

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

1 hour ago, NCLancer said:

I appreciate the Lexus but it is rather large for just myself and Mrs. NCLancer...is it okay if we go with this sharp Volvo XC60? See the source image

Duly  noted NCL.

• Thanks 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

i have two landcruiser, commish.  not a hipster. 

I actually have 3 cars with v8s and a combined 40mpg. Premium fuel only.  O.o

• Like 1

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Valero Texas Open     Week 7 of the contest   

PICKS

chuntsman (+39)                  Scheffler                             Hoffman                                 Bradley 

jerebear (+26)                       Spieth                                 Bhatia                                     Bradley

doctoro (+25)                       Ancer                                   Finau                                      Tringale

puttinfor8 (+24)                    Spieth                                 Steele                                     Palmer

greenmchn (+19)                  Connors                              Matsuyama                            Kuchar

Qqq (+15)                              Connors                             Ancer                                      Hoffman

touch (+12)                           Willett                                 Higgs                                      Palmer

Pete3putt (+1)                      Sheffler                              Grace                                      Hoffman

NCLancer (+1)                     Griffin                                  Ancer                                      Vegas 

My attempt to stay upstairs with the productive players has proved futile. I have two players missing the cut at this point down in San Antonio.   

Falling Down GIF - Falling Down Stairs - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, jerebear21 said:

i have two landcruiser, commish.  not a hipster. 

I actually have 3 cars with v8s and a combined 40mpg. Premium fuel only.  O.o

Leaning, Styling,Bumping, and Cruising while burning the high octane juice. I like the way you travel about jerebear. 

Give the Stelvio to the maid. 😄

6 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

Boston creme is like the bestest donut. Wickeddddd pissah good. 

Edited by touch
  • Haha 2

It made it's return today.

The first week of April each year I break out this snazzy golf bag just for the month. Back in 2014 Callaway made this stand version and also a matching staff bag to commemorate the King and it being 50 years since his last of 4 wins at the Masters. This bag garners praise everywhere it goes. While working at Ruth's Chris in Palm Desert, Ca. 12 years ago I also worked part time at Arnold Palmer's restaurant in La Quinta by PGA West. The restaurant was great and at night had Kevin on the piano with a small dance floor. He could energize the crowd, but I wasn't surprised as Kevin was from Detroit. How many restaurant's  have a wicked fun natural surface putting green? Arnie's did. We cocktailed after work often with patrons while having putting games for money. Great times! I had to take care of Mr. Palmer and his second wife on three occasioins.The king was like everyone says amazingly kind and so pleasant. With those awesome memories of my time in the Californian desert I had to snag one of the coolest bags Callaway has ever made. IMO 

Arnold Palmer'ss Restaurant - La Quinta, CA - Party Venuefire pit - Picture of Arnold Palmer's Restaurant, La Quinta - TripadvisorHeading to Cali for golf in the desert? You'll need water (and lots of  beer) after the round - GolfCalifornia.comArnold Palmer's Restaurant - La Quinta, CA | OpenTableArnold Palmers Restaurant is a must

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Happy Easter weekend to you 9-5 M-F dudes. Please enjoy your gatherings of family and friends. Also partake in excellent food and few alcoholic beverages for me. Remember I am a restaurant snob and only like the good stuff. 🙃

I'll be slaving away. Been working holidays for over 30 years. It's my gig. 

thanks for keeping the banter alive gentlemen. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NCLancer said:

His appeal goes far and wide throughout our country.   Thank you for your additions regarding coach NCL. 

• Thanks 1

P3P up in MT. as well as NCL's brother up in Plattsburgh saying, "any week now and I'll  be on the course golfing." 

May be an image of one or more people and outdoors

Edited by touch
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, touch said:

It made it's return today.

The first week of April each year I break out this snazzy golf bag just for the month. Back in 2014 Callaway made this stand version and also a matching staff bag to commemorate the King and it being 50 years since his last of 4 wins at the Masters. This bag garners praise everywhere it goes. While working at Ruth's Chris in Palm Desert, Ca. 12 years ago I also worked part time at Arnold Palmer's restaurant in La Quinta by PGA West. The restaurant was great and at night had Kevin on the piano with a small dance floor. He could energize the crowd, but I wasn't surprised as Kevin was from Detroit. How many restaurant's  have a wicked fun natural surface putting green? Arnie's did. We cocktailed after work often with patrons while having putting games for money. Great times! I had to take care of Mr. Palmer and his second wife on three occasioins.The king was like everyone says amazingly kind and so pleasant. With those awesome memories of my time in the Californian desert I had to snag one of the coolest bags Callaway has ever made. IMO 

Arnold Palmer'ss Restaurant - La Quinta, CA - Party Venuefire pit - Picture of Arnold Palmer's Restaurant, La Quinta - TripadvisorHeading to Cali for golf in the desert? You'll need water (and lots of  beer) after the round - GolfCalifornia.comArnold Palmer's Restaurant - La Quinta, CA | OpenTableArnold Palmers Restaurant is a must

Callaway Masters bag .jpg

Callaway 3 .jpg

Fun Fact:

I have actually had the pleasure seeing this masterpiece first hand and it is just that a masterpiece. One of a kind golf bag and is primarily why I can't caddy for the commish anymore 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, touch said:

P3P up in MT. as well as NCL's brother up in Plattsburgh saying, "any week now and I'll  be on the course golfing." 

May be an image of one or more people and outdoors

Spoke with my cousin last night and actually they played Tues and Wed...walking only!  His course had the pins in but no mowers had been out yet.  He's a member so plays free but for a low price of $15 all you can play just put your cash or check thru the drop-box slot on the front door of the pro-shop. 

No brothers, just a younger sister who is a Florida snowbird...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, NCLancer said:

Spoke with my cousin last night and actually they played Tues and Wed...walking only!  His course had the pins in but no mowers had been out yet.  He's a member so plays free but for a low price of $15 all you can play just put your cash or check thru the drop-box slot on the front door of the pro-shop. 

No brothers, just a younger sister who is a Florida snowbird...

No mowers so stimping 'bout 3, but got out and that is choice. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, touch said:

No mowers so stimping 'bout 3, but got out and that is choice. 

March golf in the North Country is just "knock the rust off" golf...it's nice to be able to swing a club outside and watch a ball fly.  Putting isn't at a premium yet as green conditions (as you noted) will still be pretty iffy.  

I'm just glad they are able to play as I recall some of my first rounds being in late April...wet wet April when balls plug in the fairway!!! 

• Like 3

Please may I ask for the groups assistance with something this week? The commish is absolutely swamped at work this weekend. Yesterday Harold the Hare and I made sure 117 golfers were good to go as well as oversee 85 children as they had a good time coloring eggs and designing Easter baskets. Today brings 160 golfers and 250 people for Easter Brunch my way. So commish sure could use your help in the  tallying of weekly points. I will be bushed (that was for P3P) come 6pm today when my long weekend is finally over. If you all assist in your points total I can update the standings rather easily and we can slide on into Augusta. Thanks in advance for your assistance fellas.    

signed, 

touch and Harold

Wishing a fine Easter Sunday to all.

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Valero Texas Open     Week 7 of the contest   

PICKS

chuntsman (+39)                  Scheffler                             Hoffman                                 Bradley 

jerebear (+26)                       Spieth                                 Bhatia                                     Bradley

doctoro (+25)                       Ancer                                   Finau                                      Tringale

puttinfor8 (+24)                    Spieth                                 Steele                                     Palmer

greenmchn (+19)                  Connors                              Matsuyama                            Kuchar

Qqq (+15)                              Connors                             Ancer                                      Hoffman

touch (+12)                           Willett                                 Higgs                                      Palmer

Pete3putt (+1)                      Sheffler                              Grace                                      Hoffman

NCLancer (+1)                     Griffin                                  Ancer                                      Vegas 

Current Standings                  

1 Chuntsman                                  39  

2 jerebear                                       26

3 doctoro                                        25

4 puttinfor 8                                   24

5 greenmachn                                19

6 Qqq                                              15

7 touch                                            12

8 NCLancer                                      1

9 Pete3putt                                      1

12 hours ago, touch said:

Please may I ask for the groups assistance with something this week? The commish is absolutely swamped at work this weekend. Yesterday Harold the Hare and I made sure 117 golfers were good to go as well as oversee 85 children as they had a good time coloring eggs and designing Easter baskets. Today brings 160 golfers and 250 people for Easter Brunch my way. So commish sure could use your help in the  tallying of weekly points. I will be bushed (that was for P3P) come 6pm today when my long weekend is finally over. If you all assist in your points total I can update the standings rather easily and we can slide on into Augusta. Thanks in advance for your assistance fellas.    

signed, 

touch and Harold

Wishing a fine Easter Sunday to all.

Easter bunny .jpg

BFFC 1 .jpg

Helping the stats dept.

Kuchar T12 

Connors T14

Matsuyama T30

• Thanks 1

C. Hoffman    -16      2nd      5pts.

C. Conners     -6       T14      2pts.

A. Ancer          -4      T23       1pt.

Total  8pts. 

• Thanks 1

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Spieth -18   1st   10pts
Bradley -4  T23    1pt
Bhatia          MC   -3pt

Total 8 pts + 26pts = 34pts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

1 hour ago, Qqq123xx said:

C. Hoffman    -16      2nd      5pts.

C. Conners     -6       T14      2pts.

A. Ancer          -4      T23       1pt.

Total  8pts. 

Just look at your friendly butt marching up the standings. Nice week Q man.   Thanks for the points total.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jerebear21 said:

Spieth -18   1st   10pts
Bradley -4  T23    1pt
Bhatia          MC   -3pt

Total 8 pts + 26pts = 34pts

Week after week it appears you are in it to win it. You sir are solid at this contest. Thanks jereB for the points total.

• touch locked this topic
  • touch unlocked this topic