Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

A turkey and provolone sandwich, protein bar, endless water, gatorade, and this gave me the energy I needed to perform well today. 

😃

Edited by touch
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

On a corporate outing, generally to save money they pick either shoulder season completely out of season.  San Antonio in late July, sign me up!  I have played this course, and it was a blood bath.  Not knowing where I was going, and it looks fairly obvious on the tee where you want to miss until you miss there.  Then you are in low scrub with rocks in it.  The only saving grace was you couldn't find your ball, so we rarely had to play from it.

Thinking back on the eighties, I remember Jojoba shampoo or Body on Tap as being the two hot ticket items.  Until about 3 years ago, my guy Charley had to still be using one of these.  You can't have that mullet and then turn away from the haircare products which made the curls flow.  First pick, Charley Hoffman.  With his new 'do, I suspect he is like every other middle aged man and using the ole 3 in 1.  I like this other guy too.  Maybe because even as he rises through the ranks he continues to rock the diminutive.  I am taking the Longhorn, Scottie Sheffler.  Lastly, I know nothing about Brandon Grace, but sign me up.  I just feel like he could do something here.

July in San Antonio.  It was about 95 with 95 humidity so as I prepared for the sweltering day, I put on my loosest clothing.  I didn't want the brutal sticking effect to take hold.  Anyway, I put on my favorite underwear, the elastic was worn and loose because of (age not weight gain) and threw on some bigger shorts as well, and I was ready to roll.  After the round, I had to change, it was so freaking hot this MT kid couldn't believe anyone would ever live there.  True statement, the sweat essentially disintegrated my underwear.  So when someone says they were sweating their butt off, I can relate.

I think it is cool that P3P has played a number of the courses on the Tour's rotation. First Riviera and now this weeks track. That is what you call a Montana Mover and Shaker. He just has to be one to trek those fine grounds you know! 

and  yet once more he bestows upon us the topic of hair.  Near and dear the PGH one finds that subject matter.

😉

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, touch said:

A turkey and provolone sandwich, protein bar, endless water, gatorade, and this gave me the energy I needed to perform well today. 

😃

Adds total mental balance and keeps my Monte tempo smooth Jack!  

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

So right during the front 9 I see I have received a couple of texts from the doc. I  normally only check my phone once each hour. I use my phone only for taking pictures of my round.

So I look at doc's text's and grin large.

BREAKING News Boys!!!

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

The doc is at the golf shop getting the sticks regripped and wants my take on a few styles. He is texting me numerous questions. I told him I will only use a Golf Pride product and talked him out of getting Winns. He was asking away about styles and textures. I wanted to help my boy but still not lose concentration on my round.

I grabbed these two photos of my grips and fired them right off to him suggesting he get one or the other. I use CP2 wraps only on my wedges, Tour Velvet on all others. 

So that is the new great and BREAKING news that I have. The doc has dropped his sticks off and is on schedule for a round early Master's Sunday. Y'all know how long I have been pushing my great friend to get back in the game. I told ya his text's gave me a big happy grin.

Right on fella !!! 

Get one of these and you are good.  I'm out here battling KB ....No distractions.  😜

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Here is another great video. Happy they came out this well. I always like taking my better golfing friends to this course. It has some of the best vistas around. The north side of Asheville is far more mountainous. This course unfortunately will crush many a bogey golfer. 

I also believe one must play it a half a dozen times to have a shot at shooting his number. I have shot par once and 2 over twice. Though a tough track it isn't filled with too many scary demanding shots. No forced carries. You had better know your numbers with approach shots though. There are many 3 more clubs needed here, or two clubs less there deals due to the elevation issues. You have to know your iron's numbers. 😉

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

To Be Continued Meme Png Image - Parallel, Transparent Png - kindpng

The brief recap of my round tomorrow.  Reems Creek is a very nice looking course. 

• Like 1

Spieth

Bradley

Bhatia

haven't done anything noticeably great on the golf course lately, followed up a 75 with a 90.  Floating loading my handicap for our annual tournament.  But the reality is I just need sleep.   I think I rather sleep than golf right now. HA!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

14 hours ago, touch said:

Here is another great video. Happy they came out this well. I always like taking my better golfing friends to this course. It has some of the best vistas around. The north side of Asheville is far more mountainous. This course unfortunately will crush many a bogey golfer. 

I also believe one must play it a half a dozen times to have a shot at shooting his number. I have shot par once and 2 over twice. Though a tough track it isn't filled with too many scary demanding shots. No forced carries. You had better know your numbers with approach shots though. There are many 3 more clubs needed here, or two clubs less there deals due to the elevation issues. You have to know your iron's numbers. 😉

Surprised you didn't get your Bob Marley butt down to the Excavator and do some twirly birds. Yaaaaa hooo ride em CowBob. 

• Haha 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

17 hours ago, touch said:

I think it is cool that P3P has played a number of the courses on the Tour's rotation. First Riviera and now this weeks track. That is what you call a Montana Mover and Shaker. He just has to be one to trek those fine grounds you know! 

and  yet once more he bestows upon us the topic of hair.  Near and dear the PGH one finds that subject matter.

😉

It isn't just golf, I am a well heeled individual.  I have actually been to one of these as well.

https://artfulliving.com/worlds-most-extraordinary-bars/

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

Surprised you didn't get your Bob Marley butt down to the Excavator and do some twirly birds. Yaaaaa hooo ride em CowBob. 

In early. Post of the week for Q. It is funny as hell and also shows how observant you are. You're always on top of it around here Mr. Missionary.

😜

• Thanks 1

My Valero Picks

Danny Willett 

Ryan Palmer 

Harry Higgs 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

It isn't just golf, I am a well heeled individual.  I have actually been to one of these as well.

https://artfulliving.com/worlds-most-extraordinary-bars/

Tell us how many mermaids you know personally.

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Valero Texas Open     Week 7 of the contest   

PICKS

chuntsman (+39)                  Scheffler                             Hoffman                                 Bradley 

jerebear (+26)                       Spieth                                 Bhatia                                     Bradley

doctoro (+25)                       Ancer                                   Finau                                      Tringale

puttinfor8 (+24)                    Spieth                                 Steele                                     Palmer

greenmchn (+19)                  Connors                              Matsuyama                            Kuchar

Qqq (+15)                              Connors                             Ancer                                      Hoffman

touch (+12)                           Willett                                 Higgs                                      Palmer

Pete3putt (+1)                      Sheffler                              Grace                                      Hoffman

NCLancer (+1)                     Griffin                                  Ancer                                      Vegas 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

The Point System  we use. 

Winner                  10

top 5                      5

top 10                    3

top 20                    2

made cut               1

missed cut           -3 

The upcoming Master's and all other majors are double points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doctoro said:

Well I finally got back in the golf game. Yay I know my pal Touch is psyched and I am hoping to get some kind of a swing for our annual Masters Sunday round with some old time golf buddies from our single days. But my game has diverted to Sunday Muni shape and its gone for a long road to golfers hell. "The Shanks" that would make Roy McAvoy cringe.

Yes I went to Dicks and got the nice wraps and as I was taking out my driver with the chafe marks on the grip the clerk said "this one looks a but worn" Yep it was indeed there Dicks guy, it was indeed!  But I am stoked got the cool red patterned and with a nice tacky feel. After that transaction took place I went to put my bag back in the car and made another bee line from the parking lot back into Dicks to check out their putters which was hurting. But the golf gadgets shelf did not disappoint. Aha!  "from duffer to seasoned pro in two weeks I am all in!" Picked up a small net and matt with grass and fairway LoL, some of those colored weighted foam balls, and the Calloway strap to keep that swing compact and connected, and a little warm up donut like the one I had back in the eighties. Yes Roy McAvoy was on to something, because like Roy I know my game is nothing but the shanks!

image.png.1febbd00c33e77bbf3821bc1ba2f7dcd.png

Thanks doc. We were wondering about the steps you've been taking in your return to the fantastic game. It's a start and we salute you. We also hope to read some of your witty words regarding your new efforts on the course.

Welcome back 

Edited by touch

On 3/27/2021 at 8:01 AM, Petethreeput said:

I only was confused by two of the posts and had to familiarize myself with them.  Many of them I have in my Spotify golf play list.

I have a theory. Most folks’ musical tastes are developed in their teens. It may change some, like mellow some or expand, but the general “favorite” genre is generally set early.

I do enjoy listening to music.

I agree with your belief Pete, but for me I think it was in my pre-teens.Even though I was a true rock and roll teen In St. Louis, I believe growing up in Detroit during Motown set my taste differently as early as 6th grade. With the AM transistor radio in my hand I listened to a good bit of CKLW out of Windsor, Ontario. From that point on I sought out the groovier beats and the sounds of a soulful female lead singer. Diana, Aretha, and Maryln McCoo were big favorites of mine to name a few. The supermen groups like the O Jays, Temptations, Stylistics, Spinners  are all favorites as well. I think that music back then kind of fostered the romantic in me as well. I was letting that music saturate my being year after year. Then on I went to the Commodores and E,W&F and Teddy and even Lou Rawls. So I believe I fit the theory Pete, early I was influenced. That early Motown beat I bet also contributed to me gladly hitting the dance floor with no fear throughout life as well. 

some favorites

I do as well really enjoy listening to music, and especially through a very good set of headphones. The days of cranking it through a pair of Kilpsch's are long gone. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Petethreeput said:

Great question on General Golf Forum. Car value to golf bag value.

I am at 35%. It just made me laugh.

That was well done. Thanks for sharing. I'll get some miles out of telling that gem. 

Edited by touch

Female vocalists.  Yup I believe to some degree one added to my positive ability on the course yesterday. I'll tell you how in my round recap here shortly. First I want to show this band and female vocalist to the group. Have any of you heard of them or possibly seen them live?

They come to our hip Orange Peel venue in downtown Asheville and I want to see them. I had a ticket to their show last year but covid killed it. Out of Atlanta they have a large following in the southeast. Rumors of Fleetwood Mac. 

I have already turned Q on to the group. 

Amazing cover of Stevie she does.  Get your headphones on please P3P, and enjoy it big if this will be your first time. 

And my favorite song she does.

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Number of 3 three putts, ZERO. Number of smiles and stoked sounding outbursts, numerous! 

Playing decent of late and getting in a solid peaceful warm up before had me confident and ready to give it a go. 70 degrees with a 15 mph wind. Maybe a whisper of a few high clouds. The course looked amazing. I as I said hadn't played it in months. It is one of my favorite difficult courses and certainly fits my eye. 

I was going into this round concentrating on the new and improved preshot routine. The one I am calling ---absolute zero stress, ready set, go! 

I am a golfer that has to be absolutely tension free before pulling the club back to have a solid swing. Because of the amount that I play and practice I mainly try to now get in a game day mental state and think how to play the course with smart shot choices and worry less about swing thoughts . I am extremely easy going out there with my loose long swing with smooth tempo. See I know it is about putting a grooved swing down instead of trying to HIT the ball to the target. Nope, no steering, flipping, or helping with the direction of your shot is allowed. You have to just rhythmically make a confident pass at it and take what she gives ya. If one figures that out their game will improve. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Here on the practice putting green adjacent to the first tee I gauged my speed with a few last 5-8 footers. I looked out on that vista and saw the signature striped fairways of Reems Creek. This location on top of a small mountain I find breathtaking.  Add in the outstanding weather and I was very excited for my round. 

I striped a 3 wood into the center of the first fairway. Hit a 9 iron to the middle of the green and two putted for a par. Same on no.2 again with a 3 wood off the tee. I got up to the third tee box a faced a long dogleg par. It was driver time. The debut shot from my driver was an over the top pull so severe it went over the left field foul pole and out of the stadium and into the streets. Oh my and there was no lateral to save a portion of bacon either this time. I re tee'd. I doubled (6) that sucker, but still with only two strokes off the putter. Bogeyed the next difficult par 4. Three over after 4 holes out of the gate. The consistent driver of the ball commish returned quickly and I was thankful for that. And my irons started to sing once more. I hit the short grass and plopped it on the greens in regulation for the remaining 5 holes on the front. Five straight pars. Two good birdie looks did not fall but were still solid efforts. On those last five holes I two putted all the greens. 

I made the turn with a 39. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

First a deep exhale. Then a gentle swing/waggle with the clubhead going just past the lead left foot, a pause, exhale once more, then the club goes back waggled the other direction to outside of the right foot. I then take the club and gently set it in the address position behind the ball. From that point I pulled the trigger and tried to put a smooth pass on it. This all takes less than two seconds. 

That's the absolute zero stress, ready, set, and go preshot deal I came up with and used all day. 

I exuded calm and was relaxed over the ball. That mind set combined with the confidence from recent solid ball striking was my ticket to a complete round on this beautiful afternoon. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

On the back I got into a solid good golfer zone. I nailed fairways and I hit irons close. Two birdie putts fell. I then had the shot of the season so far, well that's what the golf buddies called it. I tugged a driver over the fairway bunkers on the left side of the fairway on a par 4. It was in the other fairway so I thought I still probably still had a shot . I got to the ball and saw that I had a big oak tree 80 yards out between me and the pin. I had to walk to the side of the big tree to get my yardage in. 163 yds uphill into the wind to a back pin on a three tiered green. One golf bud yells, " you got a shot to the green from over there LP?" I reply, " Yes, I think if I hit a monster cut around the tree I can get it on."

I pull 5 iron and set up for the big cut. I nailed it. It was textbook execution. That left to right rocket launched high into the air and cut around the lumber and then hit the front left of the green. It then ran up to the pin. I was nearly an eagle. It came to rest 2 inches short of the cup. Just PURE.

I also delivered  a few sick lob wedge pitches when I missed greens to save pars coming in. Yes there was a double that day and a few single bogeys out there but not because of a single 3 PUTT!  

I shot a tidy 76. 

Any time I shoot in the middle 70's on a tough course I consider it a great day for me. 

Awesome day, Awesome course, Awesome relaxed mental state. All of it combined to provide me with a very good round and a memorable golf experience. 

I fairly frequently found myself hummimng the songs Shelter, and the two Fleetwood Mac tunes from above.

Music often enhances life , and I believe it helped to enhance my positive mental state Tuesday on the golf course. 

Love this game.  That was a fun round of golf. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Valero Texas Open     Week 7 of the contest   

PICKS

chuntsman (+39)                  Scheffler                             Hoffman                                 Bradley 

jerebear (+26)                       Spieth                                 Bhatia                                     Bradley

doctoro (+25)                       Ancer                                   Finau                                      Tringale

puttinfor8 (+24)                    Spieth                                 Steele                                     Palmer

greenmchn (+19)                  Connors                              Matsuyama                            Kuchar

Qqq (+15)                              Connors                             Ancer                                      Hoffman

touch (+12)                           Willett                                 Higgs                                      Palmer

Pete3putt (+1)                      Sheffler                              Grace                                      Hoffman

NCLancer (+1)                     Griffin                                  Ancer                                      Vegas

• touch locked this topic
  • touch unlocked this topic