2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

19 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

OK, I got hit with a lot there. First off, Corey Hart wore sunglasses at night... nuff said. Melina looks like Ally Sheedy from the Breakfast Club in this photo, at least to me. And geriatric at 30... for me anyway, was a less than prodigious follicle count.

And I can see those other options, but I still see the guy in Karate Kid who was the foil to Ralph. Maybe it’s just me.

and once again I failed the decipher the P3P message meanings the first go round. What is a dumb blonde to do?  ugh ,those Carnegie Mellon guys are sharp. 

• Like 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

So you had me with karate matches and maybe in the mosh pits? 

Naw seriously I was too involved taking cooking classes Montana Man.  I love food and wanted to learn to be able to cook well. I started cooking classes at this time back in DC. both at the Community College and at a private Classic French Cooking school in Bethesda, Maryland. The good Doc is the wiz bang cook compared to me though, I'm proficient.  I'm really the Maitre ' D / Court Jester MC guy by nature though. 

The two of us also don't care for negative comments on the Food! 😀

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, touch said:

Excited as me and the boys are playing a new course Monday. 

One hour southeast. In the hamlet where they filmed Dirty Dancing.    Lake Lure, NC.

Apple Valley G.C.    (possibly NCLancer has played here?) 

Golf Courses in Western North CarolinaRumbling Bald's Apple Valley to reopen soon with new greens

Before I work my way back to the desert Southwest that I am missing more all the time, I will continue to absorb the beauty that is golf in western North Carolina.

Flat stances are over rated. 

Sweet looking!   

• Thanks 1

It has been fun going back. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today is, while still out of posting season, our first go around on a maintained course. It’s dried out enough to permit some maintenance and presumably the removal of goose excrement.

The pro was goofing on me bc I have so many hybrids in the bag now. He asked why I don’t have head covers on them? Two reasons:

1. The bag isn’t big enough to handle them all.

2. If they aren’t covered they look like irons so people don’t realize my swing speed is so bad.

New ball or beater ball? I can’t decide. There will be gambling which says new, the score doesn’t count toward HDCP which says used ball.

Hopefully I don’t poop the bed again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Petethreeput said:

Today is, while still out of posting season, our first go around on a maintained course. It’s dried out enough to permit some maintenance and presumably the removal of goose excrement.

The pro was goofing on me bc I have so many hybrids in the bag now. He asked why I don’t have head covers on them? Two reasons:

1. The bag isn’t big enough to handle them all.

2. If they aren’t covered they look like irons so people don’t realize my swing speed is so bad.

New ball or beater ball? I can’t decide. There will be gambling which says new, the score doesn’t count toward HDCP which says used ball.

Hopefully I don’t poop the bed again.

Awesome news P.  I say old ball. Save the pearly new ones for finer conditions. Play well. Win money. Have a blast.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, touch said:

Hey doc remember back to when we worked at the high end restaurant Martinique's at the McLean Hilton together. Of course you do because you brought the place up once already on the thread. The Lamb Noisettes! The tall dessert cart with 3 shelves of sweet offerings and the top tier for cordial service. " perhaps a snifter of B & B or Mandarine Napoleon to top off your evening Mr. Schobel? " 

Well one night I was given a VIP party in the back (a table out of site) because they wanted privacy. Yes he had just  landed in the States and was about to embark on his first U.S. tour on the heels of this smash hit of his. I was pretty blown away by his polite manners as well as the lack of a big head. No Mr. Astley was just a fun loving mannerly British lad. It was a joy to take care of Rick and his crew. The doc got the World Champion L.A. Dodgers team at Martinique"s one night, and I got the pop star to my credit. 

Mandarine Napoleon Liqueur 20cl - DrinkSupermarket

Commish just RIck Rolled us all... legend 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NCLancer said:

I have not been there but have a friend who stayed at Rumbling Bald and played both their courses.  He loved Apple Valley and recommended my wife and I make the trip someday.  Enjoy your day and soak up some beautiful scenery though it may be a bit sparse in the "early" spring. 

Here's a quote from one movie with a pic from another! 

Image result for nobody puts baby in a corner

Due to all the rain of late in this part of the state I have postponed playing it until cart path only is not the case. I instead will travel down to the land of Lindsay Graham and play my stand by Links O Tryon.   

Thank you NCL for answering my question of whether you have played Apple Valley. I hear nothing by great stuff regarding the course.

You getting any golf in over in the triangle? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, touch said:

I was fairly strong with the 80's  threads yes. I did small blue streaks in the hair also. That was proof I was on board Pete. I, as our doc has stated, really got into the DC club scene and the chasing of girls,  and looking the part was kind of required. Then by the end of the decade I changed gears and went somewhat conservative with some Italian flair mixed in. 

download.jpg

Edited by Qqq123xx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

20 hours ago, touch said:

Ally was cute, but not for me as Demi blew her away. How about I replace her with Susanna Hoffs?

Susanna Lee Hoffs is an American vocalist, guitarist and actress. She is  best known as a co-founder of The Bangl… | Susanna hoffs, Beautiful smile  women, Great hairSusanna Hoffs and the Joy of Making Music - Produce Like A Pro

Always though Demi was like seriously hot during the 80's, before The Surgeon General got a hold of her, with her 3pack a day voice. 

• Like 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

3 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

Always though Demi was like seriously hot during the 80's, before The Surgeon General got a hold of her, with her 3pack a day voice. 

Yes plastic surgery for when you are just fed up with that tired old face of yours. Let's do it and get a New and exciting younger look you think.

Then..............

Pin on BAD surgery!Celebrity Carrot Top Plastic Surgery Before After -  http://celebrityfreeze.com/c… | Bad celebrity plastic surgery, Plastic  surgery gone wrong, Bad plastic surgeriesCelebrity Plastic Surgery Disasters? - CBS News

Mickey Rourke Plastic Surgery | Plastic Surgery Before and After

• Sad 4

3 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

She was seriously hot, (growl) and her voice only added to her caliente factor I thought.

About Last Night | Demi moore, Demi more, Demi

27 Demi Moore ideas | demi moore, demi, celebrities

Oh Q did I tell you I dated her when she was she was still a teenager?   😁

Please don't make fun of my glasses. I was feeling the John Denver vibe of the times. 

Demi Moore's Dating History: A Timeline of Her Marriages, Flings

Edited by touch
  • Haha 2

After the Dell match play the standings remain unchanged.

Standings                 

1 Chuntsman                                  39  

2 jerebear                                       26

3 doctoro                                        25

4 puttinfor 8                                   24

5 greenmachn                                19

6 Qqq                                              15

7 touch                                            12

8 NCLancer                                      1

9 Pete3putt                                      1

OK. I pulled out new ball. Against the best advice of Touch. 
I fired 4 pars and frankly I was effing rolling. No clothes were tight enough because I was hot as crap.

I then rattled off 6 bogeys in a row, but they were tap ins so I knew I was tight.

11 over, as a 4, that’s where the magic is made. Make no mistake, MAGIC.

Edited by Petethreeput
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

I fired 4 pats Mars and frankly I was GM rolling. No clothes were tight enough because I was hot as crap.

I then rattled off 6 bogeys in a row, but they were tap ins so I knew I was tight.

GM rolling? help the dumb blonde please? 

I take that form of transportation often. How was your ride on the bogey train? How did you stay on for so many stops?

Did you for your names sake 3 whack a bunch?

How many fairways missed?

Temperature and wind issue at tee off?

Had the geese crud situation improved?

Did you make a sandy from frosty early spring sand?

Did you yourself make the cart girl 86 Bud Light?

I speak for many of us and say hooray for our northern brother in teeing it up today. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, touch said:

Due to all the rain of late in this part of the state I have postponed playing it until cart path only is not the case. I instead will travel down to the land of Lindsay Graham and play my stand by Links O Tryon.   

Thank you NCL for answering my question of whether you have played Apple Valley. I hear nothing by great stuff regarding the course.

You getting any golf in over in the triangle? 

Walked 18 solo Tues afternoon at my local course.  Friday played 18 riding with my wife at a course in North Raleigh.  2:45 walking, 4:10 in a cart...we were behind a foursome (3 walking, 1 riding all men 50+) and a twosome riding.  The foursome let the 2 men in a cart thru on the 6th.  Never gave us the wave through on the front even though we were right behind them.  Ignored us.  Ample opportunities to let us thru on the back but it was not to be.  We find that many men won't let a twosome couple (man plus woman) play through even being clearly faster and that is unfortunate and unfair.    We tried not to let them effect our day and when it become obviously clear we were stuck we slowed our pace a bit.  However on 18 I did rip a drive that got the slowest walker's attention.  Rant over and thanks for asking!

Sorry to hear your Lake Lure day has been postponed.  Enjoy SC!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, touch said:

GM rolling? help the dumb blonde please? 

I take that form of transportation often. How was your ride on the bogey train? How did you stay on for so many stops?

Did you for your names sake 3 whack a bunch?

How many fairways missed?

Temperature and wind issue at tee off?

Had the geese crud situation improved?

Did you make a sandy from frosty early spring sand?

Did you yourself make the cart girl 86 Bud Light?

I speak for many of us and say hooray forour northern brother in teeing it up today. 

Nope, tap in birdies. GIR? Par. Miss the green? Leave it on the lip. Never get close enough for a real shot at it.

I blow.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NCLancer said:

Walked 18 solo Tues afternoon at my local course.  Friday played 18 riding with my wife at a course in North Raleigh.  2:45 walking, 4:10 in a cart...we were behind a foursome (3 walking, 1 riding all men 50+) and a twosome riding.  The foursome let the 2 men in a cart thru on the 6th.  Never gave us the wave through on the front even though we were right behind them.  Ignored us.  Ample opportunities to let us thru on the back but it was not to be.  We find that many men won't let a twosome couple (man plus woman) play through even being clearly faster and that is unfortunate and unfair.    We tried not to let them effect our day and when it become obviously clear we were stuck we slowed our pace a bit.  However on 18 I did rip a drive that got the slowest walker's attention.  Rant over and thanks for asking!

Sorry to hear your Lake Lure day has been postponed.  Enjoy SC!

I myself always speak up and proclaim to my foursome that there is a twosome behind us and I am going to do the proper etiquette thing and offer them to play through on the next hole. I take charge right away because half the dudes I play with won't act ever.

I believe you are right when you say there are 4 somes of men who no matter what won't let a man and woman playing together through.

I would have either skipped a hole, called the pro shop, or probably driven up to them (of course when the time was appropriate to do so) and ask politely if I could play through.

Great to hear that you had two outings this week NCL. I'll be asking if you don't mind how your recent rounds were from time to time. I like your tales from a Plattsburgh golfer.

I also want to drive half way across the Tar Heel/ Blue Devil state and tee it up with you. The boys around here couldn't stand the excitement of a Commish and NCL play 18 together post with pics!   

Oh,  I think you pulled a LP though on 18th  tee. Sometimes my patience (in a situation like you were in) runs out. Then as you did I send a message with my driver to their backside. I also grunt loudly at impact like Andre Aggassi. It helps to let some steam out !!!

Bravo for P3P and NCL being golfers this week!  

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, touch said:

I myself always speak up and proclaim to my foursome that there is a twosome behind us and I am going to do the proper etiquette thing and offer them to play through on the next hole. I take charge right away because half the dudes I play with won't act ever.

I believe you are right when you say there are 4 somes of men who no matter what won't let a man and woman playing together through.

I would have either skipped a hole, called the pro shop, or probably driven up to them (of course when the time was appropriate to do so) and ask politely if I could play through.

Great to hear that you had two outings this week NCL. I'll be asking if you don't mind how your recent rounds were from time to time. I like your tales from a Plattsburgh golfer.

I also want to drive half way across the Tar Heel/ Blue Devil state and tee it up with you. The boys around here couldn't stand the excitement of a Commish and NCL play 18 together post with pics!   

Oh,  I think you pulled a LP though on 18th  tee. Sometimes my patience (in a situation like you were in) runs out. Then as you did I send a message with your driver to their backside. I also grunt loudly at impact like Andre Aggassi. It helps to let some steam out !!!

Bravo for P3P and NCL being golfers this week!  

Commish on 18!!  

Jack Hammer Golf discover-hammer golf GIF

• Haha 4

Our tour bus pulls into San Antonio tonight. This week it's the Valero Texas Open.

Here is the field. And once again it includes the sometimes dorky media photos of the Tour stars just for P3P.

https://valerotexasopen.com/players/

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, NCLancer said:

Commish on 18!!  

Jack Hammer Golf discover-hammer golf GIF

I can only dream of such raw power NCL.

Henrick Stenson the Scandinavian god I am not.   

With my narrow *ss's  89 mph swing speed with driver, my shots are more like ........

Transparent Balloon | GIF | Paolo Čerić / patakk | Transparent balloons,  Balloons, Mermaid coloring

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Petethreeput said:

I fired 4 pars and frankly I was effing rolling. No clothes were tight enough because I was hot as crap.

well Mr. 4 you are the sharpest stick in this bunch. What did you expect to post in red numbers today? You just came out of hibernation for goodness sake. Still waiting to hear if you did indeed deplete the stock of Bud Light at the club today? 

1 minute ago, touch said:

well Mr. 4 you are the sharpest stick in this bunch. What did you expect to post in red numbers today? You just came out of hibernation for goodness sake. Still waiting to hear if you did indeed deplete the stock of Bud Light at the club today? 

I had BLs. I simply didn’t expect the high right slap. I am a low draw guy, but that’s so 2020. 2021? Just slap it high and right. I am pretty sober, but the hiccups are gone. Wow was that brutal today. Season starts on the first. It’ll get better....

I hope.

• Like 1

I have diverse tastes in music. Pretty much like it all but country and hip hop/rap are a strong NO. I enjoyed flashing back this week to the 80's with songs and styles from the decade. 

Here are a few more that I shredded the dance floor to.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

I had BLs. I simply didn’t expect the high right slap. I am a low draw guy, but that’s so 2020. 2021? Just slap it high and right. I am pretty sober, but the hiccups are gone. Wow was that brutal today. Season starts on the first. It’ll get better....

I hope.

Again you just emerged from sim golf. Your game had this component today.

Will My Insurance Company Pay for Rusty Pipe Damage? | Plumbing Losses in  Vero Beach

I say it's no time at all and your are in the low 70's. I'm a believer.  Don't let the commish down. 

• Like 2

Tomorrow down in SC for my round. Nice !

Campobello, SC 

icon
Tomorrow 03/29

A mainly sunny sky. High 64F. Winds light and variable.

• Like 4

It was a very easy weekend at work and I welcome that as business for me will be ever increasing. Heck just next Sunday we will be having 275 for Easter Brunch. I always look forward to seeing the dolled up families in their Easter best. 

Well we punched the greens earlier in the week so that kept most away. The rough got really green this week and I find courses changing back to green exciting. The zoysia fairways take their sweet time but are just now producing some green shades here and there themselves. The turkey is saying, " there's that albino that takes photos all the f*ng time."  

Two weeks until the Masters. Spring is hitting in the USA and lifting spirits. Covid life is lessening. 

You fellas have a fine week. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

My encore for 80's week. This one would be obvious to a club going dance floor participant back then. 😉

twas a fun era with great new sounds in the clubs. I'm glad I resided in a large urban area at the time. 

Edited by touch

• touch locked this topic
  • touch unlocked this topic