Pittsburgh - 12 1/2  at  Cincinnati                                40 1/2 

• Like 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Surprise. The picks for the new week are up a day early.

Thought I'd do something responsible to make up for all the goofy material I just posted.

Remember with commish touch...........

Some people are made of plastic
And you know some people are made of wood
Some people have hearts of stone
Some people are up to no good
But baby I'm for real
I'm as real as real can get
If what you're looking for is real loving
Then what you see is what you get

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

What is it about the game of football? People literally asking their bodies to keep performing at a super stressed level for anywhere from 10 - 20+ years if you count High School, College, and Pro. If you make it that far. Assuming you do, you are subjected to some ungodly torture as the injury report would equal months of rehab and medical bills for the average Joe. 

Why am I bringing this up you say?

Well I just saw the Browns kicker miss a field goal. I am thinking to myself.  What is it about the field goal that is so “anti football”?  And I am not talking about the “foot“ part in the name of the sport.

The field goal seems to be the equivalent of the trophy given out to someone who finishes 8th in little league. You have the drive at the end of a game to decide who just won a 59 minute and 50 second slobber knocker where guys are bloodied, limbs are taped up and throbbing in pain, fingers deformed and prime candidates for debilitating arthritis soon after retirement, the least of what else is headed their way, life expectancy is much lower for football players. 

So what does this have to do with a Cody Parkey “shank to the left”?  I would just have to think how do these 300lb plus linemen feel after they have been in the trenches for a game with everything on the line and this bright clean uniform with not a mark, walks onto the field to decide what body parts you just sacrificed for the “just win baby” mantra, were meaningful or just a wild painful exercise in futility?  All because some guy who gets paid to kick a ball through uprights has complete control over your hard, painful work and energy expended on the gridiron 

“Laces Out!”  “Laces Out!“

Edited by doctoro
  • Like 4

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'Everyone watching Browns VS Ravens...'

• Haha 3

Standings week 14    

complete 

touch                      25-17

puttinfort8             23-18-1

Chuntsmn              22-18-2

Pete3P                   22-20

NCLancr                 21-20-1

doctoro                  21-20-1

greenmchn            21-20-1

Qqq                        20-22

Jerebear                18-22-2

higherGr                16-24-2

• Like 2

Weekly records (season long)    Week 14    

Puttin8     Pete3       touch   chuntsm   doctr   NCl   grmch     Qqq      Jerbr         highG

3-0           1-2             2-1        2-1      2-1        2-1     2-1       3-0         0-3           2-1

2-1           1-2              2-1        2-1      2-1        2-1     2-1       1-2          0-3          2-1

2-1           2-1              2-1        1-2      2-1        2-1     1-2       1-2          2-1           2-1

3-0           2-1             1-2        0-0      0-3       1-2     1-2       1-2          0-3          1-2

1-2           2-1              0-3        5-1      0-3       3-0    1-2       2-1         2-1            1-2 

1-2           2-1              2-1        2-1      0-3        1-2    0-3       2-1         2-1            1-2

3-0           1-2             3-0        1-2      2-1         2-1    1-2       2-1         2-1            0-3

1-2           3-0             0-3        2-1      2-1         1-2    1-2       0-3        2-1             1-2

2-1           1-2              1-2      1-1-1     3-0       0-2-1  3-0      1-2         0-3            3-0

0-3           2-1             2-1        0-3      2-1        1-2    2-0-1     2-1        1-1-1           0-2-1

1-2           1-2             2-1        1-2       1-2        2-1     2-1       1-2         1-2             1-2  

1-2           2-1             2-1      1-1-1    2-0-1       1-2     1-2       1-2        0-2-1          2-0-1

1-2               1-2                    3-0            2-1       1-2           1-2      3-0        2-1          1-2               1-2

2-0-1         1-2               3-0          2-1       2-1           2-1      1-2        1-2          3-0               1-2

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Kicker Justin Tucker of the Ravens celebrates with Lamar Jackson after making a go-ahead field goal during the fourth quarter in the game against the Browns Monday night.AP-Ravens-Browns-Football-1-e1608035310182.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

So, if we assume anadromous means the ability for fish to exist in fresh and salt water then we have a starting point.  There are a fair number of anadromous fish in the world, obviously, the most famous are the salmon and steelhead who return to the fresh water after a year or more to spawn and then rot away.  The accessibility to cold fresh water is essential, oh, and a lack of dams.  Those don't help much.

NE has the striped bass which has been known to run up rivers quite a long distance.  The snook is also an ocean fish which can be caught in the canals of FLA.  Some of them get quite big.  The striped bass numbers are dropping pretty quickly and no longer present themselves as the game fish they once were.  If we keep up the commercial fishing they will have traversed the same path as the Atlantic Salmon.  With all of this being said, I like the Snook in this matchup.  Give me Miami and the points please.

Let's talk about rivers for a minute.  Sometimes a team just has to ask, "Who is your daddy?"  In this case it is clear cut, and we are too far inland for the arrival and anadromous species, but bear with me.  When two entities form a union they create offspring.  Now he/she can become more famous than the parents, for example, Ben Roethlisberger, to my knowledge no one has ever heard of his parents prior to his ascension to the NFL.  What does this have to do with my pick?  Well, the Allegheny and Monongahela come together to form the Ohio River, which happens to form the southern tip of Cincinnati.  In a dink/dunk "who's your daddy special" I am taking the Steelers and the points.  They won't pull the starters when they get up because the offense sucks so badly, and the Bengals are just what the doctor ordered.

Lastly, returning to the definition I started with, what is the problem with Cleveland?  Did you know they call rainbow trout that spawn in the river and then live in Lake Erie (a freshwater lake) "steelhead?"  Let's be clear, that is a rainbow trout that lives in a lake and spawns in a tributary.  It is not a Steelhead.  Its like calling Van Haggar Van Halen, or Jane's Addiction with Flea Jane's Addiction.  You can do it, but it isn't right.  On the other hand, they are playing the Giants which makes me think, even with Sammy and Flea, they will be OK.  You know something is amiss, but they will put on a good show nonetheless.  I am picking the visiting Browns and giving the points.

Thinking about hitting the only river in the lower 48 to support native fluvial Grayling in 2021.  No steelhead for me.

Edited by Petethreeput
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, CHuntsman said:

I demand we drop my first initial...

I edited it.   Look below. Approve of the new version?

Edited by touch

Weekly records (season long)    Week 14    

Puttin8     Pete3       touch   chuntsm   doctr   NCl   grmch     Qqq      Jerbr         highG

3-0           1-2             2-1        2-1      2-1        2-1     2-1       3-0         0-3           2-1

2-1           1-2              2-1        2-1      2-1        2-1     2-1       1-2          0-3          2-1

2-1           2-1              2-1        1-2      2-1        2-1     1-2       1-2          2-1           2-1

3-0           2-1             1-2        0-0      0-3       1-2     1-2       1-2          0-3          1-2

1-2           2-1              0-3        5-1      0-3       3-0    1-2       2-1         2-1            1-2 

1-2           2-1              2-1        2-1      0-3        1-2    0-3       2-1         2-1            1-2

3-0           1-2             3-0        1-2      2-1         2-1    1-2       2-1         2-1            0-3

1-2           3-0             0-3        2-1      2-1         1-2    1-2       0-3        2-1             1-2

2-1           1-2              1-2      1-1-1     3-0       0-2-1  3-0      1-2         0-3            3-0

0-3           2-1             2-1        0-3      2-1        1-2    2-0-1     2-1        1-1-1           0-2-1

1-2           1-2             2-1        1-2       1-2        2-1     2-1       1-2         1-2             1-2  

1-2           2-1             2-1      1-1-1    2-0-1       1-2     1-2       1-2        0-2-1          2-0-1

1-2               1-2                    3-0            2-1       1-2           1-2      3-0        2-1          1-2               1-2

2-0-1         1-2               3-0          2-1       2-1           2-1      1-2        1-2          3-0               1-2

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

So, if we assume anadromous means the ability for fish to exist in fresh and salt water then we have a starting point.  There are a fair number of anadromous fish in the world, obviously, the most famous are the salmon and steelhead who return to the fresh water after a year or more to spawn and then rot away.  The accessibility to cold fresh water is essential, oh, and a lack of dams.  Those don't help much.

NE has the striped bass which has been known to run up rivers quite a long distance.  The snook is also an ocean fish which can be caught in the canals of FLA.  Some of them get quite big.  The striped bass numbers are dropping pretty quickly and no longer present themselves as the game fish they once were.  If we keep up the commercial fishing they will have traversed the same path as the Atlantic Salmon.  With all of this being said, I like the Snook in this matchup.  Give me Miami and the points please.

Let's talk about rivers for a minute.  Sometimes a team just has to ask, "Who is your daddy?"  In this case it is clear cut, and we are too far inland for the arrival and anadromous species, but bear with me.  When two entities form a union they create offspring.  Now he/she can become more famous than the parents, for example, Ben Roethlisberger, to my knowledge no one has ever heard of his parents prior to his ascension to the NFL.  What does this have to do with my pick?  Well, the Allegheny and Monongahela come together to form the Ohio River, which happens to form the southern tip of Cincinnati.  In a dink/dunk "who's your daddy special" I am taking the Steelers and the points.  They won't pull the starters when they get up because the offense sucks so badly, and the Bengals are just what the doctor ordered.

Lastly, returning to the definition I started with, what is the problem with Cleveland?  Did you know they call rainbow trout that spawn in the river and then live in Lake Erie (a freshwater lake) "steelhead?"  Let's be clear, that is a rainbow trout that lives in a lake and spawns in a tributary.  It is not a Steelhead.  Its like calling Van Haggar Van Halen, or Jane's Addiction with Flea Jane's Addiction.  You can do it, but it isn't right.  On the other hand, they are playing the Giants which makes me think, even with Sammy and Flea, they will be OK.  You know something is amiss, but they will put on a good show nonetheless.  I am picking the visiting Browns and giving the points.

Thinking about hitting the only river in the lower 48 to support native fluvial Grayling in 2021.  No steelhead for me.

Pete once again providing us with an interesting post and one that it is educational. Often they are. 

Thanks Steeler's One. 

How about telling us the names of these guys?

The 14 Types of Trout Species - Fishmasters.com

• Like 2

Q,

You remember that hiking/fishing trip that you took Babs on? The weekend she had all those balance issues.

Did she ever get that snail dislodged from her cheek?

Fishing Fail GIF - Fishing Fail Fall GIFs

Edited by touch
  • Haha 3

Greenmachine trying a new way to chase me this week.

Mywayoftravel Flyfishing GIF - Mywayoftravel Flyfishing Travel GIFs

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Easy Skippy

Fishing GIF - Fish Fishing GoneFishing GIFs

• Haha 3

P3P

here is another Steely push to help get your team back on track.

Party Animal Teenymates Series 5 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers Mascot STEELY  McBeam Rare Figure Minifigure (1:37 Packs)- Buy Online in China at  Desertcart. ProductId : 84186156.

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

A little googling and it appears that this is a spot to land some trophy trouts.

Kamchatka 

Russia’s eastern peninsula is the apex of modern trout dry fly fishing; an adventure of the purest kind, across vast wilderness and rivers that teem with wild trout.

The landmass of Kamchatka stabs south from mainland Siberia, slicing into the Bering Sea just west of Alaska. Its jagged coastlines are lapped by fish-rich waters, its snow-capped horizons are dotted by strato-volcanoes, and its valleys are carved deep by over 12,000 pristine spring creeks and rivers. Virtually none of the peninsula has been impacted by man. It’s a trout, salmon and char Utopia.

Fly Fishing Kamchatka> Russia> Rainbow Trout> Fly Fishing Heaven | Fly  fishing flies trout, Fly fishing, FishIcha river, Kamchatka. One of the best... - Chavanga fishing | FacebookFlyfishing Kamchatka is World ClassUpdate on Travel to Kamchatka

Been P3P? Or quite possibly on your bucket list.

• Like 1

With the big winter storm to hit the east coast tomorrow I thought I better get a round in today. I drove one hour south into South Carolina to seek 45 degree temps. (it's 6-9 degrees warmer down there for me)  The course is now brown but the greens held.

You all know that how you are going to play is so unpredictable. Well that sure came true for me today. Tripled the par 4 9th hole with an OB drive and a 3 jack. Ugh. So I made the turn at 7 over. Some how I flipped the switch at the turn. Fired two birds on the back to erase two single bogeys. Even on the back. One never knows how things can swiftly improve or could go south in a hurry. Crazy game.

I was grateful to get in a round though with the fellas as I had a blast. 

Winter golf is here.

Here in Asheville we are to get some freezing rain issues but not a large dumping of snow. So it's a near miss for us.

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Touch,  Isn't Furman about an hour south of you...have you ever played there?  My wife and I chose playing Clemson over Furman last summer on our way back home from Auburn.  Hope to get back down there to play at Furman as we hear great things about it.      

Edited by NCLancer
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, NCLancer said:

Touch,  Isn't Furman about an hour south of you...have you ever played there?  My wife and I chose playing Clemson over Furman last summer on our way back from home Auburn.  Hope to get back down there to play at Furman as we hear great things about it.      

Yes it is just about an hour south.  I have not played it but want to. I will have to grab some buddies and try it out in the spring. I like you have heard plenty of solid things about the track. 

Famous alumni of the place are Beth Daniels, Betsy King, Dottie Pepper, and Brad Faxon.

https://www.furmangolfclub.com/

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, touch said:

A little googling and it appears that this is a spot to land some trophy trouts.

Kamchatka 

Russia’s eastern peninsula is the apex of modern trout dry fly fishing; an adventure of the purest kind, across vast wilderness and rivers that teem with wild trout.

The landmass of Kamchatka stabs south from mainland Siberia, slicing into the Bering Sea just west of Alaska. Its jagged coastlines are lapped by fish-rich waters, its snow-capped horizons are dotted by strato-volcanoes, and its valleys are carved deep by over 12,000 pristine spring creeks and rivers. Virtually none of the peninsula has been impacted by man. It’s a trout, salmon and char Utopia.

Fly Fishing Kamchatka> Russia> Rainbow Trout> Fly Fishing Heaven | Fly  fishing flies trout, Fly fishing, FishIcha river, Kamchatka. One of the best... - Chavanga fishing | FacebookFlyfishing Kamchatka is World ClassUpdate on Travel to Kamchatka

Been P3P? Or quite possibly on your bucket list.

Kamchatka isn't really on my radar.  I have heard it is akin to AK without the amenities and the only airport is hours from the fishing.  I have been to western Russia to catch the grand-daddy of sportfish.  And no doubt it was awesome.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, touch said:

Q,

You remember that hiking/fishing trip that you took Babs on? The weekend she had all those balance issues.

Did she ever get that snail dislodged from her cheek?

Fishing Fail GIF - Fishing Fail Fall GIFs

Both cheeks actually. It was in pretty deep. They had to get a shopvac to get it out. Fun times. 

• Haha 3

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

15 hours ago, NCLancer said:

Touch,  Isn't Furman about an hour south of you...have you ever played there?  My wife and I chose playing Clemson over Furman last summer on our way back home from Auburn.  Hope to get back down there to play at Furman as we hear great things about it.      

I played The Walker course summer of 19'.  Very nice track!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here are a couple fish I caught by hand. The first one was as buzzed as I was 🍻 . The second one I barely got it in but I prevailed. 

12388442-4x3-xlarge.jpg

download.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

This is how commish enjoys fishing. 

Italian expression of the day: 'Fare il filo' - The Local