Bettinardi Grips

Hershey27

Is there a big difference in the the standard vs Jumbo grips?  Pros & Cons on the Jumbo? I have the standard grip im my 2020 BB8, and planning to order a new studio stock and thought about ordering a Jumbo grip. Unfortunately no Jumbo grip Bettinardis to demo around me. 

Edited by Hershey27

I have both and prefer the jumbo. Fits my hands perfect so there is no slop in the grip or stroke. It’s 132g and the standard one is 78.5g on my scale. Will change the swing weight significantly but the jumbo grip surprisingly gives good feedback for its size and weight. Also both mine are cord version. Not sure if there is a size in between? Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

2016 TM M2 8.5* GD BB 6 S 
TM M3 15* Fuji Speeder VC 7.1 S

Titleist 816h 19* Fuji Speeder 8.8 S
Mizuno MP4 DG 120 S 4-pw
Vokey TVD M 52* TIDGS-400
Vokey TVD M 58* TIDGS-400
Bettinardi BB1 2018 34.5"

12 hours ago, Gator5 said:

I have both and prefer the jumbo. Fits my hands perfect so there is no slop in the grip or stroke. It’s 132g and the standard one is 78.5g on my scale. Will change the swing weight significantly but the jumbo grip surprisingly gives good feedback for its size and weight. Also both mine are cord version. Not sure if there is a size in between? Hope this helps. 

Thanks for the feedback, very helpful. 

I’ve been experimenting in my basement with different grips and weights so if you need any more info let me know. If there was a grip in between that might be perfect but the jumbo is a nice grip for putter head weight at 350g or more at shorter lengths or play at 35” length. Swingweight at 35” was D-4. I cut half inch off and now D-0 but still very good because it makes me rock my shoulders and use let hands and arms. 

• Like 1

2016 TM M2 8.5* GD BB 6 S 
TM M3 15* Fuji Speeder VC 7.1 S

Titleist 816h 19* Fuji Speeder 8.8 S
Mizuno MP4 DG 120 S 4-pw
Vokey TVD M 52* TIDGS-400
Vokey TVD M 58* TIDGS-400
Bettinardi BB1 2018 34.5"

On 1/1/2021 at 1:35 PM, Hershey27 said:

Is there a big difference in the the standard vs Jumbo grips?  Pros & Cons on the Jumbo? I have the standard grip im my 2020 BB8, and planning to order a new studio stock and thought about ordering a Jumbo grip. Unfortunately no Jumbo grip Bettinardis to demo around me. 

Yes. I have both and big difference in weight. I would recommend going with Jumbo if your head weight is going to be on the heavy side. 

For example i tried using standard with QB5 but didn't work out as it felt like a sledgehammer. Switched to jumbo and it counter balanced the heavy head weight and made it playable. Also no loss of feel with jumbo grips.

For BB series I would defintely go with standard.

Studio stock can go both ways as the head weight is in between BB and QB series.

9 hours ago, Joe Jordan said:

Curious if anyone has tried the new Bettinardi grips they offer from Lamkin Sink Fit? I have the standard Deep etched on my QB6. Just got a QB 9 off EBay and they have a SuperStroke on there, not my favorite grip. So before I switched it out was wanting some feedback. Thanks. Happy New Year.

Lamkin sink fit grips are more tacky and I actually prefer these to the old deep etched. Encourages you to hold the putter gently as the grip GRIPS onto you if you know what I mean.

20201217_161925.jpg

• Like 3

Driver - Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6x

3 wood - Titleist TS2 15* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7x

5wood - Titleist TS2 18* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-8x

Irons - Srixon ZX7 4, Srixon Z Forged 5- PW w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Gap Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Sand Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Lob Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Face 64* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Putter - Bettinardi DASS Diamond Face BB8 w/ Stability Tour Black

Ball - Srixon Z Star

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 10:58 AM, Joe Jordan said:

Curious if anyone has tried the new Bettinardi grips they offer from Lamkin Sink Fit? I have the standard Deep etched on my QB6. Just got a QB 9 off EBay and they have a SuperStroke on there, not my favorite grip. So before I switched it out was wanting some feedback. Thanks. Happy New Year.

I have the Standard Sink Fit that came with my Inovai 6.0 and really like the texture better than the deep etched. It's softer on the hands and has great tack so you can use less pressure. I also purchased the matching Jumbo Sink Fit and like the size, but prefer the sharper back profile of the SS Flatso design. This one is very round all the way around the back. I'll probably end up giving it another try though.

I recently switched from regular to jumbo on my QB5. It has been hugely beneficial to me, as it helps provide some counter balancing and quiet my hands down. @hypergolf explained it well - the QB heads are heavy, so I think it was super beneficial in my case. The Jumbo grip is super heavy, so that is something to seriously consider when buying, as it will change how the putter feels.

D - Ping G425 Max - Alta CB Slate 55s

3w - Callaway Rogue, Fujikura Atmos TS Red 6s

2h - Ping g425, Fujikura Atmos TS Red 7s

3h - Ping g400 Crossover - Alta CB S

4-AW - Taylormade P790 (2019) - Nippon NS Pro 950s

54* - Vokey F-Grind

68* - Bokey M-Grind

Putter - Bettinardi Queen Bee 5

(top of bag rotates)

• 3 months later...

Need to resurrect this thread as i am choosing between a standard or a jimbo sink fit grip for a BB45 (358g head weight). I did see on the bett site that the jumbo and standard  both weigh 72--is this possible bec even on the lamkin site the jumbo is about 115 and standard is 70+ which makes sense. My question is does bettinardi correct for the weight discrepancy in the grip options in order to give both putter/grip options the same swing weight? Or does the swing weight really not matter as they say about putters. I demoed the standard (d7) but haven't found a demo with the jumbo, which im thinking id like better shapewise. Am concerned if the sw goes significantly lower and it affects the feel. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 9:50 PM, emartinmills said:

Need to resurrect this thread as i am choosing between a standard or a jimbo sink fit grip for a BB45 (358g head weight). I did see on the bett site that the jumbo and standard  both weigh 72--is this possible bec even on the lamkin site the jumbo is about 115 and standard is 70+ which makes sense. My question is does bettinardi correct for the weight discrepancy in the grip options in order to give both putter/grip options the same swing weight? Or does the swing weight really not matter as they say about putters. I demoed the standard (d7) but haven't found a demo with the jumbo, which im thinking id like better shapewise. Am concerned if the sw goes significantly lower and it affects the feel. 

I had this question a while back so contacted Bettinardi directly. They don't do swing weight. They just cut the shaft down to length but the head weight stays constant. 

This question came up because I wanted to cut down a 35" shaft to 34" that was originally assembled by them. They said there is no problem in doing this because that's how they do it at their facility as well. 

Driver - Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6x

3 wood - Titleist TS2 15* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7x

5wood - Titleist TS2 18* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-8x

Irons - Srixon ZX7 4, Srixon Z Forged 5- PW w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Gap Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Sand Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Lob Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Face 64* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Putter - Bettinardi DASS Diamond Face BB8 w/ Stability Tour Black

Ball - Srixon Z Star

• 9 months later...

I'm about to dive into this, as well. I have a 2019 QB 6 that I actually rather liked when I first got with the standard Deep Etched grip.  Kind of like a sledge hammer feel, with most of the weight in the head. I popped off the standard and put on the Betti Deep Etched Jumbo. Definitely changed the feel and now I kinda want to back closer to the original head heavy feel. I am also looking at maybe lopping a half inch off the shaft to play to a 33.5.  I weighed my standard Deep Etched and, according to my scale, it weighs 74 grams. I believe the Jumbo Deep Etched (currently installed) is around 127 grams.

So, I was thinking of cutting a half inch off and adding the Betti Sink Fit Jumbo (72 grams).  I like the feel of that grip versus the deep etched. My thought is that will get me closer back to where the putter felt when I first got it, maybe a tad head heavier.  Does my logic seem correct?  

Rogue ST Max 9* (IZ-6 SR)

TSi2 @ 16.5* (Ventus Red 6R, -2g)

TSi2 @ 21* (Motore X F3 7S, -2g, tip'd .5")

818 H1 @ 24* (Diamana S+ 82S, tip'd 1.5")

Pro 223 5-GW (Modus3 115 - S) 

RTX6 54/10, RTX6 58/6 (Modus 115 Wedge - S, 1* flat) 

Eleven Tour Lined - '24 BX

On 4/30/2021 at 7:50 AM, emartinmills said:

I don't think your question was actually answered. You were asking how a jumbo grip, with seemingly more material, could weigh the same as the standard size grip of the same model (both listed on Betti site as 72 grams), right?  I have this question too, as I can for sure say that on the Betti Deep Etch grip, there is a large difference in grip weight. 

On 2/9/2022 at 8:18 AM, wolverine_man said:

I don't think your question was actually answered. You were asking how a jumbo grip, with seemingly more material, could weigh the same as the standard size grip of the same model (both listed on Betti site as 72 grams), right?  I have this question too, as I can for sure say that on the Betti Deep Etch grip, there is a large difference in grip weight. 

The sink fit jumbo that bettinardi sells definitely weighs the same as the regular/skinny.  I have one in the garbage can in my garage right now that I cut off and weighed.  I bought a SS28 a while back and edwin watts only had it with the jumbo.  I ordered the skinny from bettinardi and installed it because I thought that was what i wanted.  I ended up trading the putter in because the face was too soft.

Lamkin does not have any grip on their site that matches the bettinardi sink fit jumbo-all the ones they sell are 40 or so grams heavier, unless lamkin has incorrect specs on their website.  I emailed them to see if I could buy a lamkin branded jumbo that weighed the same as the bettinardi jumbo but they never responded.

The bettinardi sink fit jumbo that I cut off and weighed came in at 72.5 grams on my scale

12 hours ago, Unteachable said:

The sink fit jumbo that bettinardi sells definitely weighs the same as the regular/skinny.  I have one in the garbage can in my garage right now that I cut off and weighed.  I bought a SS28 a while back and edwin watts only had it with the jumbo.  I ordered the skinny from bettinardi and installed it because I thought that was what i wanted.  I ended up trading the putter in because the face was too soft.

Lamkin does not have any grip on their site that matches the bettinardi sink fit jumbo-all the ones they sell are 40 or so grams heavier, unless lamkin has incorrect specs on their website.  I emailed them to see if I could buy a lamkin branded jumbo that weighed the same as the bettinardi jumbo but they never responded.

The bettinardi sink fit jumbo that I cut off and weighed came in at 72.5 grams on my scale

Awesome information!  Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. 

• 5 months later...