Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White Series Prototype 2.0 TX-Flex

27 minutes ago, ForTourUseOnly said:

I would say the X tipped 1" plays similar to the TX 1.0 models but its still going to be softer than the TX 2.0.

I have both the 85 TX 1.0 and 2.0 proto and the 2.0 is 15cpm stiffer and a couple grams heavier

Would going to the 65TX version play slightly softer as compared to the 85TX? MCA states 3.2 torque (65TX) compared to 2.7(85TX). Would a higher lower torque correlate to a stiffer cpm? 

2 minutes ago, Player B said:

Would going to the 65TX version play slightly softer as compared to the 85TX? MCA states 3.2 torque (65TX) compared to 2.7(85TX). Would a higher lower torque correlate to a stiffer cpm? 

Doesn't always but it could, I should have one by next week that I can take some measurements on for you. Fire me a PM next week if you don't see a post from me by then

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Fujikura Ventus VeloCore Black 6-X

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Fujikura Ventus TR VeloCore Red 8-X

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Project X HZRDUS Gen4 Black 105 HY TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey Design SM10 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.5T w/ TT Dynamic Gold TI

Scotty Cameron Teryllium Fastback TFB-1.5 T22 Tour

this is my current gamer and has been since last fall -- it's incredible for me in my new SIM2 -- it was good in the regular SIM but...man, what a pairing.

Taylormade Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 10*) / Denali Black 60TX

Taylormade Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

Taylormade P-DHY / 2i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW (3* weak) / KBS Tour X

Cleveland RTX6 / 54, 58 (full face2) / DG TI Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

On 3/29/2021 at 3:45 PM, Player B said:

the 65 Proto 2.0 TX is 10CPM softer than the 85 2.0 TX but the tip is a little stiffer as well

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Fujikura Ventus VeloCore Black 6-X

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Fujikura Ventus TR VeloCore Red 8-X

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Project X HZRDUS Gen4 Black 105 HY TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey Design SM10 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.5T w/ TT Dynamic Gold TI

Scotty Cameron Teryllium Fastback TFB-1.5 T22 Tour

15 hours ago, Gtyler14 said:

65tx if I remember correctly. Was it tipped 1/2?

tipped 1" and yes on the weight.

Taylormade Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

21 hours ago, gioguy21 said:

this is my current gamer and has been since last fall -- it's incredible for me in my new SIM2 -- it was good in the regular SIM but...man, what a pairing.

How is spin, launch and feel compared to the 1K?

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X  44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

PROV1

Just now, Wardonation said:

How is spin, launch and feel compared to the 1K?

spin is more playable (roughly 2-300rpms more than the 1K on average), launch is similar and the feel is...different. IMO the 1k is as boardy as i've felt in a long time -- but it's smooth through the swing if that makes sense. the feedback is a bit more harsh for sure than the AV 2.0; and imo i prefer the feedback of the AV 2.0 to the 1k. 

i feel like the 1k is for the boys who felt like they had to go up in weight in the AV to get the spin down -- it's a slightly beefed up version of the AV 2.0 IMO; and truly fits only a niche of golfers. (think, veylix roughneck niche; but a smoother profile) 

• Like 1

Just now, Gtyler14 said:

You just gaming it in just the driver or was it good enough to make its way into the fairway wood?

just the driver -- i have a diamana TB going in my 3w; head is either my tried/true epic flash SZ head or a sim TI head

8 hours ago, gioguy21 said:

just the driver -- i have a diamana TB going in my 3w; head is either my tried/true epic flash SZ head or a sim TI head

So, I will likely be placing an order soon through Titleist for a TSi2 Driver/3W with TENSEI AV Raw White 75/85 TX 2.0. Do you think it's important to have them tipped beyond the standard tipping recommendation? How does it change the shaft performance and is it significant in your opinion? I ask because it sounds like it's a pretty stout shaft as-is

2 hours ago, Harris27 said:

So, I will likely be placing an order soon through Titleist for a TSi2 Driver/3W with TENSEI AV Raw White 75/85 TX 2.0. Do you think it's important to have them tipped beyond the standard tipping recommendation? How does it change the shaft performance and is it significant in your opinion? I ask because it sounds like it's a pretty stout shaft as-is

FYI, 

Titleist doesn’t tip the driver and tips the 3 wood 1/2” on orders without any specific tipping requests. 

9 hours ago, Harris27 said:

i would stick to standard tipping -- in the 3w you might honestly want to leave it uncut or at most 1/2" tipped. 

10 hours ago, Harris27 said:

I have my 75TX tipped .5 inches int he driver, I do have a 85tx tipped 1 and 1.5 that I might try in my 3 and 5 wood but I doubt they will beat out the Ventus 9 and 10x

1 hour ago, gioguy21 said:

i would stick to standard tipping -- in the 3w you might honestly want to leave it uncut or at most 1/2" tipped. 

Yeah - Titleist and MCA's recommended instructions are to not tip the D, and to tip the 3W .5". I am coming from a CK Pro White where Titleist's recommended trim for the D was .5", and that felt fine to me. I see where you are playing your SIM2 at 45", which is what mine would be too. Is there a reason why you decided to tip your 65 TX 2.0 1 inch?

1 hour ago, Harris27 said:

Yeah - Titleist and MCA's recommended instructions are to not tip the D, and to tip the 3W .5". I am coming from a CK Pro White where Titleist's recommended trim for the D was .5", and that felt fine to me. I see where you are playing your SIM2 at 45", which is what mine would be too. Is there a reason why you decided to tip your 65 TX 2.0 1 inch?

i play 98% of all driver shafts tipped 1" lol

5 hours ago, Harris27 said:

I swing around 115SS / 165BS and I have the 65TX untipped.  I can tell you it is a beast of a shaft, does not need tipping if you are around that range unless you have a really aggressive transition.  

I gamed the KKDC in 80TX and it's nothing compared to the 2.0 65TX in terms of tip stiffness.

43 minutes ago, manima1 said:

I swing around 115SS / 165BS and I have the 65TX untipped.  I can tell you it is a beast of a shaft, does not need tipping if you are around that range unless you have a really aggressive transition.  

I gamed the KKDC in 80TX and it's nothing compared to the 2.0 65TX in terms of tip stiffness.

Thanks, I'd be around 120SS, so not much of a difference. I'm leaning towards standard tipping instructions (no Driver tip & .5" 3W) just based off the profile of the 2.0TX shaft. Wanted to get more information and hear from some people who have it, why they decided to tip it, if they did

This thread is making me itchy lol, real real itchy. I have the av raw orange 75tx tipped .5" in a Sim Max. I've been making swing changes since Jan and im definitely hitting more up on the ball. I now have my sim set to lower so 7*?? (9* head). That seemed to help the flight but good grief im hitting it high af. This 2.0 white was supposed to be the shaft I was gonna get. Thinking about going one a go.

Anyone have some experiences you can share between the av orange (tx) and tensei 2.0?? I have a pro white 100tx im my 410 crossover I love. 

On 4/2/2021 at 11:33 AM, Harris27 said:

Lol I guess what I'm getting at is, is that because of something specific - more stable feeling, ball flight, spin, etc? Why do you prefer that vs a driver shaft that's untipped?

i prefer a bit firmer/more stable -- but it depends on the shaft too. some shafts (1K, veylix roughneck, accra RPG and a few others) if you tip them they feel the same just lose spin. 

On 4/3/2021 at 3:14 PM, manima1 said:

Another round in with this shaft in 65TX paired with the TSi3 and it's just really hard to hit a bad shot with it. Definitely a shaft you have to get used to in terms of how it loads, but once you do and start trusting it... Wow 

This shaft is a beast in my m6 8 degree head

Finally got a chance to hit this shaft. Put a 85TX 2.0 tipped almost 1.5” (1 and 3/8” to be exact) into my SIM2 fairway. Was playing the PW 80TX tipped 1.5” prior.  Flight window and distance look to be similar on the range (maybe a touch lower but he’s to tell with range balls), but the 2.0 definitely feels smoother.  Will have to get this on the course with my own ball and see how it performs. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 10 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR3 18 w/Fuji 9.2TS X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck or LAB DF3

Just now, SC-TX 88 said:

Finally got a chance to hit this shaft. Put a 85TX 2.0 tipped almost 1.5” (1 and 3/8” to be exact) into my SIM2 fairway. Was playing the PW 80TX tipped 1.5” prior.  Flight window and distance look to be similar on the range (maybe a touch lower but he’s to tell with range balls), but the 2.0 definitely feels smoother.  Will have to get this on the course with my own ball and see how it performs. 

the 2.0 should feel better than the regular pro white; that seems like a solid switch to me. you can take harder or easier swings on the 2.0 and it should perform similarly - the PW might get loose unless you're on it 100% all the time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gioguy21 said:

the 2.0 should feel better than the regular pro white; that seems like a solid switch to me. you can take harder or easier swings on the 2.0 and it should perform similarly - the PW might get loose unless you're on it 100% all the time. 

Totally agree with this, the PW made you work for it sometimes.  Waiting on my SIM2 5 wood to show up (hopefully tomorrow) and am strongly considering the 2.0 for it as well. Going to start with a VC 9.2 that I’ve had success with and go from there. 

On a related note my Ventus black snapped down by the head while working with my coach so I put my PW 70TX back in until I can take to my builder to see about a warranty replacement. First time putting the PW in the SIM head, I’m actually really enjoying the combo. I kind of want to try a 2.0 in my SIM2 if it ever ships. 

3 hours ago, gioguy21 said:

Do you think for someone with an avg Driver SS of 120-122, tipping the 70TX 2.0 1/2" & the 80TX 2.0 in a 15* 3w head 1" would change the feel or ball flight in a negative way? I am only concerned about the result of tipping being that it makes it feel too stiff/boardy and launches too low. You seem to have some knowledge here, do you think that should be a legitimate concern? The alternative would be to play both clubs at the standard recommended tip trim (no D tip and 1/2" 3w tip)

2 hours ago, Harris27 said:

Do you think for someone with an avg Driver SS of 120-122, tipping the 70TX 2.0 1/2" & the 80TX 2.0 in a 15* 3w head 1" would change the feel or ball flight in a negative way? I am only concerned about the result of tipping being that it makes it feel too stiff/boardy and launches too low. You seem to have some knowledge here, do you think that should be a legitimate concern? The alternative would be to play both clubs at the standard recommended tip trim (no D tip and 1/2" 3w tip)

I’m slower than that right now as I continue tweaking my swing (I’m hovering around 115-118) and I don’t think it would be an issue. I’m at 1 3/8” in the 2.0 85TX and for me it’s not an issue (granted I live in Texas so I like to see my woods launch at a little lower window).