Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White Series Prototype 2.0 TX-Flex

On 6/8/2021 at 5:15 PM, Mario Good Times said:

So how much did everyone tip this shaft?

No tipping, tsi4 8* set to 7*

Making some big swing changes, brought my launch down to 14*, spinning sub 2k pretty consistently, ball speeds ranging up into the mid 190s, avg in the upper 180s.  Not sure what tipping would accomplish for me, good strikes seem pretty optimized.  I guess 70 rpms less spin could add 2 yards to my avg lol

1 hour ago, Bdck said:

No tipping, tsi4 8* set to 7*

Making some big swing changes, brought my launch down to 14*, spinning sub 2k pretty consistently, ball speeds ranging up into the mid 190s, avg in the upper 180s.  Not sure what tipping would accomplish for me, good strikes seem pretty optimized.  I guess 70 rpms less spin could add 2 yards to my avg lol

I've got the one I mess around in new drivers (65tx) with tipped an 1" and then the one in my 3wood (75tx) tipped 1.5" 

These are one of the most consistent shafts on the market. I dont actually game it, but I use these shafts for all of my testing, before putting my gamer shaft in anything. 

D - Callaway Paradym TD 10.5 @ N/S w/ Mitsubishi Kai'Li Red 60tx

2H - Ping G430 w/ Accra TZ5 90H M5, FLAT

4H - Ping G430 w/ Aldila Rogue Black 95tx

DI - Ping iCrossover 4iron w/ Tensei CK PRO Orange 90tx

5&6 Edel SMS, 7-PW Edel SMS Pro w/ Accra TZi 105

Wedges - Callaway JAWS RAW 52W @ 51, 56W @ 54, 60X @ 60, 60Z @ 62 w/ Accra iSteel Wedge 120, Z Grind Gamer has a BGT ZNE 130 

Grips - SuperStroke S-Tech Cord (White) 2+2 

Putter - My TaylorMade TP Soto w/ Mitsubishi MMT & SuperStroke Tour 3.0 17 @ 38.5" 

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

SuperStroke TXR1000 Rangefinder, Ping Tour Glove, UnderArmour 

On 7/15/2021 at 6:36 PM, Kovey10 said:

For anyone who has played both in their driver, how does this shaft in 65TX compare to a Hulk 70g 6.5TX? 

they're both different animals of sorts --- the hulk doesn't have the feel as the 2.0; and IMO launches a little higher than the 2.0. the 2.0 for me, has been more controllable and less spin. 

both are very stable. 

hope this helps - if you have more questions let me know, cheers. 

• Like 1

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 6:36 PM, Kovey10 said:

For anyone who has played both in their driver, how does this shaft in 65TX compare to a Hulk 70g 6.5TX? 

Gioguy guy is spot on.  2.0 might launch a little lower for me, but not much.  Improved dispersion in the 2.0, and reading this thread, is why I switched.  *Was using the 60g option in both shafts.  My numbers and results were very similar with the Hulk and the AV Raw White X.  All are great options.

I'll miss that shiny green shaft.

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

Has anyone done a test of the AV Raw White 85X and the new 2.0?

1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

• 1 month later...

Can someone help me make a decision?

I got fitted yesterday and I did best on the Graphite Design AD XC 7X (75g). This shaft is a 200$ upcharge on titleist and a 450$ upcharge with my fitter.

My fitter recommended the Raw AV White 75g X as an alternative, but since the TX is "better" (boron tip), I want to get it for the value

About me:

• relatively new player, but hit a lot of balls as a kid over many years before "quitting" for 15 years
  • Have broken 90 five times counting penalties and such since I've come back 2 months ago.
  • Yesterday was my first fitting of any kind.
  • Fitter didn't try a tour stiff, maybe it is already better for me
  • My swing speed is 113
  • I started the fitting at a 103 but went up as soon I got heavier shafts. They felt like they could take it, I didn't try to do this it just felt natural
  • I had a 20 year old Titleist 983k with a stiff shaft before this. I think this subconsciously taught me to swing slow.
  • I have never worked on making my driver faster yet
  • For this reason I think with practice I will pick up some more SS.

So although my fitter had me on x stiff, I want to jump up to the tour for overall value and because I think my SS is likely to get a bit faster and I'm already in a SS where TX is often recommended on generic website/forum posts.

Edited by river11
information while trying to not ramble. Just editing for clarity

On 9/12/2021 at 6:57 PM, river11 said:

Can someone help me make a decision?

I got fitted yesterday and I did best on the Graphite Design AD XC 7X (75g). This shaft is a 200$ upcharge on titleist and a 450$ upcharge with my fitter.

My fitter recommended the Raw AV White 75g X as an alternative, but since the TX is "better" (boron tip), I want to get it for the value

About me:

• relatively new player, but hit a lot of balls as a kid over many years before "quitting" for 15 years
  • Have broken 90 five times counting penalties and such since I've come back 2 months ago.
  • Yesterday was my first fitting of any kind.
  • Fitter didn't try a tour stiff, maybe it is already better for me
  • My swing speed is 113
  • I started the fitting at a 103 but went up as soon I got heavier shafts. They felt like they could take it, I didn't try to do this it just felt natural
  • I had a 20 year old Titleist 983k with a stiff shaft before this. I think this subconsciously taught me to swing slow.
  • I have never worked on making my driver faster yet
  • For this reason I think with practice I will pick up some more SS.

So although my fitter had me on x stiff, I want to jump up to the tour for overall value and because I think my SS is likely to get a bit faster and I'm already in a SS where TX is often recommended on generic website/forum posts.

The TX is pretty manageable, and it sounds like you want to go down hat road anyway. 

Did you consider going with the 65g TX?  The lighter shaft should move a little faster for you.  What does your typical miss look like?

Edited by getair23

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

12 hours ago, getair23 said:

The TX is pretty manageable, and it sounds like you want to go down hat road anyway. 

Did you consider going with the 65g TX?  The lighter shaft should move a little faster for you.  What does your typical miss look like?

Haha, I ended up going with the 65 TX. It was indeed the road I wanted to go down and I yolo'ed it the night I made that post.

My miss, before I went to the fitter, was a slice. Some days worse than others but over the long run Id say 50% good, 40% manageable fade/slice, but the main problem  I was hoping to address was the 10% bad contact, instant OB, 50 yard hook that would come in spurts.

I think those hooks were from swinging a stiff shaft too hard.

Edited by river11
clarity/attempt at brevity

7 hours ago, river11 said:

Haha, I ended up going with the 65 TX. It was indeed the road I wanted to go down and I yolo'ed it the night I made that post.

My miss, before I went to the fitter, was a slice. Some days worse than others but over the long run Id say 50% good, 40% manageable fade/slice, but the main problem  I was hoping to address was the 10% bad contact, instant OB, 50 yard hook that would come in spurts.

I think those hooks were from swinging a stiff shaft too hard.

Welcome to WRX and the world of x and tx shafts.  Enjoy your new purchase!

• Like 2

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

20 hours ago, ry1808 said:

I currently play the Hulk shaft in my driver and find it a little 'dull' or 'boardy', i.e. no feel from it. From some of the comments here this shaft may well be exactly what I'm looking for. 

Does anyone know the difference between this shaft and the 1k? Just out of interest...

I've tested the all 3 shafts you mention.  The Hulk will feel the most stout/boardy.  The 2.0 is next in terms of stiffness but has some feel to it.  I had the 1k as my gamer and it's the softest profile based on the way it felt for me.  Has great feel to it, but I lost it hard left on bad swings more often than not.  Has the most kick to it as well IMO. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

2 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

I've tested the all 3 shafts you mention.  The Hulk will feel the most stout/boardy.  The 2.0 is next in terms of stiffness but has some feel to it.  I had the 1k as my gamer and it's the softest profile based on the way it felt for me.  Has great feel to it, but I lost it hard left on bad swings more often than not.  Has the most kick to it as well IMO. 

Thanks. 

I went from the Ventus Black to the HULK. The Ventus feels very soft now compared to the HULK and the misses tended to be wilder than the HULK, especially as I have a faster transition. 

Any chance you’ve tested a Ventus Black to compare? Haha. 

44 minutes ago, ry1808 said:

Thanks. 

I went from the Ventus Black to the HULK. The Ventus feels very soft now compared to the HULK and the misses tended to be wilder than the HULK, especially as I have a faster transition. 

Check out the rpg too

57 minutes ago, ry1808 said:

Thanks. 

i have...black is what i'd considered 'loose' compared to the AVW2.0P...there feels like a more pronounced kick to it and for me, thats not a good thing. 

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

2 hours ago, ry1808 said:

Thanks. 

I had the Ventus Black as my gamer for most of last year and half of this year.  It's softer than the Hulk for sure.  I just put the Diamana PD as my gamer.  It's one of the stiffest shafts I've ever tested.  I'd say it's right there with the Hulk especially in 70TX but it has a bit of feel to it unlike the Hulk.  It's also one of the most stable and accurate shafts for me as well.  Does not want to curve much to the left and I can hit that 10 yard cut on command a lot easier than I could with the Ventus Black.  Being only 5'7, I have to give it my all in terms of effort and speed in order to get it out there so I have a very aggressive transition.  Give it whirl if you get the chance. 

Edited by phizzy30

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

1 hour ago, gioguy21 said:

i have...black is what i'd considered 'loose' compared to the AVW2.0P...there feels like a more pronounced kick to it and for me, thats not a good thing. 

Try the Diamana PD.  It's stiff as a board in terms of profile, barely has any kick to it but still has some feel if that makes any sense, haha.  It also launches lower than the Ventus Black. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Try the Diamana PD.  It's stiff as a board in terms of profile, barely has any kick to it but still has some feel if that makes any sense, haha.  It also launches lower than the Ventus Black. 

definitely on my "must hit" list...

• Like 1

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

26 minutes ago, Gtyler14 said:

Have you hit the rpg? I love love love my 2.0 75tx but I’m testing the rpg just because it was sent to me to try. The 2.0 has been a anti left game changer for me.

I hit the older one that woodland had- I forget how long ago it was. 

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Just got mine (SIX days since i ordered from titleist, I couldn't believe my eyes when the box came).

You guys are all so detailed here lol, able to compare to so many shafts and identify which parts are stiff/flexible. I'm adding my laymans opinion in case it helps anyone

As a low 90s player whose really only tried drivers and shafts during his first driver fitting, I can only say it feels nice. Honestly I wouldn't know for sure what a "telephone pole" or "boardy" shaft feels like but this feels fine.

My SS is 113 and my fitter recommended me the Graphite Design AD XC 7x. I went with the White raw TX 2.0 because it was free lol. Any other noobs reading this, it doesn't feel that bad to run a TX. Launch & distance is fine going by eye test.

I'm going to go see how it does on a launch monitor because as I understand it, having too stiff of a shaft means your shots go straight (if you hit straight), you just lose distance. So Ill see if the distance matches when I'm on the course/launch monitor

Edited by river11

On 3/26/2021 at 11:20 PM, speeder757 said:

What is MCA’s fascination with giant butt diameters lately.... The OG Whiteboard was .600 Every since then they just keep getting bigger 

I think that is one of the big "selling points" of the fifth generation Diamana shafts, consistent handle diameter. I think it is a cost saving measure as well, because there are three main ways to stiffen any part of a shaft; use stronger materials (more expensive), thicken the walls with more material (adds weight, also more expensive), or increase the diameter of the section (most economical). 

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I just ordered Titleist fairway woods with the 2.0 shafts in them without being able to test them out. I was able to test the Ventus Black in the driver and ordered that for it. Is the 2.0 still holding up for you guys that are gaming it or has it been kicked out by something else? From what it sounds like the 2.0 profile will be just fine compared to the Ventus that’s going into the TSI3, can’t wait to hit the fairways when they get in. 

Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
Byron Morgan 006 GSS

2 hours ago, KeithM38 said:

I just ordered Titleist fairway woods with the 2.0 shafts in them without being able to test them out. I was able to test the Ventus Black in the driver and ordered that for it. Is the 2.0 still holding up for you guys that are gaming it or has it been kicked out by something else? From what it sounds like the 2.0 profile will be just fine compared to the Ventus that’s going into the TSI3, can’t wait to hit the fairways when they get in. 

Congrats on you fw purchases.  I'm still in the 2.0 and don't think much about switching, which is not my usual behavior.  I bought a KBS TD category 5 to test, but really am in no rush to make any changes.  

• Like 2

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

• 3 months later...

Has anyone seen a bend profile of this shaft? On the site it looks like they show it for non 2.0 but not 2.0. In addition, has anyone seen it all of the bend profiles for all of the whiteboards iterations on one visual or at least all the 5 generations on one visual, all the tensei iterations on one visual? 

OG Whiteboard

Ahina

W Series

DF

PD

D+ Ltd (tiger/koepka tx)

Tensei Pro White

Tensei Pro White 1K

Tensei Av Raw White

Tensei AV Raw White Proto 2.0

Kai'li White TX

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*): Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* - Diamana D+ Ltd. 80x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 816H1 17* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 915hd 20.5* @ 19.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5 / Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

If anyone is looking for any similar shafts I got a ton for sale: 

image.png.6e7e62e9187e8787308cbe967af204e9.png

1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")