2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

What'd You Shoot Today?

Gxgolfer

79 today with 2 doubles, 4 birdies, 6pars, 6 bogeys.

Longest and highest rated course I have ever played. Scorecard says 7337 yards but they had some of the tees up for the weekend so it played about 7100-7200 yards RTG 74.8 slope 135.

Putter was on fire today 26 putts total zero 3 putts, 8 one putts. I think I figured out that I like to putt on fast greens. They were running at a 13 or so on the stimp.

Had a shot at a 76 but got a little too agressive on 18 and hung my approach 5 iron about 8 yards out to the right and it caught the lake ended up with a double.

All in all it was nice to go out a play a tough course and shoot in the 70's on my first time playing the course.

Shot of the day - After I left my approach well short on # 9 had about a 30 yard bunker shot just flushed it with my 56* landed about 4 feet past the hole and spun back into the cup for birdie.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Ken McDonald G.C.

Rating- 71.5

Slope-125

6743 from the back tees

After a hour frost delay, finally got out to play, numb toes and all.

I shot a 79(41 & 38), my 2nd time breaking 80, and I had a stupid double bogey on a par 5 after being 45 yards away to hit my 3rd shot. I hit my driver HORRIBLE today but was pleased that I was able to recover from the poor tee performance.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

Played yesterday in northern Alabama at a wonderful course, Gunter's Landing, just southeast of Huntsville. Weather was great for late December, 75* with a pretty good breeze, but the course was a little wet, no roll out. Course rating is 71.2 and 134 Slope, at just over 6500 yards.

First time playing it and shot 76. Front side had 8 pars and 1 double on a sneaky par-3. Back side had 5 pars, 3 bogeys, and 1 birdie. Missed a lot of birdies opportunities, but rolling it on shaggy bermuda greens in the winter is my achilles heel.

Pretty good day overall for the 27th of December!

Played the TPC Scottsdale Champions course for the first time today with 2 other fellow Golfwrx'ers.

Shot 75 but had a really rough driving & putting day. Only hit probably about 4 fairways with one OB and missed about 5-6 five footers on the green.

Had the driver figured out a little bit on the last 3-4 holes and thinking about putting the Redwood ZB back in the line up for a change.

PING G430 LST 9°
PING G430 LST FW #3
PING G430 HY #2
PING G410 Crossover #3
PING i525 #5,
PING i59 #6-PW
PING Glide 4.0 50°, 54°, 60°
PING PLD Anser 2D, Patina finish

Played the TPC Scottsdale Champions course for the first time today with 2 other fellow Golfwrx'ers.

Shot 75 but had a really rough driving & putting day. Only hit probably about 4 fairways with one OB and missed about 5-6 five footers on the green.

Had the driver figured out a little bit on the last 3-4 holes and thinking about putting the Redwood ZB back in the line up for a change.

Umm ya your driver more than made up for it on 16

I was on the other end of that whooping fired off an 82 with a double on 18 and one other double. :black eye: :black eye: I played horrible on the par 5's ok on the par 4's and played the Par 3s at even par with a gir on each.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Umm ya your driver more than made up for it on 16

I was on the other end of that whooping fired off an 82 with a double on 18 and one other double. :black eye: :black eye: I played horrible on the par 5's ok on the par 4's and played the Par 3s at even par with a gir on each.

Lol yeah I really went after that one on 16, amazing what anger can do. And then of course I proceed to 3 putt for par on 17.

PING G430 LST 9°
PING G430 LST FW #3
PING G430 HY #2
PING G410 Crossover #3
PING i525 #5,
PING i59 #6-PW
PING Glide 4.0 50°, 54°, 60°
PING PLD Anser 2D, Patina finish

Lol yeah I really went after that one on 16, amazing what anger can do. And then of course I proceed to 3 putt for par on 17.

I forgot about that, that sucks lol. Its not too late to call in sick and play Wekopa tomorrow :partytime2: Well maybe it is now that I posted this :tongue:

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

71 today... Spring river golf course in roswell NM... just couldnt really avoid the bogeys and finally started making some putts, and played the last 9 with just irons and shot 1 under... i just need to find a way of getting more putts to fall or not make the mistakes... anybody know of any good books that could help with that... im kinda in a lul and need some help breaking into red numbers.... i just cant seem to find a way to shoot better than level par... ive read a couple of books and prolly need to re-read them, but would appreciate anything new... ive read bob rotella's golf is not a game of perfect, zen golf, and the new bob rotella book( i cant remember the name....)

Posted an 83 at Wekopa last week 70.7 rtg 135 slope 6603 yards played ok my distance control sucked with the irons, put way too much presure on the putter and I 3 jacked 5 times for bogies.

somewhere around 40 putts total :russian_roulette:

Played much better today shooting 78. I didnt get to warm up so started kinda slow with a 40 then played the back nine which was 400 yards longer than the front at +2 38.

Par 71(35/36) 6871 yards 72.8 rtg 131 slope. Short game was great, took the presure off the putter and had 26 putts today including 5 one putts and a chip in on the back nine.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

• 2 weeks later...

got in 9 holes today. sun shining....40* when I tee'd off.

i sucked off the tee...which is usually my strong suit. i'm talking every tee shot was off the heel. i only hit the center of the clubface 1 time. i was leaving myself stiff 5 wood approaches where i would normally have 5-6i. luckily...i was killing my fairway woods. first golf i've played in 3 or so months. i've lost my feel around the green but chipped in for bird on one of the par 3's. the greens are of course snail speed so putting was baaad. all told....+5 with a double. pretty ugly but i'll take it. now...that happens in May and we have a serious problem.

but the sun was shining and i was walking around a course with my bag, swinging sticks at balls in january in kansas city.

LOVE IT! Bring on Spring!

got in 9 holes today. sun shining....40* when I tee'd off.

i sucked off the tee...which is usually my strong suit. i'm talking every tee shot was off the heel. i only hit the center of the clubface 1 time. i was leaving myself stiff 5 wood approaches where i would normally have 5-6i. luckily...i was killing my fairway woods. first golf i've played in 3 or so months. i've lost my feel around the green but chipped in for bird on one of the par 3's. the greens are of course snail speed so putting was baaad. all told....+5 with a double. pretty ugly but i'll take it. now...that happens in May and we have a serious problem.

but the sun was shining and i was walking around a course with my bag, swinging sticks at balls in january in kansas city.

LOVE IT! Bring on Spring!

nice!! at least you got out. here in nj weather sucks!

Haven't played in over 2 years.
Still dealing with bladder cancer.I'm in the hands of the VA now.

• 4 weeks later...

Took advantage of a freebe round from golfnow.com and took the afternoon off work shot a decent round of 76 6785 yards par 71 71.3 rtg 123 slope. Kind of a dog of a course but the greens were ok and it beats the heck out of working. 30 putts on the day 9 gir and the short game sucked only 3/9 scrambling

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

• 2 weeks later...

Got out today for the first time in atleast 3 months (live in ohio).. 50*+ with 20mph winds gusting up to 30. I hit the ball pretty well considering the wind. Only played 9 holes. I managed to give myself par putts every hole... too bad I three putted them all!!! Left with a 49. I guess things can only get better. I hope!!

I try not too beat myself up too bad. This will only be my second full year of playing, but how can it be so hard to get the ball in the hole when it is so close!!! Frustrating!!!

Today I hit the ball poorly, plenty of ballooned fades, and shot 84. But it did include one great highlight: I holed a 118 yard wedge shot from the light rough for an eagle on a 549 yard par 5. :yahoo:

I've never made a hole in one on a full sized course and that was my longest holed shot in more than 3 decades.

I played the back 9 of the course I work at (A US Open Qualifying course) from the blues, I dont like the whites because I hit 3W off teebox too often. Even though it is MUCH easier to control, I play to hit the D STICK!!!!!

I had 5 pars on the 9, including the last 3 holes which (2 of which are #2 and #4 Hdcyp)..........................................................................

.................................................................................

and finished with a 43 :russian_roulette:

Now it was the first time I had broken 45 so it was a great round, but when you par 5 out of 9 holes and end up 7 over, well its disappointing.

First round of the season under my belt.

Par 71, shot a 6 over 77. I hit 9 out of 14 fairways, hit 13 greens in regulation, and had a record breaking (in a bad way) 37 putts!

Its not that I was hitting greens and I was miles away from the hole. Longest putt I had all day was 25 feet. Greens were just too fury and I couldn't get myself use to crushing the ball on the dance floors.

I also played much much smarter golf than I have in my life. Hit alot of 3 irons off the tees just to keep the ball in play, great strategy. Sure it puts a 8 or 7 iron in my hand instead of a gap wedge, but the distance control is so much better with those clubs (for me) than it is with the shorter sticks.

So, I'm very happy with where my game is at after not playing a single hole for 4 months.

[sign here]