2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

What'd You Shoot Today?

Gxgolfer

shot 76 today par 70 6337 yards 68.8 rtg 1 birdie 32 puts 6/8 up and down including 2/3 sand saves one 3 putt 10 gir 38/38=76

I know I should be happy with a 76 considering my handicap at 7, but maybe its that I expect more out of my game now. I had a good round working with the exception that I lipped out 3 birdie putts and 2 par putts. Even with that I was still one over on the back heading into 18. Then I made the fatal error of looking at the scorecard on 18 tee 143 yard par 3 should be a nice 9 iron easy par oh no I proceed to make double without a penalty stroke :black eye: . Once I get over these lame mental f ups my goal of even par seems reachable.

Edit: for those that say they never get paired with good golfers at random. The guy that got paired with me today shot a 71 he also doubled 18

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Shot a boring 82 today, I opened the round on the back nine with a 7 on a par 5, made GIR and then 4-putted. I was so jacked up on caffeine (Just drank a 3x latte) I slammed the ball from tee to green and then whacked it 6 feet past the hole each time. Haha :)

Went on to shoot two more double bogeys on the back and all the rest pars for a 42, then joined up with a twosome and shot a 40 on the front with all pars and bogeys. No birdies to be found today.

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

Played nine....shot 35 on a par 35 front

The course is an easy one and I left some shots out there.....oh well better luck next time!

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

75 with a 30 on the back so you can guess how horrible of a front nine i had!!!!!

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

75 with a 30 on the back so you can guess how horrible of a front nine i had!!!!!

Sweet recovery!

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Well here's the last 4 scores that I've shot. I played our county course a couple of weeks ago and shot an 87. Absolutely nothing went right on this day! This isn't even remotely close to being a championship caliber course either so I can't blame the course for being too tough for me. Just a horrible round. The clubs felt foriegn.

Next I go play in an outing with a friend of mine at Spring Lake Golf Club in Spring Lake, NJ. Never seen the course before this day and end up shooting 68! Talk about 2 different rounds! I won a closest to the pin as well as the gross overall. Won a nice bag for the gross that I traded for a couple of shirts and a bottle of Johnny Walker Red :bad: for the raffle and a box of Pro V1's for the closest to the pin. Not a bad day and a really nice course.

Next was one for the "Bucket List". Baltusrol. Played last Wednesday and if you're from the area you know it was cold and windy. Really windy! Now I know why the USGA has had so many championships here. This place is just perfect. To walk around in the clubhouse and locker rooms and see the history that's on the walls is about as good as it gets. The course was every bit as good as I though it would be. The conditions were absolutely flawless! Literally, not a blade of grass out of place. The greens were the fastest that I've ever played on. The Super said they were rolling at 14 for the day. Factor in the wind and the course from the tips (7400) and another 87 went on the card. But it was an 87 at Baltusrol! ;)

Lastly, I played this Sunday at Mercer Oaks East and shot 37-35 for an even par round of 72. 3 bogeys and 3 birdies. Absolutely beautiful weather for golf Sunday.

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

A stellar 35 putt :black eye: :black eye: :black eye: 79 today. Ball striking and driving was outstanding considering the wind was blowing about 25-35 mph today still hit 12 Gir and the 6 I did miss was by a total of about 15 yards short game 3/6 up and down. 2.166 putt per Gir :black eye: :black eye: :black eye: :black eye: :black eye: . Sad thing is I wasnt leaving my self 45 footers most of my approach shots were inside 25 feet I missed makeable birdie putts of 4,8,7,11,15,20 feet. Super slow greens just couldnt get used to them all day long. Well at least I know what I will be practicing this week.

Par 72 6675 yards 39/40

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

shot a 71 (-1) hit 9/14 fairways, 12/18 greens and had my usual 30 putts. went 34-37 on the two nines. solid 2 birdies and 7 pars on the front, little more excitement on the back with 3 birdies, 4 bogies and a par. It was cold yesterday with fairly gusty winds out of the northeast. First round this offseason with a toboggan. lol

Today it would be like more what I could post than what I shot

I hit 15 of 18 greens in regulation and had 36 putts and could post 77 with two birdies

Its hilarious I actually got it up and down once of the three greens I missed

Seriously got to the course about 830 and no one was there from my group in the next ten three guys I know showed up and we decide to just go about a quarter till nine

I hit no practice balls and maybe six putts . I knew I was in trouble I was in the mist of a major hangover

My bloodpressure was up and High BP gives me the yips

First hole I make par second hole I missed the green way left with a rescue club

tried a flop shot from a barelie skulled it into the woods over the green with my hangover that was enough X

par 3 4 and 5 Not sure how I was managing to make the putts

6 par five second shot over water splash basically I half topped a five wood then i chunked my wedge shot in the same water

X

I then birdied 7 and 8 parred nine

Ten I pulled a seven iron pitched it about five feet and made par

11 12 13 14 pars actually had several more nice birdie putts

15 16 17 3 putt bogeys none from longer than 25 feet

I missed about a six foot birdie putt on 18 to round out the round

the nice thing was I was back home by 1215 and I had stopped at the store

Now understand I hate X's and seldom do not finish a hole but I seldom play this hung over

just sayin

managed to completely self destruct this sunday to post 86 hit 0 fairways all day tee ball just sucked bad lost at least 6 strokes to penaltys incl stroke and distance :black eye: not a good day at all except I hit a couple nice 60* wedges inside 5 ft

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Played 9 today. It decided to sleet while i did so. Shot a 40 on the front. I find I hit more greens and fairways when the weather starts making things unberable. Could have been a better round if I could control my hands after losing feeling. On the last hole I didnt know if I was going to go left or right with it on my drive.

Regardless of the cold, it was nice to get some closure on the golf season.

Cobra Fly Z+ 8.5* w/ Diamana D+ 70x
Tour Edge CB Pro 14.5* w/ Speeder 757x
Mizuno MP-H4 2i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z+ 3i-5i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z Pro 6-PW w/ C-Taper 130
Callaway MD2 50*/S and 56*/T
Bettinardi Sabbatini Flow Neck Proto
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/145720-jakebarnes-witb-updated-828/page__hl__%20jakebarnes"]WITB Link[/url]

I shot a 38 on the front side with 2 birdies on first 3 holes.41 on the backside with 2 three putts.Local course that is in terrible shape, but it beats working.

I quit playing for around 15-20 years oh I might have played once or twice a year in that span.

I really took the game back up in April of this year after updating all of my outdated clubs.Since April I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 rounds in.So getting back to my high school & college playing days has been quite slow for these old bones..

Man how this game is humbling. In October I posted one round in the 80's with an 83 at Poppy Hills on freshly aerated greens, all the rest were in the 70's

November is a whole other ball game I cant score for sh*t. low 80's would be great right now. I was on track to play ok today trending for an 82 then it all went south once my ball hit a tree and vanished in thin air. I was 6 over going into 13 then blew up to shoot a 99 (before ESC) with an 8 and a 10 on the card :black eye: . I quit......... well at least for the next week. but hey I did not three putt once today :clapping:

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Man how this game is humbling. In October I posted one round in the 80's with an 83 at Poppy Hills on freshly aerated greens, all the rest were in the 70's

November is a whole other ball game I cant score for sh*t. low 80's would be great right now. I was on track to play ok today trending for an 82 then it all went south once my ball hit a tree and vanished in thin air. I was 6 over going into 13 then blew up to shoot a 99 (before ESC) with an 8 and a 10 on the card :black eye: . I quit......... well at least for the next week. but hey I did not three putt once today :clapping:

Oh boy did Matt had a rough day today; couldn't hit an iron all day, took about 9 holes to figure out the driver, and when he bombs it he'd catch bad breaks hitting through fairways or bad bounces into the rough. His wedges and putter really kept him in the game, but one can only take so much of the grind.

PING G430 LST 9°
PING G430 LST FW #3
PING G430 HY #2
PING G410 Crossover #3
PING i525 #5,
PING i59 #6-PW
PING Glide 4.0 50°, 54°, 60°
PING PLD Anser 2D, Patina finish

Oh boy did Matt had a rough day today; couldn't hit an iron all day, took about 9 holes to figure out the driver, and when he bombs it he'd catch bad breaks hitting through fairways or bad bounces into the rough. His wedges and putter really kept him in the game, but one can only take so much of the grind.

Hahahahaha thanks for that reminder on how I was hitting my irons :black eye: . Really wasnt a horrible round until I hit that tree. I think I found every side hill lie on the course. Anyways I am doing what I usually do when the irons go south, I got a 12:30 booked tomorrow at moutain shadows to work out the kinks with the swing. so much for taking a week off. At least I drained some decent putts, well except that 4 footer for birdie :black eye: Solid round you had Calvin low 70's???? I was too ashamed to look at the final card. Oh ya not all of us get lucky enough to hit a house and bounce back into play LOL. BTW the first smoked drive was on 6

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Shot 73 today. Par 71, rating 72.0 slope 130. Hadn't played in 3 weeks and was expecting to shoot about 82. Going through a swing change.

Weird round. 4 birdies, 4 bogeys, and a double bogey. 1 three putt. 26 putts. Greens were rolling about 9-10 on the stimp. The thing that was weird: Hit 6 greens. Short game was on. Missed a 3 footer when I 3 putted, but never missed anything else inside of 15 feet. made a lot of 4-5 footers. I also ran in a 35 footer and chipped in once too. I did have 3 times that I was on the fringe and could putt but didn't count those as a green hit.

Side note: We played 9 more holes after our round. I chipped in again for par when I HAD to make it to tie a skin. The guy that I tied the hole with even said that I would make it before I hit the shot. I'm usually a really good chipper and I make a pretty good amount of them, but I haven't chipped in twice in one day very often. I also hit the stick on another chip and it stayed out of the hole.

Played monday 81 par 71 6472 yards 70.3/123 striking the irons much better, now if the putter would work

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Back in the 70's again with a 77 striking the ball well today. I hit 7 of the first 9 greens in regulation and inside 15 feet on 6 of those, the bad news only made one birdie, lipped out 3 of them :black eye: . Got a little over confident on the back and only hit 3 gir then put the short game to work. Overall on the day 37/40 10 gir 28 putts 7 bogeys 1 birdie and 10 pars. I did manage to save bogey a few times after taking a drop from a lateral hazard just couldnt convert the birdies.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Backed up the 77 with my low round of the year today :partytime2:

Shot 73 39,+3 on the front, one under 34 on the back. Boy does that feel good to say.

Par 71 6213 yards. Ya I know its short, but there is an extra par 3 on the course.

12 gir 3 birdies 5 bogies 32 putts(14 putts on the back 9) with one 3 putt. 3/7 up and down. Played with a real solid group all of us finished below 76, pretty random for 3 people that have never met before. We got a round of applause on 17 from a group on the tee box over-looking our green as all three of us knocked our approach shots inside 6 ft including the one of the other guys who had is approach shot hanging on the edge of the cup. (all made birdie too).

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

• 2 weeks later...
Shot 70 today. Hit every green and 12/14 fairways. It was about 40 degrees and I haven't played since Oct. I hit the irons as good as ever, weird. Maybe I should take more time off??

or you should get off the ladies tee's and move back where you belong. :tongue:

Why would you rat me out like that??

Shot 70 today. Hit every green and 12/14 fairways. It was about 40 degrees and I haven't played since Oct. I hit the irons as good as ever, weird. Maybe I should take more time off??

or you should get off the ladies tee's and move back where you belong. :tongue:

Why would you rat me out like that??

somebody has to keep you in line.

I shot a friggin 84 today @ The Foothills in AZ :russian_roulette: . 1st time playing there and 2nd round played after my all time low of even and I think I kinda psyched myself out. It took me about 8 holes to snap out of it and realize what I was doing wrong but then a STUPID double on the front and back ruined it. I did have a nice 60 yard pitch in par save though so it wasnt all bad hahaha.

BTW, anyone in the PHX/Tempe/CHandler area, The Foothills is hurting for traffic so they have rates on golfnow for $20 and $29, a total deal right now.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

took the morning off work to play 18 shot 80 par 70 6376 yards rtg 70.1 130 slope. I struck the ball well just putted horrible 36 putts with 9 gir I couldnt make a 5 footer to save my life missed 5 putts inside 6 feet today :black eye: just couldnt get a feel for the greens then I just started overthinking everything. Oh well beats the hell out of working.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120