What'd You Shoot Today?

Gxgolfer

Needed a round like this. It wasn't clean and had its share of mistakes, but it worked in the sense that it redeemed my faith in my game.

Shot a 75 on a par 70 (+5)

A double and a triple (turns out you are supposed to keep the ball on the course as to the latter) along with three birds.

Major takeback point was that while location was off, the basic swing was there. Wedge game helped me scramble well enough today when the location was lacking and the flat stick saved a lot of pars in addition to one key bird.

Cobra Fly Z+ 8.5* w/ Diamana D+ 70x
Tour Edge CB Pro 14.5* w/ Speeder 757x
Mizuno MP-H4 2i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z+ 3i-5i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z Pro 6-PW w/ C-Taper 130
Callaway MD2 50*/S and 56*/T
Bettinardi Sabbatini Flow Neck Proto
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/145720-jakebarnes-witb-updated-828/page__hl__%20jakebarnes"]WITB Link[/url]

2 rounds this week. both in the mid 70's.

first complete round(s) in 2 months. two weeks ago i played 4 holes and lost 6 balls.

i am the jekyll and hyde of golf.

What up J & H ? Two rounds breaking 80 ain't shabby, and the mid 70's?.. :bb: :D

At least you're getting to play. :drinks:

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

^^^^^Congrats on breaking 100. I posted a 69 yesterday on a par 70. Two birdies an eagle 3 bogeys 16/18 gir 12/12 fairways with 34 putts. Could have been much better, but i could not take advantage on 2 of the par 5s making par instead of birdie. One 3 jack on a par 3 hurt too. Second round under par this year so it feels good

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

77 today 13/14 fairways 11 greens only one birdie 33putts including 2 dumb 3 putts. It has been months since i have 3 putted more than once in a round to. Really tricky greens though. And the one fairway i missed i had to take a drop but managed to save bogey. Course was 7209 yards 73.3 rating 136 slope

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

78 on a par 72 73.8/140 course after an evening of heavy drinking (tee time was 6:30 am) :) Should have been MUCH MUCH better, but unfortunately I decided to try to hit a draw off a severe sidehill lie and wound up hooking it about 50 yards OB. That was definitely an unforced error and a very unwelcome 8. After 42 on the front 9, I was actually 3 under through 6 holes on the back, but unfortunately decided to 3 jack one on 16 and play way too conservative on 17 and 18 which resulted in bogeys and an even par 36.
Oh well...

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

It is what it is. Two weeks ago in my club championship I shot 91 the first round and thought sunday should be better na,na... shot 97 and I'm a 7. This saturday shot 78 in a casual round and left birdie putts short. Competion will eat you up if your not ready.

Haven't played in over 2 years.
Still dealing with bladder cancer.I'm in the hands of the VA now.

[quote name='dr12 ' post='1862412' date='Aug 3 2009, 07:59 PM']It is what it is. Two weeks ago in my club championship I shot 91 the first round and thought sunday should be better na,na... shot 97 and I'm a 7. This saturday shot 78 in a casual round and left birdie putts short. Competion will eat you up if your not ready.[/quote]
Yeah, I can imagine. I seem to play better when I'm playing alone. I have a bigger choke factor when I play with the fellas or even if someone is sitting there watching me. It's amazing how the pros have so much focus with 1000s of fans crowding as close as they can.

[quote name='gtowngolfer' post='1783658' date='Jun 27 2009, 12:55 PM']shot 77 at a course that may host a major in the future. Its like 7500 yards with a course rating of 78.[/quote]

Please educate me on what course this is with a [b]rating of 78!?!?[/b] :beee: You're not playing @ Firestone South this week are you?

I didnt play today but yesterday. First round ever lol! I have been playing for a few months now but just practicing at the driving range and a couple practice holes at a practice facility I practice at.

91 from the tips- Somewhat pleased. My Driver lost me a stroke probably 10 times. I was hitting 100 yard pop ups, slices and everything I didnt want to hit. I topped my fairway woods but my iron play was very solid. I guess thats what I get for not hitting a wood in about a month due to only practicing irons for the last few weeks. I hit quite a few greens. I think I can get mid 80's if I work on my woods some more.

After a lackluster 79 83 last weekend i decided to play today and proceeded to shoot the a very disapointing 75 on a short par 71 plays 6535 yards from the tips 70.1 rating 131slope. 11/13 fairways 12 girs 30 putts. Disapointing part is I hit great drives on all 4 of the par 5s leaving all of them reachable with hybrid. I didnt hit a single one. Made one birdie out of 4 par 5s the rest pars. Should have made at least one or two more birdies. Also managed to botch the par 3 s at a nice plus 4 on the day.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Even par 72. Four birdies, four bogies. Very happy with the development of my game this year after my hiatus.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

73 today at vista verde. par 72 7219 yards 73.3 rating 144 slope. short game on fire all day 7/8 Up and downs all but one were kick ins. Iron game left a little to be desired 10 girs no real good looks at birdie inside 20ft. 29 putts on the day one 3 jack on the same short par 4 I have 3 putted each of the 3 rounds I have played here.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

I shot a [b]*89[/b], par 71 [b](*34[/b]/37). On the front I shot 42 and the back a 47. I had 3 lost balls on the front (water) and 1 on the back, (grass had not been cut in several weeks. I've seen rough shorter then these fairways, so just think how bad the actual rough was that i hit it into.

Had 11 puts on the front and 16 on the back. I did not miss a putt within 10 feet.
Short game was on fire.
Iron play was good
Driver I lost all confidence in it, it was all over the place. pull, block and fade one hole draw the next

Had an A$$ play my ball up, I think this is the 4th time on this same hole that someone has picked my ball up or played it. The first couple times I thought it was just me. Maybe my ball didn't land in the fairway. Maybe you hit the wrong fairway and played the correct ball. But when I see my mark on the ball and you hit it and get pissed at me for calling you out on it, dont catch a 3 iron upside the head. I'm starting to believe folks when the say Koreans are not trust worthy and very rude people, bad service and they think everyone is trying to pull a fast or get over on them.

[b]*Being that I took a free drop. If thats wrong I shot a 90 which means i shot a 43 on the front[/b]

Any ways that an ok score for me I would like to see it back down in the the mid 80's.

JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
Machine M6 Inspirer
50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='BENNYSUPREME' post='1892887' date='Aug 16 2009, 11:24 PM']I shot a [b]*89[/b], par 71 [b](*34[/b]/37). On the front I shot 42 and the back a 47. I had 3 lost balls on the front (water) and 1 on the back, (grass had not been cut in several weeks. I've seen rough shorter then these fairways, so just think how bad the actual rough was that i hit it into.

Had 11 puts on the front and 16 on the back. I did not miss a putt within 10 feet.
Short game was on fire.
Iron play was good
Driver I lost all confidence in it, it was all over the place. pull, block and fade one hole draw the next

Had an A$$ play my ball up, I think this is the 4th time on this same hole that someone has picked my ball up or played it. The first couple times I thought it was just me. Maybe my ball didn't land in the fairway. Maybe you hit the wrong fairway and played the correct ball. But when I see my mark on the ball and you hit it and get pissed at me for calling you out on it, dont catch a 3 iron upside the head. I'm starting to believe folks when the say Koreans are not trust worthy and very rude people, bad service and they think everyone is trying to pull a fast or get over on them.

[b]*Being that I took a free drop. If thats wrong I shot a 90 which means i shot a 43 on the front[/b]

Any ways that an ok score for me I would like to see it back down in the the mid 80's.[/quote]
I believe that the rules are, if someone other than your partner or caddie moves your ball, you can replace the ball where it was before without a penalty. Unfortunately, this happens a lot, and yes, I have done it myself. Not a good feeling, either.