Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

From what I read the software was made available to 100 people and then they showed that it was sold out.  I wonder if it is because people that did get it are having trouble getting the update to work.  So far today I have not heard anyone having it successfully download.  

hope they get that figured out. 

also, that Uneekor unit looked really great.  One less camera, but they seem to say club data with stickers.  

3 minutes ago, Dax279 said:

From what I read the software was made available to 100 people and then they showed that it was sold out.  I wonder if it is because people that did get it are having trouble getting the update to work.  So far today I have not heard anyone having it successfully download.  

also, that Uneekor unit looked really great.  One less camera, but they seem to say club data with stickers.  

Have it downloaded and installed but with no license key.  Apparently they are backed up.  Hope they email it before the weekend.

13 minutes ago, Dax279 said:

But they only sold 100 licenses.  It seems to be taking a long time with the activation codes. Sad that this was not an efficient rollout.  

Heard some are getting their licenses.  They must have to manually add it to your account and email them individually.  Efficiency unfortunately doesn’t seem to be a high priority as it took a couple days on with support to get my original FSX key after my GC3 arrived.  On the bright side downloading the software was done on site without having to go to hightail to download it.  Who knows maybe they will even have automatic release updates on this version…reach for the stars!  🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kwettig said:

Heard some are getting their licenses.  They must have to manually add it to your account and email them individually.  Efficiency unfortunately doesn’t seem to be a high priority as it took a couple days on with support to get my original FSX key after my GC3 arrived.  On the bright side downloading the software was done on site without having to go to hightail to download it.  Who knows maybe they will even have automatic release updates on this version…reach for the stars!  🙄

Hope you get your code soon and that my course is also able to get the update on our two FS sims as well. 

To me it’s a lot better the only thing I would tweak is I had to put up my data points and arrange them each time I played a different course it’s not a big deal takes like two mins but would be nice if I could save the things I want in the order I like them an maybe you can but I couldn’t find how to do it. Putting is 100 times better than fsx 2020 graphics are a upgrade but you know still stuff out there better but again I’m satisfied with the upgrade. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dax279 said:

Limited supply creates more demand. Similar to how they’re trickling out the BLPs and GC3s

• Like 1

8 hours ago, liltwigy said:

To me it’s a lot better the only thing I would tweak is I had to put up my data points and arrange them each time I played a different course it’s not a big deal takes like two mins but would be nice if I could save the things I want in the order I like them an maybe you can but I couldn’t find how to do it. Putting is 100 times better than fsx 2020 graphics are a upgrade but you know still stuff out there better but again I’m satisfied with the upgrade. 

What would you say is still better?

For me when I had a SkyTrak I just loved the concept an graphics of the TGC2019. Solely based of graphics and the course library. But what I love about the fsx software is the data of what I’m doing in my swing which is more important for me! I played pitch an putt and Torrey pines last night on fsx play an I have no complaints. Was to me a big improvement over fsx 2020.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, liltwigy said:

I received my activation earlier today. I had no problems everything ran smooth!

I don’t see where I download Paris…it says not purchased.  I’m assuming I need to activate it in 2020 like La Jolla but it’s not clear to me where it is.  Is yours working?

edit: contacted support and they were able to fix it quickly.  

Edited by kwettig
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 12:09 PM, Dallas said:

Is anyone else having an issue with the mouse hanging up when trying to use the FSX2020 software? Although I can use the software, the mouse becomes unresponsive periodically and will start back up after waiting about 15 seconds. If it helps, I am running FSX2020 on a Dell XPS with an Nvidia graphics card and 32gb of RAM.

I finally figured out that McAffee was running in the background even though I had it turned completely off. I deleted that crap and FSX works flawlessly now. Can't believe how much better it is now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My 30 day trial has ended. I used it at the range and it was still fun, but I like to deep dive into the numbers and am setting up a simulator. My kids are starting to want to use it and I’m sure as they grow older will use it more and more. 

So, I’m thinking about the full unlock over the subscription. I’d get all the features and won’t be losing money after 5 years (10 years with the silver) and getting more for that money than gold or silver. 

Any opinions/suggestions?

Ok have a little time on FSX Play now.  First thing…I have a desktop with Intel 11600KF processor, nVidia RTX 3060 graphics card, 16gb ram.  I thought this was a decent enough setup.  I get 40-60 fps in 4k on FSX 2020 on full graphics.  I’m getting 21 in FSX Play on full graphics, about 33 in the middle setting and 44 in the full performance setting.  It’s pretty unplayable for me on full graphics.  It runs fairly smooth on full performance though some holes and some flyovers drag down in the low 20s.  It seems to depend on the background and how much detail it has.  That said, the graphics are great.  It’s so much easier to see elevation changes and the shading and detail seem so much more realistic.  Love the upgrade of graphics but if I’m going to run it in 4k at full graphics I’ll probably need to upgrade to maybe a 3080 or something.  I think it would need to be at least 33% faster at a minimum so a 3070 would be minimum.

Other things I like are the general layout though I’d like to have the tiles on the left vertically but they don’t bother me at the bottom. They go away on shorter shots on and around the green which is nice.  They have a much better and more intuitive club selection.  You can put in your clubs, add the loft and the distance you hit them and it will usually automatically select the correct club for the distance you selected or have left.  I’ve played La Jolla(Torrey Pines), Butterfield Red/Green, and Pitch and Putt. They are all miles better graphically.

Some bad…the chase camera.  I think it’s perfect in 2020.  It’s just got a strange feel to it kind of like they made it different just to make it different.  Along this line, the physics…the bounces and reactions on the green are unnatural.  So much better in 2020.  There are a lot of things that don’t seem to work yet like auto putt.  Just gives me a one putt.  No gripe it’s early yet and it typically only use it on Pitch and Putt.  Some of the weather toggles don’t seem to do anything yet.  The customization and data could be great in the future but not much doing right now.

All in all I’m conflicted on whether I should’ve purchased the upgrade.  On the one hand the graphics are awesome and the interface is clean and neat but the options and customization aren’t really there yet.  I think in the future it will be a great software if they develop it to have more of the physics and options of 2020 with the graphics and clean interface of Play.

Some pics from La Jolla Pines.

Hole 3 FSX 20206804ED37-69F1-424B-A00C-A58EB17A7AB6.jpeg.e3b7ce8e4f6539950adb1125bc620cce.jpeg

Hole 3 FSX PlayF7F7DDB2-FED2-4CC1-8AA6-C9354BD10C4E.jpeg.eed98537f355dca64c4402641cab59d0.jpeg

Hole 13 FSX 20200CC8A6BF-3391-4F8D-BFE4-743473D0847A.jpeg.06828bad0065f997e3a3b5de0f401de0.jpeg

Hole 13 FSX PlayACB094AD-CB62-42DC-BDFE-5877628BCCD4.jpeg.ac79a219d7f0f984613e365596cc78b2.jpeg

It may not show well through pics but there’s a huge difference in how much more this looks downhill in person.  Definitely the best part of the graphics upgrade.

I couldn’t really tell a whole lot of difference between Full Performance and Full Graphics but the grass detail was missing.  The trees were missing a little shading too. Still far ahead of the graphics of 2020.

Full Performance FSX Play4BC2E9FE-EB7A-433A-B0D2-7F6E4D2A4ED5.jpeg.138cf7a18a784a4a76197c161f8f811d.jpeg

Full Graphics FSX PlayB3C663A1-565F-4F7C-A23B-02C3B466EA4A.jpeg.1e0e1fabb507320110d867ce1f219974.jpeg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, kwettig said:

Ok have a little time on FSX Play now.  First thing…I have a desktop with Intel 11600KF processor, nVidia RTX 3060 graphics card, 16gb ram.  I thought this was a decent enough setup.  I get 40-60 fps in 4k on FSX 2020 on full graphics.  I’m getting 21 in FSX Play on full graphics, about 33 in the middle setting and 44 in the full performance setting.  It’s pretty unplayable for me on full graphics.  It runs fairly smooth on full performance though some holes and some flyovers drag down in the low 20s.  It seems to depend on the background and how much detail it has.  That said, the graphics are great.  It’s so much easier to see elevation changes and the shading and detail seem so much more realistic.  Love the upgrade of graphics but if I’m going to run it in 4k at full graphics I’ll probably need to upgrade to maybe a 3080 or something.  I think it would need to be at least 33% faster at a minimum so a 3070 would be minimum.

Other things I like are the general layout though I’d like to have the tiles on the left vertically but they don’t bother me at the bottom. They go away on shorter shots on and around the green which is nice.  They have a much better and more intuitive club selection.  You can put in your clubs, add the loft and the distance you hit them and it will usually automatically select the correct club for the distance you selected or have left.  I’ve played La Jolla(Torrey Pines), Butterfield Red/Green, and Pitch and Putt. They are all miles better graphically.

Some bad…the chase camera.  I think it’s perfect in 2020.  It’s just got a strange feel to it kind of like they made it different just to make it different.  Along this line, the physics…the bounces and reactions on the green are unnatural.  So much better in 2020.  There are a lot of things that don’t seem to work yet like auto putt.  Just gives me a one putt.  No gripe it’s early yet and it typically only use it on Pitch and Putt.  Some of the weather toggles don’t seem to do anything yet.  The customization and data could be great in the future but not much doing right now.

All in all I’m conflicted on whether I should’ve purchased the upgrade.  On the one hand the graphics are awesome and the interface is clean and neat but the options and customization aren’t really there yet.  I think in the future it will be a great software if they develop it to have more of the physics and options of 2020 with the graphics and clean interface of Play.

Thank you so much for your breakdown and the pictures. I have the same gaming card with an i7 and 16gb but it’s in a laptop do you think this will be sufficient on full performance I’m not to concerned with the full graphics settings. Do you have a laptop or a desktop? Also I am playing this on a 4K tv I am not planning on projecting this on a projector anytime soon. 

Edited by Leftybombs

9 hours ago, kwettig said:

Along this line, the physics…the bounces and reactions on the green are unnatural.  So much better in 2020

That’s something I noticed watching the golf simulator videos YouTube review. Was hoping it was just a fluke from that video. Looking forward to hearing more about your experience. Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leftybombs said:

Thank you so much for your breakdown and the pictures. I have the same gaming card with an i7 and 16gb but it’s in a laptop do you think this will be sufficient on full performance I’m not to concerned with the full graphics settings. Do you have a laptop or a desktop? Also I am playing this on a 4K tv I am not planning on projecting this on a projector anytime soon. 

I’m on a desktop.  You can always drop the resolution in the FSX Play software to 1920x1080 and it should work fine especially on a smaller screen.  I think the laptop 3060 will struggle in 4k even in high performance.  I’ll play around with it a bit more but if I recall correctly dropping to 1920x1080 I got about 60-70fps vs mid 40s in 4k.  1080p looked fine on the projector but on that big of a screen it just gets a little fuzzy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kwettig said:

I’m on a desktop.  You can always drop the resolution in the FSX Play software to 1920x1080 and it should work fine especially on a smaller screen.  I think the laptop 3060 will struggle in 4k even in high performance.  I’ll play around with it a bit more but if I recall correctly dropping to 1920x1080 I got about 60-70fps vs mid 40s in 4k.  1080p looked fine on the projector but on that big of a screen it just gets a little fuzzy.

Perfect this actually helped me a lot! Keep posting your helping us all out here. 

13 hours ago, kwettig said:

Some pics from La Jolla Pines.

Hole 3 FSX 20206804ED37-69F1-424B-A00C-A58EB17A7AB6.jpeg.e3b7ce8e4f6539950adb1125bc620cce.jpeg

Hole 3 FSX PlayF7F7DDB2-FED2-4CC1-8AA6-C9354BD10C4E.jpeg.eed98537f355dca64c4402641cab59d0.jpeg

Hole 13 FSX 20200CC8A6BF-3391-4F8D-BFE4-743473D0847A.jpeg.06828bad0065f997e3a3b5de0f401de0.jpeg

Hole 13 FSX PlayACB094AD-CB62-42DC-BDFE-5877628BCCD4.jpeg.ac79a219d7f0f984613e365596cc78b2.jpeg

It may not show well through pics but there’s a huge difference in how much more this looks downhill in person.  Definitely the best part of the graphics upgrade.

I couldn’t really tell a whole lot of difference between Full Performance and Full Graphics but the grass detail was missing.  The trees were missing a little shading too. Still far ahead of the graphics of 2020.

Full Performance FSX Play4BC2E9FE-EB7A-433A-B0D2-7F6E4D2A4ED5.jpeg.138cf7a18a784a4a76197c161f8f811d.jpeg

Full Graphics FSX PlayB3C663A1-565F-4F7C-A23B-02C3B466EA4A.jpeg.1e0e1fabb507320110d867ce1f219974.jpeg

GC3, right? Or unlocked BLP?  I thought I saw someone bought FSX Play with an unlocked BLP.

On 1/27/2022 at 9:01 AM, wareagle902 said:

Could have sworn they said it was a free upgrade when it came out?  

did see it said not compatible with BLP but guessing that’s just subscription. That it would work on BLP if you bought the software/ fully unlocked version. 

They did to multiple people. I really hope we can have folks screenshot those emails. It’s a downright lie.