2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

12 hours ago, JCP22 said:

This new FW has been great. Picks up ball very fast and everything seems accurate. 

Yes it’s super fast.  New version of FSX Play is very quick too on USB connection.  Hit 180 shots last night and zero problems.  St. Andrew’s looks great on FSX Play.  Only issue I had was on the tee shot on the last hole on Pitch and Putt the camera was weirdly angled toward the ground otherwise zero issues.  Forgot to try the new cameras in FSX Play…was too excited to have it run as good as FSX2020 I guess.  Very happy with this combo!

• Like 2

Did spin #s go up for anyone after the recent firmware release?  I’d say they were crazy low for me then since I got the new firmware they’re way up. 

I did cut my shaft down about a 1/3”, put on a new/ slightly bigger grip and added 4g to the head to keep the SW the same. Don’t know why that would change the #s so dramatically. 

Swing speed, ball speed etc basically the same. About 113/165 hitting 1 deg up. Slight draw. Before it was showing under 2000 spin pretty consistently now it’s 3000+. 

3 hours ago, wareagle902 said:

Did spin #s go up for anyone after the recent firmware release?  I’d say they were crazy low for me then since I got the new firmware they’re way up. 

I did cut my shaft down about a 1/3”, put on a new/ slightly bigger grip and added 4g to the head to keep the SW the same. Don’t know why that would change the #s so dramatically. 

Swing speed, ball speed etc basically the same. About 113/165 hitting 1 deg up. Slight draw. Before it was showing under 2000 spin pretty consistently now it’s 3000+. 

I'd check to see if strike location has changed, you might be hitting the ball lower on the face with the shorter shaft.

• Thanks 1

Any thoughts on this new firmware release vs what I have currently? I’m reluctant to update because have heard horror stories about error codes, reboots, etc with certain releases but not sure which ones are stable. My current firmware works decently well. However the barometer doesn’t seem to work. It keeps reading 15 feet below sea level and 117F. Fortunately I don’t live in Death Valley but maybe my BLP does 😁 I’ve just turned it off. 

Any one using this release would appreciate your input. 

thanks. 

F9568355-0F88-473D-8C1B-29EC531223B6.jpeg

19 minutes ago, check4spin said:

Any thoughts on this new firmware release vs what I have currently? I’m reluctant to update because have heard horror stories about error codes, reboots, etc with certain releases but not sure which ones are stable. My current firmware works decently well. However the barometer doesn’t seem to work. It keeps reading 15 feet below sea level and 117F. Fortunately I don’t live in Death Valley but maybe my BLP does 😁 I’ve just turned it off. 

thanks. 

In my opinion this is the best, most accurate, most stable update yet.

Fear not!

On 7/9/2022 at 7:59 AM, jamgam said:

You guys have me confused a little so I'm going to ask

I bought the Bushnell and then did the Gold Lifetime because of the sale

Are you guys using FSX Play or FSX Subscription?  My unit says unlocked when it turns on

Once you unlock, you download fsx2020 and will need the activation code provided when you upgraded (you can always view later too, DM me if you need help finding).

2020 has some extra features subscription does not, so you’ll want to migrate over. 

On 7/10/2022 at 8:22 PM, whumber said:

I'd check to see if strike location has changed, you might be hitting the ball lower on the face with the shorter shaft.

Did some foot powder on the face and was hitting them pretty square.  Was doing a lot of max speed swings before so maybe the #s were wrong before.  Pretty sure they were cause the distance and super low spin didn’t seem right but figured I was getting close to low/ optimal now it’s showing super spinny and definitely not optimal distance. 

I finally had my first “issue” with my unlocked BLP.

I took it out to the driving range yesterday and could barely pick up any shots. Then I tried hitting off the mats on the range. It registered every hit. Then I hit some off tees on the grass. Again, registered every shot. So, then I hit more off the grass. Now it didn’t capture any…

I realized when your driving range grass is nearly rough length, the BLP will have a hard time finding the ball and registering hits. Obviously, I need to either join a better golf course or I’m entirely justified now in building a full sim at home.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, JDCON said:

I finally had my first “issue” with my unlocked BLP.

I took it out to the driving range yesterday and could barely pick up any shots. Then I tried hitting off the mats on the range. It registered every hit. Then I hit some off tees on the grass. Again, registered every shot. So, then I hit more off the grass. Now it didn’t capture any…

I realized when your driving range grass is nearly rough length, the BLP will have a hard time finding the ball and registering hits. Obviously, I need to either join a better golf course or I’m entirely justified now in building a full sim at home.

Until the build is complete bring a weed whacker 

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2022 at 11:28 PM, check4spin said:

thanks. 

Yeah this FW has been the best and actually making me like the unit more and more. 

• Like 1

I wish I would’ve bought this BLP/GC3 years ago.

Video lessons, training aids, instructors… I couldn’t shallow the club.

Within 30 minutes of setting up my unlocked BLP, I was consistently having a +3 club path. Being able to feel the correct motion with instant feedback is invaluable. My handicap went from 8 to 3. Also, I now hit the most beautiful sweeping snap hooks into the left trees or block it right.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JDCON said:

Within 30 minutes of setting up my unlocked BLP, I was consistently having a +3 club path. Being able to feel the correct motion with instant feedback is invaluable. My handicap went from 8 to 3. Also, I now hit the most beautiful sweeping snap hooks into the left trees or block it right.

Similarly, I was interested in shortening my swing, but was concerned regarding a potential drop in ball speed.

40 min later in the sim, shortened swing, more center contact, better numbers and most importantly I have the DATA to prove it’s the correct change.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, kiddoc said:

Similarly, I was interested in shortening my swing, but was concerned regarding a potential drop in ball speed.

40 min later in the sim, shortened swing, more center contact, better numbers and most importantly I have the DATA to prove it’s the correct change.

I would previously rely too much on video and what I thought looked right. Now I know what’s right based on the real, measurable data. As someone who works in data and technology, it’s a dream. Love it!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JDCON said:

Data is king. If you combine good data points with video... *chef's kiss*

I tried to research this thread, but it’s size is massive at this point.

I was trying to download the latest patch, but my WiFi setting is set to ‘OFF’ and the screen will not allow me to turn it on.

I recycle the monitor and left it on for an extended amount of time, but I do not have the option of selecting ‘ON’. 

Anyone else experienced this?

3 hours ago, SollyinGA said:

I tried to research this thread, but it’s size is massive at this point.

I was trying to download the latest patch, but my WiFi setting is set to ‘OFF’ and the screen will not allow me to turn it on.

I recycle the monitor and left it on for an extended amount of time, but I do not have the option of selecting ‘ON’. 

Anyone else experienced this?

I have not seen this. Have you tried connecting it to the internet by plugging it into an ethernet connection?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, whumber said:

I have not seen this. Have you tried connecting it to the internet by plugging it into an ethernet connection?

I just tried it and it worked fine.

I was able to update the firmware. Afterwards, I tested the WiFi connectivity successfully as well.

Appreciate the help!

Edited by SollyinGA
  • Like 2

Hi everyone, have been following this chat since last year. All the feedback has been super helpful!

Finally got my GC3 here in Spain last month, just use it with my iPad but loving it so far..

Just a couple of quick questions:

- my barometer shows below sea level. Is there any option to manually correct this? I don't have FSX2020 or Play installed.

- I just saw the other day a product video on the (European) Foresight website where the camera angle of FSX Pro on an iPad actually follows the ball through the air (seconds 10-12 of this clip https://foresightsports.eu/lp/gc3/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=Foresight%20gc3&utm_campaign=Search-Brand&gclid=CjwKCAjwquWVBhBrEiwAt1Kmwl_Su4h8-tPy5ChIpd0cr3u8RX4TZ_Lanp9DRnb0gOr4h73E3TEWmBoCT_QQAvD_BwE). All I can do is change between the different static camera angles and the movement is limited to the classic red tracer line. Has anyone been able to activate this? Or is this just the desktop version, which they show on an iPad to make it look fancier?

- when using the unit stand-alone, is there a way to load the session later in FSX Pro? The session (date, number of shots, duration, etc.) does show up in the summary of my FSX Live account, but I'd like to access the details of the ball/club parameters

Thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated

Fairgrounds is avaialble now for GC3/BLP - only annoying thing I've encounters is it doesn't use your room setup so If you are hitting directly into the center of your screen you are good otherwise it's not nearly as immersive when the ball hits the screen.

https://twitter.com/ForesightSports/status/1549167862098509824

Does the Foresight Canada store ever get the refurb/demo GC3 deals? (or something like 4th of July -- [err I guess insert Canadian Holiday] deal pricing promotion?) $6k US ~= $8k CAD which is definitely more palatable...

...annnnd are they serious about $200 shipping on a $11k product through the official store???  

https://www.par2pro.com/ at least offers free shipping... or is it something that a rep can waive? (Given their software pricing model, I'm thinking no). Curious about any Canadian buyers' experiences.

1 hour ago, r.yan163 said:

Does the Foresight Canada store ever get the refurb/demo GC3 deals? (or something like 4th of July -- [err I guess insert Canadian Holiday] deal pricing promotion?) $6k US ~= $8k CAD which is definitely more palatable...

...annnnd are they serious about $200 shipping on a $11k product through the official store???  

https://www.par2pro.com/ at least offers free shipping... or is it something that a rep can waive? (Given their software pricing model, I'm thinking no). Curious about any Canadian buyers' experiences.

When I purchased my GC3 from Foresight Canada back in February, they charged me $100 for shipping.  Not sure if the price of fuel increased by 100% since then!