2024 The Memorial Tournament WITB Pics & New Titleist GT woods ×

Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

STANDINGS WK. 9                     WK. 9 RESULTS                    %

NCL         22-10                                     2-1                                    68.75

P48         22-11                                      3-0                                   66.67          

P3P         21-14                                      4-2                                    58.62

G1            13-12-1                                  UNK.                                 52

DOC       15-15                                       1-2                                     50

Q             18-19                                       0-4                                    48.65

CH          17-20-2                                  0-2-1                                45.95

LP           11-18-2                                    2-1-1                                37.93

• Thanks 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Well I am making my way to my favorite abode. And here's some more stats.

3 weeks      1-12

5 weeks      17-5

3wks. of to many lost 4th quarter big leads, like Pitt., up 10 inside 50 with 6+minutes left. Yeah lets fumble and Bears can run it back for TD 🙃. And missed 3 pushes by 4pts.   Etc. Etc. Etc.  Mild rant over. Have a good week everyone. 

• Like 3

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

11 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

Some big spreads this week, not quite as big as turning 60, but still big in a small sense.  I remember when I thought 60 was ancient, now it doesn't feel as ancient, but Touch, make no mistake you didn't walk with dinosaurs, but you did see the good bands.  I celebrated Touch's impending milestone with a trip to his old haunts in Vegas.

So let's keep it in the desert this week... to a point.  So, the production values of Vegas are over the top, and we know that.  We saw a show of overblown production which left this fat guy a little disappointed.  I have always like Gwen Stefani, and particularly liked No Doubt years ago and thought, why not go see her?  There were dancers, there were stairs, there were costume changes, it had everything Vegas is about.  I didn't think the sound system was great, and she was really quite good and fun.  Know what else is over-produced?  The KC malaise.  I just see KC heading to Vegas, not seeing Gwen, not seeing Shin Lim or Cirque du Soleil.  I just see them winning by a field goal or more.  KC and giving the points.

What is King of Pain?  Is it Touch turning 60 and trying to use the bathroom?  It could be, he hasn't indicated as much.  Or, is it about his upcoming colonoscopy to celebrate this milestone?  So much pain to endure.  For a funny experiment, I encourage you all, when it is your time, to weigh yourself just before you start the intestine clearing cocktail and then weigh yourself just before you leave for the procedure.  The results will be eye popping, and a little funny.  I am taking the big spread in celebration of a big milestone.  AZ over the hapless Panthers.

My one loss this week was So Lonely, and thankfully Boswell came through with a Message in a Bottle (SOS).  In a completely different type of Vegas show, Sting played and the sound system was really good.  It was essentially a concert.  Not so overproduced and the songs were well produced, he was very respectful of his musicians and introduced them twice, made some small talk in between songs and it was an excellent show.  No costume changes or running around for Sting, just straight up Police songs and some of his newer stuff since the Police.  It took me back to 1983 for a few songs when I was about 20 rows back for the Ghost in Machine Tour in the Steel City.  Well, PGH plays DET, and give me the under.  Just not a lot of offense is going to happen so I think the spread is too great.

All this from a critical thinker who just happens to know Joe Rogan...

Mr. Montana, how about you receive from me a thank you, a laughing face, and a like regarding your weekly picks post from this morning. It was quite an enjoyable read. My take is that Live Music is something you are very passionate about and have been since a teenager. I bet somewhere back in time you wrote reviews for some publications after attending live shows, no? 

How was the food? May I ask were you ate?

Did you avoid the 120 minutes in the john "party time on hold folks" experience this trip to Sin City?

Was there the smell of weed at both shows? and which strains did you detect?   😄

Yeah I hit a milestone birthday yesterday and at 60 things are supposed to slow down even more and yes new physical ailments are probably coming my way, but for today my report for the doctor's is...........

Bathroom:

All my Urological and Rectal plumbing works as efficiently as it did when I was in my early 20's thank you. 

Bedroom:

My equipment is still firing on all cylinders and no men's pill is needed. 

but sadly the hair loss rate has accelerated. 😕

Congrats on your getaway to Vegas to see multiple concerts P3P.

Your depiction of Vegas past and/or present is always spot on. Love it. 

At least there were no stinky hippie's at these shows.   😛  

I can talk a little Sting myself.

It's coming up. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs   Super Stroke Wrist Lock 

Play was pretty slow today. We waited a few minutes for the group to clear in front of us over each shot on the back 9. The special weather brought out a ton of golfers. During one of the delays Mike hands me his phone with this to read. I howled and knew it was getting posted here tonight.

Kind of has a P3P wrote this vibe to me.

😄

1109211306a.jpg

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

STANDINGS WK. 9                     WK. 9 RESULTS                    %

NCL         22-10                                     2-1                                    68.75

P48         22-11                                      3-0                                   66.67          

P3P         21-14                                      4-2                                    58.62

G1            13-12-1                                  UNK.                                 52

DOC       15-15                                       1-2                                     50

Q             18-19                                       0-4                                    48.65

CH          17-20-2                                  0-2-1                                45.95

LP           11-18-2                                    2-1-1                                37.93

Really digging the percentages too Q.  Thanks for making the standings look more unique, ya know the Q way!

👍

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CHuntsman said:

So this happened…

E9AE9B25-4C3B-4D59-A976-FE26E473A5DD.jpeg

Right on CH. 💥

You go from I hope I don't embarrass myself to hoisting the goods!!! 

Now in a few days might we get a recap of the round? Perhaps a few of the key savory shots by you might need to be heard by us? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, puttnforthe8 said:

Atlanta  +9 1/2  - Dallas stinks!  Atlanta can ball and play with anyone - way too big a line

Tenn -3   - Tenn is for real 

Kansas City -2 1/2  - seriously! KC less than a FG - will take that no matter what. 

Tenn is so for real. Look who they have beaten this season. The Titan's have to be in the discussion to maybe win the entire AFC.  Saying this without the services of King Henry is a tad astounding.  They were good last year and made a strong playoff push so they are indeed solid and proven.

Like all your picks Mr. Lizard on a Hot Streak. 

• Like 2

Scorpio Horoscope Today & Tomorrow | Scorpio Daily Horoscope 2021

Edited by touch

.       for Q. 

Edited by touch

Signing off while listening to King of Pain, by far my favorite Sting/Police song. 

I had a blast playing in exceptionally warm fall air over the past two days, and that was the birthday present I wished for most. 

recaps coming 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

I thought it was a kind gesture of Mrs. Vanderbilt to send me a birthday card.

You stately brunette you. Very tall but still gets solid votes from me. 😆 

Building Biltmore Forest: 52 Weeks, 52 Communities – Buncombe County  Special Collections

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Week 10   Lines for picks

Thursday night

Baltimore -7 1/2            at            Miami                          46 1/2

Sunday 

Jacksonville                  at            Indy -10 1/2                  47 1/2

Cleveland                      at           New England -1            45 1/2

Atlanta                           at           Dallas -9 1/2                 53 1/2

Buffalo -13                    at           NY Jets                         48

N. Orleans                     at           Tenn -3                         44 1/2

Tampa -9 1/2                at           Washington                   51 1/2

Detroit                           at           Pittsburgh -9                43

Minnesota                     at           LA Chargers -2 1/2      52

Carolina                         at           Arizona -10                   44 1/2

Seattle                           at           Green Bay -4                50

Philadelphia                  at            Denver -2 1/2               45  

Sunday Night 

Kansas City -2 1/2       at            Las Vegas                      52

Monday Night 

LA Rams -4                  at             San Fran                        49 1/2 

• Like 2

Our Week 10 Selections 

P3P                        Pitts/Det Undr            Arizona                          Kansas City    

P48                        Atlanta                        Tenn                               Kansas City

STANDINGS thru WK. 9             

NCL         22-10                                    

P48         22-11                                          

P3P         21-14                                      

G1            13-12-1                                

DOC       15-15                                      

Q             18-19                                     

CH          17-20-2                                 

LP           11-18-2                                  

Edited by touch

11 hours ago, touch said:

I thought it was a kind gesture of Mrs. Vanderbilt to send me a birthday card.

You stately brunette you. Very tall but still gets solid votes from me. 😆 

File:Cornelia Vanderbilt, the bride to be, and Miss Sue Dresser, of N.Y.,  niece of Mrs. Geo. W. Vanderbilt, right, waiting at station for guests to  arrive for the wedding. Biltmore LCCN2016893420.jpg -

Building Biltmore Forest: 52 Weeks, 52 Communities – Buncombe County  Special Collections

1109212221.jpg

Wow everyone stopped when they were supposed to. Amazing !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Otay will get this out. Two others coming later. 

RAVENS       -7.5          x2

Don't think their going to mess with this game. Pitt. only one game out. I see a blowout of the fish. Squish the fish time. 

• Like 4

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

24 minutes ago, CHuntsman said:

Oh yea, right on! I think the storylines leading up to our tee time are worth a write up.  Pour yourself a nice pint, glass of red or a rocks glass w/some Maccallan 25!!

Lets flash back to Friday.  I am on my way back from Panama City to my office which is roughly 1hr north of Atlanta in Gainesville, GA.  I had to make a stop at our distribution warehouse to pick up a reel of cable for my guys for the following week just slightly north of ATL.  I got stuck in god awful ATL Braves parade traffic. Which was the fastest parade in all of parades. Some say it was faster than an F1 pitstop. 😂  I made my way to the warehouse and loaded the (Huge) reel of cable into my work van.  Off to the office I go to unload for my guys.  I get to the office and everyone is gone for the day.  It is 5:30 on Friday evening and not a soul in site to help me muscle this reel up from my van onto our loading dock.  I thought of a great idea, ill do it myself.  WRONG!!!! I got it half way hoisted up and realized I had zero chance of getting it up to our loading dock.  Then it happened, SNAP!  The weight of the reel was too much and my right thumb bent all the way back and what felt like it touched my forearm.  Holy hell did that hurt!  It just so happens there was someone upstairs at our office who saw the whole thing on our surveillance cameras.  They came down and we finally got the reel up and I headed to the house.  Got home and instantly threw a bag of frozen corn on my throbbing thumb. Went through the weekend with it hurting pretty bad.  Wasn't swollen but very sore with little movement.  I tried swinging a club on Sunday and it went so so.  Then we get to tournament day.  I wake up and go outside and hit a few balls over into the pasture that's next to my house.  It wasn't terrible but did sting a bit.  I make the drive to the course, self medicating along the way.  Smoke em if you got em, right??  I get checked in grab my goodie bag and lunch and head to my cart to get a little range session in.  I see the big boss man over at my cart so I give him a wave.  He waves and then throws a golf ball about 20 yrs in the air for me to catch.  I'm completely caught off guard but the only thing in my mind is catch the damn ball. Mind you, I'm in a parking lot with nothing but G-Wagons and Teslas. Oh, and my KIA Optima Hybrid. 😂 I channeled my inner Webster Slaughter and made the tip toe catch saving all the posh vehicles in the parking lot.  I notice a bit of pain and I look down to see I have now popped a blood vessel on my left pinky.  So now here it is 10:30 and I have a broken blood vessel on my left pinky and a right thumb that's hard to move.  I grab a couple tees and head to the range.  My first drive was a chili dipper up Lee Jansen's arse...My second drive I completely topped about 5 yrds ahead of me.  I hear a gentlemen in the back say "Boy its gonna be a long day for him!"  You could probably see the steam coming out of my ears at this point.  At that point, I was disappointed in the injury's and walked over to the boss to explain what happened on Friday and today with the pinky.  He says don't worry about it, we are here to have a good time.  Here's a stogie I brought back from the Virgin Islands.  At that point, I was just there to enjoy myself and have a good time and not worry about how I play because I have no expectations now. We made it out to our first hole.  We were team 16B so 16A tee's off.  While they are teeing off, bossman says lets light those stogies.  I grab mine and take it out of the glass cylinder and spark it up.  When they say things happens in threes, they weren't lying.  I go to put the glass cap back on and BOOM.  Its happened again.  The glass cylinder shatters in my hand and I slice my already hurting right thumb.  At this point its time for us to tee off.  I'm bleeding like a stuck pig.  I cannot get it to stop bleeding.  I had some tape in my bag but that didn't help, not one bit.  I hear, "Huntsman, you're up." Sigh, the time has come.  Its time to put the tee in the ground and make the first competitive swing of the day. We had a drive in play so the pressure wasn't on me.  I get up there and stare down the dogleg left 546yrd par 5, blood is dripping from my thumb onto these beautiful manicured tee boxes.  BOOM!!!!!!!! I striped that sucker 250+yrds with a nice draw. We had about 280+yrds in so we all laid up.  We had 100yds in and we all hit decent approach shots to the green. We had about a 20' for birdie.  I walk up to the greens and they are pristine, I mean pristine.  There's something about the cup when they paint the lips white that just make the cup look huge for me. I mentioned that I love when the lips are painted white to my group.  They just kind of laugh.  First 2 guys lag one down there and give us our gimme.  I step up there and drain our first birdie of they day.  I said to them, I told you I love when they paint the lips white.  We had about 30' from just off the green on our 2nd hole.  212 yrd par 3. First two guys missed and they said don't worry, the lips are painted white.  Almost kind of mocking me.  I casually walk up there get my line, DRAINO!!!! We are now two under through 2 and your boy cant miss a putt.  I wont go hole by hole as time wont allow but when I tell you I made probably 8 or 9 putts over 20', I am not kidding.  It was unbelievable.   Several of my approach shots were within 2' kick ins.  I am not kidding you when I say this was my best round of ball striking in my 35yrs of golf.  I knocked a 6i from 175yrds to within 16" on the hole-in-one hole sponsored by Hennessey Lexus.  The shot of the day though belonged to my playing partner and vendor Alan.  218yrd par 3 he steps up with a hybrid and hits it decent but its hooking towards the left side of the green.  It hits short, and takes a huge bounce right with much speed and starts up the hill towards the pin.  It passes the pin by about 20' and goes up a little backstop, comes down off the backstop to within I'm not kidding you 4" of the pin. We all just laughed along with the group behind us as they were watching as well. I am still baffled on how I played such great golf for the things that occurred leading up to teeing off, I really am.  I drove the ball exceptionally well, my irons were on point, and usually my biggest struggles are with the flat stick.  It really was a great day.  I smile so big whenever I see that 1st place trophy sitting in my office.  I hope those wankers who gave me sh*t on the range were there at the ceremony to see me hoist the trophy!!!

"Two thumbs up for toughing it out CH. Why don't ya drop by for some wine."

bats.jpg

• Like 3

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

CH, Cap City C.C. looks like a really nice course. The photos make me think it played pretty firm and fast no? 

CH baller story man loved that not only did you win you won in style.

P3P ever the musician and the aristocrat with the English language loved the Vegas recap.

NCL my Tar Hill brother with the killer recap on a gnarly Cleveland driver and review to boot.

Q man facepalm, just a facepalm. No comment.

doc the resident in dept football guru, those breakdowns & predictions very intriguing and informative.

P48 doing his best ballroom blitz impersonation, the man in the back ready to attack, W streak red as the sun.

mich commish 5 years out from Medicare eligibility, sponge baths and looking like a walking prune is like a dog in he never stops chasing tail. 

Miss you goobers job and life have indeed gotten the best of me but I will have picks, life recap and more participation. As NCL once said some G1 is better than no G1. 

Defiantly more to come... stay tuned. 

• Like 3

Monday we played Cleghorn Golf and Hunt club near Rutherfordton, NC (50 minutes southwest of the AVL )and Cleghorn was the site of the first North-South golf challenge. Remember this was an event the jester created to make his birthday round unique. Representing the North team was Dr. B and LP, the Asheville boys, and Mike and Carl from Landrum, SC made up the South team. We played low ball for the team/match play scoring. 

Par 71

6203 yds

75* and sunny with only a light breeze.  

Doc an I arrived with plenty of time for some warm up. Things seemed fine on the range. We then spent 15 minutes rolling some putts. Fairly undulated greens comprised of Bermuda grass that were running about 10.5 were the conditions we found. 

Two fairways, two missed greens, and two failures to get it up and down out of the gate resulted in a two bogey start for me. Doc went par, bogey. The South was up one after two as Mike made two pars to start. On the third hole a par 3 I hit my first green and two putted from 25 feet to snag my first par. I then got back on the bogey train for the next two holes. 4 over after five for the birthday boy. My lines with my irons were off early plus I struggled to figure out the speed of the greens. I was a bit short on some putts and 3 feet by on others. Unfortunately I was unable to find any rhythm or flow to my game early in the round. I was a bit concerned that the promoter of the event was going to make a bunch of bogey's and post a score some where in the mid 80's.   Doc B. was making pars that answered the South team's pars so we were not ever more than one down, yet I had not contributed a thing through 5 holes. On hole 6 things began to turn around for me. For the remaining 4 holes on the front I made pars. Two of the holes saw me hit middle irons out of the tame rough into the green and two putts later had pars. On the other two holes I missed both greens but had decent pitches in close and made the par saving putts. Doc B. and I both shot 4 over 39's. Mike shot a 37 and Carl also had a 39.  There was yet to be a birdie in the foursome. As we made the turn the North team was still one down. 

I did feel that some kind of turn around had happened by finishing the front 9 with three pars. I often do not play well on courses I am not familiar with so I knew that work had to be done if I was to avoid getting back on the bogey train for an extended ride on the back 9. I had not been down to Cleghorn in over a year and had forgotten just how big and beautiful a golf course it was. The playing conditions were ideal. I got lucky 3 times on the back. Two drives that I thought ran into the trees and would be lost (due to some severely banked fairways) ended up being just in and both times the lies were decent. My other lucky break came when I tugged a hybrid approach into a creek and was sure it would be rinsed. Nope it hit a rock at just the right angle and bounced up onto the collar. It was November 8th so I got a little help.  

Nobody made any birdies and on each hole two of the players tied with pars on the first two holes on the back. North team still one down.  I tugged a drive on 11 that went behind a bush. I had to bend a 5 iron rather severely to have a chance at catching the green. It turned out to be my best long iron shot in over a month. Missed the 10 footer naturally to tie the match. Actually the best long iron shot in quite a while was surpassed the next day at Tryon. tba  On the par 3 12th the group all made 3's. On the #1 handicap hole number 13 a par 4 I three putted for bogey. Doc had my back and we halved the hole. 14 is an uphill bending to the left medium length par 5. Flushed a drive, nutted the 3 wood, and then hit my 6 iron steeply uphill carrying a cluster of big bunkers in front of the green to 3 feet. Made it for my only birdie on the day. I was now even on the back and the match was now tied. On 15 I went pin hunting and just missed on the short side. I found myself in my first bunker of the day. The color and consistency of the sand was nothing like the stuff I see in my 7 course rotation. I delivered a beauty from medium range that looked like it would drop but lipped out, but still a nice par save. Mike was making pars and Carl was making bogeys at this point with 3 to play. The doc's game left him during the finishing holes.  16 is a downhill par 3 of 163 yards. I pushed my 6 iron bad that still ended up on far side of the widest green on the course. Dr.B rinsed his tee ball. Mike was 25 feet. I looked over an seventy or so footer. I took a few practice strokes and some confidence wave took over me. It was the only putt on the day were I felt I got this. I let her go and that monster long putt stayed on a nice line the entire way. It did not drop but came to rest 4 inches in front of the cup. I made a 3. Mike missed his birdie and also made par. Match all square through 16. On 17 Mike, Carl, and I made pars. 18 is a severely downhill par 5 that ends with an slightly uphill approach shot over a pond with a steep bank in front of the green (last photo). I hit a big drive into the middle of the fairway and then had a choice to make. Go for it with a prayer shot to hit the green from 215, or lay up and give myself the best shot at making par and see if that might be good enough to win the match for the  North. There was not much time wasted deciding which shot I was to play. Under pressure, carry over water 210+ on a unfamiliar course? Naw I'll pass. I calculated just how far I had to hit a wedge down the fairway to have it come to rest on a flat spot at the bottom of the hill. It was to be an 81 yard shot with about 20 yards of run out factored in. Got it, and also got the next shot, an 8 iron from there to 15 feet. Mike hit his second up by the green and chipped it to 12 feet. We both missed our birdie bids. Mike tapped his shorty in. I misread the line of my first putt by two balls and left myself a 4 foot downhill slider coming back for par. It was also a left to right putt...great 😞  As I got over the putt I filled my thoughts with you practice and play a good bit so now is the time to exude confidence and make the proper stroke. The touch was there and it dropped. I let out a big audible sigh. Mike says you were sweating over that one weren't ya? Indeed I was my brother indeed I was. The match ended AS. Somehow when I felt for much of the round starting out that I might have a multiple bogey or worse filled round I was able to right the ship (with many fortuitous breaks) and post a good score. 75 on my 60th. 

More importantly I kept it together at a time when my partner unfortunately was of no help. Doc and I ham and egged them in the end. It was the birthday magic of course and we didn't lose so there must be a.................

North v. South Part 2 

I enjoyed a fantastic afternoon playing golf on the day I turned sixty years of age.   

commish was joyous 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Our Week 10 Selections 

P3P                        Pitts/Det Undr            Arizona                          Kansas City    

P48                        Atlanta                        Tenn                               Kansas City

Q                            Baltimore 

Week 10   Lines for picks

Thursday night

Baltimore -7 1/2            at            Miami                          46 1/2

Sunday 

Jacksonville                  at            Indy -10 1/2                  47 1/2

Cleveland                      at           New England -1            45 1/2

Atlanta                           at           Dallas -9 1/2                 53 1/2

Buffalo -13                    at           NY Jets                         48

N. Orleans                     at           Tenn -3                         44 1/2

Tampa -9 1/2                at           Washington                   51 1/2

Detroit                           at           Pittsburgh -9                43

Minnesota                     at           LA Chargers -2 1/2      52

Carolina                         at           Arizona -10                   44 1/2

Seattle                           at           Green Bay -4                50

Philadelphia                  at            Denver -2 1/2               45  

Sunday Night 

Kansas City -2 1/2       at            Las Vegas                      52

Monday Night 

LA Rams -4                  at             San Fran                        49 1/2 

Another blondie spike coming to the Tour in a few years perhaps?

Little Poults takes a big step.

1636638006905.jpeg

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

In a recent issue of GOLF Magazine, Arccos, which has accumulated a trove of on-course data, shared how many greens in regulation its users hit over a certain time frame. Five handicaps average eight greens in regulation per round, while 10 handicaps average six GIR per round and 15 handicaps average four or five a round.

And, in case you were wondering, Cameron Smith is the current PGA Tour leader of greens in regulation by hitting 80.56 percent, and the Tour average is about 13-14 greens in regulation per round. Those two numbers might not be realistic for you, but now you know what is.

chart-3.jpg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, greenemachine said:

CH baller story man loved that not only did you win you won in style.

P3P ever the musician and the aristocrat with the English language loved the Vegas recap.

NCL my Tar Hill brother with the killer recap on a gnarly Cleveland driver and review to boot.

Q man facepalm, just a facepalm. No comment.

doc the resident in dept football guru, those breakdowns & predictions very intriguing and informative.

P48 doing his best ballroom blitz impersonation, the man in the back ready to attack, W streak red as the sun.

mich commish 5 years out from Medicare eligibility, sponge baths and looking like a walking prune is like a dog in he never stops chasing tail. 

Miss you goobers job and life have indeed gotten the best of me but I will have picks, life recap and more participation. As NCL once said some G1 is better than no G1. 

Defiantly more to come... stay tuned. 

Like a guy who makes a comment, then says no comment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4