Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

^ would a try with a 13* degree driver help in getting more elevation? A shaft with a lower kick point?  Ever experiment with either? 

Edited by touch

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

1 hour ago, touch said:

There you have it. The final numbers for the year from Q. 

Doc was on fire during the playoffs and was trying to lap the field. 

G1 won the combined and finished again in  first, that's two contests in a row.

P48 won the regular season.

And the commissioner escaped the basement. 

Nice  work gents. 

Thank You Sir Touch for all of the nice color and being a steward of this blog  

Job Well Done! Thanks go out to the Q man for the due diligence in the stats department Job Well done Sir!  

I made a bunch of bets on the game and they edged out positive over negative, a bunch of log shot bets did not hit but they were for less cash so the ones I hit were bigger bets like L.A ahead at the half on the money line.  I also had Beckham with a TD catch and LA wins the game so that was nice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, touch said:

^ would a try with a 13* degree driver help in getting more elevation? A shaft with a lower kick point?  Ever experiment with either? 

Oh no, it already is 10.5.  When I get it sorted out, it launches at 13* but when I am making the change I overcompensate with the sole purpose of hitting the bejeebers out of that white orb.  I go through this about every 2-3 years as I go back to the crappy P3P and then fight to get back to where I want to be.  Then my HDCP drops back down into the 1-3 range where it sits for a couple of years and then it rockets back up to 5-6.  One of the reasons I like the game.

I should also pass along many thanks to Touch and QQQ for taking care of us during the football season.  It was a pleasure to come online, toss around some jokes and catharses in the form of picks for the past 4 months.  I can't imagine I wouldn't be back to defend my middling finish.

Hit them long and straight, have a little puff or pull on the bottle, and take care of yourselves during the summer.  Peace, and congrats to GreeneMachine on the win, Puttin4the8 (best golf moniker on this site IMO since I have known to do it) on second, and DoctorO who consistently outperforms the majority of us in all things NFL.  Remember, safety is no accident and nothing good happens after midnight.

• Like 3

On 2/13/2022 at 8:03 AM, touch said:

My heavens, that's the size of one of those mini souvenir baseball bats you get at the stadium.   😅 

Nice and uniform twist job.   

Yes I wore my Browns sweatshirt. 🙌🏽

Edited by CHuntsman
  • Like 1

Enjoyed another year of this thread. Abeit per usual to fast. Hope all is well enough for everyone and '22' rocks. Will see most of you over at hackers paradise deluxe. And will leave you with something feline for absolutely no reason at all. 

so-mischief-and-mayhem-it-is.png

i-shouldnt-has-taken-walk-on-wild-side-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo.jpg

images.jpg

15c786f6c2fc91268e976196b912fda2.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Predictions from the D.O.C It's like dis and like dat...

NFC East

Dallas they choke in the playoffs but will try and squeeze out Zeke aside and bring Pollard in the fold.

May part ways with Cooper and draft another solid Wr for Prescott

Eagles might challenge for crown but Cowboys have just enough to win a mediocre but improving division while the season unfolds.

The "Derrrrs" should make a huge effort to get Deshaun Watson. I mean with all the crap happening there, who is going to care if a sexual deviant wins a Super Bowl with them??? He will clean himnself up, and act upstanding and be laser focused to prove he is on the level. Raise the level of our offense like a Faang stock in the new millenium. Big Ben won a Super Bowl with the Steelers and we all looked the other way when he retired as a distinguished baller in the NFL. Let them play the game. Jocks are Jocks. Ladies stay away from the bars they get plastered in. This is the mentality most have when it comes to a product that makes so much revenue.

NFC

North 

Minnesota new coach, great pass game and prolific RB. Can elevate level of play with geat draft

Detroit might win a couple of more games this year but still have a ways to go 

I am gonna say Green Bay is still the favorite

Da Bears not there

I will take Minnesota

NFC South

Saints with new coach are risky, but Jameis comes back. One would think they make every effort to resign him.  Their defense is top 5 They would have been in the playoffs and might have done some damage.

Tampa could be right there even without Brady with someone like Bridgewater or Jimmy G? Does Fournette come back? If he does goodbye Roanld Jones. Wheels up for Keyshaun Vaugn if they don't draft another RB.    What happens if Arians can lure Rodgers or Brady unretires? 

Roll them bones and pick the Saints I beleive in Famous Jameis!

NFC West 

Not sure what is happening in the Desert, but Murray seems like he has a hard time with the rumor mills.  

Maybe he gets it together and Arizona picks up another big play wideout because D Hop is getting older, Fitz is gone and other than Kirk and Edmonds they are average at best

Rams are going to implode about right now, let the retirement ceremonies begin for Whitworth, Donald, good bye Beckham, and what about Robert Woods is he still a thing there?  

Does Seattle keep Wilson or pull off a blockbuster deal?  I think Wilson might want a trade but they might still keep him.  He will never come to Washington with this lame duck owner. His wife better be a helluva an executive, based on what I have seen with the name game I am not impressed.

This brings me to one of my favorite teams in the NFL 

The Niners 

The Trey Lance era is about to begin and set back and enjoy the ride

Taking the Niners to win the Division

The AfC 

The AFC is Qaurterback central

AFC East will be a much improved division up and down 

I think all teams stocks either stay about the same or rise from the bottom

Jets are still the Jets more than likely they will still be in last place but should start wininng more games 

Dolphins are the enigma, what do they do? They hire Mike McDaniel and I love the hire

He will bring that Shanahan coaching knowledge to the organization, a players coach, I think they will be a hard pounding ground team and do they stay with Tua or draft another young gun? They have Jaylen Waddle which is a good place to be.  I can see Mike Mcdaniel plucking a solid bell cow running back in the draft taking pressure off of Tua 

That said I think Buffalo with Josh Allen still is the class but who knows what Belichick is going to do in the draft and free agency this year.

I will take a risk and say 

Patriots this year for the division

AFC North

Ravens will take the crown this year

I think people will write off Lamar Jackson and Cinncinnati will suffer a small

hangover from the Super Bowl

Ravens must stay healthier than they have over the last 2 years

Steelers might have to say hello to the era of Jimmy G but they have their eyes on Malik Willis in the draft

Cleveland is on the hot seat. QB is an issue

AFC West 

Where to begin here just so much to process

No time for that

KC was in it at the end a hot Cinncy team snuck up on them in the second half 

The Chiefs are still the better team and the best team in the AFC 

The Chiefs become a battle tested team and bulk up their defense in the off season

Chiefs win the West

Chargers and Herbert might contenders but I am not sure what their offseason will be

The Raiders will need to pick up the pieces and build off a very inpsirational season, they could be the ones to dethrone the Chiefs if Carr stays put

Broncos are a solid team but have some needs like a QB that is not hurt after just a handful of games.  I can see them emerging next year if they sign a dependable signal caller

AFC South

Jacksonville might have had their best case scenario just happen with the hire Doug Pederson will do for Trevor what he did for Nick Foles and Carson Wentz made then into decent system Qb's

I can't wait to see if the Jags rise from the ashes like the Eagles did with him at the helm

Texans still might be hurting next year, but they played gamely and might have unlocked a decent starting QB

Indy needs to decide on the future of Wentz and their team with the right QB could win it all with their incredible yourn RB and decent defensive line

Titans will still need to strenghen their pass defense and rush defense a bit more and Tannehill would be a decent game manager during the season, but he is no playoff QB. I put him in the Jimmy G, Kirk Cousins, seasonal Qb's who have allergies to the big games.  

Still taking the Titans to edge out Jacksonville and Indy in a much closer race than people think

Titans win the South

AFC Conference Champs will be a Division winner this year not a wild card

NFC sticking with the Niners 

AFC Champ Patriots will lose to the Niners in the big dance

I will saddle up to the Patriots and Niners 

There is another Gold rush in Cali and that will happen as the Niners continure their domination of the once in a Lifetime confluence of big free agent signings and blockbuster trades with crappy teams.  

Shanahan found his bell cow Rb and Lynch will continue to build up depth on the defense.

Niners take it all next year with Trey Lance!

• Like 2

May be an image of 6 people, people standing and text that says 'Here's a sneak peak of next year's Super Bowl halftime show for all you complainers কককਮ 品'

• Haha 3

On 2/15/2022 at 5:28 PM, doctoro said:

NFC South

Roll them bones and pick the Saints I beleive in Famous Jameis!

Wait, I thought I was the only believer in Crab Legs.   Right on ! 

Thank you doc, that was well done sir. A thorough breakdown of what doc thinks might play out next season. I believe it should go on one of the first few pages of the new thread in the fall. It can't do anything but help those of us that never see the top of the standings. 😅  Think like doc thinks and improve. 

Doc 19-5 in the playoffs!    Dude was on fire. 💥  

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, doctoro said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CaDdahOp4bX/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Joe Burrow came really close to a big win

He might just break that streak

I sure hope he is the first first timer to break that streak doc.  Great video. Thanks for the share. That young man is very special. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, doctoro said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CaDdahOp4bX/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Joe Burrow came really close to a big win

He might just break that streak

I deciphered the dialogue in that video. To Aaron Donald and Von Miller “please don’t kill me”. To Eric Weddle “you’re really old”. 🤣😜

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 1

It was 37* with 15-25 mph winds today in the AVL. The sun was out but that did not help. We had two foursomes of Twenty-somethings walk 18 starting at noon. They had lunch with drafts in the men's grill beforehand. I headed out before their red faces came off the course. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 11:25 PM, TiScape said:

I deciphered the dialogue in that video. To Aaron Donald and Von Miller “please don’t kill me”. To Eric Weddle “you’re really old”. 🤣😜

Random aside.  We talked 49er football and Debo - and Chapman high school.  Remember this name. DJ Black.  He’s a senior at Chapman now. I’m at a track meet where chapman and my kids school is running. 
DJ Black just ran at. 10.20 into a strong headwind for the 100m.    Kid has a motor. This was nearly half second wind for sure.  Watch for him to be a standout. He’s committed to USC for football and track following Debos path.  

it’s unreal the doors that Debo has opened for some of these kids here. They’re training harder , and have the scouts coming to them.  Opposite of how it was pre Debo.  

• Like 3

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

56 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Random aside.  We talked 49er football and Debo - and Chapman high school.  Remember this name. DJ Black.  He’s a senior at Chapman now. I’m at a track meet where chapman and my kids school is running. 
DJ Black just ran at. 10.20 into a strong headwind for the 100m.    Kid has a motor. This was nearly half second wind for sure.  Watch for him to be a standout. He’s committed to USC for football and track following Debos path.  

it’s unreal the doors that Debo has opened for some of these kids here. They’re training harder , and have the scouts coming to them.  Opposite of how it was pre Debo.  

That’s awesome. Thanks for saying “following Debo’s path”. I would have been looking for him at the University of Southern California! Haha

22 minutes ago, TiScape said:

That’s awesome. Thanks for saying “following Debo’s path”. I would have been looking for him at the University of Southern California! Haha

Lol. Sorry. I’m used To Saying usc out here. And Its understood as “ the usc “.  Afterall  it was USC first !  Ha!  ( 1801 I believe ). But yes The Gamecocks of South Carolina !  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

5 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Lol. Sorry. I’m used To Saying usc out here. And Its understood as “ the usc “. After all it was USC first! Ha!  ( 1801 I believe ). But yes The Gamecocks of South Carolina !  

KNEW that was coming! 😂 And it’s exactly the same here in the opposite way. Say USC it’s understood it’s the University of Spoiled Children AKA the USC Trojans! Haha. But yeah, you guys were def 1st.

Edited by TiScape
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TiScape said:

KNEW that was coming! 😂 And it’s exactly the same here in the opposite way. Say USC it’s understood it’s the University of Spoiled Children AKA the USC Trojans! Haha. But yeah, you guys were def 1st.

You knew I had to do it. Technicality is the only claim to it ….lord knows we haven’t won any football titles. Yet. I hope I live long enough to see it once.  I like our new coach , so we shall see if he builds a Dabo like program.  

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock