Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

Super Bowl Picks 

P3P    -       LA Rams       the total goes over        LA at the Half      Rams 35 Cincy 28 

CH     -       LA Rams       the total goes over         LA at the Half      Rams 31 Cincy 24

P48  -        Cincy              the total goes over        LA at the Half      Cincy 27 Rams 24 

LP   -         Cincy              the total goes under      LA at the Half      Cincy 24 Rams 23 

Q    -          Cincy             the total goes over     LA at the Half         Cincy 26 Rams 24 

doc            LA Rams      the total goes under      LA at the Half     Rams 23 Cincy 18 

NCL          LA Rams       the total goes over     LA at the Half     Rams 44 Cincy 15

G1        ????????????????????????????????????

LA Rams -4 1/2      v.    Cincinnati Bengals                48 1/2 

STANDINGS              WK1      WK2      WK3       PLY.OFF.         %

G1        68-37-1              8-1         2-4        4-2           14-7             64.76

P48     58-33                 5-1          1-3        2-1              8-5             63.74

DOC    54-37                 5-3         5-1         4-0           14-4            59.34

P3P     56-40                5-1          2-3         2-1             9-5             58.33

NCL     44-37                5-3          1-3         0-6            6-12           54.32

CH       49-45-4           3-6          3-1         1-2             7-9              52.13

LP        49-49-2            5-4         4-4        0-5             9-13           50.00     

Q          49-51                 4-2          1-5         2-3             7-10           49.00

PLAYOFF STANDINGS

DOC           14-4

G1               14-7

P3P             9-5

P48             8-5

CH               7-9

Q                  7-10

LP                9-13

NCL            6-12

bscnt                 3-0         

TS                      2-1 

Edited by touch

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

I have been trying to wean myself from the NFL teat and stay away from all the Super Bowl hype.  It has been difficult but I am feeling good about moving on.

In order to play our little Pigskin Pick-em game correctly and move up the standings, I should probably go "against the grain" (shoutout to The Dan Patrick Show's former Danette McLovin) and come up with some Bengal BS but I cannot do this.  The Bengals O-Line gives up too many sacks and the Rams will hurry, harass, and harangue Mr. Burrow all game.  They have only scored 5 TD's in the playoffs and 1 was when LV quit after the whistle and while their 12 FG's are nice it ain't going to be near enough.   

"Who Dey" becomes "Blue Day" as the Rams win big in a rout.

LA Rams

Over

LA at the half

LA 44-15

The Bengals have a QB named Burrow

Who oozes much swag for a young pro,

Around his neck he sports bling

But his finger will see no ring

For the Rams will stomp on his ego.      

Edited by NCLancer
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, doctoro said:

Hollywood Bombshell

And whom can forget this famous scene from Fast Times at Ridgemont High that devastated male teens everywhere.

2a19165ac9d7a3e8d7ab3cf7be200201.gif

• Like 3

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

P48 and Q, you two are with me on the Bengals side. How about meeting up for a pop with the other Cincy fans?

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Madden says....

Madden Super Bowl predictions 2022: Video game projects Bengals vs. Rams to  come down to last play

On 2/9/2022 at 2:58 PM, Qqq123xx said:

And whom can forget this famous scene from Fast Times at Ridgemont High that devastated male teens everywhere.

Don't forget about me.

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Wow we got sidetracked with females again. Now where were we? 

11 hours ago, NCLancer said:

I have been trying to wean myself from the NFL teat and stay away from all the Super Bowl hype.  It has been difficult but I am feeling good about moving on.

In order to play our little Pigskin Pick-em game correctly and move up the standings, I should probably go "against the grain" (shoutout to The Dan Patrick Show's former Danette McLovin) and come up with some Bengal BS but I cannot do this.  The Bengals O-Line gives up too many sacks and the Rams will hurry, harass, and harangue Mr. Burrow all game.  They have only scored 5 TD's in the playoffs and 1 was when LV quit after the whistle and while their 12 FG's are nice it ain't going to be near enough.   

LA Rams

Over

LA at the half

LA 44-15

You may be spot on NCL but I so hope you are not. I am thinking that Cincy will only try quick routes so that J.B. will have the ball gone before the Rams D line gets in his face. Slow steady small chunks. I worry that Cincy won't have success running the ball with Mixon against that stellar defense, and there might not be the time like you say to see many deep ball fireworks out of Burrow's arm. I see the Bengals drives stalling often and them settling for FG's. This is why I like the under.  But if it's in the 4th quarter and the Bengals are still in it, then my money is on number 9 finding a way to win the big one.  Let's hope it is competitive.

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Aaron signed autographs for some kids after golf. 👍

May be an image of 10 people, people standing and outdoors

10 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Let me know! I’ll meet you there. 1st round I’m me 😊

Cali man on the scene!  💥 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Super Bowl Picks 

P3P    -       LA Rams       the total goes over        LA at the Half      Rams 35 Cincy 28 

CH     -       LA Rams       the total goes over         LA at the Half      Rams 31 Cincy 24

P48  -        Cincy              the total goes over        LA at the Half      Cincy 27 Rams 24 

LP   -         Cincy              the total goes under      LA at the Half      Cincy 24 Rams 23 

Q    -          Cincy             the total goes over     LA at the Half         Cincy 26 Rams 24 

doc            LA Rams      the total goes under      LA at the Half     Rams 23 Cincy 18 

NCL          LA Rams       the total goes over     LA at the Half     Rams 44 Cincy 15

G1        ????????

LA Rams -4 1/2      v.    Cincinnati Bengals                48 1/2 

12 hours ago, NCLancer said:

LA Rams

Over

LA at the half

LA 44-15

I agree 100%  Took the Rams but will be rooting for the upset

If the pick is wrong I am still a happy camper

12 hours ago, NCLancer said:

• Thanks 1

One fine winter day. 

It was fantastic weather for golf today in the AVL. I intended to tell y'all this evening how it went on the hills of BFCC this afternoon, but I have been posting things here and there already so I will wait until I have a more energetic mind.  

58* with abundant sunshine and a 5 mph breeze out of the west.  

Just soaking up the warmth for hours was Lucky LP. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, TiScape said:

When I saw touch’s post about where the Bengals fans were meeting up in Manhattan Beach and seeing the corresponding pic… I think to myself. Can you imagine coming from Cincinnati to that and then having to go back to Cincinnati???  😣 

82E5A713-89DF-413C-9EEB-0CC87E4EB90E.webp

7BEBA3BD-6737-4433-9901-9C16CEB04E5B.jpeg

The only problem with that scene is the fans in SoCO are not real fans.  Only because the Super Bowl happens to be there. They can't even draw fans to playoff games.  Cinncy has die hards, they will live and die with that team every Sunday.  How many Rams fans are willing to do that?  It might always be sunny in SoCo but I will take a cold snowy day in CInncy and a room full of howlin fans for my gameday experience any day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doctoro said:

The only problem with that scene is the fans in SoCO are not real fans.  Only because the Super Bowl happens to be there. They can't even draw fans to playoff games.  Cinncy has die hards, they will live and die with that team every Sunday.  How many Rams fans are willing to do that?  It might always be sunny in SoCo but I will take a cold snowy day in CInncy and a room full of howlin fans for my gameday experience any day.

I agree 100%, but will add this caveat.

Cincinnati has the Bengals and the zoo, and for a delightful experience they can drive down to KY and shovel horse crap if they can get through the gates to the estates along the road.

LA has nightclubs, surf, mountains, DIsney (hour away), Universal, Hollywood Blvd, Walk of Fame, Venice Beach, great golf courses, and sunshine.

If I lived in Cincy I would be a Bengal fan, for sure.  If I lived in LA I would be a fan of all things but the Rams because there is just too much to do.

This is objectively how I see it.

Subjectively, I couldn't stand to watch the Bengals unless I had to and if Lawrence McCutcheon isn't running the ball, I ain't watching the stinking Rams either.  If they meet in the SB, I will take a deep breath and watch, though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, touch said:

You may be spot on NCL but I so hope you are not. I am thinking that Cincy will only try quick routes so that J.B. will have the ball gone before the Rams D line gets in his face. Slow steady small chunks. I worry that Cincy won't have success running the ball with Mixon against that stellar defense, and there might not be the time like you say to see many deep ball fireworks out of Burrow's arm. I see the Bengals drives stalling often and them settling for FG's. This is why I like the under.  But if it's in the 4th quarter and the Bengals are still in it, then my money is on number 9 finding a way to win the big one.  Let's hope it is competitive.

Burrows is very mobile though so thinking a lot of sprint outs, QB draws, mixed into game plan, especially couple at start. 

• Like 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

As LP stated above, yesterday was a nice break from the "wintery" weather here in North Carolina.  We teed off at 2PM with full sun, about a 10 mph wind and 58 degrees.  As the sun lowered about 5PM it did get a little chilly on the back 9.  I should have switched to a heavier 1/4 zip at the turn!

Walked, front 9 was not busy and we flew.  Back 9 was quite busy and we invited a single behind us to join us on the 11th and he turned out to be a former co-worker of Mrs. NCL at Duke Hospital so they had a nice time reuniting.  He's a bit over 70 and was great to play with and talk to.

Shot a 91 (45-46) from mixed tees about 5500 yards.   37 putts (5 3 putts🤬), 11 of 14 fairways hit with those 3 misses all just in the rough.  Recently traded in my Cleveland XL Lite driver for a Ping G and liked the results.  I hadn't played in a month and the rust showed but hopefully we will get back to the course more often with better weather ahead.      

• Like 4

5 hours ago, doctoro said:

Talking about the locations. Not the football fan scene. But to each their own! Stay warm and I’ll enjoy the sun and beach! 😜

But to your point. Yes, the fans are more die hard in Cincy… I mean, what the heck else you gonna

do there?! 😂 

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 1

Now that brought a chuckle. Bob Cat the thread creator of the 60's and 70's music appreciation thread just posted the same black and white photo of Bailey and Loni that received so much air time here with us. 

• Like 1

Super Bowl Picks 

STANDINGS              WK1      WK2      WK3       PLY.OFF.         %

G1        68-37-1              8-1         2-4        4-2           14-7             64.76

P48     58-33                 5-1          1-3        2-1              8-5             63.74

DOC    54-37                 5-3         5-1         4-0           14-4            59.34

P3P     56-40                5-1          2-3         2-1             9-5             58.33

NCL     44-37                5-3          1-3         0-6            6-12           54.32

CH       49-45-4           3-6          3-1         1-2             7-9              52.13

LP        49-49-2            5-4         4-4        0-5             9-13           50.00     

Q          49-51                 4-2          1-5         2-3             7-10           49.00

PLAYOFF STANDINGS

DOC           14-4

G1               14-7

P3P             9-5

P48             8-5

CH               7-9

Q                  7-10

LP                9-13

NCL            6-12

bscnt                 3-0         

TS                      2-1 

Edited by touch