Vessel VLS or VLX

Mikey PHP

I’ve been contemplating on getting myself a Vessel stand bag. Can Vessel (VLX or VLS) golf bag users help me out please. I want to get a bag that can

- fit a driver, 3 wood, 2 hybrids 9 irons and wedges, and a mallet putter (14 clubs)

- fit in the SKB DELUXE ATA, I think it’s the model 4814

I’m considering the VLX because of the nice color combination but it seems it might not fit the SKB hard case. I currently have a Stitch SL2 that fits the hard case just fine.

Thanks so much for the advice.

Edited by Mikey PHP
Spelling error

Driver: Paradym

Fairway:  Paradym X / Beres S-05

Hybrids: Honma Beres U06 19 degrees / U05 22 degrees

Irons: Epic Forged Star 6-SW

Wedge: Callaway JAWS MD5 46 / 60

Putter: 2021 Phantom X 5.5

I just picked up a VLS Lux bag a couple weeks ago. My bag is in my sig and everything fits just fine. 

I also have that same SKB case and while I haven't put that new bag in there, the Player 2 bag I was using previously fit it fine. The VLS is a good bit smaller so I doubt there'd be a problem. 

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

I picked up one of the new VLS at launch and can say that I can't imagine using a smaller top with driver, 3w, 5w, 9 irons/wedges, and putter. I think the VLX would be too small for me. Everything fits fine in the VLS, but there isn't much extra space.

Edited by jll62

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9.0, Ventus TR Blue 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), Ventus TR Red 7X, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd echo everything said so far.  VLS is a wonderful carry bag.  I wouldn't want any smaller of a top.  14 clubs fit fine.  

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 MAX 7W 21*, Ventus TR Blue 8X 

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Tri Hot 5K Seven CH

Finally bit the bullet and picked up the VLS. Oh man it is awesome. Essentially a Hoofer Lite on steroids, plus a magnetic range finder pocket. No problem with 14 sticks. Haven’t carried on the course yet but walking around the house fully loaded it is great. Very happy I finally bought one. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10 Degree Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Titleist TSR2 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Srixon ZX Mk II 20 Degree Graphite Design AD-DI Hybrid 95X

Miura MC 502 4-P Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Miura Milled Tour Wedge 52, 56, 60 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Ping PLD Anser

Titleist Pro V1

For those of you that have the white Vessel bags, are they easy to clean? I LOVE the look but I just know they are going to get dirty and/or get rubbed up by my push cart. Probably should just go with olive or gray if I am worried I guess.

Mizuno STZ 230 9.5* - LIN-Q Red

Pinhawk SLF 16* 3W - Acer Velocity

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 21* - LIN-Q Blue

Maltby TS1-IM 5-GW -- FST 125

Equalizer II 54* -- KBS Tour 120S

Ping Glide 4.0 58* - Nippon 115

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

I have the white on blue in the III and also had a gray. I like the color way a lot and get tons of compliments. Easy to clean and doesn’t show marks on the white area at all. I would even say the blue areas mark up much easier than the white. Same thing with the gray I had. I think you’re safe with white. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 2:48 AM, iceman1118 said:

Finally bit the bullet and picked up the VLS. Oh man it is awesome. Essentially a Hoofer Lite on steroids, plus a magnetic range finder pocket. No problem with 14 sticks. Haven’t carried on the course yet but walking around the house fully loaded it is great. Very happy I finally bought one. 

Where’s the magnetic rangefinder pocket?

11 hours ago, dcm325 said:

Where’s the magnetic rangefinder pocket?

Above the ball pocket. Vertical handle that says Vessel on it. 

Titleist TSR3 10 Degree Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Titleist TSR2 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Srixon ZX Mk II 20 Degree Graphite Design AD-DI Hybrid 95X

Miura MC 502 4-P Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Miura Milled Tour Wedge 52, 56, 60 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Ping PLD Anser

Titleist Pro V1

anyone else having issues with legs hanging when walking?

also, any specific water bottle that you like to use? sort of small-ish water bottle holder, so trying to find the right one.

Titleist TSi3 Ventus TR Blue 6x

Titleist TSi2 3W Venus TR Blue 7x

Callaway Apex 16 3 Hybrid Ventus HB Blue 9x

Callaway Apex Pro 4i DG 120 X100

Callaway Apex CB 5i-PW DG 120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM10 50F/54S/60S DG S300

L.A.B. MEZZ.1

• 2 weeks later...

VLS is an awesome bag. I also have the 2020 Ping Hoofer and the 2021 hoofer Craz e Lite. I walk every round and carry my bag. 

the Craz e lite is 3.2 lbs, the VLS is 5 lbs, I weighed them- despite the website saying it’s 4.3lbs. 

the VLS carries lighter then the Craz e lite. The vessel strap system is simply amazing. Best carry ever. The Ping Hoofer system is pretty good to start. Blows SM out of the water. 

The VLS top is a little smaller than Craz-eLite, but minimal tangle issues, but I am used to dealing with tangle a little since I have always used a Hoofer. Any tangle goes away the second you pick up the bag. Easily fit 14 clubs with an oversized mallet putter grip. My irons are Lamkin ST+2 hybrid grips standard size. 

legs stay nice and tight when you pick up the bag as well. On par with Hoofer. 

I got the regular vessel VLS - the material is like waterproof as well - I poured water in it and nothing got through. Great feature- the water goes straight through the Craz-e-lite, even in a light sprinkle. 

it’s an amazing bag. Best purchase ever. I think you can try them out in some PGATSS as they carry them now. 

one note - the VLS is strictly for carrying - I don’t think it would sit well on a push cart or strap on a driving carts. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 6:30 PM, T_Golf_23 said:

VLS is an awesome bag. I also have the 2020 Ping Hoofer and the 2021 hoofer Craz e Lite. I walk every round and carry my bag. 

the Craz e lite is 3.2 lbs, the VLS is 5 lbs, I weighed them- despite the website saying it’s 4.3lbs. 

the VLS carries lighter then the Craz e lite. The vessel strap system is simply amazing. Best carry ever. The Ping Hoofer system is pretty good to start. Blows SM out of the water. 

The VLS top is a little smaller than Craz-eLite, but minimal tangle issues, but I am used to dealing with tangle a little since I have always used a Hoofer. Any tangle goes away the second you pick up the bag. Easily fit 14 clubs with an oversized mallet putter grip. My irons are Lamkin ST+2 hybrid grips standard size. 

legs stay nice and tight when you pick up the bag as well. On par with Hoofer. 

I got the regular vessel VLS - the material is like waterproof as well - I poured water in it and nothing got through. Great feature- the water goes straight through the Craz-e-lite, even in a light sprinkle. 

it’s an amazing bag. Best purchase ever. I think you can try them out in some PGATSS as they carry them now. 

one note - the VLS is strictly for carrying - I don’t think it would sit well on a push cart or strap on a driving carts. 

How is the VLS bag holding up? Thinking about getting one just wondering where the bag shows age? Any information would be much appreciated!

9 hours ago, Christopher67 said:

How is the VLS bag holding up? Thinking about getting one just wondering where the bag shows age? Any information would be much appreciated!

The bag is awesome. Really great. The carry system is the best around. 

the legs are still popping out to stand up and most importantly, snapping back when I pick up the bag.

2 gripes: the water bottle holder is small. But it holds my Poland spring bottle and Gatorade bottle really easy. Surprisingly, i have yet to not fit a water bottle. It’s snug, but seems to expand well. 

The zipper on the ball pocket is not perfectly smooth. It snags slightly sometimes. My standards are really high here as I come from Ping Hoofer bags and they are known for top quality zippers. I am being very picky about this one, but it’s important to note. 

there is some club snag, but it is far less than any of the Ping Hoofer bags. In this category of bag, there will always be some snag. You can’t avoid it. The second you pick up the bag, the clubs fall into place. I have pretty substantial grips too- Lamkin ST+2 hybrid in standard. 

the side garment pocket is small. Still holds a coat, but nothing more. You would be hard pressed to fit rain gear and the rain cover. When I suspect rain, i just strap the hood on, but keep it pulled back. Otherwise I leave it home or in my locker. This is one area where Hoofer crushes it, even the Craz-e-lite. I am a minimalist though, so not really a big deal for me.  

It rained pretty good yesterday, had the rain cover on, I will venture to say, the material is pretty water resistant/proof. Nothing on the inside in any part of the bag was wet. My hoofer Craz-e-lite would have been soaked through. This is the standard  VLS. 

I did have a chance to try the LUX yesterday, it is substantially heavier. It would be too heavy to carry comfortably for me. At the same time, I don’t think the 0.3 lbs weight savings is enough in the DXR to substantiate the added cost, plus the DXR material seems less water resistant and this was a big selling point for me on the standard VLS. 

Overall it has replaced my Craz-e-lite as the gammer bag.

It sets a very high standard. The carry system is just too good and out weighs any small gripes. In the last year, I have tried over 20 bags…. All the top names. Nothing else even comes close.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/10/2022 at 12:14 AM, T_Golf_23 said:

The bag is awesome. Really great. The carry system is the best around. 

the legs are still popping out to stand up and most importantly, snapping back when I pick up the bag.

2 gripes: the water bottle holder is small. But it holds my Poland spring bottle and Gatorade bottle really easy. Surprisingly, i have yet to not fit a water bottle. It’s snug, but seems to expand well. 

The zipper on the ball pocket is not perfectly smooth. It snags slightly sometimes. My standards are really high here as I come from Ping Hoofer bags and they are known for top quality zippers. I am being very picky about this one, but it’s important to note. 

there is some club snag, but it is far less than any of the Ping Hoofer bags. In this category of bag, there will always be some snag. You can’t avoid it. The second you pick up the bag, the clubs fall into place. I have pretty substantial grips too- Lamkin ST+2 hybrid in standard. 

the side garment pocket is small. Still holds a coat, but nothing more. You would be hard pressed to fit rain gear and the rain cover. When I suspect rain, i just strap the hood on, but keep it pulled back. Otherwise I leave it home or in my locker. This is one area where Hoofer crushes it, even the Craz-e-lite. I am a minimalist though, so not really a big deal for me.  

It rained pretty good yesterday, had the rain cover on, I will venture to say, the material is pretty water resistant/proof. Nothing on the inside in any part of the bag was wet. My hoofer Craz-e-lite would have been soaked through. This is the standard  VLS. 

I did have a chance to try the LUX yesterday, it is substantially heavier. It would be too heavy to carry comfortably for me. At the same time, I don’t think the 0.3 lbs weight savings is enough in the DXR to substantiate the added cost, plus the DXR material seems less water resistant and this was a big selling point for me on the standard VLS. 

Overall it has replaced my Craz-e-lite as the gammer bag.

It sets a very high standard. The carry system is just too good and out weighs any small gripes. In the last year, I have tried over 20 bags…. All the top names. Nothing else even comes close.  

Thanks so much for such thorough commentary! I'm really thinking about getting one of these since I walk all the time, but I'm concerned about that water bottle holder. I have a 32oz Klean Kanteen I carry everywhere, especially when walking the course. What's the max diameter you've been able to fit in it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AveSim13 said:

Thanks so much for such thorough commentary! I'm really thinking about getting one of these since I walk all the time, but I'm concerned about that water bottle holder. I have a 32oz Klean Kanteen I carry everywhere, especially when walking the course. What's the max diameter you've been able to fit in it?

I usually just carry a plastic water bottle since those are available in coolers all over the course. I have fit Gatorade bottles. 

do this… measure the diameter of the bottom of your bottle. I will find a similar Bottle and see if it fits..

11 hours ago, T_Golf_23 said:

I usually just carry a plastic water bottle since those are available in coolers all over the course. I have fit Gatorade bottles. 

do this… measure the diameter of the bottom of your bottle. I will find a similar Bottle and see if it fits..

That would be amazing. Thank you so much. I wish I could get Vessel to reply xD 
The diameter is about 3.5in.