2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Uneekor EYE Mini

Callaswag

On 6/21/2023 at 1:47 PM, speedmaster11 said:

I have an original Skytrak and for past couple months been thinking about upgrading to something that provided more data points as I continue to tinker with my swing and club set up. Primary use will still be inside in my garage, with some sim golf so camera based system would work best for my needs, BLP was a front runner, but was also looking at Skytrak+ as my Skytrak has been a great device. I always liked the Uneekor QED and EyeXO but my garage set up makes an overhead unit set up tough so hadn't really considered Uneekor as an option until I saw the EyeMini.

After many hours of back and forth on the Bushnell and Uneekor website, watching youtube, decided to take the plunge and ordered EyeMini. Overall think the BLP is a great unit, and had the EyeMini not had some of the functionality mentioned below, would have been happy with the BLP. Why I chose the EyeMini over BLP

• Camera that shows video of Impact. My daughter is starting to get into golf and thought this feature will be useful to help her understand how the club is coming through to hit the ball at impact. Also useful to me as I make adjustments.
  • Official support for GSPro. I know that Foresight/GSPro are working on official integration, but don't know when that will happen and how that will affect the cost of the yearly subscription tiers.
  • All Data Points unlocked with purchase without some hidden behind a subscription.

Ordered the unit on 6/20, by EOD 6/20 had shipping confirmation and delivery date of 6/21 (Today). Unit arrived about an hour ago, so have not had a chance to set up yet and test, but will be doing so later. Will update this thread later after getting the unit set up. Happy to answer any questions.

Had a chance to set up the EyeMini today. I'm pretty good with tech, but set up took longer than expected. The instructions within Launcher and the provided manual didn't match and took some testing to figure out the right way to get the unit to register and install within Launcher. After the install, first time running the View and Refine software the EyeMini would register the shot on the unit but nothing came through on my PC. After closing out and then re-opening everything was working.

Numbers seem to be accurate but didn't have enough time to go through every club yet. Impact video is a nice feature, especially seeing how turf grabs the face. The e-ink display is ok, not as smooth when moving between different menu options. Overall I like the unit but needto spend more time with it.

Ooooof! I sold my original SkyTrack to either upgrade to SkyTrak + or EyeMini. I’m really leaning towards the Eye Mini just because the impact video. That’s a huge seller point to me. Not liking that it took you that long to set it up. Keep posting about it once you use it more and give me your feedback.  

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 2:56 AM, JMuller86 said:

Ooooof! I sold my original SkyTrack to either upgrade to SkyTrak + or EyeMini. I’m really leaning towards the Eye Mini just because the impact video. That’s a huge seller point to me. Not liking that it took you that long to set it up. Keep posting about it once you use it more and give me your feedback.  

Regarding the set up:

Install of the Launch software was quick and easy. No issues there. The part that took longer than expected was getting Launcher to connect and Install the EyeMini. I think part of the issue was looking at Launcher, they list a number next to each item in the menu, which I tried to follow as in steps, but that was the wrong strategy. The correct thing would be to open the EyeMini manual, and follow the steps there. Overall though, I do like the Launcher software, all updates and licenses are in there, which makes things super easy to keep updated.

Once I connected the Ethernet cord from my PC to the unit, then you go through the Install part. The steps were simple enough, but I did restart the program once thinking it was not responding. May have needed it, or may have been me being impatient because I wanted to start using the EyeMini. Overall, set up time took ~20-25mins, when I was thinking this would take 10 mins.

Spent about 4~5hours using the EyeMini this weekend and I really like it. No misreads or missed shots. The ball on screen has little delay after hitting the shot. The camera function is a really nice addition, as I could see where the ball was impacting on the face, but also how my turf was catching the face on bad shots. Used the whole bag, and numbers were comparable to my last session on a TM.

Used both the View software and Refine. Personally, I prefer the View software as it just focuses on the data and allows you to customize and look at different data. The refine was good, high quality graphics and looked good. The hitting area would say wait until the ball was in the proper hitting area, which was nice. I played one of the included 5 courses, again good graphics, and when you hit the ball in the rough, there was a "penalty" in distance on that shot out of the rough.

I also played a round on GSPro, and will likely only use this moving forward when wanting to play SimGolf. Excluding the ability to play way more courses on GSPro, I prefer the UI/immersiveness of the GSPro set up compared to Refine.

Overall, very happy with the purchase so far.

• Thanks 1

I sold my GCQuad and purchased the EyeMini and couldn't be happier. The Uneekor course simulation software is a step down for sure, but the seamless integration with GSPro is awesome.

The impact video is a great feature and having it up on a second monitor while utilizing the projector for GSPro is perfect. Setup took me about 20-30 minutes, and another 10 to get GSPro downloaded and running. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, cdub59 said:

I sold my GCQuad and purchased the EyeMini and couldn't be happier. The Uneekor course simulation software is a step down for sure, but the seamless integration with GSPro is awesome.

The impact video is a great feature and having it up on a second monitor while utilizing the projector for GSPro is perfect. Setup took me about 20-30 minutes, and another 10 to get GSPro downloaded and running. 

That's interesting. I was trying to decide between eyemini and GC3 for the winter. You think I would be happier with the EyeMini?

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

• 2 weeks later...

It's interesting that when you go to their site, you aren't seeing all the great features. The impact camera in the software… why do they hide it? It's actually one of the biggest selling points!

It was so hidden, at first I thought it required an add-on camera. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Leaning very heavily towards the Eye Mini, but it's US & Canada only right now. Apparently if you connect it to a non-NA IP address, the system locks. It's a once-per-90-days check, but it's instantly shut otherwise. Thus I'm guessing the unit is generally not going out to IP traffic normally - which is good.

Once they get back to me on when the rest of the world will work, I think this is how I'm going to go. It's grading out as extremely similar to GC3, and I don't plan on taking mine for walkies.

• Like 1

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

On 7/11/2023 at 9:07 PM, karstens_ghost said:

It's interesting that when you go to their site, you aren't seeing all the great features. The impact camera in the software… why do they hide it? It's actually one of the biggest selling points!

Leaning very heavily towards the Eye Mini, but it's US & Canada only right now. Apparently if you connect it to a non-NA IP address, the system locks. It's a once-per-90-days check, but it's instantly shut otherwise. Thus I'm guessing the unit is generally not going out to IP traffic normally - which is good.

Once they get back to me on when the rest of the world will work, I think this is how I'm going to go. It's grading out as extremely similar to GC3, and I don't plan on taking mine for walkies.

I got a quote for one in Australia from a Uneekor reseller; hopefully those units work!

On 7/11/2023 at 6:07 AM, karstens_ghost said:

I think they only limited it to the USA and Canada due to manufacturing constraints (ie quantity).  I don't think these are selling as well in the USA and Canada as they had hoped so it should open the opportunity for other markets to get access soon.  That added demand will help postpone the need to reduce their price. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 1:50 AM, Rory4Pres said:

I think they only limited it to the USA and Canada due to manufacturing constraints (ie quantity).  I don't think these are selling as well in the USA and Canada as they had hoped so it should open the opportunity for other markets to get access soon.  That added demand will help postpone the need to reduce their price. 

You can def get one in AusNZ; I got a quote no problem. They're region-locked, but the Uneekor site does a horrendous job at explaining to anyone outside NA how to get one.

Whoever does their marketing is asleep at the wheel.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

They are already offering a free year of the $400 champion package with new purchases.  Seems like the tip of the iceberg of deals to come.  The fact that they are already doing this after only a few months of the product hitting the market just shows how slow these are moving.

They are offering $1000-2000 off other units, seems like a matter of time before a similar deal (likely $500) is offered on the $4500 console itself.

Ditching the annual charge for third party software would definitely help their cause.

On 8/3/2023 at 1:50 AM, Rory4Pres said:

They are already offering a free year of the $400 champion package with new purchases.  Seems like the tip of the iceberg of deals to come.  The fact that they are already doing this after only a few months of the product hitting the market just shows how slow these are moving.

They are offering $1000-2000 off other units, seems like a matter of time before a similar deal (likely $500) is offered on the $4500 console itself.

Ditching the annual charge for third party software would definitely help their cause.

I think their timing was off.

They may have moved lots of units at that price at the start of the pandemic when demand went through the roof.

Now that things have returned to normal and the market has been saturated with Mevo+ and BLP/GC3 units at the same time that interest rates and inflation are both higher, it's a really tough sell.

13 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

I think their timing was off.

They may have moved lots of units at that price at the start of the pandemic when demand went through the roof.

Now that things have returned to normal and the market has been saturated with Mevo+ and BLP/GC3 units at the same time that interest rates and inflation are both higher, it's a really tough sell.

100% agree.  If you remember they had the prototype unit at the golf show a couple years ago and everybody was raving about it.  Then they disappeared for well over a year before following it up with an actual available unit.  So I definitely agree had they dropped it earlier they would have been much more successful.

I know it's wishful thinking but with where we are in the current economy, I'd really like to see this unit at $3500 with no $200 3rd party annual software fee.  Yes, I understand that's near Skytrak territory but I think skytrak got a little overzealous with their $3k asking price and expect their price may soon drop some as well.   

On 6/26/2023 at 1:48 PM, speedmaster11 said:

Regarding the set up:

Install of the Launch software was quick and easy. No issues there. The part that took longer than expected was getting Launcher to connect and Install the EyeMini. I think part of the issue was looking at Launcher, they list a number next to each item in the menu, which I tried to follow as in steps, but that was the wrong strategy. The correct thing would be to open the EyeMini manual, and follow the steps there. Overall though, I do like the Launcher software, all updates and licenses are in there, which makes things super easy to keep updated.

Once I connected the Ethernet cord from my PC to the unit, then you go through the Install part. The steps were simple enough, but I did restart the program once thinking it was not responding. May have needed it, or may have been me being impatient because I wanted to start using the EyeMini. Overall, set up time took ~20-25mins, when I was thinking this would take 10 mins.

Spent about 4~5hours using the EyeMini this weekend and I really like it. No misreads or missed shots. The ball on screen has little delay after hitting the shot. The camera function is a really nice addition, as I could see where the ball was impacting on the face, but also how my turf was catching the face on bad shots. Used the whole bag, and numbers were comparable to my last session on a TM.

Used both the View software and Refine. Personally, I prefer the View software as it just focuses on the data and allows you to customize and look at different data. The refine was good, high quality graphics and looked good. The hitting area would say wait until the ball was in the proper hitting area, which was nice. I played one of the included 5 courses, again good graphics, and when you hit the ball in the rough, there was a "penalty" in distance on that shot out of the rough.

I also played a round on GSPro, and will likely only use this moving forward when wanting to play SimGolf. Excluding the ability to play way more courses on GSPro, I prefer the UI/immersiveness of the GSPro set up compared to Refine.

Overall, very happy with the purchase so far.

whats your experience been like ~1 month in?  interested in this LM for some swing self-diagnosis, mostly interested in club data and range mode, SIM capabilities is just a bonus

curious to hear more first-hand experience, review and discussion seem limited but all the specs look nice on paper

Edited by AlohaPineapple
  • Like 2

🍍 2023 WITB 🍍

Titleist TSR3 9.0* w/ Ventus Black 6x

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 15* w/ Ventus Red 7x

Titleist TSR3 19* w/ Ventus HB Blue 8s

Titleist T200 4-iron w/ Axiom 105x

Artisan LS 720HM 5-PW w/ Modus 115x

Artisan 50*, 56* w/ TT DGS S200

Vokey WW 60* LB-K w/ TT DGS S200

Scotty Cameron Tei3 Newport Two

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2023 at 8:33 AM, AlohaPineapple said:

whats your experience been like ~1 month in?  interested in this LM for some swing self-diagnosis, mostly interested in club data and range mode, SIM capabilities is just a bonus

curious to hear more first-hand experience, review and discussion seem limited but all the specs look nice on paper

The swing impact camera has lead me down a rabbit hole...the nice thing with the Uneekor set up is it can integrate with generic usb cameras. So instead of buying the Swing Optix camera's for $1400, found two usb cameras on Amazon that others are using for $160. Set up was easy and so now I have a full set up to make changes to swing.

As for EyeMini, it's been great. Numbers seem to be pretty accurate, but I have been making changes to the swing as mentioned. Have not had any issues of missed shots, and haven't had issues with shorter chip shots when using the sim functionality.

My trial of refine ended, but with GSPro and the Riverwalk course, not missing out on anything in Refine. Overall very happy with the product, will be curious when Uneekor release the balance mat...

Happy to answer any questions on things you are curious on.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, speedmaster11 said:

The swing impact camera has lead me down a rabbit hole...the nice thing with the Uneekor set up is it can integrate with generic usb cameras. So instead of buying the Swing Optix camera's for $1400, found two usb cameras on Amazon that others are using for $160. Set up was easy and so now I have a full set up to make changes to swing.

As for EyeMini, it's been great. Numbers seem to be pretty accurate, but I have been making changes to the swing as mentioned. Have not had any issues of missed shots, and haven't had issues with shorter chip shots when using the sim functionality.

My trial of refine ended, but with GSPro and the Riverwalk course, not missing out on anything in Refine. Overall very happy with the product, will be curious when Uneekor release the balance mat...

What simulator software are you running? Did you have a unit before the eye mini?

• Like 1

Vokeys SM9 56,60

On 8/18/2023 at 8:13 PM, speedmaster11 said:

it sounds like you have a home setup, so not sure if you can speak to this but, any thoughts on portability of the unit itself?  It does look a bit larger than a GC3.  I'm thinking my use will be a mix of at-home/hitting bays and outdoor ranges

🍍 2023 WITB 🍍

Titleist TSR3 9.0* w/ Ventus Black 6x

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 15* w/ Ventus Red 7x

Titleist TSR3 19* w/ Ventus HB Blue 8s

Titleist T200 4-iron w/ Axiom 105x

Artisan LS 720HM 5-PW w/ Modus 115x

Artisan 50*, 56* w/ TT DGS S200

Vokey WW 60* LB-K w/ TT DGS S200

Scotty Cameron Tei3 Newport Two

56 minutes ago, AlohaPineapple said:

it sounds like you have a home setup, so not sure if you can speak to this but, any thoughts on portability of the unit itself?  It does look a bit larger than a GC3.  I'm thinking my use will be a mix of at-home/hitting bays and outdoor ranges

You are right, have a home set up and so I have not taken to the range yet.

From a portability standpoint, there is a nice grab handle on the back that makes this super easy to carry and move around. There is also a rubber cover to protect the different inputs (Ethernet, power) when not at home/plugged in. The unit comes with a carrying case that will easily protect it and keep it safe during transport from home to parking lot/wherever you take it out. I would say the carrying case is the size of a backpack and has almost kevlar like hard shell exterior if that makes sense. Also comes with a strap to sling over the shoulder. Honestly, I am not concerned about traveling with the EM due to the case.

Agree size wise, the EM is probably a few inches taller than the GC3, and a bit skinnier.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2023 at 5:13 PM, speedmaster11 said:

Which cameras did you use? And is the integration seamless or do you have you use some work arounds?

54 minutes ago, TheJas said:

Which cameras did you use? And is the integration seamless or do you have you use some work arounds?

Bought 2 of these Kayeton USB Camera based on feedback from others. They also offer color versions but decided wasn't necessary. Integration was seamless. Plug in the included cable from camera to usb, let driver install and then open Uneekor's View and select generic usb from drop down.

• Like 1

Agreed. My room construction won't be done for a while, and I'm thinking it might be worth it to grab it now.

1 hour ago, TheFatArmadillo said:

This became a whole lot more interesting at $3500…

1 hour ago, Rory4Pres said:

We could possibly see this thing hit $3k by Black Friday or Xmas time. 

GC3 sales must be dead in the water right now, haha.

I might have to start shopping for a new computer to support a sim soon.

Agree $3500 is almost a no brainer. If they go rid of the $199 or lowered it to $99 don’t think anyone else could compete. 
only reason I’m waiting now is for insurance. My house was hit by lightning and fried my sim room. Computer projector and Mevo Plus. Planning on upgrading since I have to buy new anyway.  Looking at doing 4k and eye minii hopefully insurance will at least pay for what I had. 

• Thanks 1

Vokeys SM9 56,60

42 minutes ago, sethdavidsdad said:

Agree $3500 is almost a no brainer. If they go rid of the $199 or lowered it to $99 don’t think anyone else could compete. 
only reason I’m waiting now is for insurance. My house was hit by lightning and fried my sim room. Computer projector and Mevo Plus. Planning on upgrading since I have to buy new anyway.  Looking at doing 4k and eye minii hopefully insurance will at least pay for what I had. 

Ya… insurance. That's brutal. They're not in the business of paying out. They like to collect. I wish you all the luck in the world; you'll probably need it.