Uneekor EYE Mini

Callaswag

As much as I'd love to think this Mini will be a lower priced competitor to the GC3, if it is, it won't be by much.  These companies are in the business to make money.  They aren't going to offer great deals until they have to and right now there is still a lot of room in the $3-8k price range.

I've already told myself it'll be another 3-6 years before a high quality one is in my price range.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2022 at 3:08 PM, prusd said:

We are heading into Q4 for 2022 soon, and I just want to ask if anyone has any inside info regarding this device?  Like the release date and/or price?  Any chance someone has some contacts in the industry and they are willing to share some info they may come across?

Thanks

I don't have any inside info, but I follow them on Instagram and they edited their older posts about the mini's data points.

They removed club path and face angle, which is pretty disappointing. Obviously an old Instagram post doesn't guarantee anything about the final product, but since they went out of their way to update an old post, I think it's likely the final product will not have face/path. Bummer.

1 hour ago, Blaiser said:

I don't have any inside info, but I follow them on Instagram and they edited their older posts about the mini's data points.

They removed club path and face angle, which is pretty disappointing. Obviously an old Instagram post doesn't guarantee anything about the final product, but since they went out of their way to update an old post, I think it's likely the final product will not have face/path. Bummer.

At least GC2 prices have gone down in recent months. I've seen a couple go for under $2800 (no software).

With the Eye Mini having two cameras, it should be more expensive than the Skytrack ($2000) and cheaper than the GC3 ($7500).

Where I think it will really compete is with the used GC2 market ($4999 factory refurb), especially if it has no required subscription.  This also seems especially likely since they dropped the claims about measuring club data.

My guess is $3500-4500 with a $100/yr (hopefully optional) Uneekor subscription of some kind (and compatible with GSPro and other subscriptions)—and better/more data than Skytrak (but not as much club data as originally announced) and otherwise comparing to Skytrak the same as you the GC2 does.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, joe_golfs said:

Contacted uneekor yesterday and was offered a discount on a QED or eyexo since they have "no information on the mini at this time"

Ended up ordering the eyexo at a very sizeable discount so that was nice

How much was the discount?

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Rory4Pres said:

I hope this thing comes out before I die.  That'd be nice.

Based on comments that they were giving coupons out for having no info on anything related to the Mini, I got the BLP. 

Uneekor SM team hasn't even mentioned it in months, won't respond to any inquiries at all on their social media even though they are active with posting swings a few times a week on their story/posts. Really disappointed as I've been going to a indoor sim place w/ Eye XO and it's great.

I tested out the BLP vs Eye XO today (just got delivery yesterday) and it's within a touch of the EyeXO that there's no regret whatsoever w/ deciding to wait for the Mini. 

9 hours ago, ButcherButters said:

Based on comments that they were giving coupons out for having no info on anything related to the Mini, I got the BLP. 

Uneekor SM team hasn't even mentioned it in months, won't respond to any inquiries at all on their social media even though they are active with posting swings a few times a week on their story/posts. Really disappointed as I've been going to a indoor sim place w/ Eye XO and it's great.

I tested out the BLP vs Eye XO today (just got delivery yesterday) and it's within a touch of the EyeXO that there's no regret whatsoever w/ deciding to wait for the Mini. 

I had reached out to them with no such luck/experience of receiving any coupon/discount on other uneekor products.  So not sure how much I believe that.  Not saying they aren't telling the truth, just skeptical.

Feel like I've been waiting for 5+ years for skytrak or uneekor or whoever to come to market with a camera based simulator for under $4-$5k.  Skytrak hasn't come out with a new unit in 8 years so I've pretty much given up on them.

At this point foresight may come out with a new GC2 model before these 2 other companies come out with something.  Who knows.

11 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

So...never? I don't think foresight has any reason to release another GC2, the ball data only version of the GC3/BLP fits that segment

Honestly not sure why they wouldn't.  Foresight could have 3 tiers, with a 2 camera model being the low end, gc3 being the mid and gc4 as the top tier.  Like car brands, the 2 camera model could be the entry level to try and get brand loyalty from consumers.  As they get older (and potentially richer), they would feel more comfortable transitioning into the higher level sims from foresight versus other brands.  Would only make sense if they wanted to mass produce the entry level (gc2) version, since profit would come from high volume.

Right now Foresight doesn't need to do anything since competition isn't that stiff but in 5 to 10 years, it definitely will be and they will be looking for ways to cut costs and maintain market share.

25 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

Honestly not sure why they wouldn't.  Foresight could have 3 tiers, with a 2 camera model being the low end, gc3 being the mid and gc4 as the top tier.  Like car brands, the 2 camera model could be the entry level to try and get brand loyalty from consumers.  As they get older (and potentially richer), they would feel more comfortable transitioning into the higher level sims from foresight versus other brands.  Would only make sense if they wanted to mass produce the entry level (gc2) version, since profit would come from high volume.

Right now Foresight doesn't need to do anything since competition isn't that stiff but in 5 to 10 years, it definitely will be and they will be looking for ways to cut costs and maintain market share.

I am just not sure what they stand to gain trying to offer a 3rd distinct product line when the GC3 is already priced below the original GC2 and the "ball data" BLP below it even more. The "savings" of eliminating one camera would be offset by the burden of designing, manufacturing, stocking, distributing, etc a 3rd line that overlaps with what they already offer.  The hardware is cheap in this space, for the most part you are paying a premium for the extra data. If there was a new 2 camera unit, I imagine it would only serve the sub $1000 space where you just get basic data.

6 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

I am just not sure what they stand to gain trying to offer a 3rd distinct product line when the GC3 is already priced below the original GC2 and the "ball data" BLP below it even more. The "savings" of eliminating one camera would be offset by the burden of designing, manufacturing, stocking, distributing, etc a 3rd line that overlaps with what they already offer.  The hardware is cheap in this space, for the most part you are paying a premium for the extra data. If there was a new 2 camera unit, I imagine it would only serve the sub $1000 space where you just get basic data.

Think you need to omit the original gc2 since that'll play no impact on a future release.  Not sure you can justify the hardware is cheap for 3 cameras when comparing the gc3 to the gc4.  Seems like hardware is anything but cheap for these high res cameras from what I've read.  Seems like they could save quite a bit by offering a 2 camera unit and simply utilizing the software they already have.  Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they offer this option in the next 4 to 7 years.  It seems like the next logical step once this market starts heating up with competition.

Guess we'll see what uneekor is able to offer (data-wise) from their 2 camera system when they release the mini eye.  

4 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

Think you need to omit the original gc2 since that'll play no impact on a future release.  Not sure you can justify the hardware is cheap for 3 cameras when comparing the gc3 to the gc4.  Seems like hardware is anything but cheap for these high res cameras from what I've read.  Seems like they could save quite a bit by offering a 2 camera unit and simply utilizing the software they already have.  Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they offer this option in the next 4 to 7 years.  It seems like the next logical step once this market starts heating up with competition.

Guess we'll see what uneekor is able to offer (data-wise) from their 2 camera system when they release the mini eye.  

If the cameras were driving the cost, the 3 camera BLP would never be 1/2 of the cost of the original  2 camera GC2 (which likely had lower quality cameras).

15 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

If the cameras were driving the cost, the 3 camera BLP would never be 1/2 of the cost of the original  2 camera GC2 (which likely had lower quality cameras).

wasn't the original gc2 $10k?  The current gc3 is $7500.  Neither the quality nor the cost of these cameras would stay the same over the course of a full decade.

I'm not saying the cameras are the only expensive part of these sims, but they are definitely the number 1 hardware expense. 

Perhaps I am jumping the gun, but at the bottom of their PGA SHOW webpage, there's no mention of the mini (see gallery of products and services).  There does seem to be a mention of that mat they talked about at last years show that was also under  development, but no mention of mini.

https://www.pgashow.com/en-us/show-info/exhibitor-list/exhibitor-details.org-1fc5c09e-c2b3-46eb-8025-80e7c0cd0575.html#/

Its very strange since their instagram and customer support hasn't mentioned the mini in a long time.  

PErhaps I am overthinking things.  I hope I am wrong, and the MINI makes an appearance at the PGA Show at the end of January.

55 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

wasn't the original gc2 $10k?  The current gc3 is $7500.  Neither the quality nor the cost of these cameras would stay the same over the course of a full decade.

I'm not saying the cameras are the only expensive part of these sims, but they are definitely the number 1 hardware expense. 

When it was first released it was $6500, the extra cost was for the software. The BLP (which is identical to the GC3 hardware wise) sells for $3499

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krt22 said:

When it was first released it was $6500, the extra cost was for the software. The BLP (which is identical to the GC3 hardware wise) sells for $3499

Yes, but last I checked the BLP required one of several expensive subscriptions starting at something like $300/yr.  The subscription-less version was $7000.

There’s a reason the subscription-less GC2 sells well on the used market.  A buddy of mine upgraded to the GC2 from his previous SkyTrak because the Skytrak stinks for low swing speed shots or high launch angle shots and simply doesn’t pick them up 90% of the time.  (This led to a lot of frustration when youth or women tried using it—and even plenty of frustration when he used it himself.)

Even if the Mini had nothing but ball data and was subscription-less, it would sell very well at the $3500 price range and beat the BLP.  If it also had good club data, it could sell for $2K more and still make Foresight worry.  My thought, however, is that club data with only two cameras was difficult to get right—and someone decided to drop the product rather than sell it as a ball-data-only product.

17 minutes ago, larson92 said:

Yes, but last I checked the BLP required one of several expensive subscriptions starting at something like $300/yr.  The subscription-less version was $7000.

That doesnt change anything I said about the cost not being tied to the number of cameras. Fully unlocked BLP for 7k comes with FSX play, more portable, longer battery life, larger hitting area, and club data. The original GC2 with the lesser capable software package was 10k

There is also no need to continue the yearly subscription with the BLP, that is only if you want access to the higher end ipad apps, you can get the data off the unit and I think you can use it with the older foresight apps that the GC2 uses. 

Either way, right now the eye mini is vapor ware. If it's taking this long to launch, who knows how long it will take to become a stable and mature product.

1 hour ago, Krt22 said:

There is also no need to continue the yearly subscription with the BLP, that is only if you want access to the higher end ipad apps, you can get the data off the unit and I think you can use it with the older foresight apps that the GC2 uses. 

That depends on your intended use.  To use BLP with GSPro (or other 3rd party apps), you need to have the $800/yr “gold” subscription for the BLP.  I think the BLP without a subscription is fairly limited.