2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Uneekor EYE Mini

Callaswag

1 minute ago, Krt22 said:

Not a Uneekor guy, so what does that include? There isn't anything about that package on their website, only their refine and refine+ offerings (which to be fair are both much cheaper than FSX)

I'm also not a Uneekor person, still pending an answer on that from the sales team. 

I did a quick google search, it does seem like it's a simulation software limited to driver range with the ability to do Uneekor Optix or swing video analysis.. my impression from that is it's FSX range, without the ability to play courses.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9*| Ventus Black 6X
Titleist TSR2+ 14.5*| Ventus Black 7X
Titleist TSR2 18*  | AV Raw Blue 8TX
Mizuno 245 5-PW  | Project X LS 6.5
Titleist SM9 46 - 50 - 54 - 58 | PX Rifle 6.0
Odyssey Ai-One Seven CH 

If that's true and all that comes with this eye mini is a driving range and the hardware console, it's actually overpriced at $4500.  Should have been a starting price of around $2500 for that in my opinion.  

I think like the GC3/BLM, they will see a wave of buyers in April/may/june and then a massive drop off because most people are wanting more bang for their buck.  

10 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

If that's true and all that comes with this eye mini is a driving range and the hardware console, it's actually overpriced at $4500.  Should have been a starting price of around $2500 for that in my opinion.  

I think like the GC3/BLM, they will see a wave of buyers in April/may/june and then a massive drop off because most people are wanting more bang for their buck.  

The BLP is $3499 with a 1 year “free” subscription, but after that it’s $499/yr to play sims and it only includes 5 courses.

If the mini is $4500 with no strings attached then with the mini and GSPro you break even on cost after about 5 years—and you get 400+ courses with GSPro.

So I’d say that at $4500 with no strings attached, the mini at worst comes out a tie (and probably is the better choice).  

The mini (with no strings attached) also kicks butt on the Skytrak (which, insult to injury, also now requires a Skytrak subscription to use with GSPro), so the mini has to cost more than Skytrak—and that brings you to a minimum of about $3000 for the mini.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, larson92 said:

The BLP is $3499 with a 1 year “free” subscription, but after that it’s $499/yr to play sims and it only includes 5 courses.

If the mini is $4500 with no strings attached then with the mini and GSPro you break even on cost after about 5 years—and you get 400+ courses with GSPro.

So I’d say that at $4500 with no strings attached, the mini at worst comes out a tie (and probably is the better choice).  

The mini (with no strings attached) also kicks butt on the Skytrak (which, insult to injury, also now requires a Skytrak subscription to use with GSPro), so the mini has to cost more than Skytrak—and that brings you to a minimum of about $3000 for the mini.

I guess a lot of us were looking for a new simulator that would beat what's currently available.  Pretty sure the BLP has had slow sales since raising their price to $4k from $3k, then back down to $3.5k.  Think we were all hoping a little competition would help get the prices to fall but it looks like uneekor is just going to offer similar bang for the buck as BLP/GC3, making it not that enticing.  

I'm not arguing with the hardcore users.  If you are paying for 400 courses, you're on another level.

I'm simply wanting to use this once or twice a week in my garage.  A range and a couple courses/practice games would suffice.  I got an unlimited range pass at my local course for a couple hundred dollars and it's real grass, no mats, so don't see much value in paying 25x that for a fake range on a screen.  

Side bar, skytrak is coming up on 10 year old hardware next year.  I'm amazed they are still even mentioned in discussions.  I waited like 4 years for them to come out with a new hardware version that improved some of their weaknesses before just giving up.

21 minutes ago, larson92 said:

Also no geo lock.

3 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

I guess a lot of us were looking for a new simulator that would beat what's currently available.  Pretty sure the BLP has had slow sales since raising their price to $4k from $3k, then back down to $3.5k.  Think we were all hoping a little competition would help get the prices to fall but it looks like uneekor is just going to offer similar bang for the buck as BLP/GC3, making it not that enticing.  

I'm not arguing with the hardcore users.  If you are paying for 400 courses, you're on another level.

I'm simply wanting to use this once or twice a week in my garage.  A range and a couple courses/practice games would suffice.  I got an unlimited range pass at my local course for a couple hundred dollars and it's real grass, no mats, so don't see much value in paying 25x that for a fake range on a screen.  

Side bar, skytrak is coming up on 10 year old hardware next year.  I'm amazed they are still even mentioned in discussions.  I waited like 4 years for them to come out with a new hardware version that improved some of their weaknesses before just giving up.

Because they never made their hardware: Rapsodo did.

I'm sure blm/gc3 won't have the geo lock for much longer.  

Interesting, had never heard that before about rapsodo. 

Their mlm2pro looked interesting until I found out they need 8' of ball flight to pick up shot details, my garage allows about 4-5' max.  Maybe rapsodo will come out with a more premium camera based unit in a couple years.

18 hours ago, Bubbtubbs said:

Because they never made their hardware: Rapsodo did.

I believe you, but it sounds weird.  Why would rapsodo sit on an optical design for 10 years and come out with nothing but radar-based units?  Unless Skytrak owns the design and patent and rapsodo only did the manufacturing.

Either way, Skytrack still has the cheapest optical device on the market—which is why they are still mentioned (and are still alive).

3 hours ago, larson92 said:

I believe you, but it sounds weird.  Why would rapsodo sit on an optical design for 10 years and come out with nothing but radar-based units?  Unless Skytrak owns the design and patent and rapsodo only did the manufacturing.

Either way, Skytrack still has the cheapest optical device on the market—which is why they are still mentioned (and are still alive).

I can think of several reasons, including:

- not owning the hardware IP you created under contract

- a non-compete clause

- the general costs of developing and manufacturing a second hardware model that wasn't in the violation of the previous patent

- fighting for market share in an occupied pricing bracket instead of untapped markets

1 hour ago, Blaiser said:

Gotta think they will have something good to offer on the software side.

Otherwise it doesn't make a ton of sense to essentially make a clone of the BLP/GC3 for around the same price. Not gonna shake up the market that way, especially when Uneekor is the underdog in this space.

Hoping for GSPro support 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, golfeitosa said:

Right now in Korea, they are selling the non battery version of the eyemini. So it needs to be plugged in. They are saying the portable version should be coming out in early summer. 

Thanks for the info.  Curious what the non-battery version costs in Korea.  For in garage use, that's not a bad option.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With the Eye Mini, you have to buy the Uneekor software for $1000 to enable 3rd party software like GSPro.  That makes it $5500.  Still cheaper than the unlocked Bushnell Launch Pro (at $7000) but not anything that's going to put downward price pressure on a used GC2.

Source: GSPro’s Uneekor channel on Discord

2 hours ago, larson92 said:

With the Eye Mini, you have to buy the Uneekor software for $1000 to enable 3rd party software like GSPro.  That makes it $5500.  Still cheaper than the unlocked Bushnell Launch Pro (at $7000) but not anything that's going to put downward price pressure on a used GC2.

Source: GSPro’s Uneekor channel on Discord

Nope.

Screenshot_20230324-112159.png

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, prusd said:

The mini is supposed to be released this month.  Does anybody here have it on order?  I would be very curious to see how it performs next to the MLM2Pro.

The mlm pro 2 holds up extremely well compared to GCQuad. The only variable that seems off is launch angle, but the generally consensus is that it will get fixed via firmware.

The main advantage to something like the eye mini is going to be space requirements. You don’t need minimum distance from LM to ball OR ball to impact screen/net.