2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

ProSENDR

slalomdude

I picked one up.  Only had it a couple days.  Did the protocols in the backyard and one range session.

I think it’s a great training aid to get your wrist in the right position in the top of the back swing.  I’ve long been a left wrist cupper who gets too flat and over extended in the backswing. 

using this gives me a feel of getting vertical with a lot of width in the backswing.  Seems like this allows me to get set at the top and just fire the hips and the clubs falls into and whips through the the slot on plane vs having to help the club with the arms.  Feels very efficient.  Ball flight was a little lower and more penetrating with an 8 iron.  

mill update next weekend after I’ve used about and played a round

• Like 1

Prosendr is worth it. All of these guys in here talking crap against it without using it. "Tie a shoehorn to your wrist" is comical but y'all are wild to think this is the same.  Funny to read someone saying they tried it but didn't like where their hand position got to, I wonder why! Lol. Too much radial action I'm sure. 

100% recommend the Prosendr especially for remote students, coming from a teaching professional in FL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the thorough review @fjk. It seems like a good tool to solidify the right wrist extension we all understand most good players have. I like what you said about implementing the videos instruction prior to getting the ProSendr I've been doing the same thing with good results.  Looking forward to giving it a try to at least get the feedback that I'm setting the right wrist in a good spot. Like any training aid as long as you use it as a supplement and don't expect it fix your swing for you it can be useful. I made that mistake with Planemate. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 3:47 PM, fjk said:

Foley encourage the user to set the wrist into the cradle "as early as possible."

I have one as well and for me the above advice from Foley was no-bueno.  Forces the club path too inside and that early wrist set is just unnatural to me - particularly with driver.  The ideal takeaway that I've had success with is keeping the club in front of you as you turn back - and getting the wrist set into the cradle that early is counter to that swing thought.

Instead, I focus on ensuring the wrist is set in the cradle at the top of the swing, and maintained as long as possible in the downswing.  Since I've adopted that process, using this aid at the range has really started to show results.  You can get into the correct position at the top and just let it rip (so long as you maintain the contact / angle).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, manima1 said:

I have one as well and for me the above advice from Foley was no-bueno.  Forces the club path too inside and that early wrist set is just unnatural to me - particularly with driver.  The ideal takeaway that I've had success with is keeping the club in front of you as you turn back - and getting the wrist set into the cradle that early is counter to that swing thought.

Instead, I focus on ensuring the wrist is set in the cradle at the top of the swing, and maintained as long as possible in the downswing.  Since I've adopted that process, using this aid at the range has really started to show results.  You can get into the correct position at the top and just let it rip (so long as you maintain the contact / angle).

Agree - top is what matters. 

also agree - setting into the cradle can cause it to rotate inside, but it doesn’t have to. 

I think a lot of us marry right wrist extension with supination. But you can extend without the club rotating back - just face rotating closed. I almost feel like I am pronating going back to p2 bc it’s a different feel than my normal. 

48 minutes ago, manima1 said:

I do this as well. Have used one time on range prior to round since I received it and shot a career low. Not sure if there is correlation or not, but going to continue to use it. Was on the fence about getting one but definitely glad that I did—better than any other aid I’ve used thus far and I’ve used a lot. Will add some more color soon

4 minutes ago, fjk said:

also agree - setting into the cradle can cause it to rotate inside, but it doesn’t have to. 

I think a lot of us marry right wrist extension with supination. But you can extend without the club rotating back - just face rotating closed. I almost feel like I am pronating going back to p2 bc it’s a different feel than my normal. 

Also, even though it’s the top that matters, for me working on extending right wrist into cradle before p2 and NOT whipping it inside is important because:

when I am at full speed, trying to get into the cradle at the top I will start whipping it inside before p2 as my usual move goes. So me working on staying neutral/“on plane” before p2 while still extending the right wrist into the cradle is important to separate that move from going inside early. 

I no longer mix right wrist extension with supination/external rotation (rolling it inside) in my feels. 

Edited by fjk

42 minutes ago, fjk said:

Also, even though it’s the top that matters, for me working on extending right wrist into cradle before p2 and NOT whipping it inside is important because:

when I am at full speed, trying to get into the cradle at the top I will start whipping it inside before p2 as my usual move goes. So me working on staying neutral/“on plane” before p2 while still extending the right wrist into the cradle is important to separate that move from going inside early. 

I no longer mix right wrist extension with supination/external rotation (rolling it inside) in my feels. 

Excellent review of the product, thanks! Not related to the ProSendr and just a general thought, I think what you're saying is crucial : ultimately it's P4 that is important and how it translate after, but I think a lot of amateurs make the false assumption that : I'll just whip it inside, lift my arms up and make sure my trail wrist is extended and not radial getting to P4 - while doing this inevitably, by sheer momentum, sends the COM of the club across the line and forces you to go radial at P4 to stop it. Too long of a backswing, and thus messes up your sequence (and/or puts lots of timely moves to make it work). From what it seems, the ProSendr looks to adress that, my 2 cents

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, manima1 said:

I'll have to try this myself.

Trying to set it early as possible is exactly what I was doing, and it wasn't working

Driver: TaylorMade Qi10 9* - Ventus Black 6S

Woods: TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 3 & 5 Wood - Ventus Black 7S

Hybrid: TaylorMade Qi10 Tour - Ventus Blue 85HYB Stiff

Irons: TaylorMade p790 & p770 Combo Set - KBS Tour 120g Stiff

Wedges: TaylorMade MG4 50 SB - 54 SB - 58 LBV - KBS Tour 120g Stiff

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour DB 35"

42 minutes ago, PickItUpGolf said:

I'll have to try this myself.

Trying to set it early as possible is exactly what I was doing, and it wasn't working

If you want, try doing it but pausing at p2 with club shaft parallel or outside hands. You’ll have to figure out how to turn/tilt without having rolled it inside. 

1 hour ago, fjk said:

Ah yes, good point you could close face to achieve.  Still - feels unnatural and I'm not sure it would be particularly effective for me to create depth in backswing.

It's just counter to the backswing checks I've learned and when I tried to do it Foley's way I had horrible results.  I'm sure I just wasn't doing it right but setting it at the top following my normal backswing protocol seems to be working!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, manima1 said:

Ah yes, good point you could close face to achieve.  Still - feels unnatural and I'm not sure it would be particularly effective for me to create depth in backswing.

It's just counter to the backswing checks I've learned and when I tried to do it Foley's way I had horrible results.  I'm sure I just wasn't doing it right but setting it at the top following my normal backswing protocol seems to be working!!

Certainly, whatever works for you is what is the "right" way! Hope it continues to help.

I've put mine up for sale locally, if it doesn't sell within a week I'll put it up here too.

Driver: TaylorMade Qi10 9* - Ventus Black 6S

Woods: TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 3 & 5 Wood - Ventus Black 7S

Hybrid: TaylorMade Qi10 Tour - Ventus Blue 85HYB Stiff

Irons: TaylorMade p790 & p770 Combo Set - KBS Tour 120g Stiff

Wedges: TaylorMade MG4 50 SB - 54 SB - 58 LBV - KBS Tour 120g Stiff

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour DB 35"

I joked with a friend who had a ProSENDR that I needed one for my left wrist, because my FEEL (which has more than a dash of reality) is that I need to CURL the right wrist (I'm a righty) and keep the cupping in the left wrist the entire backswing and into early transition.

So, basically, I need the AmRECVR or something.

Erik J. Barzeski | Erie, PA

GEARS • GCQuad MAX/FlightScope • SwingCatalyst/BodiTrak

I like the truth and facts. I don't deal in magic grits: 26. #FeelAintReal

"Golf is the only game in which a precise knowledge of the rules can earn one a reputation for bad sportsmanship." — Pat Campbell

7 hours ago, Mikee_j said:

Looks similar to what the Hanger training aid does for double the price. Any pros or cons over the hanger?

if you desire a right hand feel/feedback

more precise* positions your right wrist extension (if you think that’s important)

Easier to put on and off? Maybe?

can be used without a club to work on the right wrist positions/motions

Edited by fjk
typo
  • Like 1

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

On 7/23/2023 at 2:07 PM, LowAndLeft32 said:

Okay now that some of you have had the ProSENDER for a while, how about some more longer term reviews. Most import has it lead to consistent lower scores on the course. In my opinion that is the best way to judge the effectiveness of an aid. Thoughts?

I've had the ProSENDR since the first batch was sent out.  It's improved my ball striking with irons tenfold. Driver swing has been hit or miss.  I had been searching for something to give me the feels i needed for wrist conditions and this gave me that.  I was a rolling with a 4 HI that i could occasionally shoot even or under par to now a pretty consistent 1 HI.  Its not for everyone but if you struggle with bad wrist conditions this is game changing.

• Like 4

TM Qi10 LS - Ventus Blue 6X

TM Stealth 2+ 3W - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Titleist TSi3 3H - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Titleist T150 - KBS Tour 130X

Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw (50, 54) - DG S400

Vokey SM9 Black Raw - S400

Bettinardi Queen B #15

Here's a few photos from about 2 months ago when getting a lesson with the ProSENDR on.  Gets my wrists more flat and no cupping at the top. I had issues over hinging as well. If you watch the recent video Trottie does with David Woods, they talk about what the difference a pro is looking to use this for vs the 15 handicapper. 

20230804_180813.png

20230804_180819.png

• Like 4

TM Qi10 LS - Ventus Blue 6X

TM Stealth 2+ 3W - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Titleist TSi3 3H - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Titleist T150 - KBS Tour 130X

Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw (50, 54) - DG S400

Vokey SM9 Black Raw - S400

Bettinardi Queen B #15

How is everyone’s fitting? Mine arrived yesterday and it seems to fit but it’s not as snug as I would have thought. During my swing it seems to rotate. Yes I’ve tried tightening the strap. Also, how far up the back of the hand does everyone’s go? I imagine with various hand sizes and finger lengths but only one size Prosendr, this could lead to different results.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9* Tensei 1K White 70TX

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*): Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x; Diamana OG Whiteboard 73x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* - Diamana D+ Ltd. 80x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 915hd 20.5* @ 19.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400 or SM10 60.04T

Putter: Toulon Garage San Diego/Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5 / Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

10 hours ago, zenRT8 said:

The "free" ProSendr, the ProSendr you can use on the course as a practice swing, in the middle of a round, is the mini cross-handed swing to impact as explained by Pete Cowen in this video (4:20- 8:20). It took my index from 9 to scratch in a matter of months. Miraculous. 

9 to scratch in months?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pomps said:

How is everyone’s fitting? Mine arrived yesterday and it seems to fit but it’s not as snug as I would have thought. During my swing it seems to rotate. Yes I’ve tried tightening the strap. Also, how far up the back of the hand does everyone’s go? I imagine with various hand sizes and finger lengths but only one size Prosendr, this could lead to different results.

It’s not super snug but doesn’t rotate. I extend back with a slightly open hand when I put it on to find the correct spot up and down with my knuckles resting I a good spot, also taking care not to have rotated my forearm/wrist at all. 

maybe it rotates due to some of the moves you’re making? Try smaller and slower movements first?

I agree with an earlier poster that says you only get it in the cradle at the top otherwise it creates excessive extension at the end of takeaway which can then cause problems with how the shoulder works.  

Mark Bull the bio mechanics expert does a good piece on how the right arm works in the swing and the Cowen video linked above is also good.  

It’s also worth noting that pro sendr alone may not fix a faulty pivot/poor use of ground forces.  So although I think I like it I noticed my pivot went off in recent rounds so the pro sendr didn’t stop that.  

This game is so frustrating.  

Mine still fits too tight. Have to stretch it open to get it around my 9” wrist. I also got an extra, wide piece of Velcro from home depot so I can secure it on my wrist. My hand is wider than the Prosendr so I’m not sure where exactly to put it. Maybe that’s why I have trouble getting the compression ball in the right spot. 

2 hours ago, fjk said:

It’s not super snug but doesn’t rotate. I extend back with a slightly open hand when I put it on to find the correct spot up and down with my knuckles resting I a good spot, also taking care not to have rotated my forearm/wrist at all. 

maybe it rotates due to some of the moves you’re making? Try smaller and slower movements first?

Thanks for the feedback. I tried setting it closer to the hand further from the hand shifting it all around and even very very small chip shots, Can’t get my hand into the cradle especially where they say your index finger is supposed to be in that little lip. I can get it there when I don’t have a cold in my hand but when I grip a club my finger doesn’t get anywhere close to that lip. 

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9* Tensei 1K White 70TX

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*): Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x; Diamana OG Whiteboard 73x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* - Diamana D+ Ltd. 80x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 915hd 20.5* @ 19.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400 or SM10 60.04T

Putter: Toulon Garage San Diego/Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5 / Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

1 hour ago, Pomps said:

Thanks for the feedback. I tried setting it closer to the hand further from the hand shifting it all around and even very very small chip shots, Can’t get my hand into the cradle especially where they say your index finger is supposed to be in that little lip. I can get it there when I don’t have a cold in my hand but when I grip a club my finger doesn’t get anywhere close to that lip. 

The lip for me is only to prevent it from going too radial (thumbs up). I don’t really worry about feeling it otherwise.