2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

ProSENDR

slalomdude

If the main benefit of this device is providing tactile feel/feedback on trail wrist positions, wouldn't these two far cheaper devices do the exact same thing? How is ProSndr any different? 

https://www.amazon.com/TOTAL-GOLF-TRAINER-Arm-Throughout/dp/B078JXVD6L?ref_=ast_sto_dp
https://www.amazon.ca/GolfJOC-Power-Plus-Wrist-Trainer/dp/B004GZ4IWQ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Screen Shot 2023-09-07 at 9.48.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-07 at 10.58.25 PM.png

Alternatively, wouldn't repeated use of something like a Swingyde reinforce the same positions?

Am I missing something?

Screen Shot 2023-09-07 at 11.13.00 PM.png

Heck, I could buy all three of these for the price of the Prosndr. Or just the Swingyde and one of the wrist products and still have money left over for a tourstriker smart ball-style device. 

Edited by canuker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, canuker said:

If the main benefit of this device is providing tactile feel/feedback on trail wrist positions, wouldn't these two far cheaper devices do the exact same thing? How is ProSndr any different? 

https://www.amazon.com/TOTAL-GOLF-TRAINER-Arm-Throughout/dp/B078JXVD6L?ref_=ast_sto_dp
https://www.amazon.ca/GolfJOC-Power-Plus-Wrist-Trainer/dp/B004GZ4IWQ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Alternatively, wouldn't repeated use of something like a Swingyde reinforce the same positions?

Am I missing something?

Screen Shot 2023-09-07 at 11.13.00 PM.png

Heck, I could buy all three of these for the price of the Prosndr. Or just the Swingyde and one of the wrist products and still have money left over for a tourstriker smart ball-style device. 

That’s one way to go. 

12 hours ago, canuker said:

Am I missing something?

Both of those products have decidedly mixed reviews on Amazon.  Compare ProSndr, which is in used with dozens of tour pros and has many many user anecdotal reviews about ball striking improvement after implementing.

Gift ideas?  Products I have tested.

2 hours ago, CougarRed said:

Both of those products have decidedly mixed reviews on Amazon.  Compare ProSndr, which is in used with dozens of tour pros and has many many user anecdotal reviews about ball striking improvement after implementing.

Yes but if you read the reviews you'll see that some people are complaining about price, some others are about durability etc. Some people even complain that the feel and/or wrist position messed up their swing but  I have also found plenty of bad prosendr reviews saying the same thing. 

I'm not trying to throw shade at prosendr but if you really strip it back and look at what it is the training aid is trying to accomplish you'll see that all it is is training a wrist angle using a bent piece of material (carbon fiber in this case) and a wrist strap attached to your trail wrist. Both of these other devices are aimed at training a wrist angle using a bent piece of material (plastic and some rubber-foam type thing in these cases) using a wrist strap attached to your trail wrist. 

Basically, all three training aids are achieving the same feel using the same methods. The main difference (to my eyes) seems to be the cost of materials and marketing budgets (I work as a performance marketer so this stuff is my bread and butter) involved. It's still just the same feel. 

The same logic applies for something like the Smart Ball. It's literally just an inflatable ball and a lanyard. You can recreate that easily. Personally, I'd be happy paying the money for a smart ball if it weren't for the expensive shipping charges to Canada, but someone would be kidding themselves if they suggested the smartball was any different from any other similar ball training aid out there. Again, same feel. 

ANYWAYS, I've ordered both the above-mentioned wrist trainers and will be trying them out myself. Stoked to see people are loving their prosendrs tho! If I find success with either of these aids but run into durability issues I might even upgrade to a ProSendr myself!

Will report back. 

Edited by canuker
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CougarRed said:

Those pros were asked to try out the device and were filmed doing so. Very few of them actually endorse the product. I think Rory is the only one who uses it regularly. Same thing was done during the planemate launch and I own one of those. But don't fool yourself thinking all these Tour players endorse the product. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, naj959 said:

Those pros were asked to try out the device and were filmed doing so. Very few of them actually endorse the product. I think Rory is the only one who uses it regularly. Same thing was done during the planemate launch and I own one of those. But don't fool yourself thinking all these Tour players endorse the product. 

exactly, they roam the tour ranges and film pros trying it. The pros are always willing to try some new golf training aid. There was video of them having Rory use the plane mate as well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, canuker said:

Yes but if you read the reviews you'll see that some people are complaining about price, some others are about durability etc. Some people even complain that the feel and/or wrist position messed up their swing but  I have also found plenty of bad prosendr reviews saying the same thing. 

I'm not trying to throw shade at prosendr but if you really strip it back and look at what it is the training aid is trying to accomplish you'll see that all it is is training a wrist angle using a bent piece of material (carbon fiber in this case) and a wrist strap attached to your trail wrist. Both of these other devices are aimed at training a wrist angle using a bent piece of material (plastic and some rubber-foam type thing in these cases) using a wrist strap attached to your trail wrist. 

Basically, all three training aids are achieving the same feel using the same methods. The main difference (to my eyes) seems to be the cost of materials and marketing budgets (I work as a performance marketer so this stuff is my bread and butter) involved. It's still just the same feel. 

The same logic applies for something like the Smart Ball. It's literally just an inflatable ball and a lanyard. You can recreate that easily. Personally, I'd be happy paying the money for a smart ball if it weren't for the expensive shipping charges to Canada, but someone would be kidding themselves if they suggested the smartball was any different from any other similar ball training aid out there. Again, same feel. 

ANYWAYS, I've ordered both the above-mentioned wrist trainers and will be trying them out myself. Stoked to see people are loving their prosendrs tho! If I find success with either of these aids but run into durability issues I might even upgrade to a ProSendr myself!

Will report back. 

It’s obvious what it’s intending to do (“all it does”) is extend the right wrist. 

why it’s different from other aids like those you posted is that it gives feedback on how radially deviated you are, which it seems a lot of ams are too much so. It’s also feedback more broadly on the back of the hand, and the wrist strap is more stable. If you choose to trust its claims, it’s also set to some degree how much extension is desired, since the mold is rigid and the wrist strap holds it in place with some stability. 

the other aids you showed don’t really tell you how much to extend or what part of your hand should contact or what vector to extend toward or how much radial deviation is desired. They just give you some feedback you’re extending or not. 

it’s not for everyone but that is what it’s offering. If you just want to extend then the other aids seem fine. 

Edited by fjk

I've just had a golf lesson with this.  I think the price is crazy but I have to admit, I achieved more in one lesson with it than I did in 3 without it.  I've always struggled with trail wrist on the downswing.  I never knew just how radical the "feeling" had to be.  Keeping the trail wrist against the pad at impact was a game changer for me.   It feels very comfortable and good quality.  I'm from the UK so it'll cost me around $240 US plus postage and import fees 😳

On 8/10/2023 at 7:48 PM, GungHoGolf said:

Following up on my report of my first session with the Prosendr yesterday, today I went out with the boys and had my best ballstriking round of the year. Hit 10 fairways and 13 greens. The greens I missed were short easy chips. Was bogey-free and -1 through 16, then snapped a 3W OB on 17 (toughest hole), and took a triple. Parred 18 for a 74. Missed 7 birdie putts between 7-15 feet, or else it easily could have been my best round ever. Wind was blowing 12-18, temp 100+. 

So yeah, I’m glad I dropped two bills on it. Hope the good results last (knock on wood).

Ready to pull the trigger but curious about an update here @GungHoGolf - how's it going? 

Edited by Golf_Goof

15 minutes ago, Golf_Goof said:

Ready to pull the trigger but curious about an update here @GungHoGolf - how's it going? 

See my follow-up post here: 

Still feeling the positive effects and striking the ball better than ever. Don't practice with it every session, now that I know how and when I should be setting my wrists.

16 minutes ago, GungHoGolf said:

See my follow-up post here: 

Still feeling the positive effects and striking the ball better than ever. Don't practice with it every session, now that I know how and when I should be setting my wrists.

Missed that - thanks for the feedback. 

ETA: great round 👍

Edited by Golf_Goof
  • Thanks 1

The Prosendr is nothing more than a successor to Norman’s  secret with some upgraded materials along with a small ball.

The underlying idea behind the Prosendr is to teach the golfer to extend the trail wrist via tactile feedback mgoing back and to maintain some of this extension of the trail wrist at impact . Doing so will result in forward shaft lean at impact  along with delofting of the clubhead. 
.There are two problems with the underlying concepts of the Prosendr.

The first and most important is a genetic training aid problem. 
Can the feel of trail wrist extension be transferred to swings 

without the Prosendr  .

Second , does the golfer generate sufficient clubhead speed to take advantage of delofting  the clubhead at impact that accompanies forward shaft lean . For many slower swing speed golfers , more forward shaft lean and more delofting of the clubhead at impact will mean a loss of distance . 
For golfers wishing to save money , make your own Prosendr out of aluminum foil and attach it to your wrist via a piece of Velcro This was described on page 2 of  this topic . Next buy a small spiked ball at your local dollar store and attach it via duck tape .

On 9/13/2023 at 8:44 PM, golfarb1 said:

The Prosendr is nothing more than a successor to Norman’s  secret with some upgraded materials along with a small ball.

The underlying idea behind the Prosendr is to teach the golfer to extend the trail wrist via tactile feedback mgoing back and to maintain some of this extension of the trail wrist at impact . Doing so will result in forward shaft lean at impact  along with delofting of the clubhead. 

without the Prosendr  .

Second , does the golfer generate sufficient clubhead speed to take advantage of delofting  the clubhead at impact that accompanies forward shaft lean . For many slower swing speed golfers , more forward shaft lean and more delofting of the clubhead at impact will mean a loss of distance . 
For golfers wishing to save money , make your own Prosendr out of aluminum foil and attach it to your wrist via a piece of Velcro This was described on page 2 of  this topic . Next buy a small spiked ball at your local dollar store and attach it via duck tape .

It's nothing like greg Norman's one though.  The pro sender does not stop you from allowing normal wrist action during the swing.  Greg's one holds your wrist in one static possition.   I also don't get why it would negativity effect slow speed players.  Sure, too much shaft lean wouldn't be good but it's better than a flippy alternative.  That's who the pro sendr is aimed at.  It's also worth noting that a player with an early release isn't likely to be hitting tiger stingers overnight.  That would be upto the golfer to manage as and when they use the product. 

• Like 2

On 9/13/2023 at 3:44 PM, golfarb1 said:

without the Prosendr  .

I don’t know where you get your tin foil, but mine is .006” thick. The container it comes in has more rigidity 😆

Edited by Golf_Goof

On 9/13/2023 at 12:44 PM, golfarb1 said:

without the Prosendr  .

“Nothing more than.”

The number of people who provide “insight” or critique or alternatives to this device that don’t actually own one is amusing. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has one to sell, hit me up. thanks

WITB 2023

Titleist TSR3 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6x
Callaway Apex UT 17 Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7x
Sim 2 Rescue 19* Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 85X

TaylorMade P770 2017 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 120x
Titleist Vokey SM8 50*,54*,58*
Scoty Cameron Phantom X 9.5
Titleist Pro V 1 or TP5.

Titleist Linksmaster Club Bag

• 2 weeks later...

Mine should be delivered today. I'm looking forward to it. Wrist conditions at the top of the swing and in the downswing/impact have been the main focus of my coaching lessons with Cogorno Golf, as well as disconnected arm structure in the follow through. I already have a Hackmotion Pro (great product for monitoring and working on wrist conditions,) a Hanger from Watson Golf (also a great product, but I'm looking forward to the different feel accomplishing the same thing with ProSendr,) a knockoff Smart Ball (it works, but combining two aids into one without needing to reset the ball after every swing seems like a nice addition,) and I just returned a Precision Impact aid (I like the concept of the ProSendr better as it doesn't require a fair amount of resistance to "set" the wrist, and it doesn't lock them in.)

I'm not expecting a magical transformation overnight, more of a positive reinforcement of feels as I continue to work on my swing daily. I've been making progress since starting to work with my coach two months ago, but if this aid speeds progress it'll be worth the money. That said, I have a fairly liberal golf budget and am able to justify $200 ish purchases relatively easily. Realistically, I'd pay many multiples of that to make fast progress on the quality of my swing. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just got one and did some mirror work and a bunch of time at the range. As others have said, it is very similar to Greg Norman's Secret except the Prosendr doesn't lock you into the cradle the way GNS does. And it does come with a little compression ball.

What I like: it helps minimize flipping at impact, resulting in really solid ball striking

What I didn't like: The design is awful. It is hard to put on your wrist, and it doesn't stay in place well at all. I spent half the time adjusting the darn thing (I am a normal sized guy). The instruction videos are unfocused, vague and needlessly wordy. I found it worthless for my backswing position. The compression ball does nothing for me. And the cost is just an incredible ripoff.

I used to get lessons from Slicefixer, and one of his basic premises was to keep trail wrist extension at impact. It produced amazingly solid ball flight. I got away from this for a lot of little reasons (stupid of me). There are a lot of ways to train for this, and as others in this thread have pointed out, there are many more affordable aids out there to help achieve this. I'm sending mine back tomorrow.

• Like 3