2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

ProSENDR

slalomdude

I have used it a bit over the last few days but can’t say it’s helped me yet.  My son is a big fan but trained with it a lot to start to get the changes he’s desired.  I will persist with it but it’s certainly not a silver bullet that improves you after limited use as far as I can see.  I’d hoped I’d be a bit better at least but probably played worse today.   

On 2/14/2023 at 4:11 AM, Body_Visions said:

I can’t see how this would be any more effective than the Tour Striker Flex Click.

Quoting myself because I ordered it two weeks ago.  All I can say is that had I known it would work as well as it does, I would have paid  twice as much for it.  It is a great product, much better than the Flex Click or any like it.  

I have never liked any of the smart balls, and I have tried most, but think I’m going to like the setup for that as well.

Has anyone bought the premium videos?  Are they worth it, or should one just stick to learning on his own?

Edited by Body_Visions

Got my Prosendr last week. Took it straight to the range. I’m an 8-10 cap, been playing for over 30 years. Was really, really pleased with it. I’ve had lessons before, watch endless YouTube instructional vids, not afraid to try new things/feels to try and get better. This tool had me hitting shots out of my usual  suckiness. Sets hands at a position that unfortunately feels foreign to me ( correctly) and delivers the club in a way that produces shots I’m not regularly accustomed to. High, flat, low spin shots. I’m a decent iron player, struggle with hitting driver consistently. Couldn’t believe how these balls were coming off my club. Provides great connection through swing. Definitely a different feel to load and deliver club, wasn’t a magic cure all with every swing. But, I’m confident that continuing to work with it will get me playing better golf. Would buy again. 

I think a lot of most swing faults, including mine is due to takeaway. This helps set your first three feet and your turn. Helped me in limited use. Wish there was a bigger Velcro strap as well. Also better video on how to position. And zoomed views of the orientation of the protocols etc. 

On 7/11/2023 at 5:52 AM, connorbills said:

Curious to see how normal golfers are getting on with this, See this all over my Instagram feed at every PGA event and obviously pro golfers can swing better 1 handed then most us here let alone using the prosenr

Been great for me struggling with smothered hooks and topped fairway woods. My wrist structure and rear arm position were utter crap. ProSendr has tidied my issues up. Nice straight ball flight at the practice tee today. I’ve been home for 4 hours and I can still feel the position the wrist sleeve gets me into. I’ve only used the sphere for chipping. I tried a full swing with it and it was too much for me to concentrate on at this point. 

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

On 7/23/2023 at 5:07 PM, LowAndLeft32 said:

Okay now that some of you have had the ProSENDER for a while, how about some more longer term reviews. Most import has it lead to consistent lower scores on the course. In my opinion that is the best way to judge the effectiveness of an aid. Thoughts?

Many have probably moved on and will buy the next $200 miracle device that comes out. 

• Haha 1

Used it a bit more and thinking I may be starting to make progress.  

My son had to add a bit of hack motion work to get the feels needed but last round he hit a few shots like a tour pro and as good as anything I’ve seen.  

If we can get continued progress it could get a big tick.  

We are combining with an occasional session with a golf biomechanics guy.  

I played my back 9 in one under gross last week so it suggests some progress although not consistent yet so we’ll see.  

• Like 1

Was hanging around the range while my wife had her lesson today. Her pro took out a ProSender to help her set the club to promote better compression. He handed it to me afterwards to try out. I ordered one the moment I got home. It targets my exact issue of getting limited trail wrist extension then flipping my hands at it through impact. The feel of getting my trail hand into the cradle on the way back, then holding it there just a tad past impact created 7 irons that were magic. The ball made a different sound leaving the club face. It was the feel of proper compression. If this aid can engrain that feel, im happy to pay up. 

• Thanks 1

TM Brnr Mini Driver 13.5(12)

TM RBZ Stage2 3Hy 

TM RBX Stage2 4Hy

Ping G410 5-U

Ping Glide 3.0 SS 52/56

Ping Sigma G Craz-e. 

Either I was using mine wrong, or I am now going a different route with my coach.

Not sure which it is yet tbh with you all.

When I first started using it, you'll see from my posts in this thread that I was seeing good results right away, but I think it created a swing fault, where i'd set the club into the "cradle" too early, and I started getting a lot of fat/chunky shots.

So I went and got lessons, and we started unf*cking my swing by addressing the takeaway, keeping my hands more neutral and having a less "wristy" takeaway.

Maybe for setting the club at the top or through the impact position it could still work for me, but I'm leaving it alone for now.

Driver: TaylorMade Qi10 9* - Ventus Black 6S

Woods: TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 3 & 5 Wood - Ventus Black 7S

Hybrid: TaylorMade Qi10 Tour - Ventus Blue 85HYB Stiff

Irons: TaylorMade p790 & p770 Combo Set - KBS Tour 120g Stiff

Wedges: TaylorMade MG4 50 SB - 54 SB - 58 LBV - KBS Tour 120g Stiff

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour DB 35"

3 hours ago, PickItUpGolf said:

When I first started using it, you'll see from my posts in this thread that I was seeing good results right away, but I think it created a swing fault, where i'd set the club into the "cradle" too early, and I started getting a lot of fat/chunky shots.

Did the instructions really recommend to go to full trail wrist extension in the takeaway or shortly after, or did you do that on your own?

49 minutes ago, GungHoGolf said:

Did the instructions really recommend to go to full trail wrist extension in the takeaway or shortly after, or did you do that on your own?

This is what I said:

but I think it created a swing fault, where i'd set the club into the "cradle" too early

I'd set the club into the cradle too early, me

It didn't say, "set your wrists right into the cradle as soon as possible" and that's what created the fault.

I started trying to set my wrist into it as soon as possible and that's what created the fault.

I need to give it another try really before deciding if I want to get rid of it or not.

But for now I'm getting those lessons TXG said it'd save me paying for, and not using it at all.

23 hours ago, GungHoGolf said:

One of the Yt videos with foley and wood mention this. 

It becomes a problem bc most people also radial deviate and supinate with the trail hand extension. Ie roll it inside. You can extend right wrist without taking the clubhead off plane, but I had to learn/train that move. Feels almost like I pronate right forearm a bit on takeaway. 

Edited by fjk
  • Like 1

As someone who once got heavily involved in a training aid business; and went all out with infommercials and paying arguably the best instructor in golf history, I'm watching this ProSendr adventure with a lot of curiosity.  The economics/marketing are interesting, but fundamentally I'm wondering does it actually work?

It is very strange to me that for a product with what looks like pretty successful marketing, there is hardly a peep on this forum.  Clearly, not many people here are using this regularly, let alone reporting real results.  The adoption is quite anemic.  Is it the $169 price point?

I also find it curious this training aid is supposed to equally help those with very different release points / feels?  The hacker is supposed to hold the angle past impact, but the pro is just using it to reinforce their feel at the top and just do their normal release.  Of course the pro would love this, they are pros.  They can smash a ball with a wide variety of feels.  Tiger has won majors with three different swings...or is it four?  But a hacker handle dragging their way?  Seems like a recipe for disaster.

I genuinely think it's a great training aid for pros which is why they are willing to show their face on Instagram using it.  And I know most of them after not being paid.  It's something portable that helps reinforce a preferred feel.

But I really want to hear about the results from the 10 handicap struggling with consistency.  Really... Any handicap who tightened their dispersion using this thing.  I wouldn't be surprised by a beginner / 24 handicap getting great results because they do not understand a good wrist position/release in the first place.  A light bulb goes off and now they are onto something.  But show me someone who kind of already gets it and just needed something to help get it together.

Weird... With all of the hype, I would have thought this would be a 30 page thread by now.  The coat hanger / lanyard ball has way more interest.  Again, price point???  I'm thinking there are a lot of people wondering the same as me...does it work?

• Like 1

I’m still a bit undecided with it.  Had a great practice session earlier in the week but played more like a 12 handicap again since then than a 5 or less.  

my son doesn’t try to get in the cradle until past his P2 position but likes it as a tool still.  

I feel that continued training with it may prove very good but too early to say.  Certainly not an instant miracle worker but I suppose nothing is.  And I’m not sure if it helps anymore than a hack motion.  

@CasualLie

I began the golf season at a 8.1 and ballooned to a 13.7 thanks to a case of the nasty lefts. Zero confidence with anything longer than 9i. The ProSendr has helped me eliminate my hook that I posted about up the page. It works to bring better trail wrist and arm positioning to my swing. I had several lessons from my long-term coach that couldn’t get me the right series of feels to help my hook. Last lesson, ProSendr in hand, I put it on before hitting a ball. While watch the videos I worked at landing my hand in the cradle. My coach and I watched the first few protocol videos on YT and then went right to it. After slomo’ing 20 balls with SW keeping the wrist in the cradle throughout the swing. Every ball was right down the target line. Next we moved to 7i again focusing on keeping wrist contact with the cradle. Results were arrow straight flighted shots with more compression than normal. Eventually I went to full swing mode and my release pattern didn’t change even though my wrist left the cradle due to momentum. I was landing balls in the middle of the 175 green time after time. My normal 7i carry is 165 with range balls. The only other club I had with me was 3 wood. Off the deck or off the tee, every ball was a nice acceptably straight ball that carried longer than my normal 3 wood. My coach grabbed his driver (TSR3 10° with 1K Blk 65S @ 45”) just to see what would happen. It was the same old routine of straight, hard hit balls with more carry than typical. My coach ended our session by telling me to keep using “that thing”.

I’ve gone to the range 3 more times and the results have excellent. I haven’t even incorporated the sphere yet and may not. My confidence is growing each time out and best of all I can repeat the swing when not wearing the ProSendr. 

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

8 hours ago, CasualLie said:

As someone who once got heavily involved in a training aid business; and went all out with infommercials and paying arguably the best instructor in golf history, I'm watching this ProSendr adventure with a lot of curiosity.  The economics/marketing are interesting, but fundamentally I'm wondering does it actually work?

It is very strange to me that for a product with what looks like pretty successful marketing, there is hardly a peep on this forum.  Clearly, not many people here are using this regularly, let alone reporting real results.  The adoption is quite anemic.  Is it the $169 price point?

I also find it curious this training aid is supposed to equally help those with very different release points / feels?  The hacker is supposed to hold the angle past impact, but the pro is just using it to reinforce their feel at the top and just do their normal release.  Of course the pro would love this, they are pros.  They can smash a ball with a wide variety of feels.  Tiger has won majors with three different swings...or is it four?  But a hacker handle dragging their way?  Seems like a recipe for disaster.

I genuinely think it's a great training aid for pros which is why they are willing to show their face on Instagram using it.  And I know most of them after not being paid.  It's something portable that helps reinforce a preferred feel.

But I really want to hear about the results from the 10 handicap struggling with consistency.  Really... Any handicap who tightened their dispersion using this thing.  I wouldn't be surprised by a beginner / 24 handicap getting great results because they do not understand a good wrist position/release in the first place.  A light bulb goes off and now they are onto something.  But show me someone who kind of already gets it and just needed something to help get it together.

Weird... With all of the hype, I would have thought this would be a 30 page thread by now.  The coat hanger / lanyard ball has way more interest.  Again, price point???  I'm thinking there are a lot of people wondering the same as me...does it work?

Definitely not encouraging handle dragging - but I understand why people would think that’s the case. Right wrist extension is usually mixed up along with radial deviation, which the aid has a limit on. 

I have hit it very well in my practice today using the pro sendr.  I put on my hack motion to check it and was generally achieving my target of at least 15 degrees more left wrist flexion at impact than address.  Usually if I’m even 10 degrees more I start hitting it well.  That was as good as I’ve ever been with my wrist flexion in a practice session where I used the hack motion too.  

I feel like it’s just time before it starts going to the course more frequently and that I just need to get the reps in.  I am currently averaging about 8 greens in regulation per round in recent weeks but should be up around 11 or more when I’m hitting the ball well.  It’s progress from my winter slump when I was awful and a 75 last week and a 76 the week before that mean some rounds are getting quite decent but I am not consistent yet and still playing to much mediocre stuff around the 9 to 14 handicap mark.  

My son is playing plus handicap golf again too so it’s definitely starting to filter into his game.  

18 hours ago, CasualLie said:

mine arrives next week. Will let you know as I fit the mold above 

On 7/27/2023 at 8:12 PM, fjk said:

One of the Yt videos with foley and wood mention this. 

It becomes a problem bc most people also radial deviate and supinate with the trail hand extension. Ie roll it inside. You can extend right wrist without taking the clubhead off plane, but I had to learn/train that move. Feels almost like I pronate right forearm a bit on takeaway. 

Are there any video that explain better how to set the wrists up?

Because I think what you're describing is exactly where I went wrong, but I can't blame the proSENDR for that, it was me trying to get into the cradle I feel.

I just try copy the look in the protocol videos. The right wrist just flexes backwards for me although putting it in the cradle does also cause some upward hinging of the wrists too by P2 (end of takeaway). 

I am about 300 balls in (a few reps for each ball) and it’s increasingly starting to show on the course.  I thought it was a dud at first and hit loads of shanks initially.  But now I’m increasingly flushing it in practice and it’s starting to go to the course.  11 greens in regulation tonight playing off the tips.  My driver felt easy to hit for the first time in ages.  After I set the wrist in the cradle I have right shoulder external rotation to the top (which keeps the right elbow down rather than flying off behind me) and the forearms rotate a bit too after I hit the parallel at p2.  I also try keep the club and arms in front of me ie left arm is parallel to my foot line and slightly in front of my toes when it is parallel to the ground.  The mixture of forearm rotation, right external shoulder rotation and setting the wrist in the cradle then put the club on plane from here.  From there I’m just trying to give the ball a whack with my right side.  

But I topped about 5-6 shots too tonight where I moved off it too much in my backswing or failed to commit to whacking it which cost me about 4 strokes and that was my main miss in my slump before this so it’s not completely out my system yet.  The rest was all really solid stuff with about 30 good to really good full swing shots (about 3-4 distance wedges in that). 

The protocols are worth repeated study.  I’m increasingly a fan.  

Anyone mind posting some pics/video of how they're using it?

Because I am wondering if my problem is that I'm just not seeing the setup/usage properly in the videos, and just messing it up.

Want to give it a proper try and see how I get on with it, before selling it.

I went ahead and purchased one because it looked interesting enough and I have more time to practice than actually play these days.

The wrist action getting it into the cradle is consistent with what I already do (or try to do) so it’s not a totally foreign feeling. That was positive reinforcement and I suppose will at least help maintain consistency as I continue to use it.

The biggest benefit for me appears to actually be the ball between the wrists to keep that connection. I always thought about getting one of the other training aids that does this and just never followed through so I don’t know if it is as good or better than those options but has certainly helped me.

@Duffer Mark  no I don’t do 15 reps of each.  

I do a lot of the takeaway and backswing drills in my living room at night though. 

At the range I’ll do 2-5 practice reps of takeaway moving into backswing and then transition (micro pauses at each stage) before hitting a ball.  I also hit air balls in the garden with it.  

I take it off for the last 10-15 balls and try recreate the feels in my real swing.  

It was only this week when I started to really ace it in practice during a long session.  I hit the ball mostly very well when I played the next day.  After I added a little forearm rotation after my takeaway (my club is little hooded at P2) with the right shoulder external rotation I started to hit gold with my longer clubs like driver.

I have struggled with the correct wrist action for years especially since I gave up tennis and had the wrong concept for how to load my wrists based on faulty teachings.  I made good progress at times in recent years using initially Mike Bender path drills and then a hack motion only to lose it after a view bad lessons over the winter.  This really nails it and is better even than what I was doing when my ball striking was good last year.

The protocols seem very simple but really it is once you get the feeling of keeping that right wrist pushing into the cradle.  Being very right handed I find this much easier to do than motor cycle drills in transition.  Once it’s in place I can really rotate hard through the shot.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PickItUpGolf said:

Anyone mind posting some pics/video of how they're using it?

Because I am wondering if my problem is that I'm just not seeing the setup/usage properly in the videos, and just messing it up.

Want to give it a proper try and see how I get on with it, before selling it.

I don’t have any of me.  Here is my son hitting balls with it in the shed a few weeks back.  He’s improved since then. 

• Like 2