2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

ProSENDR

slalomdude

• 3 weeks later...

I like golf drill gadgets, but tried this device and sent it back.  Concept seems sound.  Maybe it's my skinny wrist, but I felt like the cuff was moving around and didn't provide any feedback that was useful.  I found the ball between the wrists cumbersome.   The ball seemed overly large for how close it has to sit to your wrists (vs. elbows) to stay attached to the velcro.  Maybe the point is to force you to squeeze it. 

Lastly, their free videos could be more focused.  After seeing those, I wasn't going to spring for the paid videos.

Clearly I am not their ideal customer.  

Just bought off the site today and am hoping it will be here for the weekend.  With all the positive feedback on this, I figured I would give it a shot.  I tend to overcock the wrists at the top and get a bit radial (which I now know how to fix), but this should help be a positive reinforcement to what I'm working on.

Just got mine and my initial impression is that it does what’s expected. The market and videos are a little overhyped.

The amount of “luxury” feel that they advertise made me laugh as soon as I opened the package. At the price point, having a fake carbon fiber, hydrodipped piece of plastic and a Velcro strap that does work well for putting on with one hand is a big eye roll. Inspired to make one to fix those things for myself and sell this one. 

So, how do you fix the overcooked radial?  I’ve yet to figure that out. 

“Just bought off the site today and am hoping it will be here for the weekend.  With all the positive feedback on this, I figured I would give it a shot.  I tend to overcock the wrists at the top and get a bit radial (which I now know how to fix), but this should help be a positive reinforcement to what I'm working on.”

My son and I have had for a long time.  It’s a good tool but more progress has been made by improving body motion/pivot.  

My son has drilled his pivot endlessly and also uses the practice aid with the bands a lot for this which improves the way he rotates.  He’s now playing better than ever.  He also films his swing a lot to check his positions.  

For example he played in a 4 somes at the weekend off long tees (not all full championship but still around 6,800) at a tough British open venue (his partner a former county junior champion).  Said he didn’t hit a bad shot all day and they were 4 under par.  They could only do this by both playing very well but he says his swing is now so much more dependable.  When he gets his putter sharp his swing is good enough to repeat and play consistently good shots.  He says his matches are a lot less exciting now unless he comes up against top plus handicap opponents.  

Our conclusion is that although it’s a good aid there’s absolutely no substitute for reworking your body pivot and lots of filming to check the pivots going the right way.  It’s a really hard change to make but months of very disciplined practice has been transformative for him.  If I can recover from my recent surgeries I aim to follow his example.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, harveythomas said:

My son and I have had for a long time.  It’s a good tool but more progress has been made by improving body motion/pivot.  

My son has drilled his pivot endlessly and also uses the practice aid with the bands a lot for this which improves the way he rotates.  He’s now playing better than ever.  He also films his swing a lot to check his positions.  

For example he played in a 4 somes at the weekend off long tees (not all full championship but still around 6,800) at a tough British open venue (his partner a former county junior champion).  Said he didn’t hit a bad shot all day and they were 4 under par.  They could only do this by both playing very well but he says his swing is now so much more dependable.  When he gets his putter sharp his swing is good enough to repeat and play consistently good shots.  He says his matches are a lot less exciting now unless he comes up against top plus handicap opponents.  

Our conclusion is that although it’s a good aid there’s absolutely no substitute for reworking your body pivot and lots of filming to check the pivots going the right way.  It’s a really hard change to make but months of very disciplined practice has been transformative for him.  If I can recover from my recent surgeries I aim to follow his example.  

Practice aid with the bands? Care to elaborate more? My pivot needs work 😅

I got mine for Christmas but really couldn't get much work with it until Feb. I hit balls with it a couple of times before trying to play using the “new” approach. 

I am now about 30 days and 45 holes played in and could not be happier with this aid. My only regret is that I didn't record a “before” swing to be able to compare it to my new move. 

YMMV but I am a big-time believer and look forward to using this to tune up my swing whenever I need it.

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0O

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined
Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 12:59 PM, rhino305 said:

Just get a Greg Norman "Secret" trainer and use it without the finger strap.

The Greg Norman Secret

Yep, going to dig my secret out of my garage and see how this works as a “Prosendr” hack without the finger strap. 

Edited by nupezb
Needing to make a clarification.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nupezb said:

Yep, going to dig my secret out of my garage and see how this works as a “Prosendr” hack without the finger strap. 

I have one of these too. I even had the Norman video where he demonstrates hitting all kinds of shots with it including bunker shots and maybe even putts. 

Seems like it would benefit from having a velcro band that wraps around the palm between the thumb and the base of the index finger would be an improvement but it would make it hard to grip the club. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, zenman4711 said:

Are you trying to hold the hinge for too long?

I’ve used it with driver and if anything have hooked with it but my normal ball flight is a draw…

Definitely trying to keep it there until P6 s as described in the protocols, although they only ever swing it with irons…

What helped me was to remember ulnar deviation at start of downswing without unhinging until later.

Tyler Ferrell explanantion:

Ultimately, we want to remember that the unhinge works vertically and not "down the plane". That is, we want to avoid unhinging towards the ball; it should work up & down, while the delivery of the club into impact will be driven more by our body/pivot. If you have been working on this pattern, but are still struggling with pulls and steep contact, this clarification may help. 

I keep going back and forth with it. The first day I got it it felt life changing. However, I keep going back and forth about whether its working or not for my swing. I think the tricky part is how you approach the backswing and whether you try to follow the protocols (basic youtube ones) about contacting it immediately which feels hard or do your own thing. Those of you who use it did you go full protocols or something different?

32 minutes ago, v333 said:

has anyone done a head to head comparison of  "precision impact vs pro sendr"?  would enjoy hearing the pro's/cons of each.

I’ve used and owned both. Own a precision impact pro currently . Not really a fan of either of them. Slightly prefer the precision impact, for me it allowed me to retain more angle than the pro sendr and developed a better feel 

• Thanks 1

Wouldn't the TGT Arm trainer accomplish the same thing except for a lot less price, and possibly better fit?

TOTAL GOLF TRAINER ARM Aid - to Improve Chipping, Pitching & Full Swing - Lead & Trail Hand/Wrist/Arm Movement to Control Club Face - Straight Lead Arm - Width in Trail Arm - Wrist Hinge & Create Lag

https://a.co/d/5ztZtWX

• 2 weeks later...

Have just picked one of these up and noticed that it really helps with a recentering pressure shift which I wasn't expecting.

The sensation of trying to keep the back of the right hand in the cradle for as long as possible in the backwswing seems to have the benefit of encouraging a shift to the left hand side before starting the downswing. Without that shift its much harder to keep the hand in the cradle throughout the transition.

For me I have had success with trying to keep the trail hand in the cradle until P6 on the downswing, my normal miss is to throw the hands from the top with low point behind the ball

Very promising

• 2 weeks later...

I've had mine for about a month now and it's great. There are obviously imitations for 30-50 bucks elsewhere and it's not hard to find them and they are pretty much identical. I happened to get one through here for half price, so I just went with the official one instead of buying one of the knockoffs. I'm really loving it, I've always had a problem with my wrist set and this plus working on dropping my hands to my right pocket while staying closed have done wonders for me. Golf kind of fell by the wayside the last couple summers with being a new dad but I've been getting back into it and practicing a lot more this year and it's paying off. I actually end up utilizing this a lot at home, just wearing it and working on swings in the mirror for 15-20 minutes while watching sports every night.

One thing I'll say, if you buy one and return it...good luck getting a refund. I'm going on about 3 weeks of them saying they haven't found the package yet despite tracking showing it delivered and was signed for at the correct location. I originally bought one directly from them and then had someone reach out on here the day I got the new one so I bought that one and immediately returned the brand new one. Looking like I'm going to have to go through my bank and do a charge back or something if this continues on another week with the runaround and refusal to refund my money. So, just a heads up to anyone interested in trying it with the thought of returning it if they don't find it useful.

On 5/1/2024 at 7:04 PM, pusb365 said:

Got one of the ebay knock off versions, first time using it today 

Really like the position it gets me in at the top, I'm normally more across the line and my lead arm is usually lower than my shoulder plane 

Screenshot_20240501-190255.png.10a9411021ccc010c9ad5c4e5b460ac7.png

What does this knock off version look like? Do you have a link?

**WITB**

Titleist TSR2 10*, D1, 44.5'' - Ventus Red 6x

Titleist TS2 15*, D1, 42'' - Kai'li Blue Prototype 80TX

Titleist TSR2 Hybrid 18*, A1, 40.25'' - Atmos TS Blue 8X

Titleist T150 4i - AMT Tour White X100 Black Onyx

Titleist 620CB 5-PW - DGX100 120

Titleist SM9 Raw - 52F, 56F, 60D - AMT Tour White S300

Toulon San Diego (2022), 32'', Golf Pride Pro Only Cord Green Star

TP5x