2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Titleist 2023 irons

Wonderboy

4 hours ago, I'_rather_be_golfing said:

Hi guys, I'm fighting a nasty hook/draw with my new T200 7-W with Project x LZ 6.0 bent 1 degree strong and 2 degrees flat. I was fitted into these shafts. And during my fitting it was a mixture of draws and hooks. So the 2 degrees flat and project x lz shaft helped straighten my ball a little. But was still drawing the ball too much for my liking on the course. I went back to the PGA superstore. Had my T200 specs checked and it was 2 degrees flat and 1 degree strong. I was averaging 5.5 degrees closed face at impact with 7-9 iron. The wedges I was pretty square at impact with a high straight ball. They had me try different shafts, weight, and flexes again. The project x lz had the best results again.  But here is the weird part I cant understand. And The guys at PGA store cant understand. My T350 7-W with the same shaft and bent 2 degrees flat. I was averaging just below 1 degree closed face at impact with a very slight draw. Any ideas guys? can it be head weight issue? They seem to think its more a swing issue then a club issue now. My previous 2019 T200 with the same shaft and flex it was pretty straight for the most part. Sometimes I'll have a bad swing and would hook. But I no longer have the clubs so I can't even compare it.

Numbers don’t lie, I think you send me the t200 immediately. 

I have my 4th fitting scheduled with Club Champion this Saturday. It’s the 4th because I’ve backed out, the fitter was sick another time. I keep searching for a Titleist fitting close to me and can’t find anything. I’m doing whole bag fitting, it is on a TM and with Pro V1, but it’s only 7i and I’m not even sure what lofts they use for wedges. Should I go to fitting or keep holding out for a Titleist fitting. 

On 9/18/2023 at 9:45 AM, callofthewild said:

Barring a catastrophe with what's in the box when they arrive (touch wood), Titleist is killing it with the deliverables on my order. I was fit through a Titleist fitter on 9/11 and my clubs are scheduled to arrive tomorrow 9/19. I ordered Vokeys, T100 irons and a T150 iron with C-Taper Lites and Tour Velvet Plus4 grips. All standard length, lie and loft except for one of the wedges. I'd also note I'm just outside DC and they shipped from CA so they are going cross country. I won't be surprised if the T150 5-iron is missing but I'd be pumped to have everything else. Fingers crossed. 

I am also outside of DC. Where did you get fit and with which fitter? 

WITB:

Woods: Titleist TSR2 9° Driver, TSR2 3 wood, Titleist T200 2iron

Irons: 2023 Titleist T150 (4-GW)

Wedges: 54D12°, 60M08° Wedges

Putter: Spider Tour Z

Ball: TP5x

3 hours ago, maximusppl said:

This is how I found mine. 

https://www.titleist.com/locator?searchtype=fit

Find a Titleist Fitting Pro near you. Colin Fisher is the one who fits for Titleist in the area, he's awesome.

Edited by jak77
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, maximusppl said:

If you use that link and click on Jake Watsons schedule.   The October 23rd date is at my course.  Jake does an incredible job as well 

He was just there last week and fit me for FW’s.  I already the irons.   The fitting is outside and he will have just about every shaft available.  

5 hours ago, jak77 said:

This is how I found mine. 

https://www.titleist.com/locator?searchtype=fit

Find a Titleist Fitting Pro near you. Colin Fisher is the one who fits for Titleist in the area, he's awesome.

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

13 hours ago, maximusppl said:

As mentioned by others, I worked with Colin Fisher. Found him through the Team Titleist fitting page. Went to 1757 Club out near Dulles because the fitting was on grass and using ProV1s. He was great and the fitting was very collaborative. 

46 minutes ago, callofthewild said:

As mentioned by others, I worked with Colin Fisher. Found him through the Team Titleist fitting page. Went to 1757 Club out near Dulles because the fitting was on grass and using ProV1s. He was great and the fitting was very collaborative. 

Yup that’s where I did mine. Great experience overall. 

I finally found some time to take my blended set to the range and collect some trackman range data (with range balls, hitting off of range mats). The T150s with PX LZ 6.5 feel great to me, however, the set will need some fine tuning. I am not too concerned about peak height at this point because the measurement is affected by the slope of the range and I will have to get some on course time and indoor trackman data to assess whether they are playable. 

My personal big disappointment are the T200 and T350 (same shaft as T150s) imo. I was hoping for some added forgiveness in the long irons, but I hit them significantly worse than the T150s. The gapping in these long irons does not make much sense, dispersion gets significantly worse and ball speed does not hold up. They just do not work for me. The T350 has a somewhat manageable but constant tendency to go left because of the significant offset (my typical miss is long left). It looks I will have to find a T150 5 and 4 iron to hit or I might drop the 4 iron and use the 21* UW instead.  

EDIT: The distance gap between the T150 8 and T150 7 is also interesting, particularly given the perfect 5 mph ball speed gap. Looks like the 8i is launching too high. 

image.png.d265391da3367be835ec180e156f4e7c.png

Edited by AlpineGolf
  • Like 1

Life has been crazy so I haven’t played in weeks. But today I was able to play 18 for the first time with my new T200s. They look good and feel good! My good shots are better and my bad shots are less bad. I think that has more to do with the shaft (KBS Tour 120s) but these are nice. Very happy overall. 

• Like 2

Finally got mine! Looks, feel and performance all there! My buddy has the previous generation T200 same shafts and he hit mine a few times and he noticed the feel difference. He kept also commenting how they look so much better now! Performance is on par or even slightly more distance. 

IMG_4661.jpeg

• Like 4

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TITLEIST TSR1 - 20 - MMTHybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM10 Raw 48F/53F/58T- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / SWAG Redrum

I just ordered the T-100 irons 3-GW.

On a whim I looked at them and love how the face sits behind the ball. Slightly longer face and thinner topline compared to my current Mizuno Pro 223. I demoed them with the Nippon Modus 105 shafts, and they were perfect!

Its a special order because the Nippon don't come stock. I am excited to get them.

I am also excited to get a real 3 iron again.

Driver: Titleist TSR3 - Fujikura Ventus TR Velocore Red 6-X 

3 wood: Titleist TSR2 - Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 7-X

3-GW: Titleist T-100 Nippon N.S.Pro Nodus Tour 105 S

SW, LW: Callaway Jaws RAW 54* and 58*

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 6.5

Ball: MaxFli Tour-x; Titleist ProV1; Callaway Chrome soft X

58 minutes ago, mtex22 said:

Finally got mine! Looks, feel and performance all there! My buddy has the previous generation T200 same shafts and he hit mine a few times and he noticed the feel difference. He kept also commenting how they look so much better now! Performance is on par or even slightly more distance. 

IMG_4661.jpeg

How about some pics of top line view on scoring irons. 

1 hour ago, Pens #1 fan said:

I might of missed this, but I’m on Titleist site everyday a few times a day, when did they add MMT and looks like some price drops and shafts are gone. They lowered Recoil 95 $12 dollars and 110 no longer in there. 

Recoil 110 was discontinued by UST Mamiya.  Current shaft is the Recoil DART, which comes in 65/75/90/105 weights.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

33 minutes ago, dwboston said:

Recoil 110 was discontinued by UST Mamiya.  Current shaft is the Recoil DART, which comes in 65/75/90/105 weights.

Got it, probably why they dropped price on recoil 95 to $17 per. I don’t remember seeing Dart on Titleist though. I know it’s stock for Cally 

can’t say enough about my T150s built to my specs and ordered directly from Titliest.  I started out with a T200/T150 combo set - 5-7 T200 and 8-G T150 (2 degrees strong).  After a few rounds I discovered I was hitting the T150s more consistently than the 200s w/o loss of distance and comparable forgiveness. The turf interaction is just so much better for me as a picker who takes a small divot. So I ordered the 5-7 150s built to same specs and am now gaming a full set of T150s 5-GW.  I now have a set of like new T200s 5-G which I most likely will sell.  Can’t see myself switching from the 150s for quite a long time

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Pens #1 fan said:

I might of missed this, but I’m on Titleist site everyday a few times a day, when did they add MMT and looks like some price drops and shafts are gone. They lowered Recoil 95 $12 dollars and 110 no longer in there. 

The MMT were added a couple weeks ago. Although I’m not sure if every fitter has received them yet in their kits. 

I wish they had been available at my fitting in June.  I would have liked to try them. 

Edited by Carolina Golfer 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

22 hours ago, DeboRU2002 said:

I posted about a month ago that I ordered a set of t150s and they just didn’t work for me. Have been gaming srixon zx7s for about two years and I preferred the forgiveness and feel of the srixons. But I’ve played Titleist irons before the zx7s for a long time so decided to give the t200s a chance because I’m a bit of a loyalist. Don’t love the polymer back, but the reviews have been great so ordered a custom set.

Got them a couple days ago and I absolutely love them! Shocked that they are actually a little more compact than the zx7s other than sole width, but they are more forgiving. They aren’t as soft but they feel springy and powerful but still soft. I actually really like the way the t200s feel. Mishits are a tad clicky but the results are still good. And when you hit it in the sweet spot, I’d argue they feel just as good as the t150s. Turf interaction feels great as well. I’m a sweeper and barely take divots. 

I even like the scoring irons. Have had no issues chipping and playing bump and runs with 8 through gap wedge. So don’t see a need to combo them. I did have to order different shafts than what I usually play. I’ve been playing modus 105 stiff shafts for some time. I was launching the t150s too high with the modus 105 shafts so ordered my t200s with dynamic gold 105 stiff shafts, and the launch is definetly more penetrating. 

Here are some pics comparing zx7s and t200s. Check out the toplines. T200s are actually thinner which kind of shocked me. 

ZX7 Mk I ?

QI10 Max 9*  Ventus TR 6X Blue

Qi10 Tour 18* Ventus TR 7X Red

Qi10 Tour 4H Ventus TR 8X Blue

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-P Modus 120 S

VOKEY SM9 48-54-58 

TYLORMADE SPIDER x  '24 TP5x

4 hours ago, jorellanes said:

ZX7 Mk I ?

Yes. The OG ZX7 irons. Played again today with the t200s and I’m loving them. Super forgiving for such a compact head. My only concern is I can see some dings in the polymer backs already. Not sure how well they will wear down the line. So I’m more cognitive about not hitting balls with the back of the club like when on the range or chipping on the green. Sounds weird but you’d be surprised how often you hit a ball with the back of the club until you realize it could leave a mark:). 

7 hours ago, DeboRU2002 said:

Yes. The OG ZX7 irons. Played again today with the t200s and I’m loving them. Super forgiving for such a compact head. My only concern is I can see some dings in the polymer backs already. Not sure how well they will wear down the line. So I’m more cognitive about not hitting balls with the back of the club like when on the range or chipping on the green. Sounds weird but you’d be surprised how often you hit a ball with the back of the club until you realize it could leave a mark:). 

The polymer back is pretty but the main reason I quickly bailed on the previous generation was after a couple of cart rides, the backs were visibly scratched up. I thought of putting together a T350/200 set but opted for the 2023 P790. FOMO sucks though, because I love the T series look and performance.

4 hours ago, Steelhead said:

The polymer back is pretty but the main reason I quickly bailed on the previous generation was after a couple of cart rides, the backs were visibly scratched up. I thought of putting together a T350/200 set but opted for the 2023 P790. FOMO sucks though, because I love the T series look and performance.

Rented prior version of p790s recently on vacation and these t200s feel much better than those clubs. Just wish Titleist would make the t200s with a solid back like the 790s and Mizuno Pro 225s. I’m not buying the weight savings bullet point. I think it has to do with costs. 

Funny how I’m worried about the back of my irons getting dinged but if you look at the soles of my zx7s they are pretty beat up. And doesn’t bother me at all. I read a post awhile ago that golf clubs are tools, they are made to get beaten up. I need to embrace that and stop worrying about the cosmetics of the clubs since I’m not planning on selling these anytime soon. 

Edited by DeboRU2002
  • Like 3

On 9/18/2023 at 12:23 PM, jak77 said:

You and me both. I ordered 7/25 after a Team Titleist fitting and I still don't have them. I'm being told it's the PX LS shafts that have been back-ordered. My date, similar to yours, has been consistently pushed. 

It's taking all my willpower to not just call them and tell them to put X100s in them and be done with it. But I don't want to regret and second guess what I was fit into...

TI X100's is what I'm waiting on, so don't try and make the switch. My estimated ship date says 9/25 on 9/27 with not shipping update. I'll be calling this morning.