2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

A bit lost on my swing…early extension?

I’m feeling a bit lost on my swing and would appreciate any insight. These were not my best swings as I was uncomfortable the whole time at this indoor place with a simulator. That being said here is a bit of background:

Historically I’ve been a bit upper body dominant. A little over the top but have worked on it and can generally hit my irons pretty straight. That being said I’ve also generally been pretty steep and consistently hit out of the toe. Last fall I worked with an instructor a bit. He was helping me get a proper hip turn and weight shift (had me doing the step drill). He also had me hitting half shots or punch shots. I was making some progress and then took a few months off during winter/holidays. As I’m practicing again I’m trying to work on the step drill and my setup to improve my swing. Some days I do the step drill and it is effortless power and center contact that makes the ball feel like a marshmallow. But it’s not consistent. I recently noticed that I stand too close to the ball with my arms hanging down inside the shoulder socket and almost touching my body. I tried to set up with my arms hanging straight down tonight hoping I could shallow my swing a bit. I think my problem still lies in my shoulder and hip turn that leads to early extension. Any thoughts? 

Good stuff from @Valtiel as usual.

• Thanks 1

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

@Valtiel this is extremely helpful! I had seen the AMG hip turn video last year that spoke about the pivot point in the center of the hips. When I was keeping that as a singular swing thought on the tee box last year I was very consistent with my hybrid, 3 wood, and driver. I will start working on that again. I’ll take a video this weekend on the range and circle back. 

21 minutes ago, Bogey2Better said:

@Valtiel this is extremely helpful! I had seen the AMG hip turn video last year that spoke about the pivot point in the center of the hips. When I was keeping that as a singular swing thought on the tee box last year I was very consistent with my hybrid, 3 wood, and driver. I will start working on that again. I’ll take a video this weekend on the range and circle back. 

Cheers! A thought about the pivot point comment to hopefully help. Yes the goal is to basically achieve just that, but the forces that are going to pull you away FROM that, the centrifugal force created by swinging a heavy stick at something in front of you which pulls you towards the ball, need to be equally and oppositely opposed by these lower body forces. A common progression from where you are right now is to think about that center pivot idea and not go far enough and end up shifting your lower body momentum from firing towards around 1:00-2:00 like it is right now to around 12:00. This is halfway to where you need to be, because with zero lower body resistance the force of swinging a club (which will increase as the club gets longer) will simply want to pull you forward, towards 2:00-3:00, so what you will need to FEEL is that your lower body works opposed to that, almost in the extreme back towards 9:00. Avoid accomplishing this by cheating and trying to lean back or fall away from the ball, it's an active pushing of your left hip backwards while your right hip stays quiet:

551196914_TigerImpact(1).gif.a21a89c9ff64409d5369b782a820903c.gif

The left leg pushes/drives the left hip backwards creating a similar force as that modified step drill I suggested while the right leg is unweighted and passively turning in towards the target. This equilibrium is why you almost never see pros losing balance no matter how hard they go at it.   

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 4i-7i 23*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

@Valtielthanks for the extra thought. I was actually just thinking about that pivot and something else I read today about the left leg extending and driving from that leg to push the left hip back. I think that focus on straight back and driving from the left leg is better as you noted than just the rotational thought process that might not be strong enough against the centrifugal force of the club pulling you forward. Makes sense.

As I was standing in my living room and working on the proper hip rotation the left leg driving feeling finally made sense. I’ve heard it before but never understood it completely in the context of how that is accomplished in the golf swing and why.

32 minutes ago, Bogey2Better said:

@Valtielthanks for the extra thought. I was actually just thinking about that pivot and something else I read today about the left leg extending and driving from that leg to push the left hip back. I think that focus on straight back and driving from the left leg is better as you noted than just the rotational thought process that might not be strong enough against the centrifugal force of the club pulling you forward. Makes sense.

As I was standing in my living room and working on the proper hip rotation the left leg driving feeling finally made sense. I’ve heard it before but never understood it completely in the context of how that is accomplished in the golf swing and why.

I do the living room drills all the time just to keep that movement pattern ingrained when i'm not playing. Once you know what you're supposed to feel you can drill it to a certain extent. It will never replace actual range/play time, but one of the biggest hurdles is actually getting your head around the concept first. It's a conscious thing you have to TRY to do, therefore you have to understand what that thing is first. Start small and really get a feel for it with short iron punch shots and 3/4 types of swings, these actually get really fun when you're doing it right because they start to feel more automatic. It will get harder as the clubs get longer because once you start introducing things like shaft plane issues, overswinging, wrist set problems, grip problems, any of these fundamental things that tend to creep in more with longer clubs the correct execution of the lower body stuff will actually cause problems. Video is your friend there!

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Bridgestone 

• 2 weeks later...

@Valtiel

Thanks again for your help. Back with a bit of an update from where we left off…

Since then I’ve been at the range, had a lesson here locally, played 18, went back to the range today. A lot has happened good and bad. 

1. Range

I went to the range after reading your comments I worked on proper hip movement and it helped. Hard to remember everything as I had a few too many swing thoughts at the time. 

2. Lesson

my lesson went really well. Three main things being discussed: setup, right hip in backswing, lag in downswing. 

setup: he wanted me to have a little shaft lean, left hip bump which introduces a little spine tilt, and feet flared a bit to help hip rotation. Also right thumb across vs straight down.

backswing: he wanted my right hip going straight back and not seeing my right hip move or sway back away from the target. 

lag: I am not quite flipping but not exactly coming through with the best angles so maybe it’s a light flip. He wanted me to actively hold lag in my downswing which I think I’ve seen online debunked enough times. As Monte and others point out losing lag or wrist angles is an effect of something else. So I have been taking that with me since the lesson.

3. playing 18 two days ago

oh my that was bad! Left, left, top, and hook. Although we briefly discussed it during my lesson it didn’t click on the course. With the hip bump and tilt my hip could rotate easier and I let my hands/arms get pulled back way too inside and deep in the takeaway.

4. the range today

that brings us to the range today. I worked on keeping my hands over my toes during takeaway (I think P2) while still doing all of the setup things and straight back right hip. Although I didn’t keep enough shaft lean at impact I was hitting my irons the best in a LONG time. I also weakened my right hand grip as I think with better rotation I can square the clubface vs historically I’ve flipped to close the clubface and due to poor hip movement. While my irons were great I don’t know what was going on with my 3 wood and driver. I was high toe or fat or getting under it. Just wasn’t there. Even after hitting those I hit one 7 iron before going to do some chipping that was fat.my thought is maybe my arms were lagging during transition and downswing but not sure. 

I’m curious as to what you think about the better iron swings and more importantly the poor 3 wood and driver today. 

There are 3 things you need to work on before you worry about anything else.

Hip sway, hip sway and um……..hip sway.  The video in the original post, that swing in a face on would show what we need to see. 

• Like 2

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

@MonteScheinblum backswing or downswing? I have both views from the range today. I’ll go back and look at today’s videos and see if I see it. 

I have been working on it in the backswing particularly. If I’m doing it in the downswing then that is tough as I’m trying to do the weight shift back to the front. I guess that would make sense why I get too far over my front foot and roll to the outside.

I can see via video that my 3 wood and driver were really steep in the downswing. I feel a bit lost in transition and how I see other people with a pause and squat vs I just go from rotating back to rotating down.

A very under appreciated factor in improving at golf.

People confuse results with quality of effort.

Good shot must be a good swing, bad shot must be a bad swing.  Good range session must mean I’m working on the right thing, bad range session must mean I’m working on the wrong thing.  

One shot is meaningless and one range session doesn’t mean much more.

I’ll give you an example of how this mistake isn’t made in other sports.

Steph Curry gets a pass and in rhythm, wide open, puts up an air ball. 
No one will say his technique was bad, or it was a poor shotselection.  It missed, BFD, he will make the next one and he won’t change his technique.

Joe Rookie pulls up from 28’ takes off the wrong foot with two defenders on him and it goes in.  No one will say that’s good technique or a good shot selection, it just happens to go in.  Coach will ask politely not to do that again.

In order to get better at golf long term, you have to put short term results aside…..on the range.  You also have to separate practice into motor pattern practice and ball striking practice.  Most mix the two and the results will NEVER be good.  

Golfers also tend to think backwards.  They will be on the range trying to move their body better, then lament the poor strike.

Then they get on the course and lament poor body motions.  That’s backwards.

On the range during motor pattern practice, you improve your motor pattern and don’t care where the balls goes.  On the course you forget motor pattern and hit a shot solid at the target and don’t worry how your body moves.  Bad shot, do better next time.

Hal Sutton to a group of my students once said, “Amateurs hit more bad shots than they should, because they don’t allow themselves to hit bad shots.”

• Like 3

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

9 hours ago, MonteScheinblum said:

A very under appreciated factor in improving at golf.

People confuse results with quality of effort.

Good shot must be a good swing, bad shot must be a bad swing.  Good range session must mean I’m working on the right thing, bad range session must mean I’m working on the wrong thing.  

One shot is meaningless and one range session doesn’t mean much more.

I’ll give you an example of how this mistake isn’t made in other sports.

Steph Curry gets a pass and in rhythm, wide open, puts up an air ball. 
No one will say his technique was bad, or it was a poor shotselection.  It missed, BFD, he will make the next one and he won’t change his technique.

Joe Rookie pulls up from 28’ takes off the wrong foot with two defenders on him and it goes in.  No one will say that’s good technique or a good shot selection, it just happens to go in.  Coach will ask politely not to do that again.

In order to get better at golf long term, you have to put short term results aside…..on the range.  You also have to separate practice into motor pattern practice and ball striking practice.  Most mix the two and the results will NEVER be good.  

Golfers also tend to think backwards.  They will be on the range trying to move their body better, then lament the poor strike.

Then they get on the course and lament poor body motions.  That’s backwards.

On the range during motor pattern practice, you improve your motor pattern and don’t care where the balls goes.  On the course you forget motor pattern and hit a shot solid at the target and don’t worry how your body moves.  Bad shot, do better next time.

Hal Sutton to a group of my students once said, “Amateurs hit more bad shots than they should, because they don’t allow themselves to hit bad shots.”

Hell yea. Hal Sutton knew what was up.

My advice is too either hit less balls and check film of yourself between shots or dont go to the range at all and work on drills and feels. You can film yourself in your living roolm everyday for a few minutes and get better results if you are changing your swing. That way the ball flight doesnt screw up your focus.

Mizuno ST180 9.5, Tensei CK Blue S 60g

Mizuno ST180 15 (16), Tensei CK Blue S 60g

Mizuno CLK 2020 3H 19, Tensei CK Blue S 70g

Snake Eyes TC-01 (4-P), S300 (130g)

Cleveland CBX2 52, DG 115

Callaway MD5 56 & 60, S200

Odyssey White Hot #2 (Steve Stricker's putter)

MCC in woods, Lamkin Crossline, Srixon Z Star

27 minutes ago, slytown said:

That way the ball flight doesnt screw up your focus.

100% the biggest detractor to people making swing changes is not seeing immediate results with the changes. Golf is a game of patience.

Titleist TSR2 9* - Ventus TR Red 6X

Titleist TS3 4W 16.5* - T1100 Evenflow White 6.5

W/S UT 20* - HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0

Callaway Apex '19 4-PW - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM9 49* - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM8 54/58 - PX Rifle 6.0

SINK 1992 Custom

1 hour ago, BraxtonFullerton said:

100% the biggest detractor to people making swing changes is not seeing immediate results with the changes. Golf is a game of patience.

You don't subscribe to the idea amateurs that go out and hit 100 balls will inevitably revert to tendencies?

I can definitely agree with that logic. When I’m on the range I’m trying to work on drills, feels, and am very intentional. However, even when I try not to let a bad result disappoint me knowing I’m working on a change I do usually take a good result as a good swing. That’s obviously not the case as we can see above. 

Do you all see more sway in the backswing, downswing, or both? Any specific drills or videos you’d point me to try? I can see a major slide and sway on the downswing but I don’t know how much is right related to getting the weight back to the left earlier as per Monte’s videos and AMG’s re-centering concept.

2 hours ago, Bogey2Better said:

...but I don’t know how much is right related to getting the weight back to the left earlier as per Monte’s videos and AMG’s re-centering concept.

This. Check a few of my other posts here on the topic as you're doing the same thing i've been talking about a bunch recently; your backswing has you loading weight into your back leg all the way to the top then you're trying desperately to fling yourself back to your front side when the downswing starts, which will always produce mixed results with frequent low point control issues (fats/tops etc). Your rearward pressure shift should stop somewhere midway into your backswing and by the time it completes you will want to feel like you're off your trail leg and starting to move towards the lead leg so you can use it to pivot and push back instead of the rapid desperate slide towards it. 

Bridgestone 

1 hour ago, Valtiel said:

This. Check a few of my other posts here on the topic as you're doing the same thing i've been talking about a bunch recently; your backswing has you loading weight into your back leg all the way to the top then you're trying desperately to fling yourself back to your front side when the downswing starts, which will always produce mixed results with frequent low point control issues (fats/tops etc). Your rearward pressure shift should stop somewhere midway into your backswing and by the time it completes you will want to feel like you're off your trail leg and starting to move towards the lead leg so you can use it to pivot and push back instead of the rapid desperate slide towards it. 

Valtiel, are you fan of float loading?

6 minutes ago, slytown said:

Valtiel, are you fan of float loading?

Generally no and definitely not for myself. It is something I have struggled with in the past and i've had to focus a lot on what feels like an earlier/more correct wrist set to get it in line with "neutral". 

Bridgestone 

13 hours ago, Valtiel said:

Generally no and definitely not for myself. It is something I have struggled with in the past and i've had to focus a lot on what feels like an earlier/more correct wrist set to get it in line with "neutral". 

I've found it very useful for stingers. I know there are probably better ways to hit a stinger, with just follow through changes for examples, but I found I consistently get a low shot with a simple float load.

• 2 weeks later...

@Valtiel @MonteScheinblum

Good Evening Gents,

A bit of an update: I have realized due to the sway in the backswing and slide forward I’m coming way inside which shows up particularly in my driver as a hook or block. (I know that’s not the club to practice or focus on it’s just the one where the faults are most obvious.)

I bought BroomForce, No Turn Cast, and Power Shift this week and watched Power Shift and NTC. Loved the focus on wrist set in the backswing and how it will turn the hips as proactively thinking about turning my hips had them finishing rotation before other things in the backswing.  Power shift was great! Everything about it resonated and felt like what I need to focus on. I took notes on the drills to try and take them to the range this evening. Also did some of the others at home. Appreciated the comments about how the club moving in the backswing is enough of a pressure shift. Pretty sure I was thinking more of weight shift hence the sway. (The lesson examples are awesome. Cooper has a great swing and great name - same as my son. Ha) 

The good news is with the focus on a better takeaway sequence (wrist hinge) and staying on my left side I don’t appear to be swaying in the backswing. (I hope I’m not doing the reverse K or reverse pivot by staying left)

However, that’s where the good news stops. I could NOT get to my left side in the latter stages of the backswing. I tried the drills and just couldn’t do them. Pause drill - fail. Even the step drill that I loved last fall I just couldn’t do it. The feeling of staying on my left side in the backswing helped me hit some decent shots, but video shows I’m still sliding to the left which creates all sorts of issues.

Any other perspective, thoughts,  or drills to help get my pressure moving to the left in my backswing? 

4.14 Iron

4.14 iron2

11 hours ago, Bogey2Better said:

@Valtiel @MonteScheinblum

Good Evening Gents,

A bit of an update: I have realized due to the sway in the backswing and slide forward I’m coming way inside which shows up particularly in my driver as a hook or block. (I know that’s not the club to practice or focus on it’s just the one where the faults are most obvious.)

I bought BroomForce, No Turn Cast, and Power Shift this week and watched Power Shift and NTC. Loved the focus on wrist set in the backswing and how it will turn the hips as proactively thinking about turning my hips had them finishing rotation before other things in the backswing.  Power shift was great! Everything about it resonated and felt like what I need to focus on. I took notes on the drills to try and take them to the range this evening. Also did some of the others at home. Appreciated the comments about how the club moving in the backswing is enough of a pressure shift. Pretty sure I was thinking more of weight shift hence the sway. (The lesson examples are awesome. Cooper has a great swing and great name - same as my son. Ha) 

The good news is with the focus on a better takeaway sequence (wrist hinge) and staying on my left side I don’t appear to be swaying in the backswing. (I hope I’m not doing the reverse K or reverse pivot by staying left)

However, that’s where the good news stops. I could NOT get to my left side in the latter stages of the backswing. I tried the drills and just couldn’t do them. Pause drill - fail. Even the step drill that I loved last fall I just couldn’t do it. The feeling of staying on my left side in the backswing helped me hit some decent shots, but video shows I’m still sliding to the left which creates all sorts of issues.

Any other perspective, thoughts,  or drills to help get my pressure moving to the left in my backswing? 

4.14 Iron

4.14 iron2

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend starting with weight on your lead side or trying to shift weight there in the backswing. You should be letting the club set in the backswing before shifting pressure to your lead side. That way you can get some wrist set and feel the weight of the club at the top.

You are correct. A decent turn and club width will put enough pressure on your trail foot in the backswing. Instead of sliding in the downswing, work on leaning into your lead foot instead of sliding. Its not a weight shift, its a pressure shift. If you can start the arms down (with back to target) and lean on your lead foot at the same time, you wont slide but pivot and turn around that lead leg.

On 3/21/2023 at 3:01 AM, Valtiel said:

Normal case of your lower body moving in the wrong direction in transition/ the downswing. You're sequencing pretty well (when your lower body is moving) which is probably due to that step drill, but your lower body movement is coming towards the ball which creates the need to raise the handle which in turn messes with strike quality (toe shots are common here):

BogeyImpact2.gif.a02357ca2e02a451785b813044633d2e.gif

The arrows show the general direction you start shifting your weight as you "stepped forward" so to speak in transition:

BogeyDownswing.gif.19eb40fb5bd10f8f458e27cb108b62dd.gif

This is easily the most common fundamental flaw in the average player's swing, and this is because its what will happen basically 100% of the time if you don't learn or aren't taught the correct way to move your hips/legs. Here we see that your lower body basically moves towards the target, this is what most people will default to and the step drill can unfortunately encourage this. The thing to understand is that our lower body has to actively work *away* from the ball on a bit of a diagonal, NOT towards the target. Yes your right should be moving towards the front side, but ONLY so it has leverage to push backwards. You combine the shift towards the front side with the pushing backwards and you get this:

AdamImpact3.gif.15ebe0134aa27ba31b0475ef92e6079c.gif

This is how you maintain your distance from the ball and allow your hands to return closer to where they started, aiding in better contact. This is a force driven almost entirely by the left leg pushing the left hip backwards, away from the ball. This is NOT a movement that occurs naturally, it has to be learned especially if you've played long enough to ingrain a swing without it. It requires getting in to your front side like the step drill teaches, but only so you can create force away from the ball. This is why we see Adam's head move down and back from the top of the swing.

A way you can feel this with the step drill is to step diagonally away from the ball instead of towards the target. If your back foot step towards 6:00 and your front foot steps towards 12:00, try stepping towards 11:00 or even 10:00. This can help give you the sensation of what it is like to properly open up your front side. Take it slow and do lots of 3/4 and punch shots to get the feel. Video yourself and watch for what i've highlighted above with your lower body working towards the target and then coming towards the ball. You basically want to see your butt cheeks trade places (lol) like we see with Adam above, not what we see on your side with your right one coming forward and your left staying hidden.

Giving yourself a little more room at address can help, but only if you're also doing the stuff above correctly, otherwise backing away from the ball at address a bit can just cause you to come towards it more in the downswing.

BogeyImpact.gif

So good!

How to film your golf swing:

Down The Line

Good stuff!

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2023 at 9:08 AM, slytown said:

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend starting with weight on your lead side or trying to shift weight there in the backswing. You should be letting the club set in the backswing before shifting pressure to your lead side. That way you can get some wrist set and feel the weight of the club at the top.

You are correct. A decent turn and club width will put enough pressure on your trail foot in the backswing. Instead of sliding in the downswing, work on leaning into your lead foot instead of sliding. Its not a weight shift, its a pressure shift. If you can start the arms down (with back to target) and lean on your lead foot at the same time, you wont slide but pivot and turn around that lead leg.

Good call and something I realized a couple days after. As you know sometimes it’s hard to make the right move even when you know the current issue. 

@Valtiel BTW I can only see recent comments which don’t show what you called out earlier. I should have saved the threads when I saw them initially but I can’t go back. 

Update:

After the incorrect band-aid of staying left I took some time to go back and watch some of Monte’s NTC and Swing Force. 

As I continue learning I find interconnected issues but am not 100% sure on which to address first. Trying to decide if I want to go back to my local instructor who wanted me to “hold the lag” or do online lessons with someone such as Monte. A bit lost on which issue to tackle first.

For my last couple of range sessions I focused on a couple of training aids and basic items to address arms and body being more in sync.

-protocol 1 and 2 of planemate

-3/4 swings with smart ball

-feeling of stopping 3/4 so my arms don’t continue roaring after my shoulders stop (swing was still a full swing as Monte has mentioned in other videos and posts)

I will continue to work with the planemate as I think a poor transition and steep downswing are contributing factors to the EE, inside path, stall/flip which leads to pushes and hooks.

I’m just not sure what else should be in focus or my North Star. If I focus on proper hip rotation my weight is static. If I focus on weight (or pressure) shift I sway. 

Wondering if slower (or better sequenced) hips in backswing paired with zipper away and motorcycle/cast A in transition would allow for proper downswing and better fundamentals but that’s just my thought…

Current believed issues:

-hips rotating too quickly in backswing and almost done rotating halfway.

-poor or nonexistent transition/shallowing motion

-immediately turning from the top with slide leading to inside path 

-steep downswing 

-EE 

-trail heel coming up left arm parallel in downswing (Monte 68 ballerina)

-not enough wrist set by left arm parallel in backswing 

Face-on iron 4/22/23

DTL Iron 4/22/23