2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Home simulator PICTURES

a.normandin

FiberBuilt has been best so far for elbow.  This smaller u it is great for practice and quick to break down.  I am considering an Hourglass design.  A little more forgiving on fat shots, but it is still noticeable and substantially better on my elbow.  I tried True Strike and a custom matt with Real Feel insert and both caused more elbow trauma.  If I was a better golfer probably wouldn’t matter.  

• 3 months later...
On 5/14/2023 at 4:46 PM, Lookin2golf said:

A bit late.  Had to build so could be hidden or set up within minutes.  Did incorporate 2 different screens, impact and movie.image.jpeg.82b7a85d8a7313460c10d56a4a151f6f.jpeg

IMG_2658.jpeg

IMG_2657.jpeg

Now thats a damn MAN CAVE!!!

WITB - 4/2/24

Driver: TSR3 - 9* HZRDUS Black G4 6.5

4W: TSR3 16.5* - HZRDUS Black G4 6.5

7W: TSR2 21* - Ventus Blue 7X

Srixon ZX-4 4-5 $-Taper 130X - SSX1

Srixon ZX-7 6-PW $-taper 130X

Ping S159 - 50S/54H/58H - DG X100TI
TaylorMade TP Collection Juno
Testing: Odyssey AI One Rossie S

On 3/30/2023 at 1:35 PM, chollier986 said:

D98EA502-5B8C-4CCE-8C87-F367A9D898D3.jpeg

D26CF158-3AFD-4AD2-A81B-C2AFCC5B6B4D.jpeg

WOW!!! This is amazing!!!!! What did this setup cost you?

WITB - 4/2/24

Driver: TSR3 - 9* HZRDUS Black G4 6.5

4W: TSR3 16.5* - HZRDUS Black G4 6.5

7W: TSR2 21* - Ventus Blue 7X

Srixon ZX-4 4-5 $-Taper 130X - SSX1

Srixon ZX-7 6-PW $-taper 130X

Ping S159 - 50S/54H/58H - DG X100TI
TaylorMade TP Collection Juno
Testing: Odyssey AI One Rossie S

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2023 at 9:07 AM, linksman1922 said:

This is my golf shed setup. Went with the SIAB from Foresight and really liking it. My space is 10' wide, 10' tall, 19' deep. I hit off-center as you can see and it works just fine.

IMG_7046.jpeg

Looking to do something like this...dumb question, when you hit off center do you still aim at center of screen and I assume some sort of software setting to adjust direction as would be aiming and hitting left?

I aim straight ahead and use the included alignment stick foresight gives you to set the aim on the GC3 launch monitor. By aiming straight ahead, I'm hitting into the right-hand portion of the impact screen, not the center. Works completely fine this way. I might get a bit more bounce back occasionally as the screen is tighter closer to the sides than it is the middle, but it's not bad.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2023 at 2:22 PM, mcfet said:

I've been looking for a wall mural of a tee box crowd. I've seen one a few years ago but can't seem to find it now. If someone knows of one I would appreciate the info. 

Not exactly what you said you want but I got something custom with a course photo from China (I'll post my DIY setup sometime soon).  They have pretty big sizes and if you have an image with good enough resolution, it turns out pretty nice (and cheap).  The edges are just stitched but would be pretty easy to improve appearance with a wood frame (I'm moving soon so didn't nail a frame to the wall).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CVCQLWM?m=A1WCZVECDTYBX1&ref=psp_pc_a_A2BM0V1GFHFKJA&th=1

Room is a bedroom that has an angled ceiling.  I can't imagine a smaller room working at 12x14.  Above my stance the ceiling is only like 9'6" and slopes up to 10' at the rear and just over 8' where my screen is.  Screen is 12' x 10' (https://www.virtual-golf-simulator.com/new-poly-spacer-golf-impact-screen-raw-material-choose-your-size/). I bought polyspacer raw material and hammered in some 1/2 grommets from amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BPNOMU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).  Then used ball bungees (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08R6BJ5VZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) to secure the screen to a 2x4 frame that I built and put pipe insulation around (purchased from Lowes).  I put some black photo fabric (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B093M9DFHH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1) on the sides and then cut some cheap foam insulation board (from Lowes) to protect the walls/ceiling behind the black fabric on the top and sides.  On the right side I actually hung a bit of the black fabric parallel to the screen as a shank sent a ball up and back landing on my keyboard/monitors.  There is only like 6 inches behind the screen plus a bay window (put an air mattress in the bay window).  I have to hit offset but overall pretty happy with a fairly cost effective build.  Started with a skytrack ($1.2k but sold for the same) and upgraded to a gc2 with hmt ($6.5k).  Bought a used alien computer locally with an rtx 3090 ($1k) when the bitcoin mining tanked.  Bought the ViewSonic PJD6552LWS projector ($200 on ebay).  I actually bought an Optoma GT1080 as well (a bit over $500 but then resold for like a $50 loss) which had better resolution but lower lumens.  I surprisingly preferred the higher lumens on the cheaper Viewsonic.  The turf was from a local lawn installer that they had left over.  Got a 12x16 foot roll (couple hundred).  I made a couple polycarbonate hitting strip and can't remember where I got the turf for them but it was under a few hundred.  The putting mat is a birdieball 12x4 mat (https://www.birdieball.com/collections/pre-built-putting-greens/products/classic-depth).  Wish I had gone slow on the mat.

IMG_20231222_162155600_HDR.jpg.73af906ff946310944238384f1b683e0.jpgIMG_20231222_162218250.jpg.6cc7e655b5a032ec7ad6419147cc8f1e.jpgIMG_20231222_164842550.jpg.31fb4d35e1c7460591db80cef5800ab8.jpg

Edited by act0fgod
typos and grammar
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2023 at 10:07 AM, linksman1922 said:

This is my golf shed setup. Went with the SIAB from Foresight and really liking it. My space is 10' wide, 10' tall, 19' deep. I hit off-center as you can see and it works just fine.

IMG_7046.jpeg

Would love to get the blue prints/rough cost for your shed. I am investigating that option now.

• Like 1

Titliest TSR4 Driver 9.5 Tensei 1K Black 75 TX

Srixon Z F85 15 HZRDUS Black  6.5

Srixon Z U85 Hybrid 18 

Mizuno MP4 3-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Vokey SM6 50*/54*/58 Vokey Design Steel Shaft

Cleveland Frontline Elevado Putter 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2023 at 9:45 PM, jas0nmacisaac said:

Would love to get the blue prints/rough cost for your shed. I am investigating that option now.

I purchased the home a couple of years ago and the shed was already on the property. It's an Amish-built shed from Lancaster, PA. The previous owner used the shed for woodworking, so it already had power to it, I just added paint and converted the overhead lights to recessed. Other than that, my only cost was the Sim-In-A-Box Play from Foresight. The interior size is roughly 10' wide, 10' tall, 19' deep. I wish it was a little wider and taller but can't really complain as it came with the house!

16 hours ago, chollier986 said:

How is the hitting mat holding up?  Looking at the same one, but can’t stomach the $600 replacement for the hitting section. 

Honestly not great. I’m shocked with how well reviewed Fiberbuilt is… Spent a long time researching before pulling the trigger as well. 

I’d have to check my GC3 but I’d guess there were under 10k shots and I had to rotate the mat, within a 5 months timeframe. The GC3 hitting zone is something like 7” x 10” and I have everyone who plays spread the ball throughout the zone so it’s not like balls are being hit from the exact same spot. The depressions within that hitting zone started to occur much faster than anticipated and is very disappointing. 

The rest of the mat is amazing. It has a super thick base, extremely heavy, and is top quality. I just expected the hitting section of the mat to hold up longer. Not sure what way I’m going to go in another 5 months when it’s officially time to replace it. 

Edited by ENedo

7 hours ago, ENedo said:

Honestly not great. I’m shocked with how well reviewed Fiberbuilt is… Spent a long time researching before pulling the trigger as well. 

I’d have to check my GC3 but I’d guess there were under 10k shots and I had to rotate the mat, within a 5 months timeframe. The GC3 hitting zone is something like 7” x 10” and I have everyone who plays spread the ball throughout the zone so it’s not like balls are being hit from the exact same spot. The depressions within that hitting zone started to occur much faster than anticipated and is very disappointing. 

The rest of the mat is amazing. It has a super thick base, extremely heavy, and is top quality. I just expected the hitting section of the mat to hold up longer. Not sure what way I’m going to go in another 5 months when it’s officially time to replace it. 

Thank you very much for the feedback.  Saved me some frustration.  I’m still on the search for the best option.  I’ve had my sim up and running for 18 months, pretty much daily use.  I’ve been through 2 true strike gel inserts and 1 fiberbuilt grass series.  Currently on the holy grail, and have an sig pro softy on order.  I suppose there’s no way around replacing the hitting section 2x per year.  I am also on my second impact screen.  1st was Carls Premium and now on Sig Pro Premium.  I have an integrated putting green from pro systems which I’ve worn a hole in due to foot work.  Not sure why this turned into a vent, but maybe just a PSA for folks to consider the maintenance cost of daily sim use. 

thanks again for the feedback!

1 hour ago, chollier986 said:

Thank you very much for the feedback.  Saved me some frustration.  I’m still on the search for the best option.  I’ve had my sim up and running for 18 months, pretty much daily use.  I’ve been through 2 true strike gel inserts and 1 fiberbuilt grass series.  Currently on the holy grail, and have an sig pro softy on order.  I suppose there’s no way around replacing the hitting section 2x per year.  I am also on my second impact screen.  1st was Carls Premium and now on Sig Pro Premium.  I have an integrated putting green from pro systems which I’ve worn a hole in due to foot work.  Not sure why this turned into a vent, but maybe just a PSA for folks to consider the maintenance cost of daily sim use. 

thanks again for the feedback!

Absolutely. Would definitely be interested on your thoughts after some time with the Sig Pro Softy mat. I'm still deciding if it's worth purchasing the hitting section of my Fiberbuilt Player Preferred mat or coughing up extra money for something else. I've seen varying costs ranging from $400 - $600 for that single piece alone. 

That's interesting about your worn integrated putting green as I had looked at those as well but didn't even think of that specific issue. About how long have you had yours?

I've had great luck with my Bullseye impact screen. Very high quality and is still looking brand new after six months, https://www.bullseyegolfsims.com/can/

2 hours ago, ENedo said:

Absolutely. Would definitely be interested on your thoughts after some time with the Sig Pro Softy mat. I'm still deciding if it's worth purchasing the hitting section of my Fiberbuilt Player Preferred mat or coughing up extra money for something else. I've seen varying costs ranging from $400 - $600 for that single piece alone. 

That's interesting about your worn integrated putting green as I had looked at those as well but didn't even think of that specific issue. About how long have you had yours?

I've had great luck with my Bullseye impact screen. Very high quality and is still looking brand new after six months, https://www.bullseyegolfsims.com/can/

I actually called fiberbuilt yesterday and they quoted me $600 based on their new 2024 pricing.

sigpro softy is 4 weeks out, but

ill report back after I get some swings on it.  I’ll have a good comparison of wear and tear vs holy grail.  

18 months to wear a hole on the integrated putting green.  Which is why I was looking at the fiberbuilt player preferred, as it would be easier to replace the stance mat.  New turf for my green is $1300.  When it gets bad enough, I’ll attempt a patch. 

23 minutes ago, chollier986 said:

I actually called fiberbuilt yesterday and they quoted me $600 based on their new 2024 pricing.

That's nuts. Mine is strictly a personal simulator and gets play probably every other day. I anticipated replacing the hitting section maybe once every 1.5 years but after needing to flip the mat after only 5 months, it's looking more like every year. 

25 minutes ago, chollier986 said:

sigpro softy is 4 weeks out, but

ill report back after I get some swings on it.  I’ll have a good comparison of wear and tear vs holy grail.  

Will definitely appreciate any feedback you can provide.

26 minutes ago, chollier986 said:

18 months to wear a hole on the integrated putting green.  Which is why I was looking at the fiberbuilt player preferred, as it would be easier to replace the stance mat.  New turf for my green is $1300.  When it gets bad enough, I’ll attempt a patch. 

That seems to be the one downside of the fully integrated mats. Replacing the hitting area would be easy enough but I never thought of the possibility of needing to replace any other section. I had briefly looked at https://fiberbuiltgolf.com/products/player-preferred-series-single-hitting-combo-mat-8x10 and https://shopindoorgolf.com/products/sigpro-golf-simulator-flooring?variant=39326094557273 but would need to customize a touch as my dimensions are a bit different. Would you mind sharing a picture of your setup?

3 hours ago, ENedo said:

That's nuts. Mine is strictly a personal simulator and gets play probably every other day. I anticipated replacing the hitting section maybe once every 1.5 years but after needing to flip the mat after only 5 months, it's looking more like every year. 

Will definitely appreciate any feedback you can provide.

That seems to be the one downside of the fully integrated mats. Replacing the hitting area would be easy enough but I never thought of the possibility of needing to replace any other section. I had briefly looked at https://fiberbuiltgolf.com/products/player-preferred-series-single-hitting-combo-mat-8x10 and https://shopindoorgolf.com/products/sigpro-golf-simulator-flooring?variant=39326094557273 but would need to customize a touch as my dimensions are a bit different. Would you mind sharing a picture of your setup?

I have a few in page one of this thread.  If your looking for a close up of any of the components let me know and I’ll post those as well.

Is the mat you all are talking about this one?

https://fiberbuiltgolf.com/products/player-preferred-series-single-hitting-studio-mat-8x4

You've got me scared, as I was thinking about picking up one of their grass series mats (https://fiberbuiltgolf.com/products/hourglass-pro-studio-mat-kit-single-hitting).  I bought one of their launch pads for like $70 just to test out whether I liked the surface or not, and I've been very satisfied.