2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Home simulator PICTURES

a.normandin

12 hours ago, FAbb said:

Is the mat you all are talking about this one?

https://fiberbuiltgolf.com/products/player-preferred-series-single-hitting-studio-mat-8x4

You've got me scared, as I was thinking about picking up one of their grass series mats (https://fiberbuiltgolf.com/products/hourglass-pro-studio-mat-kit-single-hitting).  I bought one of their launch pads for like $70 just to test out whether I liked the surface or not, and I've been very satisfied.

edit-

After further inspection of my mat. I do have some similar impression marks from consistent ball strikes on mine after roughly 7 months.

I still enjoy hitting off the mat though. So I don't want to come off as negative on the product, as that might just be normal for heavy use on any mat. But I'm not sure.

Edited by EagleGSU
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, EagleGSU said:

I have that one. And haven't noticed any wear at all tbh. And I hit balls everyday on it, and it's outside in the elements. Have only had it about a year though.

I'd like to see pictures of the worn out mat after only 6 or 8 months though just to see what it's looking like.

Here are some pictures. Hard to see with macro enabled but I’ve placed balls and a straight line for a reference. Hopefully you can see how lower some balls are sitting in the divots. 

There are significant divots within the GC3 zone. I checked my shot counter and it’s at 5,872 shots. I rotated the mat approximately 200 shots ago so we’d be looking at approximately 5,500 shots and it was in need of rotating. 

Please keep in mind that I’m extremely strict with everyone who plays regarding spreading their shots out within the entire hitting zone. 

IMG_4637.jpeg

IMG_4634.jpeg

IMG_4636.jpeg

IMG_4638.jpeg

Edited by ENedo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ENedo said:

Here are some pictures. Hard to see with macro enabled but I’ve placed balls and a straight line for a reference. Hopefully you can see how lower some balls are sitting in the divots. 

There are significant divots within the GC3 zone. I checked my shot counter and it’s at 5,872 shots. I rotated the mat approximately 200 shots ago so we’d be looking at approximately 5,500 shots and it was in need of rotating. 

Please keep in mind that I’m extremely strict with everyone who plays regarding spreading their shots out within the entire hitting zone. 

I do see what you're saying. 

I was looking at mine earlier after my post, and I did notice something similar. Although mine is outside sitting on dirt and grass, on top of horse stall mats, so it's probably not as perfectly set as yours, so I thought maybe it was just from getting rained on and maybe ballooning up some in certain spots. But tbh it's probably from just hitting balls. i still get good numbers from shots I hit in those spots, so it's usable, but definitely an annoyance for such an expensive mat.

$600 for a replacement definitely doesn't sound good, the idea of having to replace the strip once a year sucks. I had a country club elite before hand and it wasn't as good imo. If I had to purchase a new one to try I'd go with the sig pro softy, as it seems to get great reviews. Although idk if it would hold up any better.

And I also went back and looked at my purchase date and it was only 7 months ago..so not a full year like I originally said. Sorry for posting a misleading comment. There's definitely some change from it being a new mat.

Edited by EagleGSU

2 hours ago, EagleGSU said:

And I also went back and looked at my purchase date and it was only 7 months ago..so not a full year like I originally said. Sorry for posting a misleading comment. There's definitely some change from it being a new mat.

No worries at all. Actually, you’re one of the few who have responded. I’ve posted similar comments in other threads trying to get feedback from people who have had it for a longer period of time. 

The vast majority of reviews for the mat have been positive so I’ve been a bit caught off guard with how it’s held up. Thanks for following up regarding yours and hopefully yours holds up a bit longer. 

Not sure if I’m going to order a new piece for $600 or try to retrofit something else in place as the rest of the platform is outstanding. 

I'm not sure if it helps guys, but I have both a fiberbuilt and Carl's Hot Shot 4x9 hitting mat and both feel the same under my feet and at impact. The replacement strip is $25 on the Carl's mat and it lasted approximately 8/9 ish months of daily use. Way above 5700 shots. The fiberbuilt is my backup mat. 

• Like 1

Putter - Stix
60, 56, 52 - Stix
PW-5 Stix w/Fujikura Axiom 105
4H  Paradym w/Fujikura Ventus HB
3W Paradym w/Fujijura Ventus TR Red
Driver Paradym w/Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 

image.jpeg.e9c9cac56c2d0ea76ff1b4fe8230d1bf.jpeg

Here is a recent image of my sim. I just finished editing a long-term review on Carl's Place that I am going to put on my YouTube channel at some point today and It has some close-ups of the mat to show wear, as well as a shot of the original hitting strip that was replaced. 

• Like 4

Putter - Stix
60, 56, 52 - Stix

7 hours ago, goinforeit said:

image.jpeg.e9c9cac56c2d0ea76ff1b4fe8230d1bf.jpeg

Here is a recent image of my sim. I just finished editing a long-term review on Carl's Place that I am going to put on my YouTube channel at some point today and It has some close-ups of the mat to show wear, as well as a shot of the original hitting strip that was replaced. 

Have enjoyed watching your videos. Great inspiration to build a sim. Nice set up.

@EagleGSU That is awesome! Really cool to hear that! Thanks for watching. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or just want to bounce ideas off me. I've been helping folks throughout this challenge and completely enjoy it. I wish you lived closer, i'd have you over and let you hit off each mat. But I'll tell you what, you can relax as the sim owner if you know your replacement strips aren't absurdly expensive.... 

• Like 2

Putter - Stix
60, 56, 52 - Stix

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/22/2023 at 7:42 PM, act0fgod said:

Room is a bedroom that has an angled ceiling.  I can't imagine a smaller room working at 12x14.  Above my stance the ceiling is only like 9'6" and slopes up to 10' at the rear and just over 8' where my screen is.  Screen is 12' x 10' (https://www.virtual-golf-simulator.com/new-poly-spacer-golf-impact-screen-raw-material-choose-your-size/). I bought polyspacer raw material and hammered in some 1/2 grommets from amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BPNOMU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).  Then used ball bungees (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08R6BJ5VZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) to secure the screen to a 2x4 frame that I built and put pipe insulation around (purchased from Lowes).  I put some black photo fabric (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B093M9DFHH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1) on the sides and then cut some cheap foam insulation board (from Lowes) to protect the walls/ceiling behind the black fabric on the top and sides behind the black fabric the walls/ceilings.  On the right side I actually hung a bit of the black fabric parallel to the screen as a shank sent a ball up and back landing on my keyboard/monitors.  There is only like 6 inches behind the screen (plus a bay window that I put an airmattress for protection).  I have to hit offset but overall pretty happy with a fairly cost effective build.  Started with a skytrack ($1.2k but sold for the same) and upgraded to a gc2 with hmt ($5.5k).  Bought a used alien computer locally with an rtx 3090 ($750) when the bitcoin mining tanked.  Bought the ViewSonic PJD6552LWS projector (under $150 on ebay).  I actually bought an Optoma GT1080 as well (a bit over $500 but then resold for like a $50 loss) which had better resolution but lower lumens.  I surprisingly preferred the higher lumens on the cheaper Viewsonic.  The turf was from a local lawn installer that they had left over.  Got a 12x16 foot roll ($180) and only used half of it and sold the other half for $80.  I made a couple polycarbonate hitting strip and can't remember where I got the turf for them but it was under $80.  The putting mat is a birdieball 12x4 mat (https://www.birdieball.com/collections/pre-built-putting-greens/products/classic-depth).  Wish I had gone slow on the mat.

IMG_20231222_162155600_HDR.jpg.73af906ff946310944238384f1b683e0.jpgIMG_20231222_162218250.jpg.6cc7e655b5a032ec7ad6419147cc8f1e.jpgIMG_20231222_164842550.jpg.31fb4d35e1c7460591db80cef5800ab8.jpg

Mind elaborating a little on the viewsonic projector? This is the last piece to my puzzle. Any pixelation? Do you really see a difference vs HD resolution unless side be side? Thoughts appreciated. 

On 2/14/2024 at 5:43 AM, EdY said:

Mind elaborating a little on the viewsonic projector? This is the last piece to my puzzle. Any pixelation? Do you really see a difference vs HD resolution unless side be side? Thoughts appreciated. 

Here's why I went with the much cheaper lower resolution viewsonic.  I don't like playing with the lights down low.  Despite having a crisper picture with the HD optoma it was not very bright and in my opinion didn't look as good when there is light in the room.  When it's darker the optoma looked better.  You can definitely see a difference between the two even when they aren't side by side.  So I would say if you are going to play in low light, have something like a spotlight on your ball and money isn't an issue go with the HD projectors.  If money really isn't an issue one of the high lumen laser projectors probably gets you the best of both worlds (I don't have personal experience).  Personally, I don't think the extra crisp appearance is all that important to me (I don't have 4k TVs).

4 hours ago, act0fgod said:

Here's why I went with the much cheaper lower resolution viewsonic.  I don't like playing with the lights down low.  Despite having a crisper picture with the HD optoma it was not very bright and in my opinion didn't look as good when there is light in the room.  When it's darker the optoma looked better.  You can definitely see a difference between the two even when they aren't side by side.  So I would say if you are going to play in low light, have something like a spotlight on your ball and money isn't an issue go with the HD projectors.  If money really isn't an issue one of the high lumen laser projectors probably gets you the best of both worlds (I don't have personal experience).  Personally, I don't think the extra crisp appearance is all that important to me (I don't have 4k TVs).

Much appreciated. I’m opting for lumens and flexible mounting. Going to take a shot at a projection design F32. Used commercial. Lens options are still available but what I really need is the offset. So HD, short throw, 5100 ansi lumens, ridiculous offset options, reasonable lamp replacement costs which I’ll stock up, and see if I can’t get 4-5 years out of it for <$1K. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here’s my little SkyTrak setup in second half of my garage. Playing a TGC2019 tournament round for a bit. My janky Charles Barkley backswing and EE are actually repeatable/consistent, believe it or not, lol!!! 😆 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i80-dcSHEA?si=yC8mfjJiEzeNtPGw

Edited by A.Princey
  • Like 1

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

On 4/11/2023 at 2:50 PM, chollier986 said:

I am 5’6” and I can barely get by swinging driver with a 9’ ceiling.  Can swing, but definitely feels cramped.  Highly recommend 10’ for the big dog.

I agree 100% here, 8' ceiling will likely be too tight.  I put a sim in our 9' basement, mostly for my daughter.  She is 5'7", and has no problem hitting driver.  I (6' even) can only hit hybrids and irons.  I wish we had a 10' ceiling, but the house was built 18 years ago and a sim was not even a pipe dream at the time....

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2024 at 8:24 AM, T2GRNN2 said:

I agree 100% here, 8' ceiling will likely be too tight.  I put a sim in our 9' basement, mostly for my daughter.  She is 5'7", and has no problem hitting driver.  I (6' even) can only hit hybrids and irons.  I wish we had a 10' ceiling, but the house was built 18 years ago and a sim was not even a pipe dream at the time....

I am 5'7", 9' ceiling is good for the driver. I think you really need 9'. Luckily I have 9.5' which is really nice to have.

Will move indoors in the winter - initally was having reading issues with the Mevo+ due to the slight downward slant from the mat.  But rigged up a level to remedy that.  Now it feels that it is reading perfectly.  Rawhide used (grade A) mat - feel and works great! 

Have not tried E6 yet but plan to get a bigger tv to put above the smaller one to be able to watch games while hitting. 

Probably get an impact screen next year and rig up a projector with a overhead jetting out from the fence (told the wife I wouldn't spend anymore on golf equipment this year) but in the meantime.  

TV is quick release, move the net under the awning if there is any harsh weather coming. Used some PVC pipe to create a funnel for ball return to the mat.  

Costco is selling the 10x7 GoSports elite (with shank nets) for $399 - would be nearly $600 anywhere else.  

AP1GczP5pdmSbv7rmyEDB2ShVyFUecMvyih3caETzGjYAfbEe1R7gfXxlivx94HTnZ6UOquRe11wtJdyLQwf7jzlFTncusGiCALN1FwAZ7wHgVC9dRvSy4RLGS9Vew9zw3z3W9JX8yEK8IBMnb1KVUPiQwGdJssuM-5F1PvcnJFfAX6TNu2RFsC6LkSp8PrUREDLut2f5ZLHm6TE40jYdIlJ-kKtInGLrhznGucgkGpnUYGqBP2ETfFMke3-pgC9Rk5-IDtFWHNwiuUtBmNg46w9bLTXtJU_yse1F17cqJQyLlH2naUcUTJcrB8iVHvtjG6bLKhL1-q9V55XYwq8_2IDp4vb6o0cSGOrmy4xBljOuELxAvpzaHDDQtD2-qLZTiNlof9ePtZiO-a8aUaOuYgpS4rqOg8NYLzsqis7XYpDLvtSP9_ScmGHQU2laCIaP5iBjLcU8WUFOQb6S-QedFeiyAUnfHwUaT8_Vy6GPnIzXuvdSuNxKGf8MhY8nkJERdxXI1lqmX6ixCYm2g0ldu_uoMTYmKFqIUjFtCY9QVz4C9hUrTJ5yJw9rCV4nzLNj0zDGFqKlx0Rw8o0NDu_PGa6S1SaTHg_9-qQbaUnetLBn9goI2IEPDUnA22iZArobE_KMBiYNEHxLN2lV08mDB5retbWzjH5wA451i0xvDw57COFs_lmDysGkXI3AMRri1ymk3uJgMTbBR9K0wDxJ1gEr1eAWP48Ny_-fPBO6iuI1hicGgPxVHNt5QLbz4gPyCp7UXY86wSoA9Ttsrm2MHDvnWWQce7v0faOySv6wP8DVEfc86WVhNiYhUTWo2-ywJILFbXOMrZvB-GQ3o_eHasyFIVuc4F7rLmcqtqN_j1VfzL6YoucqeJvQJ-CwKNG6w04RfXaeRJnNE7vSRri1km7NdVwzEoXyyA3V04WGWmh-FiKz99jWJ2Lut8gyws8-rc_tupNxkx9d4corSMt2h_bEooDKJYn8VM=w1221-h919-s-no-gm?authuser=0

AP1GczMPr15QN_dQjgq4JwVDUp0Gz6sY1K2nK5hEIIJwvBGyTPZyZDJ-6uII63ypKG5uu80iAgSj3bNkhPBIt0qVjQYWIlms512k0SnzOMb97jiz-fM1HqsZmXnDbRfqyO1TI892Y-83O6P1KzJzApl0zYamAA8A7d0qzSjhRXhP9AxGnYqxUk8j77e6v-uZkkYMm7bOkQmnrH704Mk0z8lqqwezkhGIAOdmwZbUVQ_IqXQ8jHklOnJovl7cqUUjLIIosDPFVXHM_DrkKf2nTX4sYoSG0alSTID9uXdLmXJ1rAA-FNdNCNnY9rZeG2frWOGzl0eavY5mFbAobksuHxOzFa8jAYm23sluv62VIDPCkDDsu-pTV74XIsblifoLk6acxO5OMO-LSIlkhoLjdFxRXRyFcNvM6a3_FWVyQlo0PavbnVqk-72Zn6r6FHEsrNB8s9opuTJBWSTk_BWpdyBuyoqYf38IemwZdkL0hmnKNDnyAGg_q9EUriEIq0-uBV6eaNfFNhDFcn2qguUDLgt60B79hjMnU5SvQN2fAF9yuYGZpYT8v2y1sbtutclAaOSpDcBskBiC-9JsF7l_kOayiZowwBa3qvFDRpy1cqPhsakl94sl3GT2Tm2vCICy5Fo0u9fQnCZrOOvWULzPfXSxcgA91iMKEW6fAr-T7rVXJBlqEyMU-mQLEwByLh9pAE6j7daG27s4h4JbulwpzkcWUDfoTEyvo4iO5lLrrDgkOse7YXWEmhfUwgp7Pcnmk4sBpcAdoCl6R0sVZiEqhpIA_wmm5j9kOts4hSsgJwr8Y82PE_3E6naj7kQWaLLgvUtc4yyLg29iTdBVy0x9UvNVbbvrAyqFtRrC-PpmQrPCR-ZBPne0oT4avkCE462QBoONGRj5-_faDEOiQ3sVV2yFLSs6JFwOxUkq-NXnN301KFfTijdS9smjKI4GPEqEMQ_dcdH0zQTViWzbRQz3xONLE-c0MKEsDNg=w692-h919-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Edited by foreright0828

On 2/16/2024 at 3:45 PM, g_nw said:

🫱🏻🫲🏼

IMG_0103.jpeg

IMG_2356.jpeg

I have a question... And its not about the SIM 🙂

Do you use Bands mainly instead of weights? I've never seen such an impressive display of resistance bands, and I suddenly feel myself needing to get 100

Callaway Paradym TD 10.5 - Ventus TR Blue 6x
3 Wood - Stealth 2+ - Ventus TR Red 7x
5 wood - Paradym TD - Kai'li 80x
hyrid - 22* Ping G425 - Ventus Blue 10x
4i - PW - PX 0317 ST - KBS 130x
50-54-58 - Edel SMS Pro Wedges - S400 TI
LAB Mezz Armlock - LAGP

14 hours ago, EddyVN said:

I have a question... And its not about the SIM 🙂

Do you use Bands mainly instead of weights? I've never seen such an impressive display of resistance bands, and I suddenly feel myself needing to get 100

Ha! There are movable band pegs (a place to anchor them) on my power rack and we use them to loop bands over the end of a barbell (deadlifts, squats, bench) to have progressive resistance (heavy at top, lighter at the bottom as example). But, also, I use them for all of the standard stuff you might imagine + as a replacement for having any machines (can do lat pull downs, rows, pec fly, rotational stuff, etc). Really, you’re only limited by imagination. I also have some duplicates that buddies have given me over time. 🍻

Edited by g_nw
  • Like 1

TSR3 8 15 18, Ventus TR Black 6x 7x 8x

20 P7MC 4-p, Axiom 125x

SM10 raw 50 54 60, TI S400 onyx

AOP Oil Can Newport 33 350

I am building a 20 by 14 garage this summer for a personal simulator. I will be looking for some advise to keep the price down but still look professional (mats, frames and impact screens to use).

Has anyone gone with the Full Swing KIT launch monitor? I’ve seen it as low as 4500 on some sites, and it seems to hold up quite well with the trackman.

Titliest TSR4 Driver 9.5 Tensei 1K Black 75 TX

Srixon Z F85 15 HZRDUS Black  6.5

Srixon Z U85 Hybrid 18 

Mizuno MP4 3-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Vokey SM6 50*/54*/58 Vokey Design Steel Shaft

Cleveland Frontline Elevado Putter 

What does everyone recommend for golf matt, enclosure, and impact screen? I want this to look as sharp as possible. My ball speed will be in excess of 180 so the screen has to be able to handle that.

Titliest TSR4 Driver 9.5 Tensei 1K Black 75 TX

Srixon Z F85 15 HZRDUS Black  6.5

Srixon Z U85 Hybrid 18 

Mizuno MP4 3-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Vokey SM6 50*/54*/58 Vokey Design Steel Shaft

Cleveland Frontline Elevado Putter 

I have a tiny backyard, but one with some unused space. I put up a Toja Grid pergola (https://tojagrid.com), got custom canvas panels made and took about a month to construct what has been a terrific, though outdoor, sim station. The only expensive part was the shed roof and the internal cage. This went up 5 years ago and it still works great.

IMG_0116.jpeg

IMG_0117.jpeg

IMG_0118.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 11:24 AM, T2GRNN2 said:

Thats the big thing I take away from looking at peoples sims. Does everybody live in homes that have 10ft ceilings in random rooms in their house or basement? 🤣

Im 6'3 so naturally I'm relegated to using garage space regardless, its just wild to me how many people live in homes that have tall ceilings in lower levels to put golf simulators in.

Im just jealous, we have a huge 800-1k sq ft. unfinished basement that I would love to turn into a golf simulator/man cave/sports viewing area......but its all 8ft ceilings.

Edited by akronswitness

6 minutes ago, akronswitness said:

Thats the big thing I take away from looking at peoples sims. Does everybody live in homes that have 10ft ceilings in random rooms in their house or basement? 🤣

Im 6'3 so naturally I'm relegated to using garage space regardless, its just wild to me how many people live in homes that have tall ceilings in lower levels to put golf simulators in.

Im just jealous, we have a huge 800-1k sq ft. unfinished basement that I would love to turn into a golf simulator/man cave/sports viewing area......but its all 8ft ceilings.

Dig a hole and recess the hitting area.  If there’s a will, there’s a way!

On 12/11/2023 at 7:45 PM, jmoffett said:

20231210_134532.jpg

I feel like this is the route I might have to go due to space and budget.  @jmoffett or Anyone have any info on this type of setup.  Is there a launch monitor in this setup or am I missing it?  Budget around $2,000.  Not sure if that is way off.  I have the net, a laptop and desktop.  I would like a launch monitor that gives me the numbers.  You use the big monitor and not a screen at all.  Correct?  Not sure which one would do that on a budget.  Many thanks.