SkyTrak Plus

Anyone having problems with their ST + reading shots to the left and have any recommendations on how to fix?   I have 1° Roll and Tilt on my unit, but most of my shots are starting well left of my usual ball flight.   I am fairly certain i have the unit set up square to my target and i'm also certain it's not simulator swing issues where i'm worried about shanking one and am therefore closing the face down before impact.  I have hit quite a few pitch shots and those are reading left too and obvious fade shots are not read properly.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Barto78

On 6/12/2023 at 9:34 AM, Barto78 said:

Anyone having problems with their ST + reading shots to the left and have any recommendations on how to fix?   I have 1° Roll and Tilt on my unit, but most of my shots are starting well left of my usual ball flight.   I am fairly certain i have the unit set up square to my target and i'm also certain it's not simulator swing issues where i'm worried about shanking one and am therefore closing the face down before impact.  I have hit quite a few pitch shots and those are reading left too and obvious fade shots are not read properly.

Any suggestions?

I am having the same issues as well. I remember from the OG ST, it had some issues as well. I had to align it right to get it show a shot down the middle. Maybe there is an update pushing out soon? 

Taylor Made SIM 10.5 HZRDUS Yellow 6.0
TM SIM2 MAX 3W HZRDUS Yellow 6.0
TM P790 UDI 2iron Project X LZ 6.0
PXG Gen III 4-7 0311P, 8-GW 0311T Project X LZ 6.0
PXG Forged 55, 60 Project X LZ 6.0
PXG Spit Fire
Titleist Pro-V1/PXG Xtreme Premium

17 hours ago, x4me84 said:

I am having the same issues as well. I remember from the OG ST, it had some issues as well. I had to align it right to get it show a shot down the middle. Maybe there is an update pushing out soon? 

I think i've fixed my alignment issue a bit.  I hit some pitch shots and they finally started reading properly.  

On a side note, i cannot for the life of me get the WGT app to sync with ST+.  Anyone else successfully able to pair their iPad or iPhone w/ the + and play WGT?  I searched Youtube and everything i found was the OG ST unit.  

mine was delivered yesterday... took a bit to get it all synced up, account created and finally from my ipad i was able to push a firmware update to the device which seemed to get everything working but haven't hit on it yet. Also I bought the "play and improve" software package from playbetter and they haven't sent me the software codes yet. ugh.

Having a couple issues with mine - wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same, because I was all in on this unit but ready to return it after a couple of days trying to get it going. Would be happy to find it's user error and get fixed, but after everything I've tried am increasingly leaning toward significant issues in their software/firmware.

Everything I've noted below is in my first few cracks at practice mode.

Alignment mode doesn't work

when I enter alignment mode the second red dot doesn't show up. So the alignment feature isn't working at all. Have tried this connecting with both a PC and the iOS app. Would like to use it as things are going left and I’ve seen where units may need to be turned a few degrees to be “straight.”

Disconnects after (max) of 8-10 shots

After - at most - 8-10 shots, the third light "check mark" goes red and the dot to hit disappears. (troublehooting says that state is "connected to wifi and application, but not armed to hit" but doesn't offer anything to resolve. 

- Guessing it's not a hardware issue, because as soon as you exit practice mode, it comes back on, but it locks up until you do.

- So every few swings it's a couple minutes of exiting the mode and starting a new session

- I've tried network mode with the iOS app, and both network mode and USB direct connect mode with a brand new gaming laptop bought just to use with this. Behavior is consistent.

Edited by K13
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 2:52 PM, K13 said:

Having a couple issues with mine - wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same, because I was all in on this unit but ready to return it after a couple of days trying to get it going. Would be happy to find it's user error and get fixed, but after everything I've tried am increasingly leaning toward significant issues in their software/firmware.

when I enter alignment mode the second red dot doesn't show up. So the alignment feature isn't working at all. Have tried this connecting with both a PC and the iOS app. Would like to use it as things are going left and I’ve seen where units may need to be turned a few degrees to be “straight.”

After - at most - 8-10 shots, the third light "check mark" goes red and the dot to hit disappears. (troublehooting says that state is "connected to wifi and application, but not armed to hit" but doesn't offer anything to resolve. 

- Guessing it's not a hardware issue, because as soon as you exit practice mode, it comes back on, but it locks up until you do.

- So every few swings it's a couple minutes of exiting the mode and starting a new session

- I've tried network mode with the iOS app, and both network mode and USB direct connect mode with a brand new gaming laptop bought just to use with this. Behavior is consistent.

Alignment mode is not working for me either.  

I did start getting some failure to read shots in low lighting Friday evening.   Had not experienced any of that in previous sessions. 

On 6/17/2023 at 12:52 PM, K13 said:

I haven't even tried alignment mode on mine.  How do you get to it and I'll try?  For what its worth mine seems spot on both direction and distance.  Shocking to me how good this is for the price.  Only complaints so far:

1- I'm using direct connect mode (wifi straight between iPad and Skytrak+) and there is a slight lag between hitting and the shot on screen.  This doesn't really bother me (especially at this price point) but people shouldn't expect it to be immediate

2- the hitting dot does disappear some times (3rd light goes purplish/white vs green), not sure why but for me if I wave the club in front of the unit it comes back within a second or two... so hasn't been an issue but I could see that being real annoying if it stayed away longer

3- my son has been playing on it and really awful pulls don't register.  Again, not really a problem as we don't need visual feedback to tell us that a hard low pull is a bad shot.  

Overall I'm super impressed so far.  Need to keep playing with it and see how it reacts with longer clubs as I haven't hit driver/3 wood with it yet so I'll see if that causes any issues.  

• Like 2

On 6/21/2023 at 3:43 PM, Locked said:

I haven't even tried alignment mode on mine.  How do you get to it and I'll try?  For what its worth mine seems spot on both direction and distance.  Shocking to me how good this is for the price.  Only complaints so far:

1- I'm using direct connect mode (wifi straight between iPad and Skytrak+) and there is a slight lag between hitting and the shot on screen.  This doesn't really bother me (especially at this price point) but people shouldn't expect it to be immediate

2- the hitting dot does disappear some times (3rd light goes purplish/white vs green), not sure why but for me if I wave the club in front of the unit it comes back within a second or two... so hasn't been an issue but I could see that being real annoying if it stayed away longer

3- my son has been playing on it and really awful pulls don't register.  Again, not really a problem as we don't need visual feedback to tell us that a hard low pull is a bad shot.  

Overall I'm super impressed so far.  Need to keep playing with it and see how it reacts with longer clubs as I haven't hit driver/3 wood with it yet so I'll see if that causes any issues.  

I didn't know there was an alignment mode too, but I have gotten a lot more swings with mine and I am happy. All the alignment issues are fixed and mine seems to be reading swings correctly. I do feel like sometimes the spin numbers aren't right, but my swing is still to inconsistent to tell if its me or the machine. Having club path and club face has been huge for me, now that I understand how each works with ball flight and being able to feel my swing and see what I am doing, I have been fixing my power fade 🙂 

PXG Spit Fire

Glad to hear you guys have been having a good experience. I’ve been working with the support team from Skytrak this week - conclusion is I got a bad unit and they’re going to replace it. 

For what it’s worth, support team has been really easy to work with. 

re: alignment mode, you get to it from the device balance icon in the bottom. It turns another light on in the path of what the unit considers to be the straight line forward, so you get it angled correctly relative to where you’re hitting it. However - spoiler - there’s a bug and the feature isn’t working now. Will be fixed in a subsequent release. 

• Thanks 1

had skytrak plus for a week after having the original one for the last 3 years and had connectivity issues for the first 3 days and then at a week the skytrak died and send it back for refund but will stay with the original one and possibly upgrade next year once the reliability issues are fixed. Its painful to drop 3K for the unit and it dies after one week

• Like 1

My 30 day trial is about to run out. How is the e6/WGT sim? Is it worth it? Graphics lag? How often are y'all using the practice modes? I was thinking of going with the $249 package. 

PXG Spit Fire

Anyone getting really low spin numbers? I am using a fiberbuilt practice station and have confirmed the bottom of the unit is level with hitting area. My roll and Tilt are both zeroed out as well. Hitting 7 irons with a ProV1 that are spinning around 4000 rpm which I know is not remotely close to my normal numbers. Carry distance is much shorter as well, assuming due to ball not staying in air as long. 

Any other suggestions? 

2 hours ago, kush614 said:

Anyone getting really low spin numbers? I am using a fiberbuilt practice station and have confirmed the bottom of the unit is level with hitting area. My roll and Tilt are both zeroed out as well. Hitting 7 irons with a ProV1 that are spinning around 4000 rpm which I know is not remotely close to my normal numbers. Carry distance is much shorter as well, assuming due to ball not staying in air as long. 

Any other suggestions? 

I don't know any better, but try putting a line on your ball?

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone given up on this thing? It's too quiet...

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Mine is working well. I bought the $249 play package and haven't had any issues so far. Maybe everyone is too busy using the Skytrak+ to discuss? 

• Like 1

PXG Spit Fire

On 6/17/2023 at 12:52 PM, K13 said:

I actually started to experience this, and I reached out to Skytrak support.  They installed an unreleased firmware update for me, and the issue is gone.  They should be pushing it to the masses soon, but you can always reach out directly.  They seemed to know exactly what I was talking about when I described the issue.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheBiles said:

I actually started to experience this, and I reached out to Skytrak support.  They installed an unreleased firmware update for me, and the issue is gone.  They should be pushing it to the masses soon, but you can always reach out directly.  They seemed to know exactly what I was talking about when I described the issue.

Cool - I’m glad they have a fix coming. They ended up replacing mine and the second one worked better. 

does the new firmware enable alignment mode? It’s working now but I still seem to have some bias to the left in it. Would love if that more worked so I can confirm. 

17 hours ago, K13 said:

Cool - I’m glad they have a fix coming. They ended up replacing mine and the second one worked better. 

does the new firmware enable alignment mode? It’s working now but I still seem to have some bias to the left in it. Would love if that more worked so I can confirm. 

No, I’m not seeing anything happen with alignment mode. I’ve never used it before, so I’m not sure what to look for. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2023 at 4:40 PM, Pens #1 fan said:

Do you really get 20+ E6 courses that you can play on an IPAD streaming to Tv with new Skytrak plus? 

I think the courses for iOS are fewer than the full E6 bundle.

My question is about the annual pricing / subscription part.  Looking at the website, it would appear that if I wanted to use skytrak simulator on a PC, I need to pay skytrak $250/yr just for the ability to pay another $300/yr for E6.  So $550/yr to use E6 ?  Is that right?  That seems outrageous....I'd rather just get a GC3 with the courses unlocked from the get go than pay $550 every single year.

19 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

I think the courses for iOS are fewer than the full E6 bundle.

My question is about the annual pricing / subscription part.  Looking at the website, it would appear that if I wanted to use skytrak simulator on a PC, I need to pay skytrak $250/yr just for the ability to pay another $300/yr for E6.  So $550/yr to use E6 ?  Is that right?  That seems outrageous....I'd rather just get a GC3 with the courses unlocked from the get go than pay $550 every single year.

I’m pretty sure for the new Skytrak + you get all those courses to use on IOS for the $250 a yr. It used to be one course then a few for WGT single play 

according to their chat, the $250 plan includes a neutered version of E6 with only the 16 courses and none of the other E6 features.  If you want all E6 courses and features you would need to pay $130 to unlock E6 integration and then another $300 for E6 so $430/yr, or $730/yr if you want access to the expanded courses.

I’m fine won’t the dumb version for now if I were to get the +, I sold my OG Skytrak and may just look to gat another one of those for the time being. When I finally build my Sim room I will then invest in computer and all the other stuff needed. For now if I can play a few different courses running on IPAD streaming to TV I’m fine with that. 

• 6 months later...

Checking in to see if there are any Skytrak+ users happy with the experience. Been doing a ton of research on personal launch monitors and keep coming back to Skytrak+. I like the lack of subscription and I don't want to buy a dedicated gaming PC/laptop.

Looking at Bushnell but the subscription fee is a major turnoff. GC3 goes for $6-7k all in so it's much more expensive.

Any thoughts? Would love some feedback from Skytrak+ owners.

6 hours ago, Farnsworth said:

Checking in to see if there are any Skytrak+ users happy with the experience. Been doing a ton of research on personal launch monitors and keep coming back to Skytrak+. I like the lack of subscription and I don't want to buy a dedicated gaming PC/laptop.

Looking at Bushnell but the subscription fee is a major turnoff. GC3 goes for $6-7k all in so it's much more expensive.

Any thoughts? Would love some feedback from Skytrak+ owners.

You need the minimum Game Improvement Plan for $130/yr. to be able to use the game improvement features. Without any of the subscriptions you only get the driving range.