2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: Mitsubishi Vanquish Shafts! See What Members Are Saying!

11 hours ago, AdrianH said:

I currently play GD DI in 5s. How do you think the vanquish in S or SR would compare?

For me, the bend profiles seem very, very similar.

Solid in the hand, solid at the tip, but active enough in the mid section that it doesn't feel like rebar.

I can't recommend a flex - but I would really recommend the shaft.

It is so good.

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

Just wanted to give a further update folks. I think it was my third (?) round with the Vanquish this weekend. 

I can't say enough good things.

Haven't been center of the fairway this often in a long time.

I know, I know...new shaft, honeymoon phase, shilling, etc., etc. etc...

But really...

It's a damn good shaft and it's made for folks like us.

I'd call it the GD AD-DI for serious weekend warriors. 

It's not going to fit everyone, of course, but I'd recommend throwing it into the mix in your next fitting session.

You gotta hit this thing.

Edited by jholz
  • Like 4

or
or

Didn't get a chance to play this weekend but me and the VANQUISH are going to the Bahamas tomorrow for 5 days and should get 3-4 rounds in. I am a natural worrier so there is a small (1%) part of me that is afraid to put this shaft in the hands of American Airlines but I will just make sure I wrap the inside the travel bag with a GENEROUS amount of bubble wrap and towels. Also I am going to the leave the driver head on so that I don't expose the adapter (had an issue a few years ago where the adapter got slightly damaged from removing the head). Anyway, updates will be coming from the Bahamas soon. See you at Abaco!

Edited by vandyfan
  • Like 2

Mizuno STZ 230 9.5* - LIN-Q Red

Pinhawk SLF 16* 3W - Acer Velocity

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 21* - LIN-Q Blue

Maltby TS1-IM 5-GW -- FST 125

Equalizer II 54* -- KBS Tour 120S

Ping Glide 4.0 58* - Nippon 115

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

23 minutes ago, vandyfan said:

Didn't get a chance to play this weekend but me and the VANQUISH are going to the Bahamas tomorrow for 5 days and should get 3-4 rounds in. I am a natural worrier so there is a small (1%) part of me that is afraid to put this shaft in the hands of American Airlines but I will just make sure I wrap the inside the travel bag with a GENEROUS amount of bubble wrap and towels. Also I am going to the leave the driver head on so that I don't expose the adapter (had an issue a few years ago where the adapter got slightly damaged from removing the head). Anyway, updates will be coming from the Bahamas soon. See you at Abaco!

You've got bigger huevos than me mon frer. But, then again, I won't even let the kids at the bag drop touch my sticks. 😁

Safe travels and I hope you hit 'em well!

or
or

So played over the weekend in Encinitas and can definitively say it was my best round with the vanquish shaft. 

I only hit driver 3 times on the front 9 with decent results with a straight miss hit on the 9th but starting the 10th something clicked and ended up hitting 6 of 7 fairways with all of them center impact and overall 8 of 10 with the vanquish in the D stick. That’s a far cry for me as I’m usually around 40% fairways hit. 

What I felt on that back 9 and going forward is not to be so laid off at the top of my swing. Almost feel like I’m stopping before that feel of being laid off but continue to turn the hips and shoulders. I know it’s fell versus real and probably still semi laid off lol but that’s the feel I’m going with cause I’ve never hit the middle that many consecutive drives. 

IMG_0863.jpeg.2646ac6e7179210c97f1dd9b97b9a7a1.jpeg

this drive on the 11th is always tough to hit without bailing either direction cause the bunkers are right in my landing zone but just pured this one right in between. 

Excited about the prospects ahead with the vanquish with the new feel I have to hit the middle consistently. 

• Like 2

Quick update.  At first, I felt like I needed to swing “smoother” because of the lighter weight.  After spending some more time with the Vanquish, I can now really go after it but don’t need to.  I will have some more free time upcoming to look at a few data points vs. some other shafts, but as of this message I plan on keeping the Vanquish in my driver.  Dispersion is excellent, and it still wants to go straight to a little left.  Rarely am I finding any big misses.

On a lighter note, when my kid saw the Vanquish on the range this weekend.  His comment was, “Whoa dad you have all the golf swag!”  So, on looks alone Mitsubishi you have impressed a 13-year-old. 

• Haha 3

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

I got one off a seller in this forum, been using Velcore all along and started to tryout TR as well.  I am 58ish and started to get real about my speed.  I was between R & S with Ventus Velocore, and got a 4s in Vanquish.  Once I dial in with my TSR2 it was like I was 30 something again swinging for the fence but never had to.  This past weekend I was 30-40 yards past my groups that I play with on Sunday, and they start to yell and say you need to play back a tee now.

I love my Vanquish and it was a great match for me with 90 SS and on those early morning that I am just hurts a bit, it works.

Great feedback from all tester.  Hope you all enjoy it as much as my.

• Like 3

I also tested the vanquish with a friend who is a club builder. My driver swing speed is ~ 115 and I currently use an Accra Tour Z RPG. 

needless to say the heaviest (50g) TX would be quite a change. I was very impressed how consistent the shaft performs, felt more live than my current setup and definitely picked up speed. 

If you are struggling with the driver or need to change the feel. I highly recommend it!

• Like 3

On 6/28/2023 at 9:07 AM, NYYGolfer said:

I also tested the vanquish with a friend who is a club builder. My driver swing speed is ~ 115 and I currently use an Accra Tour Z RPG. 

needless to say the heaviest (50g) TX would be quite a change. I was very impressed how consistent the shaft performs, felt more live than my current setup and definitely picked up speed. 

If you are struggling with the driver or need to change the feel. I highly recommend it!

What is the weight of your Accra Tour Z?  

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

Update 

Took the TSR2 with the Vanquish a couple weeks ago to a scramble and just completely struggled. I has just added the additional swing weight and couldn't adjust.  I didn't get a chance to really mess with it anymore and fortunately left it alone.  My last 2 9 hole leagues I drove it absolutely great.  What really impressed me was the misses were really playable.  The driver now is a predictable push draw machine.  

Today I played a quick 9 holes and had an identical experience.  According to Arrcos the driver is 250-255 yards.  Since I was swinging decent I ran some numbers on the GC Quad.  I compared a G410 with Ventus Blue 6S with the TSR2 with the Vanquish.  Both at 45 inches.

The TSR2/Vanquish was 2 mph faster club head and 4 mph ball speed.  More importantly, the TSR2 dispersion was crazy consistent.  I only hit 3 drives and averaged 4 yards offline (1/7/5 yards) - all touch right of center (push draw machine).  The TSR2/Vanquish was 7 yards longer carry the the 410/Ventus.

I still want to test the Vanquish against the Brava shaft but to be honest I am a little nervous messing with it right now!

Edited by yoder9339

Well, I got take the VANQUISH on vacation (even though American lost my bag for 2 days....😬) but eventually we were reunited. It performed well on what can be a penal course if you miss the fairway. My brother in law swung it a few times and remarked on how smooth it was. By the end of the trip he was looking at his current shaft (Kai'li Blue) a bit sideways compared to mine. I managed to hit one 338 yds downwind on what were fairly soft fairways. Truly impressive stuff. AND I played a rental set the days before which had motore shafts in them that I did not get along with nearly as well. My driving was fair to middling with the rental set and then back to normal with the VANQUISH. I would say I have been convinced of the importance of a good shaft (for me) and that it is definitely more important than the head. 

image.jpeg.805e14e9d7efeaaea957ea55482a300e.jpeg

image.jpeg.b730ceee536aa295f015c2ce2c46e711.jpeg

image.jpeg.d366a48177a4e5abebc296e212dfdf5e.jpeg

image.jpeg.8ed14abe8c4cc0da30c9527f4e911ecc.jpeg

Edited by vandyfan
  • Like 4

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

Update on my experience with the Vanquish. The last two weeks were a bit tough in truly putting it through its paces as I had tournaments going on and couldn't risk throwing a brand new setup in the bag. However, today in my usual weekend money game, I tossed it in the bag to give it a true go in a round that meant something.

I experienced some of what others have been saying. First, the dispersion is pretty damn fantastic. I was in the fairway most of the day. I did notice that if I was off on my tempo a bit, my tendency was to pull it. I had 3-4 drives that just felt fantastic and flew the same, if not further, than my ventus blue combo. However, I noticed it spinning a bit on others and I was definitely short on a couple drives. I had one moon ball that I never see with my swing that landed in the middle of the fairway but was at least 30-40 yards short of my landing target. I actually really like the way it feels for the most part and it seems to be really easy to swing. I'm going to try and dial my driver head down a degree when I play on Monday and see if that helps it out a bit. 

Overall, I am impressed with this shaft as I had all but written these types of shafts off after my ill advised AutoFlex experiment years back. 

Edited by Tarheelnation3
  • Like 3

IG Handle: @tarheelnation3

What's in the bag:

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6s

Fairway Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 3 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Taylormade Stealth+ 5 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Tour Issued Callaway Paradym 7 wood w/ Speeder 757 Evolution VII

Irons: Taylormade P790 Copper w/ Nippon Modus 120 Shafts

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Raw 50/55/60 w/ Nippon Modus 120

Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Aloha (and many others)

As I continue to test the Vanquish, I am learning that I don't have to adjust anything to make this shaft work.  My only adjustment has been relying on a tight draw to very straight (see pics below where I have changed), where I would play a fade with the potential for a big block previously.  Bring a little lighter; remember that you can swing a little easier/smother and still get incredible distance out of the Vanquish. 

I recently spent a lot of time on the range, adjusting my driver settings.  I tried a flatter setting, open face, flat and open.....  All roads lead back to A1 standard Titleist setting.  

hl 7.jpg

hl 18.jpg

hll 18.jpg

• Like 3

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

🎵 Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack 🎵

Okay, we had a slight hiccup in the Bahamas which impacted my TOTAL game and really just a full swing issue. Whatever. That's over. 

Played this weekend and let me tell you, we are all the way back. I am starting to end up in NEW places on the golf course due to length. As I have mentioned this thing launches the ball and I had to turn down a degree which has been nothing but fruitful for my distance and trajectory. Anyway, I played with a few members that I have never played with before and to a man they all thought the shaft had a very premium look to it that was unlike anything they had seen before. Also, the whole reason they wanted to see the shaft was because the trajectory was blowing their minds. One guy, in kind of a backhanded compliment, was asking me how I squeezed that much distance and height out of what looked like a really tame swing. I will just go back to saying that this is almost like a tempo trainer and a turbocharger in one. Super stable through impact but very active feeling if you are just waggling it. And that activeness kicks through the ball and just makes you finish the swing. It's really pretty mindblowing. I am curious what the TX feels like, not because I have any business swinging a TX but if the smoothness goes through all the flexes. It sounds like it does. 

One other point on being in new places, there is a short par 4 that I typically try to miss just short right since it is about 280 to the front and there is really nasty bunker short left. So I try to hit a stock 260 yd drive right of the green. Well, put that swing on it with the Vanquish and watched it carry about 285 right of the green into a few trees and drop down at 296 right of the green. It was wild. It just kept going in the air. In all I had 4 drives on the day that were over 290. I don't have elite speed. I was not playing 30 mph downwind or 50 feet down hill. These were fairly flat shots. I am having to recalibrate where I aim because I am currently hitting the ball TOO far on a few holes to aim where I used to aim. LOL. 

• Like 4

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

I unfortunately didn't get on the course this weekend - had to spend the weekend in Long Island for my second-cousin-in-laws "engagement party..." ugh, like these folks don't know I play golf.

Couldn't bring my clubs - but I did spend the morning having a couple of beers at Bethpage watching people tee off on the Black Course. Always entertaining. That place is "industrial level" public golf.

In any event, with the holiday and my last day at my present job coming on a Wednesday - I've got at least two rounds planned for this coming week. One at my home course, so I'll be posting some more thoughts soon!

Really appreciate everyone's contributions to this thread!

• Like 2

or
or

1 hour ago, getair23 said:

If you look at torque values the Vanquish comes in higher on paper.  In my head, I like to think I am somewhat of a feel player, but I cannot discern the higher torque value in the Vanquish vs. the 1K, AV Raw White, or Ventus Balck.  As @vandyfan says, the Vanquish is a bit of a tempo trainer that you can also throw the kitchen sink at if you like, I often do.  

Mitsubishi has always sourced and used high-quality special sauce in their shafts.  Vanquish is no exception.   I highly recommend throwing this into your next fitting session or unthinkingly purchasing it as I would do based on WRX feedback.

A good example of throwing the kitchen sink at the Vanquish is below.  A little draw can run a long way on this 396-yard par 4.  Leaving a short pitch to the flag.  

15 1.jpg

15 2.jpg

I would of never gave this shaft a look back in the days with a torque value that high. But torque is unfortunately an industry standard value given to consumers that doesn't even have a uniform standard to measure.

Needless to say I was somewhat hesitant getting the 4TX with its listed torque value of 5.2 but knew better than to go by that. 

To compare by previous gamer was the Tensei Pro Orange 60TX and I believe its the stiffest handle of any MCA shafts with a robust tip to boot. I can honestly say the vanquish is just as stable on the handle and tip as the TPO 1K with just a bit of mid shaft kick. 

• Like 2

Another round on the course today and I'm just confused by the shaft. I absolutely LOVE the feel of it. I also LOVE how aggressive I can be in taking lines with it. It's point and shoot at this point with me. One of my home courses is very narrow off the box on a lot of holes and I had ZERO hesitation today going for lines. However, I just keep feeling like I'm shorter with this thing, even if it seems to be accurate AF. With that being said, I enjoyed my round with it but kept thinking I was losing something. I even turned it down a degree in hopes it would help (it did, a bit). Finally, when I got to hole 18 at my course (a long par 5) I decided to see if I was imagining the distance loss or if it was real. My first swing was with the Vanquish and I hit it square and almost as good as I could. It was a great swing, enough so that my playing partners commented on how I "crushed it". However, I still felt it looked short. I immediately pulled my other driver out. SAME head, just different shaft. My "usual" setup of a Ventus Blue. I put a decent swing on it, but not nearly as good as my one with the Vanquish. It was a bit of a tailing fade. When we got up to the balls, the damn Ventus setup was a good 30 yards ahead of the Vanquish. Disappointing to say the least because I absolutely love how confident I am with this thing. I really need to figure out why/how I'm giving up this much in yardage from my usual setup.

IG Handle: @tarheelnation3

What's in the bag:

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6s

Fairway Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 3 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Taylormade Stealth+ 5 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Tour Issued Callaway Paradym 7 wood w/ Speeder 757 Evolution VII

Irons: Taylormade P790 Copper w/ Nippon Modus 120 Shafts

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Raw 50/55/60 w/ Nippon Modus 120

Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Aloha (and many others)

18 hours ago, getair23 said:

If you look at torque values the Vanquish comes in higher on paper.  In my head, I like to think I am somewhat of a feel player, but I cannot discern the higher torque value in the Vanquish vs. the 1K, AV Raw White, or Ventus Balck.  As @vandyfan says, the Vanquish is a bit of a tempo trainer that you can also throw the kitchen sink at if you like, I often do.  

Mitsubishi has always sourced and used high-quality special sauce in their shafts.  Vanquish is no exception.   I highly recommend throwing this into your next fitting session or unthinkingly purchasing it as I would do based on WRX feedback.

A good example of throwing the kitchen sink at the Vanquish is below.  A little draw can run a long way on this 396-yard par 4.  Leaving a short pitch to the flag.  

15 1.jpg

15 2.jpg

Thanks for a great address shot, I knew it had logo on top as well as below,

im a bit fussy about how clubs look at address and would prefer nothing at all, but this does still look good.

3 hours ago, corky said:

Thanks for a great address shot, I knew it had logo on top as well as below,

im a bit fussy about how clubs look at address and would prefer nothing at all, but this does still look good.

I'll get a few more on the course next time out.  For now, here are some I took this morning.  The two logos are slightly different, with one being much more visible than the other.  I default to logo down with grips and graphics down with shafts.  I have yet to notice the logo once.  The bottom half of the shaft is a subtle, almost flat black that blends nicely into most club heads.  

van4.jpg

van6.jpg

van7.jpg

• Thanks 1

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

I am going to steal an idea from the TXG guys and see if I can do what Matt Blois used to do sometimes (no, not hit 330 yd carry drivers on repeat) and see how this club reacts at different swing speeds. I am going to try to do some off-speed amd max speed stuff on Trackman and see what happens at:

90 mph swing speed
100 mph SS
Max mph SS

It is my suspicion that this thing will do surprisingly well at 90 mph. I am repeating myself but I have found (out on the golf course) that when I throttle back the SS the shaft steps up to fill the void. Granted, I probably sequence better etc. etc. as I am not a robot and I can't have the EXACT same swing at all 3 different speeds. But I am curious what the efficiency will be at those different speeds. Also, what is a good indicator of that? Is it ball speed relative to swing speed? Or is carry distance relative to swing speed? Probably will just present all the trackman data because I will be curious what happens with launch, spin, ball speed, carry and, for my own edification, how my attack angle changes (or doesn't) at different speeds. 

Also, I want to see what happens if I put a lower spin ball like the Tour Response in play instead of a Pro V1/V1x. I can't hit the tour response on the trackman because my club is VERY particular that you only use their Pro V1s that don't have any logo or marking on them (to protect the screen). The tour response will hurt my performance around the greens (our greens are mega fast) but *should* spin less, I just don't know if the lower compression will negate the decrease in spin due to being "slower" than the Pro V1. Ultimately, I think the Pro V1 or the Snell MTB Black is the best ball for me but just curious what happens with a different ball on the course. 

BE7252FA-B65D-48A3-AB62-47B028806954.jpeg.ded097265a535789ad01db12a1426fa3.jpeg84CC9168-5655-4707-A349-E1FB522B04D2.jpeg.98a696697b67bc21448dda6516b3265d.jpeg

Edited by vandyfan
  • Like 1

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

I played 14 holes last night without warming up.  My first couple of tee shots tend to go right without getting a few pre-round swings in.  The first shot with the Vanquish was a baby draw into the rough not far from where I aimed.  I then switched to the 1k and predictably went right rough.  Less of an issue if it wasn't 90+* and I wasn't carrying my bag 😅

I played two balls off the tee and swapped the Vanquish and the 1k (60 grams) on 12 holes.  I'm starting to notice that the Vanquish has a more active tip section.  This is why it releases a little quicker than a few other shafts and never goes to the right.  The picture below shows most of my sots not in the fairway, a few yards into the rough.  I had one horrific smothered duck hook off the planet; that was all on me.  

Distance-wise, I have not found the Vanquish to be much longer than the 1k.  I think the light weight of the Vanquish vs. the slight uptick in spin negates a significant gain.  I'll try to find time to get on a launch monitor to sort that out through data.  That said, I hit one to a spot I have never been below (see second pic).  I have seen this green-driven once; I'm still a yard away from doing it.  

van12.jpg

van9.jpg

• Like 1

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

I had my best driving day with the Vanquish yesterday, and this happened!  Ball in the right rough.  Which is exactly where I was aiming.  I play the TSr4 with the training wheels (heavier weight) in the back, making it somewhat more forgiving.  The Vanquish and TSr4 combo has been more accurate than I expected.  

van11.jpg

• Like 1

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

They blew the horn on 18 as I was putting out, right before the weather took a severe turn.  I felt a little like Dorothy at the beginning of The Wizard of Oz, and today looks to be about the same.  

Next time I can get out, I will switch the weights in my driver's head around and see how the Vanquish performs with less spin.  Dispersion has been excellent, but I will continue to tinker in true WRX fashion.  

van13.jpg

van14.jpg

• Like 1

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

Got on Trackman yesterday to do the following test, try to swing at 90ish mph, 103-105 (normal speed) and then "all out". I wanted to see what happened to spin rates and efficiency when I backed off and stepped on it. I should point out I walked 18 before this so I was warm but couldn't really get amped up for top speeds. 

image.png.773d3d554cf1e1656625df3675d5414e.png

Okay, so this a little spinny but probably more of a "me problem". I have noticed I ballooned a few out there on the course.

image.png.7cb0ae2ae3d663f7ea45c716c02c0516.png

This was interesting! Might be more due to the fact that I am playing a Regular shaft and that is better suited to this speed but I was surprised at how efficient these were. Height was comically low but that was due to me trying to swing a driver 90 mph. This was actually a good indicator on the shaft as it kicked really well at this speed. I felt like I was hitting half wedges to swing and these all came out on a VERY tight dispersion. This is a compelling test. 

image.png.726a4b7e6a1a8200de44371e44db3f34.png

Full disclosure, my all out swing wasn't really there today. I didn't want to achieve it by ripping on the handle so this was all I could muster. I did touch 290 totals a few times and my spin stayed close to my 103 mph swing. There was a big time jump in height and I lost a few right (because I think I ripped on the handle). But overall, quite stable. 

So there you have it, I think the VANQUISH stood up well here and particularly impressive in the 90-95 mph range. To be fair, I think setting the driver at 10.5 would have been even better for the slow swing to "optimize" but, again, the accuracy was out of this world. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

• 2 weeks later...

Did not get many swings in with the Vanquish as I was at Monte's clinic last week which focuses mostly on swing changes with irons but will be playing 36 this weekend (if the weather holds out). Since I am coming fresh out of golf school/clinic it could be ugly OR the Vanquish could truly save me. Either way, I don't want to put too much stock into my results this weekend since I am a bit all over the place with swing thoughts. 

Where I last left it with the Vanquish I found that dispersion was still very good, ball flight was where I wanted and not losing it left. All good things! 

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1