2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: Mitsubishi Vanquish Shafts! See What Members Are Saying!

Got out on the course this weekend and did a side by side with the VANQUISH and the LIN-Q. They feel a little different and the vanquish feels more active, to me. The Vanquish has more potential, for sure, my best drive of the day was 321 yds (which at 110 mph swing speed is insane) with the MCA and the best drive of the day with the LIN-Q was 310 (same hole). VANQUISH feels a little bit easier to turn over BUT I also have to be a little more "engaged" when I am swinging it, if that makes any sense. Granted, I have been playing the LIN-Q for the last few weeks so maybe I just have to adjust back but I think of it like this....there is definitely magic in the VANQUISH that isn't there in other shafts* but it has to fit your tempo (obviously) and can't just be wailed on. 

*so far I have tested the VANQUISH against LIN-Q Red, LIN-Q Blue, HZRDUS Black, Aldila Ascent, Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue, Motore X, UST Proforce

92C7B15E-18FF-465A-9B28-4F28712D86B3.jpeg

A4CF9FBE-157F-465B-A9BA-0342C7DF7E5E.jpeg

39BE81AC-76E1-413D-BF95-E7EAAFE0EC61.jpeg

Edited by vandyfan
  • Like 2

Mizuno STZ 230 9.5* - LIN-Q Red

Pinhawk SLF 16* 3W - Acer Velocity

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 21* - LIN-Q Blue

Maltby TS1-IM 5-GW -- FST 125

Equalizer II 54* -- KBS Tour 120S

Ping Glide 4.0 58* - Nippon 115

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

On 8/8/2023 at 9:42 AM, getair23 said:

I just ordered a 1k white 50g TX for comparison.  You know the WRX way.  If it isn't broke, try new stuff anyway.  I feel like it is my civil duty to this community.  

You the real MVP

• Haha 1
  1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

On 9/18/2023 at 7:21 AM, vandyfan said:

so far I have tested the VANQUISH against LIN-Q Red, LIN-Q Blue, HZRDUS Black, Aldila Ascent, Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue, Motore X, UST Proforce

It must quite the sight when you roll into the range with like 10 driver shaft ala Hideki 😅

While I have been carrying both the vanquish and my tensei 1K orange, its been beneficial to have both cause everyday brings a different feel and those days when I goto the vanquish its been an asset having it where a more smooth tempo is needed. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Glock917 said:

It must quite the sight when you roll into the range with like 10 driver shaft ala Hideki 😅

While I have been carrying both the vanquish and my tensei 1K orange, its been beneficial to have both cause everyday brings a different feel and those days when I goto the vanquish its been an asset having it where a more smooth tempo is needed. 

I have slowed down, bringing multiple shafts to the course.  I have been going back and forth between the 1k Black and the Vanquish lately.  A great member here was kind enough to take my Ventus Black off my hands, so there was one less variable in the ongoing test.  

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

1 hour ago, Glock917 said:

It must quite the sight when you roll into the range with like 10 driver shaft ala Hideki 

Luckily most of those shafts did not make it outside of the trackman bay inside so I was able to hide my stockpile a bit. The Vanquish remains the consistently longest "active" shaft that I can still control. The LIN-Q is a close second but doesn't feel quite as smooth. With the drop in temperatures coming I think I will like the Vanquish even better when it is 50/40 degrees outside. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2023 at 4:54 PM, getair23 said:

I have slowed down, bringing multiple shafts to the course.  I have been going back and forth between the 1k Black and the Vanquish lately.  A great member here was kind enough to take my Ventus Black off my hands, so there was one less variable in the ongoing test.  

Hey I see that you are the only one using an TX vanquish which is what I am considering getting. Just wanted to ask what is your usual cb, I'm around 110 and have mostly used X from Mitsubishi but considering the TX because it is suppose to be a lightweight shaft and was hoping that getting a TX would help me from over spinning the ball.

14 hours ago, CC_ said:

Hey I see that you are the only one using an TX vanquish which is what I am considering getting. Just wanted to ask what is your usual cb, I'm around 110 and have mostly used X from Mitsubishi but considering the TX because it is suppose to be a lightweight shaft and was hoping that getting a TX would help me from over spinning the ball.

Thank you for the question.  I’m around 115, and benefit slightly in dispersion when I use TX in the driver.  I never feel overwhelmed with TX in this shaft.  To do it over again I would have liked to tip the Vanquish 1/2”.  At 110 I would feel confident with the Vanquish in TX.

Let us know how this works out for you.   

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

15 hours ago, CC_ said:

I can chime in my 2cents since I got the 4TX. 

I am around 115 chs speed as well and with the noticeable difference in weight between my gamer I have never felt I can overpower this shaft. I really feel it can be used as a long drive shaft but still can be swung smoothly with a fairway finder swing. 

The biggest adjustment was obviously the weight and hone in your timing to get a consistent strike but the shaft itself is smooth and you can instantly feel all the tech behind it. 

There is only 5 grams difference between the 4TX and 5TX but has 1* more of overall torque which i only can guess it has a slightly different profile. Wish I can get the EI curve of the two. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 3:57 AM, getair23 said:

Thank you for the question.  I’m around 115, and benefit slightly in dispersion when I use TX in the driver.  I never feel overwhelmed with TX in this shaft.  To do it over again I would have liked to tip the Vanquish 1/2”.  At 110 I would feel confident with the Vanquish in TX.

Let us know how this works out for you.   

Thanks for the reply, just received it yesterday, tipped it 1/4”. Still trying to get used the the release as it is little different than my iz, it does feel firm in the handle and a nice kick at impact, hook on most of the misses but it’s like a bullet when I catch one.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 4:36 AM, Glock917 said:

I can chime in my 2cents since I got the 4TX. 

I am around 115 chs speed as well and with the noticeable difference in weight between my gamer I have never felt I can overpower this shaft. I really feel it can be used as a long drive shaft but still can be swung smoothly with a fairway finder swing. 

The biggest adjustment was obviously the weight and hone in your timing to get a consistent strike but the shaft itself is smooth and you can instantly feel all the tech behind it. 

There is only 5 grams difference between the 4TX and 5TX but has 1* more of overall torque which i only can guess it has a slightly different profile. Wish I can get the EI curve of the two. 

ya I definitely have to get the release right, I think I release too early when I try to Load one and it hooks on me, 4tx and 5tx I think 5tx prob tiny bit stiffer with a little more material and little thicker handle part 0.590 vs 0.585 I believe. Just had it for a day think it works better for me when I smooth the swing but I caught one loading it hard and it went super long so I think I’ll just have to figure some timing out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These are currently a JDM release, with a US launch coming soon.  

Super lightweight with fairways and hybrids topping out under 70g.  

• Like 1

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, sollerak said:

Anyone tried the vanquish in a fw wood yet?

They are releasing specific fairway and hybrid models.  Likely early 24.  Hopefully, with the new WB and potentially a White Vanquish profile 🤐 🤐🙊

• Like 1

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

Can one of you gents do me a favor and measure from tip to graphics?  Off-season tinkering has begun and I've got one on the way.  It's got a TM tip on it, so I'm wondering if TM has tipped it as they often do for their driver shafts.  Or if it's a pure aftermarket deal that hasn't been tipped or whatever.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, jmck said:

Can one of you gents do me a favor and measure from tip to graphics?  Off-season tinkering has begun and I've got one on the way.  It's got a TM tip on it, so I'm wondering if TM has tipped it as they often do for their driver shafts.  Or if it's a pure aftermarket deal that hasn't been tipped or whatever.  Thanks!

Hope this is helpful.

vanq1.jpg

vanq2.jpg

vanq3.jpg

• Like 1

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

8 hours ago, jmck said:

Awesome, thanks again!

Was it tipped?

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

On 11/24/2023 at 11:01 PM, getair23 said:

Was it tipped?

Not arriving until Monday, really looking forward to giving it a try.  Kind of a similar story for me as for @vandyfan.  Always preferred higher torque, more flexible shafts relative to my SS, but now heading into lighter weight territory to try to regain some lost-to-age club head speed.  Used to be able to roll out of bed hungover AF and cruise all day at 110.  Now it's like I gotta eat super healthy and do a bunch of yoga to crack 105.

I try to avoid buying without hitting first, but couldn't resist this one, largely based on the reviews in this thread.  I'm in a rural area and have my choice of two clubs and what they carry (Ping, Cally, TM and Titleist between the two of them).  If it's not in one of their fitting carts I'm driving an hour-plus to track it down.

Anyway, it's a 4SR incoming, so if it is tipped it's theoretically a better fit for me.  If it's not tipped, it's more of an experiment, and I can always tip it later on.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2023 at 7:24 PM, yoder9339 said:

Update 

Took the TSR2 with the Vanquish a couple weeks ago to a scramble and just completely struggled. I has just added the additional swing weight and couldn't adjust.  I didn't get a chance to really mess with it anymore and fortunately left it alone.  My last 2 9 hole leagues I drove it absolutely great.  What really impressed me was the misses were really playable.  The driver now is a predictable push draw machine.  

Today I played a quick 9 holes and had an identical experience.  According to Arrcos the driver is 250-255 yards.  Since I was swinging decent I ran some numbers on the GC Quad.  I compared a G410 with Ventus Blue 6S with the TSR2 with the Vanquish.  Both at 45 inches.

The TSR2/Vanquish was 2 mph faster club head and 4 mph ball speed.  More importantly, the TSR2 dispersion was crazy consistent.  I only hit 3 drives and averaged 4 yards offline (1/7/5 yards) - all touch right of center (push draw machine).  The TSR2/Vanquish was 7 yards longer carry the the 410/Ventus.

I still want to test the Vanquish against the Brava shaft but to be honest I am a little nervous messing with it right now!

Hi, 

I just got my Vanquish 4 SR yesterday and added the Ping driver adapter to it today. I will cut it at 45.5" to have a bit of room if I like to tip it. My SS is around 93-96mph with my current driver. 

I wanted to know if you could give some feedback after a few months of using the Vanquish... what configuration is currently your gamer? 

Best regards,

Markus

I have an untipped Vanquish 4R that I play in my Mizuno ST-Z 230. Works well for my tempo and release. I currently have a swing speed around 104-107 mph with driver. 

Edited by vandyfan

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

5 hours ago, Mavrix said:

Hi, 

I just got my Vanquish 4 SR yesterday and added the Ping driver adapter to it today. I will cut it at 45.5" to have a bit of room if I like to tip it. My SS is around 93-96mph with my current driver. 

I wanted to know if you could give some feedback after a few months of using the Vanquish... what configuration is currently your gamer? 

Best regards,

Markus

Congrats on the new shaft; I hope you love it!

I play it straight in at 45" in my TSr4.  The Vanquish is a 5 TX.  In hindsight, I would have tipped a 1/2 inch to bring the spin down.  The feel and dispersion are excellent.  

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

• 4 weeks later...

Great shaft... no doubt

The original gray Fujikura SIX shaft was lightweight for the time and high torque with a cult following including several professionals.

Dont let the torque number turn you away from at least trying it.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3  8.0  w/ hot melt - Vanquish 40x at 45.25"
Titleist TSR3  15.0 hot melted head - Yellow Smoke HC 70x
Titleist T200 2 iron - Speeder 904HB
Titleist T200 4 iron - Black Japan C Taper 95 stiff
Irons - Test Mode
Custom Scratch McCoy gunmetal grind 50 - Super Peening Blue
Custom Scratch McCoy gunmetal grind 55 - Super Peening Blue
Custom Scratch Don White tumbled raw grind 61 - Modus 125 Wedge Flex
Bettinardi BB Zero DASS flow neck at 37"
Vessel III stand bag

I just ordered the fairway version of this shaft from Tour Spec in 6 triple diamond which actually weighs almost 70 grams

I am really hoping it aligns well with the driver shaft

Titleist TSR3  8.0  w/ hot melt - Vanquish 40x at 45.25"
Titleist TSR3  15.0 hot melted head - Yellow Smoke HC 70x
Titleist T200 2 iron - Speeder 904HB
Titleist T200 4 iron - Black Japan C Taper 95 stiff
Irons - Test Mode
Custom Scratch McCoy gunmetal grind 50 - Super Peening Blue
Custom Scratch McCoy gunmetal grind 55 - Super Peening Blue
Custom Scratch Don White tumbled raw grind 61 - Modus 125 Wedge Flex
Bettinardi BB Zero DASS flow neck at 37"
Vessel III stand bag

• 3 months later...

Hey question for those with knowledge.   I ordered the new callaway smoke max D with Vanquish but it's the callaway PL version of the Vanquish.   After research I found it's the cheaper version, custom to callaway.   This has me concerned I'm not getting the real thing.   I did get great ball speed for me.  Any thoughts in this more affordable version.?

24 minutes ago, chewiemf said:

Hey question for those with knowledge.   I ordered the new callaway smoke max D with Vanquish but it's the callaway PL version of the Vanquish.   After research I found it's the cheaper version, custom to callaway.   This has me concerned I'm not getting the real thing.   I did get great ball speed for me.  Any thoughts in this more affordable version.?

you are getting the real thing as Vanquish PL is on website with specs posted. It’s a different shaft from the ones the testers received but still a legit shaft 

https://mitsubishigolf.com/products/vanquish-pl

• Like 1

I forgot about this thread.  Quick follow up from me.  At ~105ss, I found the 4SR (untipped) to be a bit too soft for my swing.  Need to tip it and give it another try, but it ended up chucked over into the 'when I get around to it' project pile.  If I really concentrated on slowing down my tempo and transition I saw some encouraging results, but with my normal move it felt like the clubhead couldn't quite catch up to my hands at impact.  Might be I'm a bit too much of a 'hitter' for it, but I'll tip it (thinking maybe 3/4"?) and give it another shot at some point.

Edited by jmck

9 hours ago, double or triple? said:

you are getting the real thing as Vanquish PL is on website with specs posted. It’s a different shaft from the ones the testers received but still a legit shaft 

https://mitsubishigolf.com/products/vanquish-pl

Thanks.  So the 4R I was fitted into has a slightly higher torque and lighter weight than the premium Vanquish.  PL also has less of a certain material and not the same manufacting tolerances.  That's what has me curious.   Maybe it doesn't matter because I'm not exactly Scottie Scheffler.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chewiemf said:

Thanks.  So the 4R I was fitted into has a slightly higher torque and lighter weight than the premium Vanquish.  PL also has less of a certain material and not the same manufacting tolerances.  That's what has me curious.   Maybe it doesn't matter because I'm not exactly Scottie Scheffler.

I would doubt this "real thing" a little (just a little) as Callaway offers the Vanquish PL for no upcharge with their newer drivers. Hard to imagine Callaway is down-charge on the premium shaft if it's built with similar technology 

• Like 1

Paradym 9 + Vanquish

Stealth 2+ 3w + Ventus Blue

Callaway UT 2024 Tour Issue 18 + KBS PGH

Mizuno 923 Tour 4-P + ProjectX LZ

Cleveland RTX 6 50 55 60

Toulon Design Vista + BGT Tour Stability