2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: Mitsubishi Vanquish Shafts! See What Members Are Saying!

Another good day with the vanquish. Cruising at 270-290 yds all day. It feels and does exactly what I like. Releases so smoothly and if you yank on the handle it tells you immediately. When you do the “cast A” from the top it just explodes into the ball. Missed one fairway today, unbelievable.

27B8601B-E9E9-4EAB-8FB0-613B40A6F2CF.jpeg

517CB0E4-3143-47D4-8E43-A137644A317C.jpeg

• Like 4

Mizuno STZ 230 9.5* - LIN-Q Red

Pinhawk SLF 16* 3W - Acer Velocity

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 21* - LIN-Q Blue

Maltby TS1-IM 5-GW -- FST 125

Equalizer II 54* -- KBS Tour 120S

Ping Glide 4.0 58* - Nippon 115

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

Review updated.

IG Handle: @tarheelnation3

What's in the bag:

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6s

Fairway Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 3 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Taylormade Stealth+ 5 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Tour Issued Callaway Paradym 7 wood w/ Speeder 757 Evolution VII

Irons: Taylormade P790 Copper w/ Nippon Modus 120 Shafts

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Raw 50/55/60 w/ Nippon Modus 120

Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Aloha (and many others)

Had to spend most of my weekend serving beers at HONfest for Skatepark of Baltimore...

But managed to get the Vanquish cut down to 44.75 and installed a Golf Pride Tour Velvet this morning.

First range session shows promise. Misses were flat and slightly left. Good strikes were high and straight. The holy grail.

Overall, the Vanquish feels very stable and swingable. It invites you to go at the ball. Tight ball flight.

Very impressed so far. One more range session next weekend (with photos) and throwing it into play on the 24th.

More to come.

Edited by jholz

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

UPDATE WITH 2 ROUNDS IN:

Overall it’s been either a third really good a third just ok but playable and last just bad shots. The bad shots are all me and can’t blame the equipment in bit but the hood is really good and I’m excited to get more acclimated to it

I’m a pretty hard handle puller in transition so my bad is when I I go back to my old ways and just pull hard from the start of the downswing. The thing is even if I save it to get a decent strike the face is no wear near playable and leads to disaster. But it’s so eerie to me the smoothest swings just produce straight missiles that I’ve never seen before. 

IMG_0825.jpeg.a42fb1b19f316fce92153f132f0f2575.jpeg
the 10th hole in a course in Encinitas plays at 440ish it’s ~25y downhill but always plays dead into the cheddar about 12mph that day and this was just an easy swing and produces this see. I was flabbergasted needless to say. 

IMG_0827.jpeg.a9b0168bd841b4e539bb180151d17f5e.jpeg

the 14th hole this was a total block but I buttoned this one and never had a block go that far and again just smoothing one out there. 

end of the day I just need to discipline and just do smoothies all day haha. But def optimistic moving forward and on a  side note my last couple driver swings did not feel labored one bit. What a big difference 15g makes on the stamina through a round. Trying to get some trackman numbers soon. 

more to come… 

• Like 1

I will start updating my master post but I want to keep these general short notes separate. The VANQUISH for me has an active feel that I really like. What I would say is that is FEELS softer to flex than say my Grafalloy Pro Launch. Not a bad thing and doesn't mean lack of stability but I am playing the VANQUISH in R flex at 48g and my Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue is A flex at 46g and the VANQUISH feels slightly softer. Again, that is not a bad thing for me. Both shafts are the exact same playing length and right now I like the feel of the VANQUISH better but want to put that out there. The VANQUISH is definitely a smoother transition shaft and if you are a handle dragger I would be curious how you would (or wouldn't) get along with this shaft. The 1-2 times I felt myself rip down on the handle (a move I have worked the last 7 months to get rid of) I lose the ball a bit right. So for me, this is perfect because it continues to reinforce the release pattern I have been drilling for a while now. So far...so VERY good. 

• Like 3

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

VERY LONG POST INCOMING....(will shorten and add highlights to my initial review post)...

Had an hour long Trackman session today and had some fairly interesting findings. I will probably have to go back in again after what I saw today but first, the shafts up for testing:

1. Testing Shaft -- Mitsubishi Chemical VANQUISH - 47g - R (Regular) Flex - 45.5" playing length
2. Current Shaft -- Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue - 46g - A (Senior) Flex - 45.5" playing length
3. Stock Fitting Shaft -- HZRDUS Black Gen 4 - 60g - S (Stiff) Flex - 45.5" playing length

1633570264_3shaftsinarow.jpg.561b6edac2d40d6209edadc0cbb01da1.jpg

I choose the HZRDUS Black Gen 4 shaft because that is the stock shaft that I believe I would be fitted (and have been fitted into) by most fitters. At 105-110 mph swing speed, that is generally what is being pushed on me. So I wanted to see a few things vs the VANQUISH in both my current "otto-phlex" shaft and the stock shaft that most Golf Galaxy fitters would put me into. I tried to get 10 good total shots on the board. I probably threw out 2 drives each on the 3 shafts listed above. I would generally hit 5 shots and switch. I warmed up with all 3 before putting them into LIVE play. Anyway, here are the numbers below:

NOTE: The Trackman's email feature was down so I had to MANUALLY type all this in and get some low quality pictures of the dispersion, please excuse but you should still be able to see the relative dispersion...

1) MCA VANQUISH (set to 10.5* with 6g weight in the head):

image.png.1ae23f2e30384e0a2c81a59b9915725d.png

1103379750_vanquishdispersion.jpg.f420039084cc60cf7dd17948ebc5d760.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue [Current Gamer] (set to 10.5* with 6g weight in the head):

image.png.aae3388715e570ff6e0938ff11b5ab26.png 

1450832757_GLPBdispersion.jpg.9b4b9a192287a53b7886d6f80f4f05ca.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) HZRDUS Black Gen 4 (set to 10.5* with 6g weight in the head):

image.png.8ee104524a08a4440f5872b50b08fe82.png

715309928_HZRDUSStiffdispersion.jpg.7e4a0c4719b94e2c916030d886f4cb89.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So those were my initial runs. I liked the dispersion the best on the VANQUISH but the spin and height seemed a little excessive and I was losing a bit of efficiency vs the HZRDUS at the same club head speeds. So that is when I decided to throw a bit of a wrench in this process and for my last 10 swings, I turned the head down -1* to 9.5 and put it back into the VANQUISH. My hypothesis was that this would bring down the launch, height and spin. I was correct.

4) MCA VANQUISH (set to 9.5* with 6g weight in the head):

image.png.e6c8c275dea3ade5073fb3c1fcda715a.png

846391669_Vanquish-1dispersion.jpg.e06c2302db5f7a38c63e4591bd9262ff.jpg

Ummm.....yeah. That is more like it from a launch conditions standpoint and I would like to note something....I DID NOT THROW OUT ANY SHOTS. THESE ARE ALL 10 SHOTS I HIT WITH THIS COMBO. So that was something. I was loosened up so my swing speed is now approaching what I would not call "normal" but I wasn't losing it crazy left or right (at least not for me). I would say my general dispersion spread is about 50 yds left-right at 260 carry so now at 270 carry 60 yds left-right seems about right. 

So now, the next time I go to the trackman I have to set the head down to 9.5 degrees for all the challengers. I am not a Trackman expert but 161.8 mph ballspeed with 2300 rpm spin rolling out to 299.3 yds is pretty optimal for me. 

• Like 2

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

Got the Vanquish set up and ready to go.  The weather and kids sports schedules are not working in my favor today.  Hoping to get things rolling tomorrow.  Can't wait.   

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

My Review

After receiving the shaft on my doorstep I had to wait a few days for the tip delivery so I was checking the mailbox every day, sometimes twice a day. It took me a while to get the tip installed as I was on vacation and it was killing me not to get this guy out on the course. Finally got it installed and I spent the past few days on the course with my new Vanquish shaft. The looks of this shaft might be my favorite of any I have ever used. The blue combo is killer combined with the MyStealth 2 Plus custom white and black head.  Also the gifts that came in the bag were a welcomed surprise, much appreciated. 

A little bit about me and the driver setup:

I am 52 years old and pretty athletic, I usually walk and play courses hovering around 7,000 yards. My swing speed with the driver usually hovers between 105-108. I am a 3.6 handicap as of writing this article with a pretty balanced game. I live in Colorado so I am chasing distance to keep up with the younger kids in my club. I will say, the lighter weight on the Vanquish really intrigued my about getting more speed (more on that later). I recently changed into a Stealth 2 Plus with a Project X Gen 4 black 6.5 shaft playing at 45.25 which really fits my game well and it weighs in at D4.5. I set the Vanquish 5X up to play at 45.75, figured if I was erratic, I would cut it down. After testing, I was finding the center of the face consistently so the added length is not an issue.

Feel

The new Vanquish  is everything you would expect from a premium Mitsubishi shaft. Feel is always subject to the person making the comments, but this shaft is yet again an instant winner for me in the feel department, especially compared to the Project X.  I can really feel the loading and unloading during the swing.  I was not sure what to think about with a longer and lighter shaft but I was able to find the center of the face pretty consistently so it just felt smooth. Last year I used a Mitsubishi D+ Limited which was amazing. I will say the D+ had a meatier heavier feel at impact which I loved and while this was not the D+ level, it was really nice. 

Performance

This is where the rubber meets the road. I purposely did not read any of the reviews on the shaft as I wanted to see how it performed with no preconceived notions.  regarding the flight, I was able to launch the ball higher than normal for me and it was fun to look to a different window than I usually do and see the ball flying right down the middle. I did use my SC200 to capture the ball and swing speed on the course and what I saw was an additional 3-4 mph of swing speed and almost 10 more mph of ball speed. That was really cool. The down side was that I must of really been spinning the shaft too much as it was always ending up behind the Project X by about 5-7 paces. I know this has to be a swing fault as it does not make sense, I should see some roll out but I was often right next to the pitch mark in the fairway. I will say we have had a ton of rain here in Colorado so that may have impacted things with the roll out. I will have to try it when things dry out a bit more. 

Summary

I really love the feel, ball speed, and the ease to swing this shaft. I never once felt like I had to swing hard to get more speed over others I have played in the past which probably helped with the center of face contact. I also love the additional height I see when I hit this thing, dare I say it has more of a pro flight to it opposed to my normal low launch and roll type of drive. While the shaft will not go in the bag for my tournaments over the coming weekend, I am going to play with the loft and my delivery as I think with a little tinkering, this may be the right combo for me. I will post more as I fiddle with the setup in the coming weeks.  I feel this is going to be a real winner in the long run as it is just so easy to find the center of the face. 

I do want to thank Mitsubishi and GolfWRX for making this happen.  Your teams are the best. 

• Like 2

On 6/12/2023 at 8:32 AM, vandyfan said:

I will start updating my master post but I want to keep these general short notes separate. The VANQUISH for me has an active feel that I really like. What I would say is that is FEELS softer to flex than say my Grafalloy Pro Launch. Not a bad thing and doesn't mean lack of stability but I am playing the VANQUISH in R flex at 48g and my Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue is A flex at 46g and the VANQUISH feels slightly softer. Again, that is not a bad thing for me. Both shafts are the exact same playing length and right now I like the feel of the VANQUISH better but want to put that out there. The VANQUISH is definitely a smoother transition shaft and if you are a handle dragger I would be curious how you would (or wouldn't) get along with this shaft. The 1-2 times I felt myself rip down on the handle (a move I have worked the last 7 months to get rid of) I lose the ball a bit right. So for me, this is perfect because it continues to reinforce the release pattern I have been drilling for a while now. So far...so VERY good. 

REINFORCE is the perfect sediment to describe how I feel I need to swing it. 

I am a handle puller and doing so with the vanquish leads to a big block or saving it by hand flippping for a smother hook or just disaster lol. 

it’s most likely the sheer weight difference as I feel this is probably pound for pound the most stable shaft out there. 

but like you said it’s not a bad thing cause when I put a smoothy swing or a Big Easy Els swing on it the vanquish just flat performs with less effort. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, mizuno player said:

This shaft had my attention from first hearing about it. 

Wanting to see if I can keep dispersion right while gaining some speed and distance. Chicks dog the longball after all!! 

Has anyone that's hit the vanquish also hit the graphite design AD UB? 

I’ve tried DI HD IZ VR but not the UB. Even if I had it would be hard to compare mainly for the sheer weight difference. The lightest tour AD I’ve tried was at least 74g uncut and trying the 4TX at 55g. 

If I can imagine if those profiles came magically at 55g I would say it’s closest to VR as I gamed that one. It has the stiffer handle section with firm mid and tip like the vanquish but take that with a grain of salt. 

• Like 1

Finally got the Vanquish out on the course.

My first impressions were that it definitely felt lighter.  Not in a bad way, just lighter.  

I am currently playing the Mitsubishi Tensei 1k Black, which replaced the Tensei AV RAW white, both 60g TX. 

In the looks department the Vanquish is hard to beat, especially when the sun hits the logo.  This was never a distraction while addressing the ball or swinging, but I did find myself admiring it a few times throughout the round.

It took me a little while to get use to the lighter feel.  After a few range balls I was over that.  The TX 5 does not feel as demanding as the Tensei shafts or the Ventus Black tipped 1” that I will use to compare to the Vanquish.  This shaft made me want to swing smoother.  I could go after it, but never felt the need, nor did it feel soft to flex designation. 

For me the name is spot on.  It Vanquished the entire right side of the course for me.  In my head I can work the ball both ways (sometimes called a 2 way miss).  I could not get this combo (TSr4 Vanquish 5 TX) to go right at all.  Baby draws and a few strait shots all day.  This is not a bad thing, just different.  I did not have my best stuff and did NOT hit any big hooks or lose a ball, playing driver off 13 tees.  My “bad shots” were a few yards into the left rough. 

If the baby draw thing is real, I can easily adjust.  I have already failed at keeping this brief more to come….  So far so good!

van 1.png

van 2.jpg

van 3.jpg

Edited by getair23
  • Like 4

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

On 6/14/2023 at 11:13 PM, mizuno player said:

This shaft had my attention from first hearing about it. 

Wanting to see if I can keep dispersion right while gaining some speed and distance. Chicks dog the longball after all!! 

Has anyone that's hit the vanquish also hit the graphite design AD UB? 

I put the AD UB, and a few other GD shafts through the paces when getting fit for my driver.  The UB and GP were both all over the place for me with lackluster dispersion (huge hooks).  So far the Vanquish has a much tighter down range circle.  It is also much less distracting at address.  

• Like 4

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

2 hours ago, getair23 said:

I put the AD UB, and a few other GD shafts through the paces when getting fit for my driver.  The UB and GP were both all over the place for me with lackluster dispersion (huge hooks).  So far the Vanquish has a much tighter down range circle.  It is also much less distracting at address.  

So far I'm loving the UB. Just thinking if I can keep dispersion while picking up a little speed what could that hurt?!! 

3 minutes ago, mizuno player said:

So far I'm loving the UB. Just thinking if I can keep dispersion while picking up a little speed what could that hurt?!! 

Sounds like a winner to me!  Go for it 

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

16 hours ago, getair23 said:

Finally got the Vanquish out on the course.

My first impressions were that it definitely felt lighter.  Not in a bad way, just lighter.  

I am currently playing the Mitsubishi Tensei 1k Black, which replaced the Tensei AV RAW white, both 60g TX. 

In the looks department the Vanquish is hard to beat, especially when the sun hits the logo.  This was never a distraction while addressing the ball or swinging, but I did find myself admiring it a few times throughout the round.

It took me a little while to get use to the lighter feel.  After a few range balls I was over that.  The TX 5 does not feel as demanding as the Tensei shafts or the Ventus Black tipped 1” that I will use to compare to the Vanquish.  This shaft made me want to swing smoother.  I could go after it, but never felt the need, nor did it feel soft to flex designation. 

For me the name is spot on.  It Vanquished the entire right side of the course for me.  In my head I can work the ball both ways (sometimes called a 2 way miss).  I could not get this combo (TSr4 Vanquish 5 TX) to go right at all.  Baby draws and a few strait shots all day.  This is not a bad thing, just different.  I did not have my best stuff and did NOT hit any big hooks or lose a ball, playing driver off 13 tees.  My “bad shots” were a few yards into the left rough. 

If the baby draw thing is real, I can easily adjust.  I have already failed at keeping this brief more to come….  So far so good!

Did you tip the Vanquish shaft at all? Currently have the 60 TX AV Raw White in my TSR3 tipped half inch but also went down to 44.5” and it is playing too stiff some how. Have the shaft in my 3 wood and I get some whip out of it but not in the driver. Seeing you say this has some more feel than your other shafts has me interested. Was just about to build a Ventus Blue TR 6 Xstiff tipped 1.5” as I had that in my Sim2 this year and really liked the feel but it snapped on me 

I got out again yesterday with the shaft and it is now firmly in the bag. So easy to swing and I am loving the feel. It took a little adjustment to get used to the lighter weight but what I am finding is that my rhythm is much better throughout the bay when I am not trying to kill the driver.  I may end up getting one of these for my fairway wood as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haleone said:

Did you tip the Vanquish shaft at all? Currently have the 60 TX AV Raw White in my TSR3 tipped half inch but also went down to 44.5” and it is playing too stiff some how. Have the shaft in my 3 wood and I get some whip out of it but not in the driver. Seeing you say this has some more feel than your other shafts has me interested. Was just about to build a Ventus Blue TR 6 Xstiff tipped 1.5” as I had that in my Sim2 this year and really liked the feel but it snapped on me 

Per Mitsubishi’s recommendation I did not tip the shaft at all. When I play(ed) the Raw White there was no tipping on that shaft either. 

In my experience there is a nice transition between flexes on Mitsubishi shafts. Im not a 120mph guy and can easily play X. TX just tightens my dispersion up a bit. AV Raw white was good for me in X, but TX won the accuracy battle. 

• Like 2

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

Hey Everybody...

Just wanted to offer some further comments on the MCA Vanquish, as I've had some opportunity to hit it on the range and on the course. 

For a bit of context, I'm 50 and a solid recreational golfer. Nothing exceptional. I can shoot 70's and 80's pretty much anyplace you take me. Solid but unexceptional throughout the bag. Play off the tee has always been a strength - but I've never been the longest player. These days, I average right around 250 with the driver. 

As mentioned in my first post, I installed the adapter on my Vanquish a couple of weeks ago in my kitchen, and then cut it down to 44.75" which matches the length of the shafts that I am testing it against. 

The main shaft I'm using in this comparison is actually a very similar one - in terms of the market segment it is designed for - the Project X Cypher 50 6.0

346347040_VanquishReview12.JPG.ad59d0ba4bb68b08aa038a0c7e7a0602.JPG

The Cypher came stock in the driver that I am using for the test, my Cleveland Launcher XL:

1019795686_VanquishReview7.JPG.8b96656bb099c4936109d2dbd9551d34.JPG

So, I've really enjoyed the Launcher XL/Cypher combo since I started playing it. It has been a great driver and very playable. Good distance, keeps the ball in play. 

But, the shaft has always felt a little "mushy" or "active" to me. The Miyazaki C. Kua 50 S that I had in my previous Cleveland driver - the Launcher HB from 2018 - was much more precise.

When you take this idea of a slightly "mushy" shaft to the course - it always just seemed to miss a hair too much, if you know what I mean. It would hit the ball well, but way too many shots would end up just off the fairway. Too many wouldn't hit the spot on the fairway where I was aiming. It's not like it totally crippled my game or anything, but it was turning potential 77s into 81s far, far too often. 

From the Cypher, I initially bought two budget shafts to mess around with and teach myself how to install adapters. 

The first was way too soft - a Proforce V2 F3 (essentially an R flex). 

That one was like the Cypher on steroids. If I got a 10 yard draw with the Cypher - I got a 40 yard draw the the V2. The ball was literally all over the place. No control. 

From there I went to an Aldila NV 2KXV 65 X - and I have to say, I really enjoyed it. It is probably what I would be playing now, but...

Then the Vanquish 5 X came to me out of the blue. 

20230617_170359.jpg.4c369904f1cae8afd733134242806c63.jpg

20230617_170415.jpg.c5b0cffca498d8f5da224c05086fb91d.jpg

So far, I have to say that the Vanquish is exactly what I have been looking for. It offers a light profile that is really easy to swing, but also X and TX flexes that should make it attractive to a wider variety of accomplished players. 

It is easy to swing. It is noticeably lighter than the Aldila 65X. 

It is stiff - similar to the Aldila in the X profile - but also just a hair less rebar-like. It's action seems very similar to my AD-DI.

On the course and the range, this has turned into very consistent and reliable performance. 

Ball flight is penetrating and tight. My dispersion has been greatly reduced, so far. And I can't say that I've noticed any loss in distance - although it was a bit tough to judge during my round yesterday, as I was playing in rather blustery conditions. 

But, I was middle fairway a lot. There wasn't a single time I missed the fairway and couldn't blame my swing. 

I obviously need to get a bit more play under my belt with the Vanquish, but so far, I am greatly impressed. 

Any of you folks looking for a super high quality shaft in a lighter profile, I would highly recommend it based on my experience so far. 

Edited by jholz
  • Like 2

or
or

19 hours ago, jholz said:

Hey Everybody...

Just wanted to offer some further comments on the MCA Vanquish, as I've had some opportunity to hit it on the range and on the course. 

For a bit of context, I'm 50 and a solid recreational golfer. Nothing exceptional. I can shoot 70's and 80's pretty much anyplace you take me. Solid but unexceptional throughout the bag. Play off the tee has always been a strength - but I've never been the longest player. These days, I average right around 250 with the driver. 

As mentioned in my first post, I installed the adapter on my Vanquish a couple of weeks ago in my kitchen, and then cut it down to 44.75" which matches the length of the shafts that I am testing it against. 

The main shaft I'm using in this comparison is actually a very similar one - in terms of the market segment it is designed for - the Project X Cypher 50 6.0

346347040_VanquishReview12.JPG.ad59d0ba4bb68b08aa038a0c7e7a0602.JPG

The Cypher came stock in the driver that I am using for the test, my Cleveland Launcher XL:

1019795686_VanquishReview7.JPG.8b96656bb099c4936109d2dbd9551d34.JPG

So, I've really enjoyed the Launcher XL/Cypher combo since I started playing it. It has been a great driver and very playable. Good distance, keeps the ball in play. 

But, the shaft has always felt a little "mushy" or "active" to me. The previous Miyazaki C. Kua 50 S that I had in my previous Cleveland driver - the Launcher HB from 2018 - was much more precise.

When you take this idea of a slightly "mushy" shaft to the course - it always just seemed to miss a hair too much, if you know what I mean. It would hit the ball well, but way too many shots would end up just off the fairway. Too many wouldn't hit the spot on the fairway where I was aiming. It's not like it totally crippled my game or anything, but it was turning potential 77s into 81s far, far too often. 

From the Cypher, I initially bought two budget shafts to mess around with and teach myself how to install adapters. 

The first was way too soft - a Proforce V2 F3 (essentially an R flex). 

That one was like the Cypher on steroids. If I got a 10 yard draw with the Cypher - I got a 40 yard draw the the V2. The ball was literally all over the place. No control. 

From there I went to an Aldila NV 2KXV 65 X - and I have to say, I really enjoyed it. It is probably what I would be playing now, but...

Then came the Vanquish 5 X came to me out of the blue. 

20230617_170359.jpg.4c369904f1cae8afd733134242806c63.jpg

20230617_170415.jpg.c5b0cffca498d8f5da224c05086fb91d.jpg

So far, I have to say that the Vanquish is exactly what I have been looking for. It offers a light profile that it really easy to swing, but also X and TX flexes that should make it attractive to a wider variety of accomplished players. 

It is easy to swing. It is noticeably lighter than the Aldila 65. 

It is stiff - similar to the Aldila in the X profile - but also just a hair less rebar-like. 

On the course and the range, this has turned into very consistent and reliable performance. 

Ball flight is penetrating and tight. My dispersion has been greatly reduced, so far. And I can't say that I've noticed any loss in distance - although it was a bit tough to judge during my round yesterday, as I was playing in rather blustery conditions. 

But, I was middle fairway a lot. There wasn't a single time I missed the fairway and couldn't blame my swing. 

I obviously need to get a bit more play under belt with the Vanquish but so far I am greatly impressed. 

Any of you folks looking for a super high quality shaft in a lighter profile, I would highly recommend it based on my experience so far. 

Excellent updates. Where the Vanquish is starting to shine is the dispersion improvement with no distance loss, and possible gains.

I’m still getting over the fact that you do club work in your kitchen. That would not go over well in my house. 😀

• Like 2

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

6 hours ago, getair23 said:

Excellent updates. Where the Vanquish is starting to shine is the dispersion improvement with no distance loss, and possible gains.

I’m still getting over the fact that you do club work in your kitchen. That would not go over well in my house. 😀

Man, if I could afford a garage - I'd be out there...

But, I decided to try to make the world a better place (teacher/nonprofit work) and have been paying the price my entire life.

One day, I hope to see a dentist...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

or
or

1 hour ago, vandyfan said:

So here is the bottom line, this shaft does EXACTLY what I hoped it would do. 

For context:

I like a shaft to launch a little higher but not spin a ton - CHECK (once I turned my driver head down to 9.5*)
I like to turn the ball over a hair, which is getting harder with the newer driver heads - CHECK (this gives me my 5 yd draw 90% of the time and bad swings by don't stray far AT ALL)
I want big boy power - CHECK CHECK CHECK

So yesterday and today I played back to back rounds and hit some of the longest drives of my life. I hit one 338 yds yesterday and I felt like I was barely going at it, 4 yd draw just amazing. Then later I leaned into one and hit it 340 on a line. I haven't hit a driver OB since I put the VANQUISH in play (5 rounds so far) and the only problem I had was I was spinning it too much initially but that was more the driver head which I have since fixed. I am actually trying to find something I DON'T LIKE so I can seem objective in this review. I love the feel, I love the looks the I love the performance. Prior to this, I would have said the shaft was a little too expensive for me to try but now I think I see why. This thing rules. 

vq1.jpg.9f43917e5689ecaeeeb9f23603021372.jpg

vq2.jpg.2bab3fd567c3e238f7013ab5e812fa1c.jpg

I believe I’ve had about 5 rounds in so far as well plus a 9 hole round. Unfortunately i can’t say I haven’t hit one into the junk hah 😆

But that’s all me and this is my first go around with a light weight shaft as you’ve probably had easier time transitioning into the vanquish. 
That doesn’t deter me one bit as the vanquish is firmly in my bag as my gamer. I love the ease of swing needed for the driver and noticeably feel it towards the end of a round when I’m walking a hilly course. 
I also agree with you that this shaft was a bit too pricey to just take a chance on it as I had been watching some demos on eBay for a couple of bills. I really do think you should get fitted for this but we know how that goes. 
Thanks to MCA and golfwrx again for this endeavor as I’ve been enjoying putting this product through its paces. 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 9:45 AM, getair23 said:

Sorry man, I did respond to one part of your post - but obviously not the other... my bad.

But, you are correct. Since lighter shafts have traditionally been marketed to older or less accomplished players, they always tend to be on the softer side and don't seem to incorporate much from the top line shafts - like AD-DI, Ventus, Tensei, etc. They are this weird little animal off to the side. 

But, I'd say the Vanquish is blazing some new territory - it might be "the shaft" for older accomplished players. Easy to swing, but you still get top shelf performance. 

The Vanquish feels and reacts similar to the 7x AD-DI in my 3w. If feels super tight and competent. You know you are swinging a very, very high quality shaft.

It's just slightly easier to swing. Sounds like a great combo to me.

So far, I am completely sold. I've got two range sessions and two rounds under my belt, and I can say that so far, the Vanquish is helping my scores. It helps me keep the ball in the fairway without losing distance. Hit a few absolute bombs with it yesterday. More birdie looks than I've seen in a bit.

This thing works. I really feel fortunate to have it in the bag.

But, we all know how this goes. Might be "honeymoon phase." You can count on me to keep posting for several months, just to make sure! 😋

Edited by jholz
  • Like 3

or
or

57 minutes ago, Glock917 said:

A review of vanquish from cool clubs with Preston from MCA. Now we all can put a face to the name of our packages. 

Thank you for posting this. Very interesting stuff and totally supports my thinking and experience with the Vanquish. Makes so much sense.

And, I did run into those "amorphous wires" when cutting my Vanquish to length. I can vouch for their existence.

Preston does a great job of describing the feel and performance of the shaft. Super solid in the hand and mid-section with a bit of kick at impact.

Always nice to know that my experience lines up with what the designers are intending.

And yeah man, at 50...I hope I'm good enough to use something LPGA pros find attractive.

Those chicks are good.

Edited by jholz
  • Like 1

or
or

On 6/9/2023 at 7:28 PM, yoder9339 said:

IMG_2066.jpeg.054377260f8c3eb766e2113be0a967e2.jpeg

Vanquish shaft ready to go!  I ran out to the range at my club to try it out.  I got a little sidetracked hitting some irons I had recently adjusted the lie angles.  I decided to just compare the BGT Brava and the Vanquish.  I am 55 years old and have a driver speed of around 90 mph (give or take 5 mph).  Good drives are medium to high draws and misses are big pushes and the dreaded snapper.  I have always been a 60ish gram stiff guy in the driver.  This testing opportunity came at a great time as I have decided to go down the rabbit hole of lighter shafts to steal some yardage back. I don't really like the idea of a longer driver as I am inconsistent enough with a 45 inch driver.

Some details:

Head:  Titleist TSR2 -weight 199 grams with 11 gram backweight - 10 degree- I play it at C4 setting

ACCRA shaft - fitted and purchased with driver - TZ5 60 M4 - tipped 1 inch and playing length 45 inches - weight 138 grams with grip and Titleist adaptor - swing weight in driver D2

BGT BRAVA shaft - 50G R - no tipping - playing length 45.25 inches - weight 132 grams with grip and Titleist adaptor - swing weight in driver D2. (gamer currently)

VANQUISH shaft - 4 SR - no tipping - playing length 45 inches - weight 124 grams with grip and Titleist adaptor - swing weight  in driver C9

I would like to thank Mitsubishi Chemical for the opportunity to try this shaft.  Like all of us I have had dozens of MCA shafts (stock and aftermarket) in drivers/fairways/hybrids.

First impression: the paint is fire!  The shaft is glossy black half way and then blends into mat finish.  Looks great with the Titleist head.  It passed the waggle test but felt light.  This was before I weighed it.  The grip also felt a bit small as I believe the butt is 0.590.  Nothing an extra layer of tape won't fix.  

First 3 swings were big hooks.  Then I absolutely mashed a couple that flew 230 (into a right to left headwind) with restricted flight range balls.  The tip on this shaft is a little more active feeling  than the BRAVA.  The VANQUISH also seemed to raise the contact point on the face.  Knuckleballs!

I also hit a few for comparison with the BRAVA - definitely less draw - more pushes.

I have a 15 gram backweight ordered.  I want to see what the Vanquish does with a slightly higher swing weight.

The VANQUISH is definitely making the travel team to The Pete Dye Course at French Lick this weekend.  I have a practice round and a scramble tournament.  Hopefully I can sneak a couple past the young bucks!

Hey man, it's taken way too long for me to get a detailed read - but really appreciate your process and thoughts.

Plus - Accra! Love the only one I've ever had the pleasure to swing (Dymatch 2.0 M5 in a 15* Diablo Edge FW head)

So many great options out there - but the Vanquish is hitting me where I live.

Seems tailor made for folks like us.

• Like 1

or
or