Titleist T350 irons

KRCGolf

I have a TSR3 24 degree hybrid onto way to try with a couple shafts.  IF it doesn't work out ill pick up a t350 4 iron to go with my t150 irons.

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Cleveland CBX4 50, 56, 60 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 Wedges

TaylorMade Spider Tour Z Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

13 hours ago, mtnbiker5 said:

Here’s what happened to my T350 on range yesterday.  Deplorable.   I know there’s been some chatter here on what the back “plate” is that they are now using.   It’s cheap plastic.  I still love the iron but wow.

IMG_4698.jpeg

It's Polymer a mixture of natural and/or synthetic materials whatever all that means is what a Titleist Rep just told me 

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

10 minutes ago, mtnbiker5 said:

It’s a cheap piece of plastic.

I’m just saying what a Titleist rep told me it was as he wouldn’t come right and say it was a cheap piece of plastic, maybe plastic but not a cheap piece of plastic Lol!

• Haha 1

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

21 minutes ago, mtnbiker5 said:

It’s a cheap piece of plastic.

Can you tell how it's attached to the head?  Some sort of adhesive, no doubt, but can you tell what kind?  Epoxy?  RTV?  ??

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

Gorilla glue.  It’s just a flimsy piece of plastic backing they glue on the back of the club.  The thing exploded off the head while I was hitting balls before my round.  Guys were like wtf was that.  I looked at it and was like come on….  The jokes were flying during the round.    It’s being replaced I’m not losing sleep over it but come on Titleist you can do better than this….All the chatter & conversations here about how they improved the backing of the T200 & 350 this go around.   It’s a cheap piece of plastic they re designed and slapped on the back of the club.  Period.   You should hear what the club sounds like without the backing.  Shotgun shell going off.  wtf……

Edited by mtnbiker5
  • Haha 1

Well I would be losing some sleep over but now that you got your point across I would get ahold of Titleist directly and tell us what they say and why and what action are they planning on taking. 

1 hour ago, mtnbiker5 said:

New head arriving soon.  I will say being the irons only a few months old, doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence in the build quality of these.  I mean come on……

Don't swing so hard!

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

Im going to wait to see them 1st before I would ever jump the gun as what more can they do to improve them. It will be more cosmetics than anything as with anything else out there. The T-350 are still one of the very best GI irons out there as Quality Control has a lot to be desired with any OEM out there to include PXG lately. At least I've never heard of the Screws falling out as with the newer builds you or even PXG can't even remove the screws to changed them out. Sometimes waiting a few more weeks in getting your irons built is better than getting them rushed out the door for when it comes to golf equipment nobody likes waiting. SH** happens all the time. 

I said the same about PXG when Gen 5 launched.  Everyone said they can’t make Gen 5 better and whammo Gen 6 which is back in my bag now. 

Ok but you know how good the T-350’s are or you wouldn’t have bought them. Sure it was a misfortune that you had a defect in one of your irons. Everyone likes newer so go with the Gen 6 over 5 as it sounds like you have several sets of irons. So do you plan on keeping them as a back up set. I know I have been wondering about a back up set as it's hard to test the Axioms shafts out with other OEM's. Maybe T-150's, Miura 302's or new Mizuno Pro 245's or PING i530's when they come out, just not sure yet. Anyhow this thread isn’t about other brands or PXG vs Titleist as I’m glad Titleist is taking care of you and pleased with mine as they are one of best GI irons you can buy as Titleist knock it out of the park with the new T-series line up

Edited by Tiptx1122

So i learned today that the issue with the backplate popping off is actually becoming a bigger issue than expected.   My fitter informed me that Nationwide the there has been issues.  I wont say who/where my fitter is from but it’s a National company.  Here we go….

Edited by mtnbiker5

So if it’s Nation wide so far you are the 1st to mention it. Let’s hear from others out there as this is all new news to anyone else who owns the T-350’s. Yeah here we go as I can see where this is headed……NEXT

Edited by Tiptx1122

It’s coming

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3

On 12/12/2023 at 9:54 AM, mtnbiker5 said:

PXG Gen 7’s 2024.  They will be replacing these not soon enough 

So you now play combo set now of 5-7 T and 8-PW CB.  Couldn’t be happier.  You say they are Amazing.  The Gen 7's are next to be replacing your 0317 combo set.  You say you have a fitter as this year earlier you bought the T-150's and got rid of them in a weeks time, how often do you switch irons out. I don't see how you're able to even get them dialed in. Then you have the T-350's, completely different from a players irons. Why did you go with a GI iron after you already said how amazing your combo set was? Something just isn't adding up right as I think I see where this is now heading. I know I sometimes think I need another set as I just left the Players distance irons for GI irons as I do miss the look of a players iron more but I will say the T-350's really don't look as chunky as many other GI irons out there do. Even if I wind up not ever getting into PXG clubs again, I really enjoy what they're doing. Titleist, PING, Callaway, Mizuno etc, etc are just golf clubs there is nothing magical about them. You are the one who has to swing them they don't swing themselves. 

Edited by Tiptx1122

I just saw this.  I will confirm, member above is 110% accurate on the T350 backplate.  Mine did same thing 2 days ago.   I live outside Raleigh and got my set at Club Champion.  My fitter at CC said right now there is actually a laundry list of customers nationwide who recently bought T200/350 where the back “plate” has come off and are waiting for Titleist to ship new heads to the stores.   He said the “list” is growing daily, he can see it on their National screen/database they use in stores.   It’s the glue/epoxy they use to stick the plastic backing onto the club that is breaking lose.  It sucks and yeah, when mine broke loose I thought a gun went off.   Not pretty.  Post above is accurate.  The back is a slim piece of plastic.   As for the PXG comment, I can’t say I’ve seen PXG screws come loose and I also have a set of Gen 5 I’m now using until I get my head back.  I only have a 6 iron that needs to be replaced now.  Not good.  Mountainbiker your post is accurate 

Edited by Kyle4Par
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kyle4Par said:

I just saw this.  I will confirm, member above is 110% accurate on the T350 backplate.  Mine did same thing 2 days ago.   I live outside Raleigh and got my set at Club Champion.  My fitter at CC said right now there is actually a laundry list of customers nationwide who recently bought T200/350 where the back “plate” has come off and are waiting for Titleist to ship new heads to the stores.   He said the “list” is growing daily, he can see it on their National screen/database they use in stores.   It’s the glue/epoxy they use to stick the plastic backing onto the club that is breaking lose.  It sucks and yeah, when mine broke loose I thought a gun went off.   Not pretty.  Post above is accurate.  The back is a slim piece of plastic.   As for the PXG comment, I can’t say I’ve seen PXG screws come loose and I also have a set of Gen 5 I’m now using until I get my head back.  I only have a 6 iron that needs to be replaced now.  Not good.  Mountainbiker your post is accurate 

If you and mtbbiker5 are hitting the ball so hard that the back of your irons is coming off, maybe you should be playing T100 or T150.

Or maybe you are a TaylorMade bot.  I've been hitting my T200 7-iron for a month now - no problems.  And it feels great and very solid.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

I only play a 6 iron in T350.  T150 throughout rest of bag.  Cant speak for other members here.  Just posting facts here when I was browsing.  Sorry. Not sorry.  Being that CC is a National fitter and confirmed the issue I’m sure as well this problem will come forward more as I’m sure Titleist will rectify the issue.  I too am not concerned but it IS an obvious issue now.  Poor construction/manufacturing for sure.  Relax guys, it’s golf clubs.  

Edited by Kyle4Par
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Anybody playing the 4 or 5 iron as a quasi driving iron/long iron replacement?  Despite the manufacturing concerns enumerated in the thread, I've always liked the shape of Titleist irons, and the T-350 might be the best looking SGI iron to potentially put in play to bridge a gap I've got from 6 iron to 7 wood.  I'd likely bend the club a degree or two weak to take out some offset. Was just curious whether any others had gone down this route.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Jokendal said:

So what are your handicaps if you are playing T350 irons? Do you not find them top line thick?  I’m playing Cleveland UHX irons and wondering if T350 would be better?  I play between 85-92. I wonder if the T200 would be a better step up instead of the 350s?  
thx for the input. 

I was a six at one point and now, at 70, I'm a 13.  I played AP1's from 2010 until last year when I changed to T300 (it took a few 7-irons to find the right shaft - I buy 7-irons).  This winter I am also trying a T200 7-iron with the same shaft in the T300's (Nippon 950 GH NEO R).  My initial reactions are that the T200 feels solid, just a bit more so than the T300, although when I hit the T300 out of the center of the face it makes a nice muted sound.  The T300 goes higher and farther.  I might end up playing a T300 7-iron and T200 8 and 9-iron, T150 or T100 PW.

I am also playing TSR1 6 hybrid and 7-hybrid.  A heavier Atmos Tour Spec 70 Red shaft.  I like heavier because I hit it straighter.

I guess you are going to have to figure it our for yourself, outside, over time.

On 9/5/2023 at 2:00 PM, Phebus said:

I recently purchased a set of T350’s after gaming a set of 2021 T300’s for the last year or so and absolutely love them. I can’t make a direct comparison though, as my T300’s were bought off the shelf, where my T350’s were custom after a Titleist fitting. The 350’s do feel and look much better though,  and I’ve gained about a club length through the set while hitting the ball higher with a much improved descent angle. 
For me it was worth upgrading, as if I’d have changed shafts and regripped the cost wouldn’t have made sense opposed to selling the 300’s and purchasing the 350’s set up as I needed.  

What is your handicap? Thx

12 hours ago, Phebus said:

A low of 7 but currently playing to a 12. Age and  injury catching up to me. Moved up to the whites, but length is my main issue. 

Ok thank you!  I’m fairly new to the game- 2 years golfing May to October. 
My handicap is waaay up there!  I shoot anywhere by 85 to 92 or so.  I’m wondering if the T350 will be ok for me?

Ive been reading quite a bit about the T irons.  You have a pretty low HC so did you try the T200 or T 150 and if so what made you go to the T350?  I know you had previously used the T300 irons.  Thanks for your input! 😊