Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond MAX?

TmagBryce

50 minutes ago, blown93302 said:

told me the same when i went in the other day to grab a heavenwood.  i said ok - i'll just do it myself at home straight from callaway and the sales guy ripped up the trade in papers as i was walking past him to leave.... really crap attitude about it he had

That’s crazy. I walked in yesterday and they just pulled it up on their custom order site and ordered it custom for me.. I guess I’ll just hope that it actually went through.. maybe I should call GG to make sure..

4 minutes ago, mke1991 said:

That’s crazy. I walked in yesterday and they just pulled it up on their custom order site and ordered it custom for me.. I guess I’ll just hope that it actually went through.. maybe I should call GG to make sure..

I’m going to go try my DSG. I don’t think they even looked in there special order system 

Just now, Pens #1 fan said:

I’m going to go try my DSG. I don’t think they even looked in there special order system 

Yeah the guy I asked didnt even know about it but when he looked it up, he was able to do it.  Just saw I have this message now too so seems it did go through. Good luck!

IMG_1290.jpeg

Mine shipped!

Ordered 3 hours after the email on Sunday. Custom order with a KBS TD 60 shaft and grey cap callaway golf pride grip.

Funny enough my ai smoke 16.5 3 wood hasn’t shipped yet but the TD Max did first.

• Like 4

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

I preordered the first day.  Granted, custom shaft and grip.  It had been saying back ordered, but now saying being processed with no est. dates.  So hopefully it ships soon.  

Driver: Paradym AI Smoke 💎💎💎 Max, 9 deg; HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black

Fairway Wood: Taylormade M6 15 degree

Titleist u510 2 iron

Srixon ZX5 4-PW; ACCRA iSteel 115

Wedges Vokey SM9 58/54/48

Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 2 

Received my 9* head today on a Tensei Blue 55R. Took it straight to the course. I think I’m going to like it. Definitely more forgiving all over the face compared to my Paradym TD. It doesn’t feel as solid to me but I like where the ball was ending up. 

Does anyone know if “standard” length on these is shorter than the rest of the AI Smoke line? Mine was ordered standard and it’s 1/2” shorter than my old driver. 

12 minutes ago, me05501 said:

Received my 9* head today on a Tensei Blue 55R. Took it straight to the course. I think I’m going to like it. Definitely more forgiving all over the face compared to my Paradym TD. It doesn’t feel as solid to me but I like where the ball was ending up. 

Does anyone know if “standard” length on these is shorter than the rest of the AI Smoke line? Mine was ordered standard and it’s 1/2” shorter than my old driver. 

Standard length is 45.75 which is same as all others, on the website.

• Like 1

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

Posted (edited)

Did anyone else order from Golf Galaxy? Have you seen any movement in your order? I ordered a completely stock club(just need the head), but it’s said “preparing to ship” since the 28th when I placed the order. 

UPDATE

I “chatted” with them and they indicate the pre orders(standard configs) will ship AFTER Golf Galaxy/DSG receives their stock. Not direct ship from Callaway. So it seems the pre-order will deliver long after direct ordered from Callaway, and possibly after you can just walk into a store and buy one(if there are any).

Edited by JTK37
Clarify update

IG: instagram.com/launchedgolf                                      

Ai Smoke Triple Diamond 9* Tour AD VF6X (Triple Diamond Max incoming)

BRNR Mini Copper 13.5* HXRDUS RDX Blue 60 6.5X (random shaft I had laying around and it has been perfect)                
'24 UW 19* MMT  80X
P-UDI  22* MMT 105X

'24 Apex Pro 5-AW Axiom 125X

SM9 54/10M
SM9 60M

Lots of putters

On deck: Paradym Super Hybrid 21*, TSR3 24* hybrid, Apex CB 4-11, Apex MB 8-10,  Apex UT 23*  

30 minutes ago, JTK37 said:

Did anyone else order from Golf Galaxy? Have you seen any movement in your order? I ordered a completely stock club(just need the head), but it’s said “preparing to ship” since the 28th when I placed the order. 

UPDATE

I “chatted” with them and they indicate the pre orders(standard configs) will ship AFTER Golf Galaxy/DSG receives their stock. Not direct ship from Callaway. So it seems the pre-order will deliver long after direct ordered from Callaway, and possibly after you can just walk into a store and buy one(if there are any).

I was told that at GG they don’t know if they are getting more than a handful 

I ordered from the 10.5 from fairway golf and they told me they expect to ship by end of next week. I ordered the triple diamond t 3 wood and triple diamond 5 wood at the same time. 

BB Alpha AD-DI 6S
X2 Hot 3 Deep AD-DI 6S
BB 18* Motore Speeder VC7.3 Tour S
Apex 4-PW XP95 Stiff
Odyssey ProType #2
Mack Daddy II 52* S; 58* C
WITB Link

Callaway CS told me 6/12 ship date was in their system. This was on Wednesday. My order showed backordered but had the 6/5-6/10 target ship date. Mine was custom shaft. 

its being delivered today. 

AI Smoke TD Max 9* w/ AD VF 7x

AI Smoke TD 3W w/ Ventus Black 8x

Apex UW 19 w/ Denali Blue 80tx

G425 4H w/ Ventus Blue 9x

i530 5-U w/ AWT 2.0 S
CBX4 52/58

Phantom 11 LD

12 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Mine shipped!

Ordered 3 hours after the email on Sunday. Custom order with a KBS TD 60 shaft and grey cap callaway golf pride grip.

Funny enough my ai smoke 16.5 3 wood hasn’t shipped yet but the TD Max did first.

I got shipping notification on mine too, also got a delivery notice that it will be here today.  Callaway must do something special shipping wise for pre orders, like upgrade to overnight.  Shipping from Mexico, label created yesterday and delivered to VT today!?  This is the second time I’ve done a pre order with Callaway and both times they delivered on the day they product became available.  

7 hours ago, mke1991 said:

Did you get the email saying Callaway received your order or did it give you an estimated ship date?

I ordered at 7:55am EST on the 28th. All I have from GG is the order confirmation email. In talking to them they indicated since it was a stock build it’ll come from their stock and not from Callaway

IG: instagram.com/launchedgolf                                      

Ai Smoke Triple Diamond 9* Tour AD VF6X (Triple Diamond Max incoming)

BRNR Mini Copper 13.5* HXRDUS RDX Blue 60 6.5X (random shaft I had laying around and it has been perfect)                
'24 UW 19* MMT  80X
P-UDI  22* MMT 105X

'24 Apex Pro 5-AW Axiom 125X

SM9 54/10M
SM9 60M

Lots of putters

On deck: Paradym Super Hybrid 21*, TSR3 24* hybrid, Apex CB 4-11, Apex MB 8-10,  Apex UT 23*  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bigjim1022 said:

I got shipping notification on mine too, also got a delivery notice that it will be here today.  Callaway must do something special shipping wise for pre orders, like upgrade to overnight.  Shipping from Mexico, label created yesterday and delivered to VT today!?  This is the second time I’ve done a pre order with Callaway and both times they delivered on the day they product became available.  

Spoke too soon, should have known better.  UPS now says a weather situation has delayed delivery 🙃

Edited by Bigjim1022

I'm pretty impressed with the Cally service. Ordered a custom build on the 3rd and it is out for delivery today! (I did next day air shipping)

Ai Smoke TD Max 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus TR Black 7

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

1 minute ago, PT1911 said:

I'm pretty impressed with the Cally service. Ordered a custom build on the 3rd and it is out for delivery today! (I did next day air shipping)

Little piece of advice. If it's a custom ordered through Callaway, you don't have to pay for overnight. Those are built in Mexico and have always been delivered overnight once it's built. I ordered custom on the 3rd and mine is out for delivery as well, but used the standard shipping. I'm in SC, nowhere near Mexico lol

AI Smoke TD Max 9* w/ AD VF 7x

AI Smoke TD 3W w/ Ventus Black 8x

Apex UW 19 w/ Denali Blue 80tx

G425 4H w/ Ventus Blue 9x

i530 5-U w/ AWT 2.0 S
CBX4 52/58

Phantom 11 LD

11 hours ago, me05501 said:

This is what I'm more interested in. Hoping more reviews come in. My local Moon Golf texted me yesterday and told me to come by as they have one held for me. Didn't even tell them I wanted one but just asked about them. They know me too well. I'm hitting my altered Max very well but I have to be very diligent with it as it can launch high if not teed low and spin up on me. I do like the forgiveness aspect and don't want to give too much of that up. 

55 minutes ago, KingKong said:

Little piece of advice. If it's a custom ordered through Callaway, you don't have to pay for overnight. Those are built in Mexico and have always been delivered overnight once it's built. I ordered custom on the 3rd and mine is out for delivery as well, but used the standard shipping. I'm in SC, nowhere near Mexico lol

True, but I wasn't sure where it was going to be built. I have custom ordered before, and it was not overnight delivery and took like 5 days to get here. It was only $23 and when I initially ordered it said 2-3 weeks, and I wanted it like yesterday! 🤣

Ai Smoke TD Max 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus TR Black 7

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

My local GG and DSG only have them available in stiff. Whelp

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with KBS TD Cat 4 44.5" 

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Snell Prime 4.0

9 minutes ago, CasualLie said:

So if I have this right...I go to PGA SS or GG today, trade in my AI Smoke Max Driver, get $300 credit 2X, total $600, and I walk out with a new TD Max and only pay sales tax???

That trade in value is only through CallawayGolf.com.  PGA SS is giving $243 x 2 so $486 and GG is pretty much the same at $244 (not sure if they're running the same bonus but I assume they are.).  One bonus about doing the trade in at PGA is they only charge you the tax on the difference.  So it'd end up costing you about $114 plus tax.  

• Like 1