Macade and Primo Golf

These 2 brands have really caught my eye. Different brand that’s not Nike, Adidas, Greyson or PM etc. Anyone have experience with these brands with the polos and shorts/ Pants? Do they fit true to size? I do like that they have the belts that match the color of the pants/ shorts. Haven’t found a lot of reviews on them. I’ve wanted Greyson but having a hard time pulling the trigger on the price tags,  curious if these are somewhat comparable material wise with Greyson. Thanks 

Edited by edryer3

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]

I wear Primo shorts exclusively on the course now. Best shorts I've had, fit true to size in my experience. Haven't had any of thier other stuff yet, but think I'll make another order soon.

• Thanks 1

TM Qi10 (9*) | Kai’li White 60 X

TM M6 3w (15*) | HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.0

TM Stealth2+ 5w (18*) | HZRDUS Yellow 83 6.5

PXG Gen4 0311 X (20*) | HZRDUS Black 105 6.5 

PXG Gen4 0311 T (4) | DG X100

TM P730 (5-9) | DG X100 

TM MG3 (46.09, 54.13, 60.TW) | DG S300 

TM Spider X Chalk

Ball: Taylormade TP5x 

Macade: Never tried Macade but their stuff looks really nice.
Primo: Have a few pairs of the primo joggers, they're decent but nothing special. Leaves a lot to be desired. Their sizing is very inconsistent (and they just got rid of free shipping and free returns which is now a deal breaker for me)
Greyson: Have a Q-zip and joggers. Price is silly. Overpriced for sure (quality is not what i was expecting for paying that much) 
I found another brand called that you might want to check out:
Avalon Golf: Joggers, shorts and tops. They are by far the most reasonable as far as pricing and quality (material too) products are very good. The fit is also very good (if looking for a more modern type fit). https://www.avalongolf.co/

avalon-golf.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2024 at 10:21 AM, PuredIt123 said:

Avalon Golf: Joggers, shorts and tops. They are by far the most reasonable as far as pricing and quality (material too) products are very good. The fit is also very good (if looking for a more modern type fit). https://www.avalongolf.co/

Hows the jogger fit vs primo? Did not care for primo, also thought the material was a bit too thin. Is the waist size comparable? Thanks.

Taylormade Qi10 LS 9°(10°) - GD Tour AD UB 5

Taylormade BRNR 11.5°(13°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Mizuno T22 50° S Grind

Vokey SM8 56° D Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red

I have 2 pairs of the primo joggers.  They are pretty nice I guess but haven't really put them in to play much.  They are really thin and not really enough for colder weather golf and there just isn't all that many days wear I need a thin pant.  Usually it's thicker pants or shorts for me so the primo joggers have a tough time finding a place to fit in.  However they are functional off the course so I guess that's a plus for some.  I like that there is a zipper at the ankles so that they don't ride up too high.

49 minutes ago, FormerBigDaddy said:

I have 2 pairs of the primo joggers.  They are pretty nice I guess but haven't really put them in to play much.  They are really thin and not really enough for colder weather golf and there just isn't all that many days wear I need a thin pant.  Usually it's thicker pants or shorts for me so the primo joggers have a tough time finding a place to fit in.  However they are functional off the course so I guess that's a plus for some.  I like that there is a zipper at the ankles so that they don't ride up too high.

I have the same problem with primo. Too thin for pants weather. When it's warmer, I'm wearing shorts. They are very comfortable, but I prefer a bit more material with the same fit.

Edited by lefty1978

Mizuno T22 50° S Grind

Vokey SM8 56° D Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

1 hour ago, lefty1978 said:

I have the same problem with primo. Too thin for pants weather. When it's warmer, I'm wearing shorts. They are very comfortable, but I prefer a bit more material with the same fit.

The primo are fantastic Florida winter pants when it's like 55-65 out.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

3 hours ago, lefty1978 said:

Hows the jogger fit vs primo? Did not care for primo, also thought the material was a bit too thin. Is the waist size comparable? Thanks.

Fit for me was much better (i prefer a more tailored golf pant and avalon joggers fit the bill). The primo fit was pretty weird in the hips and thighs IMO. As far as waist size, i had a hard time with this with primo joggers - one pair waist was too tight so had to exchange for larger size. THen on my next purchase from primo, the waist size was too large, and had to exchange for a smaller size. So now i have a size 32 and size 34 primo pant - that are almost the same waist size.

Id say the Avalon waist is true to size - aligns with my jeans waist sizes. i own 5 pairs of their joggers now - 3 pairs of the players joggers and 2 of the tour joggers. Slight differences in the two - main one being the material, if looking for a stretchy(er) and thicker material the Tour Joggers will be best. Their Players joggers are thinner (although they dont seem as thin as the primo jogger). The Players are also sized a bit different than the Tour Joggers with the Tour Joggers being a bit tighter overall (more slim fitting).

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I just ordered the Avalon joggers. $70, not bad. I'll compare to Primo when I get them.

• Like 1

Mizuno T22 50° S Grind

Vokey SM8 56° D Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

On 2/18/2024 at 10:21 AM, PuredIt123 said:

Macade: Never tried Macade but their stuff looks really nice.
Primo: Have a few pairs of the primo joggers, they're decent but nothing special. Leaves a lot to be desired. Their sizing is very inconsistent (and they just got rid of free shipping and free returns which is now a deal breaker for me)
Greyson: Have a Q-zip and joggers. Price is silly. Overpriced for sure (quality is not what i was expecting for paying that much) 
I found another brand called that you might want to check out:

Just ordered the Avalon shorts in navy and grey.  Price was right and I've got short legs so 7" inseam is perfect for me.  Looking forward to trying them out. 

Edited by 3mulligans

13 hours ago, Phebus said:

I love my Primo joggers and was getting ready to order a couple more pair, but have decided to try the Avalon's. What model of their joggers compare to the Primo's?

in my opinion their players joggers are most similar to primo in terms of material/sizing. although i personally like the material on the Tour Jogger the most, and i prefer the fit (bit more slim) on the tour ones too

Have a pair of Macade joggers and love them - good fit and incredibly comfortable. 

https://eu.macadegolf.com/products/dark-grey-four-way-stretch-jogger-1

Have these in Olive and wear them all the time. Might sound weird, but one of the best things about them is they don't immediately look like joggers. 

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85x, B2 Setting

The Interloper - TaylorMade P770 3 iron, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5inch +1 deg loft

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - AW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Sand Iron - TaylorMade MG2 TW-12 Grind, 56 degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Flopper - TaylorMade MG2 TW-11 Grind, 60 Degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Putter - Nike Method 003 from The Oven

"Golf is only called golf as all the other four letter words have been taken"     - Leslie Nielsen

I bought some UNRL hoodies and Primo hoodies last week. The Primo one is nice and fits well but it's a thin material. Since it fits pretty well you can't really later underneath, at least not a long sleeve. The hoodie laces also could get in the way while swinging if you don't tuck in. Ialso got primo joggers and they fit well and comfy. Ordered a little taller size and it worked out. I would not wear either of these on the course if it's less than 50 deg though. 

The UNRL hoodies on the other hand are super warm. And they don't have hood strings that get in the way, at least not in the crossover style I got. Would definitely get more of these. 

I will have to try the other brands listed here. 

I got the avalon players joggers in today. I like the material, but the fit is too big. Going to exchange for the Tour in the 32. I had ordered the Players in 34, but I'm swimming in the waist. Length was good.

**UPDATE 3/8**

I reached out to Avalon, they sent me the size 32 in both the Tour and Players to try. Both fit great, the tour is the winner, although I'm keeping both. The tour if more fitted and more stretchy, while the Players is stil fitted, but a tad looser and the material is thicker. I'm actually buying 2 more pair. For the price, Avalon is hard to beat. They are miles better than primo.

Edited by lefty1978
Update
  • Like 1

Mizuno T22 50° S Grind

Vokey SM8 56° D Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

On 3/4/2024 at 7:07 PM, lefty1978 said:

I got the avalon players joggers in today. I like the material, but the fit is too big. Going to exchange for the Tour in the 32. I had ordered the Players in 34, but I'm swimming in the waist. Length was good.

interesting! IMO I would say the sizing is on par with most pants/brands (although looking at your first question, its hard to compare 1 to 1 with primo as i had consistency issues with their sizing). did you try a different size or just return them?

44 minutes ago, LakerHawk1993 said:

Tried the new-ish Primo Traditional style pants recently. Honest opinion would be that they are weirdest fitting pants that I have ever worn. Incredibly slim leg opening, almost felt like a jogger. Material felt average at best, and as others have mentioned the shipping and return process is miserable. 

saw they dropped those last week and they caught my eye - thats good feedback. thank you!

5 hours ago, PuredIt123 said:

interesting! IMO I would say the sizing is on par with most pants/brands (although looking at your first question, its hard to compare 1 to 1 with primo as i had consistency issues with their sizing). did you try a different size or just return them?

They definitely fit looser than primo in the waste. But to update everyone...

I reached out to Avalon, they sent me the size 32 in both the Tour and Players to try. Both fit great, the tour is the winner, although I'm keeping both. The tour if more fitted and more stretchy, while the Players is stil fitted, but a tad looser and the material is thicker. I'm actually buying 2 more pair. For the price, Avalon is hard to beat. They are miles better than primo.

• Like 1

Mizuno T22 50° S Grind

Vokey SM8 56° D Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

On 3/8/2024 at 5:38 PM, lefty1978 said:

They definitely fit looser than primo in the waste. But to update everyone...

I reached out to Avalon, they sent me the size 32 in both the Tour and Players to try. Both fit great, the tour is the winner, although I'm keeping both. The tour if more fitted and more stretchy, while the Players is stil fitted, but a tad looser and the material is thicker. I'm actually buying 2 more pair. For the price, Avalon is hard to beat. They are miles better than primo.

Awesome! Glad to hear you like them as much as i do!! 

• Like 1

I got the Avalon 7” Shorts in Navy and Grey. And they are very nice shorts at fit well. Says slim fit but they definitely are not. I would say a good athletic fit and not baggy at all. Got the braided belts to match in a size 34 and it’s a perfect fit. Overall happy with these. Good find and the price is hard to beat! 

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]

I've only bought the Macade sweaters thus far, and they're awesome.  Fit?  I will say I 'guessed' right with their line.  I'm a pretty average 6'0, 190 lb guy (40 yrs old) and the L in the sweaters were perfect.  Depending on brand, I'm always between a M and L in the longer sleeve/sweater/q zip stuff (I'm always a M in every line's polo). 

Ping G430Max 10k - Ping G425Max 14* - Ping G430 19* - Ping G710 (4,5) - Ping i210 (6-U) - Ping S159 56* - Odyssey 7s - Chrome Tour