GolfWRX Members Special Opportunity ***Ends 5pm EST Tomorrow*** to try New Footjoy SYNR-G Shoes!!!!

When I first started playing the game a few years ago, Footjoy e-Comforts were my shoe of choice. Golf and walking came hand in hand and my FJ's made the experience enjoyable. Since then, I've switched brands and started riding almost exclusively and realized I wasn't enjoying the experience quite as much. Last time out, I decided to walk and had to stop after 16 holes because I had blisters on both feet. I sure could have used my FJ's that day. I'd love to give these new FJ's a try since I've made a committment to start walking again and I need a great pair of shoes that will take me back to the days when I first started playing the game.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Footjoy & GolfWRX! I would love to test out the new footjoy offerings since my only pair of golf shoes are some footjoys and beginning to get a little worn. With the Holiday season I won't have any money left to purchase these beauties for myself so hopefully I win the contest and get a chance to own them for free.

I got bit by the golf bug about 4 years ago and as a newbie back then I went with what golf buddies recommended; one of them was that Footjoy is the best when it comes to footwear until I discovered Nikes about 2 years ago. The Nikes just feels more stable for me BUT WHO KNOWS...the SYNR-G shoes may be the key for me to come back to FOOTJOY. Please pick me! :clapping: Thank you.

Would love to try it and here's my rationale.

I suffer from the the Greg Norman sliding back foot. When I gear it up to 85+% swing speed, it is not uncommon for my back foot to slide as I rip through the ball. I have been through the mill on shoes (still longing for the days when I could wear steel spikes in my Footjoy Classics with the Croc saddle). The SYNR-Gs are at the top of the list for contenders and I think that they would really help..

I've been an avid fan of Footjoy golf shoes for the past several seasons. I honestly believe that a start to a good round is to have a firm foundation, and that starts with your feet and the gear on them. Every pair that I have owned there was never a break-in period like most of the other brands out there (i.e. no blisters!!!) Looking forward to an opportunity to give them a try. Thank you Footjoy and Golfwrx for the chance to try.

I can think of no better testing ground for these new Footjoys than the walking only Bandon Dunes trio of courses. It just so happens that I will be playing there in mid to late January and would love to take a pair along for the ride. I can see it now; a cold and blustery day with intermittant rain, but my feet are warm, dry and comfortable. Perhaps that's what the SYNR-G could provide for me. There's only one way to find out. Hopefully you see fit that I could be lucky enough to try them out and provide you with a detailed review upon my return.

Thank you.

I've seen these shoes and have long been a fan of footjoy shoes, but have most recently went with nike. I would love to try a new footjoy and switch back to them. I love their products as a whole and shoes put them there. I have recently lost my job and am in need of some new shoes.

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter:
Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver:
Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid:
Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid:
Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW:
Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW:
Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW:
Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips: 
Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

I'm 36 years old, and have been playing golf my entire life. I've never owned anything BUT footjoys, everything from the green joys up to the classics series, and they are far and away the best shoes made. I recently went back to school full time to finish my degree while working nights, and found out that I had eligibility left to play golf! I played this last semester, and will play another 2 semesters before it runs out. I tell ya, keeping up walking with the college kids for a short fat guy is tough! Anyway, I'm currently rotating 4 pairs of FJ's - Classics, 2 dryjoys, and a pair of e comforts. I've been tempted to try the Nike or Adidas since I'm walking so much now, and that's what I see all these kids wearing, but I'd love to try this shoe first. FJ is all I've ever worn, and all I ever want to wear!! Thanks for this opportunity!!

I think everyone knows that we junior golfers play a lot. Therefore, I will try not to state the obvious

Currently I train on the course five days a week rain or shine from 8:30 to 3:00. Usually in this time, I will hit a few hundred balls on the range and walk a round along with a quick jog around the grounds, all with my FootJoy Dry joys on. After that, I volunteer at a program similar to the first tee and teach 8-10 year olds the ins and outs of the game. Usually I will work with the kids until five then I head off to the community college to continue my education (senior in high school). After all of this is done I will go to sleep, wake up, and do it all again. I have, and always will enjoy my time in my FootJoys and I hope I can continue this hectic schedule with a new pair on my feet.

I am relatively new to golf (a couple years into it) and my wife and kids just got hooked. My first pair, which I still have are FJ. I sought out the brand because it is #1. But have to say I don't think the current pair, an ecomfort, are not working well for me. They are comfortable but don't provide any stabilzation in the swing. Once the leather stretched and they were broken they are really not what I need for lateral support and I feel as though my left ankle is about to roll over on my driver swings. This new model looks like a vast improvement. A new pair for me isn't in the card for nest season with other expenses being more urgent. I would be so grateful to have a chance to try these. Thanks

I've never owned a pair of Foot-Joys. However, I do own a pair of Nike TW's that I've had for years. I bought them for almost $300 in 2003. At the time, they were the top golf shoe Nike had; the highest high end TW model. "The very same shoe that Tiger wears." Well, the first time I wore them, and continuing to this very day, those shoes destroy my feet and hurt a pain worse than death. Just an awful, awful shoe. But, it was a monumental purchase for me; a grand investment. I don't have a lot of money but I paid a ton for them. So, I keep wearing them.

Mr. Foot Joy, I sure would like to get a new golf shoe that doesn't hate me. My standards are low, I'm sure I will rave about them to all my friends. Heck, as long as they don't fall off in my backswing, I'm sure I'll love 'em.

Hook a poor boy up.

Well, I have been a longtime foot joy user for many years. I have the opportunity to test these shoes in the roughest of conditions, at a small Patrol Base in Iraq. grass is scarce and our driving range/ one hole is mostly dirt and rock, a perfect opportunity to test the durability of the shoes. Our grounds are uneven, testing the traction of shoes when you hit your ball in a rough position. If I hit it OB, I need to put on full body armor to get my ball back, a perfect opportunity to really test how they hold up under extreme weight. Lastly, and most importantly, I forget to pack shoes to bring out here, so I really need a pair!

First, let me just say thank you for an great opportunity. Given FootJoy's reputation, this is not something they really need to do, so that makes it that much nicer.

When I read the intial post/offer the first time, I started to mentally craft my response. Like most of the other posters, I had my story all laid out about how as a diabetic it is better for me to walk. How my current shoes are so poor and hurt my feet so bad I can barely walk 9 let alone 18.

Then I read armygolfer's post, and none of that seemed to matter in the least. I will survive with the shoes I have. But please...please...send him some shoes. He is far more worthy and in need of them than I hope to ever be.

On a personal note, armygolfer, a special thanks to you and everyone in the armed services, especially during this holiday season. Come back safe so you can tee it up once again.

Thanks

B

I think I'm a candidate because I've had Footjoys almost all my golf life and not matter what brand I try, always return to FJ. From my first pair I had in junior golf (worn until I could feel the nails in the leather soles) to my current favorite pair (Dry Joy Gels) I rock today. Plus I'd love an opportunity to write a review about something that hasn't been covered here on wrx, yet.

Footjoy is the leader in golf footwear and they claim their new SYNR-G shoe provides maximum stability for those of us who need to stay grounded.

My golf swing is a cross between a car crash and a wet dog shaking and if it needed anything…its stability. I am a young stupid golfer that finds laying up to be blasphemy and out driving your playing partners half the game.

Watching me drive a golf balls looks a lot like watching a wild cat with a stick taped to his chest during a firework show. My swing uses every fast twitch muscle in my body in a seizure like manor to jack the ball 300+ yards in the exact direction god chooses to be the funniest that day. If my swing had a label on it, it would smell of gunpowder and read, "Light Fuse and Run Away!"

The only consistent pattern in my drives is that I am going to hit it harder than you and nearly come out of my shoes trying.

I tear shoes apart and it's not because I walk every round in nasty weather (and I do), it's because I go hard on every tee box like I am beating zombies off my girlfriend with a rusty shovel. These shoes will experience high torque drives, plenty of tall grass and the occasional "hold on to my arm so I don't fall into the pond" situation. They will also see a few extra trips back to the bag to ditch the wimpy iron and let the big dog eat!

I would thoroughly enjoy beating up a new pair of Footjoy SYNR-G shoes, and promise to write a "full-flavored" review after a few rounds. Thanks GolfWRX and Footjoy!!!

-Ben

I would like to give thanks to Footjoy for letting us GolfWRX'ers be the first to try their new SYNR-G shoes.

I have always worn Footjoy. Never had anything else other than Footjoy. I have a big foot (14) so it is sometimes hard to find my size. I also walk alot and would be able to give great feedback on these golf shoes

Thanks again

Scott

Footjoy is the leader in golf footwear and they claim their new SYNR-G shoe provides maximum stability for those of us who need to stay grounded.

My golf swing is a cross between a car crash and a wet dog shaking and if it needed anything…its stability. I am a young stupid golfer that finds laying up to be blasphemy and outdriving your playing partners half the game. Watching me drive a golf balls looks a lot like watching a wild cat with a stick taped to his chest during a firework show. My swing uses every fast twitch muscle in my body in a seizure like manor to propel the ball 300+ yards in any direction other than desired. The only consistent pattern in my drives is that I am going to hit it harder than you and nearly come out of my shoes trying. I tear shoes apart and it's not because I walk every round in nasty weather (and I do), it's because I go hard on every tee box like I am beating zombies off my girlfriend with a rusty shovel. These shoes will experience high torque drives, plenty of tall grass and the occasional "hold on to my arm so I don't fall into the pond" situation. I would thoroughly enjoy beating up a new pair of Footjoy SYNR-G shoes, and promise to write a "full-flavored" review after a few rounds. Thanks GolfWRX and Footjoy!!!

Seriously, how do you not end that with, "Thanks, I'll be here all week. Try the veal." :cheesy: :cheesy:

Good stuff right there.......

Well, I'm not a Footjoy user nor a Footjoy fan. Whenever I'm browsing any online golf store or walking the aisles of my local Golftown (Canada), I always bypass the Footjoys. I've always bought Adidas or Nike. Since shoes cannot be demo'ed, I stick with what I'm accustomed to. This is a good way for Footjoy to earn a customer. Of course, I'd have to like them first. Send them my way, you never know. Thanks.

I'll state my simple case:

I am a golf shoe ho plain and simple. I love golf shoes, I buy lots of golf shoes, I wear lots of golf shoes. My thing is, I go for the shoes with the most technology. Sure, good looks help but I'd rock out with shoes that looked like Big Bird from Sesame Street's feet if they tell me I can hit the ball farther. The more high-tech the company can make the shoe, snake-oil or not, I'm in. Though I own a couple pair of FJ's, they are not my "go to" shoe (ridiculous sounding, I know). The problem is, they have yet to release a high tech shoe to become my "go to" shoe (again, I know. I sound like an idiot).

These look to be the shoe! I would love to rock these bad boys around the courses in town and rub in everyone's face how I've got them and they don't. Nanny nanny boo boo. The golf pimp baby! Golf is a year round sport here in North Carolina, so these shoes would see 15 to 20 rounds and get plenty of pub before they are released to the public. Hell, I'll even dance a jig on the 18th green of every round I play in them. Mark it down!

JB

Hey GolfWRX!

I walk 99% of my rounds and have played nothing but Footjoy! I Just got a new pair of Dryjoys last May and can't get them out of the rotation. The most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. I would lokve to have a second pair of the new shoe to put them in the rotation. No better test for a shoe than an true walker!

Shoes would be for my soon to be father-in-law who plays once a week. He works in a kitchen and his children have helped support their family since they were old enough to work. They are great people.

He walks every round and plays affordable courses on weekdays so he can enjoy the game. He's probably about a 6-8 hdcp. His current pair of shoes aren't water proof since his wife got them on sale after his old pair wore out. The winter is rainy here and I was going to get him a waterproof pair for Christmas. (I'd get him something else instead of course.)

My golf swing is a cross between a car crash and a wet dog shaking and if it needed anything…its stability. I am a young stupid golfer that finds laying up to be blasphemy and outdriving your playing partners half the game. Watching me drive a golf balls looks a lot like watching a wild cat with a stick taped to his chest during a firework show. My swing uses every fast twitch muscle in my body in a seizure like manor to propel the ball 300+ yards in any direction other than desired. The only consistent pattern in my drives is that I am going to hit it harder than you and nearly come out of my shoes trying. I tear shoes apart and it's not because I walk every round in nasty weather (and I do), it's because I go hard on every tee box like I am beating zombies off my girlfriend with a rusty shovel. These shoes will experience high torque drives, plenty of tall grass and the occasional "hold on to my arm so I don't fall into the pond" situation. I would thoroughly enjoy beating up a new pair of Footjoy SYNR-G shoes, and promise to write a "full-flavored" review after a few rounds. Thanks GolfWRX and Footjoy!!!

Seriously, how do you not end that with, "Thanks, I'll be here all week. Try the veal." :cheesy: :cheesy:

Good stuff right there.......

My golf swing is a cross between a car crash and a wet dog shaking and if it needed anything…its stability.

:lol:

If this isn't one of the winners, I'm going to demand a recount. Thanks for the laugh.

LOL, Thanks guys!

I believe I would be the ideal person to try the new SYNR-G as I am good mix of walker/rider on the golf course and I play 3-4 times a week. Also, most of the courses I play are a good mix of mountainous and flat terrains as I am based at the foothills of the NC mountains. My job is in a product development role of polyester/nylon fabrics for a major textile firm in North America and I believe with my knowledge base, I can test the shoe and give a review and feedback based off of a knowledge base of the industry. I believe feedback opposite of "it feels good on my foot" and is more technically based that would help Foot Joy take under consideration for the future. If you are looking for a person that has a textile background, understands the industry and can give you an in depth technical evaluation of the shoe, I would be your guy.

Thank you and I hope I am one of the lucky few selected. If you have any questions about my background, please pm me.

I believe I would be the ideal person for these shoes because I am one of the younger members on this site at 17 years of age. And at 17 years of age I have to pay for everything that I buy. From golf clubs to rounds of golf to balls. I think that I would be best deserving of these shoes because currently I am playing a pair of shoes that are starting to get a little bit small, and 1 year old. I think it would be a good addition to have a review from the younger generation on WRX so that everyone can get some feedback on what us "youngsters" think about all the new technology coming out in the shoe market.

I've been anxious to try these since I first saw the design. I was excited to see a new "sportier" design by FJ. Recently I've worn Nikes and Adidas because I like their classic/sporty designs. As someone who mostly walks, I've like the comfort of the FJ's but now these shoes would give me the opportunity to have the comfort and the "looks" that I like.

No matter who wins, what a great giveaway. Thank you for doing this!

Oh dear lord, what a chance to be freed of the painful bonds my current pair of golf shoes have on my feet. Buy a new pair you say? I wish. Unfortunately, this pair was bought by my wife as a present so they're "sentimental." If I so even think of looking at a new pair.... Here comes the guilt trip!

"What's wrong with the pair I bought you?"

I mean, I love my wife and all, but my god my feet hurt when playing golf! I NEED THIS! This is a way out! This is an opportunity! She can't throw guilt at me for winning a new pair, can she? ...can she??

Thanks for your consideration,

DG