GolfWRX Members Special Opportunity ***Ends 5pm EST Tomorrow*** to try New Footjoy SYNR-G Shoes!!!!

Well I have to put my 2 cents worth in here because I have been looking at these already! I can go in my basement and find about 6-8 pairs of footjoys, everything for the classic (with real spikes!) to a couple of sets of the contours and a set of "street" footjoys. I also play over 200 rounds a year so I think I can give you an insightful and informative analyst on the shoes for fit and comfort, as for durability I can tell you after the end of summer as there will be over a 150 to 175 rounds on them by then! Oh and for a PS Footjoy is the only golf shoe I have ever owned so I feel like I know the product!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should I be chosen as one of the 10? No better reason than anyone else has. I don't have a heart wrenching story of how they would change my life - and they won't change anybody's life. Would I ever buy a pair if they came retail? Probably not as the cost would be too high for me to consider it. I do fine in pair of $60 e-Comfort FJ's. So why do I needthem? I don't and neither does anyone. However, as a golf consumer, I have never paid initial retail for an item because I tend to be a little frugal when it come to equipment. I buy a year or two NOS equipment and do fine. But the thought of having something that is only "Tour", at least momentarily, is appealing.

Cobra Fly-Z+ Aldila UST V2
Golfsmith Jetstream 3W UST V2
Titleist 915H 3 Diamana

Titleist 915H 4 Diamana
Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart
Titleist SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber
Cleveland HB 11S

SkyCaddie SX400

I will state my case because I would love an opportunity to receive a new pair of shoes.

I started playing golf when I was six years old and my dad always tried to push me to play, but when I turned 14 or 15 I decided to become a cocky teen and not wanna hang out with my dad anymore. I recently started playing golf again this summer, I spent a few hours a week at the range and a round of golf a week...basically as much as my college budget allowed. My dad was diagnosed with a rare brain disease that makes it impossible for him to play golf now, so I wasted 8 years of time we could have golfed together because I was stupid. As of now he is only able to come to the range and help me with my swing and is unfortunately getting sicker. I was lucky enough that my father had a nice set of clubs and allowed me to use them because he knows he can't play anymore. I have the same pair of footjoys that I used when I was 15 and I am now 22, which were hand me downs from my father. I would just buy a new pair of shoes, but my hybrid just broke for no apparent reason and I am going to use the money I get for Christmas to buy a new Adams or Taylor Made hyrbid. I am not trying to write a sob story here, I am not going to lie, I have been very fortunate in my life and was blessed with parents that have treated me very well. Unfortunately things have changed and being in college and trying to play golf is very tough and it would be awesome to get a new piece of golf equipment. I am not trying to use my dads sickness to better my situation and everything I said in here is 100% true. I could prove it if everyone is that skeptical, I know anyone can come on the internet and just make bullxxxx up. Anyway, good luck to everyone!

I'm new to the great game of golf. I think a great pair of shoes shouldn't be the exclusive privilege of those who've "paid their dues." Anyone should be able to enjoy a great pair of shoes that fit right and keep you walking comfortably after 18 holes- even a beginner. I look forward to giving an unbiased report from a newbie's point of view; why can't everyone enjoy great golf shoes? Even a beginner!

I feel like I could give the best possible review when it comes to these shoes. I currently own close to 150 pairs of shoes, from classy dress shoes, to collectible shoes, to the best running/basketball shoes available. I know what makes a good shoe, and what a shoe should feel and play like.

The oppurtunity to try these would be a awesome, and I would love to create a a detailed review to judge these from top to bottom (good or bad).

Each aspect of the shoe, even the many aspects the average person would not even know are there, would be extensively looked at by my shoe knowledge. I want FootJoy/GolfWRX to choose me so I can use my in-depth knowledge to give every GolfWRX'er the chance to more than find out if these are good shoes, but for them to learn how and why they will likely be the most technologic, most comfortable shoes on the market.

I almost went to shoe design! :)

If I don't get the oppurtunity, I'll just keep rocking my DryJoys!

I would love to try the new FJ. However, my Dad needs a new pair of golf shoes and I was thinking about buying him a pair for Christmas. He would be a great candidate to give them a try and write a review. He is retired and plays golf about 4 times a week. If you want an honest review and to make an old man happy then let him try them out.

I am a high school golfer that lives in Bismarck, North Dakota. I have played varsity golf since being an 8th grader and have struggled finding a pair of golf shoes that can hold up to the wear and tear of walking a golf course everyday and practicing all winter indoors. In my city there is no good place to shop for golf supplies. The pro shops are small and very limited and the local sporting goods store is very over-priced and only carries limited callaway and taylormade lines. I have been researching Footjoy's new line of shoes, trying to find something to replace my worn-out DryJoy Pros. I would like to find a good, effective pair of shoes and be able to share my experience with not only with the GolfWrx world, but also my teammates and other local golfers to help battle our struggle to find good knowledge of golf supplies.

FootJoy has a great line of shoes and I would love a chance at reviewing them. As a retired military man, I play exclusively at 4 military bases in the San Diego area which I think would be a great market/target for the company. Thanks FootJoy for an excellent product and giving us a chance to wear them and create some buzz.

Handicap:  3

As with most all other sports the right shoe that you wear affects the way you play the game. FJ's advanced technology growth has been exciting for me to experience and observe, and I am sure this new model is no exception. I am pretty influential amongst my golfing peers as far as shoes, clubs, etc. goes. Not only would I give a thorough honest review since I do walk quite a bit, but I would spread the message of the shoe to many other golfers which in turn will only aid the popularity of the already famous FJ brand. FJ is the undisputed King and I have given many a dollar toward their gloves, shoes and rainwear over the years. It would be great to receive a gift during the holidays and spread the word in '09!

I'm 58 with no hair, bad feet, and play almost every day. Everything in between the no hair and bad feet works pretty good. I stopped worrying about no hair long ago. Although no one at the club will play me for money any more, there is usually a group that follows me around to watch me play. Since "everything in between works pretty good" keeping the bad feet going is the most important part. Your shoes will be seen on me and if they indeed help keep me going it will only do the brand good.

I believe that I should be chosen for several reasons. I am a junior golfer (been playing since I could walk) and those new shoes look great, I've been considering them for the up and coming season. Also, over the course of the season I play in many tournaments and during the course of rounds we get to talking and always mention my shoes and how great they are. I normaly walk when I play so that will help in review of their compfort and durability, over the course of the summer I will play in multiple tournaments when I walk 36 holes a day carrying my bag. And I expect that these new shoes will be something great to tell all of my fellow junior golfers about. Also, I never really used to like Footjoy but in the last year or so I come to respect them as one of the best companys in golf.

I bang it around on the mini tours to make a living. Ive got to play well this year, or its time to get a real job. Im spending all my time this off season working on my game and I guarantee to put these shoes to the limit by the time they hit the shelves. So send me a pair quick, because if I dont have a solid base to work on my game with, I may not make enough to buy a pair...or keep the lights on, the cat fed, and the wife happy. See FootJoy, without your help, Ill be alone in the dark being bitten by a very hungry cat. You dont want that on your conscience do you?

I believe that i should be one of the 10 chosen because I think footjoy is a major brand out there and being able to test a new product for them would be an honor and a privilege. I play high school golf for my local school and play at least twice a week and always walk. I am a serious golfer who demands as much from himself as he does his equipment. I currently own two pairs of adidas shoes and two pairs of footjoys and find both pairs are equally as comfortable. I will only give honest and truthful info and feedback. I am in the market for new shoes anyway so why not make me a true footjoy diehard fan?

Walking six out of the seven days of the week that I play golf can put a toll on my feet physically. My shoes are not the best comfort wise but I can't complain because I would not give up golf for the world. Also being a junior helps as well, I play on my highschool team and play in many tournaments, so getting the word out on your shoes would be very easy. I would be a great candidate to test out your shoes because you wont find someone who loves the game as much as I do or someone who works as hard as I do.

As a Police officers with four kids, the funds aren't there to try the new equipment that comes out. Thus I'm playing 10 year old Cobra irons. I haven't had a new pair of golf shoes in 6 years. I would appreciate them and give a honest review. I'd have to say that they would replace my old shoes regardless. Thanks Footjoy.

I feel the marriage between these beautiful shoes and my feet would be a long-lasting, healthy relationship that would not end in divorce. My feet are neither tall, dark, nor handsome, however they do enjoy long walks on beaches (fairways, greens, and hazards too!). My feet are patient, thoughtful, and willing to try new things. From time to time, my feet enjoy tight-laced tournament rounds, but what really turns them on is a laid back afternoon on the range. My feet do not engage in "one-round stands" and enjoy cuddling up in a nice pair of CoolJoys sandals after a good "round."

Thanks to FJ & GolfWRX for another great contest!!!

Garth

Thank you Footjoy & GolfWRX for this opportunity.

I think I would be a perfect candidate for this contest because in Tulsa I get to play golf year round and would immediately be able to try them out. I play 3-4 days/week and walk every round so if you want some true feedback from the average Joe, I'm your man. I asked my local golf shop about these a few weeks ago and they aren't even going to order them!!! I guess the higher end shoes just don't sell here? I have been playing Ecco's but am completely Titleist/Acushnet now and would love to round it out with some shoes.

I hope you find it in your hearts to give this Okie a chance and make my Christmas.

Chris

I walk 95% of the rounds I play, over the last year it was approximately 140 rounds. Periodically I have foot pain due to old injuries received through sports and work. I have found that rotating the six pair of shoes I presently own is one of the only ways to help my feet. I have not found one shoe that will offer me the comfort, durability and performance needed. It would be fantastic if the new Footjoy shoe is the ticket I am looking for.

Thanks,

Tony

First off thanks to FootJoy and GolfWRX for the opportunity. I like to see these promotions opened up to all WRX'ers too! On with my request!

I would like to throw my name into the hat for a chance to review a pair of new Footjoy SYNR-G shoes. I particularly like the black lizard on white. I have been playing golf for 11 years now and have owned only 4 pairs of golf shoes. My first pair were original Nike traditional saddle shoes, 2nd was a pair of Nike SP-5's, 3rd a pair of Adidas Tour Metal's a fellow golf pro gave me as a graduation gift, and my current pair of Adidas Euro Torsions. Besides owning Nike and adidas, I have tried FootJoy, Ecco, and Oakley shoes at stores or the pro shop I have worked in.

I have reviewed/tested other types of golf equipment including Sonartec wedges and hybrids, Roddio Shafts, Aldila VooDoo Shafts, a current member of the Cleveland Golf Launch Squad testers, Amino Vital, TrionZ, Maxfli Black Max balls, and a few other odds 'n ends.. I will objectively review your equipment to the degree in which I feel I am providing valuable knowledge to my fellow GolfWRX'ers. I would rate the Footjoy SYNR-G shoes in as many categories as I can including comfort, performance, durability, traction, breathability/cooling, quality, stability, design, playing partner appeal, and overall value. I have been chatting on GolfWRX for almost it's entire existence and feel I have earned respect from other forum members. Other members often PM me for advice in multiple areas.

I have had surgeries on both of my knees to remove 90% of the meniscus cartilage from old high school tennis injuries. (Old, ha, I'm only 26 and I have practically no meniscus left.) I can't walk as often as I like, but do so regularly during my 9 hole work league season. I play on muni tracks mostly, where the ground is firm and the tee boxes are anything but flat, half the course is over watered and half is not at all, and the greens look like someone neatly lined up peices of broccoli. I look for a pair of shoes that offers me stability and comfort. I am 6'3" 230 lbs, but I have narrow feet. I'm a 4 handicap with average drives around 295. I tend to rock/slide sideways in my shoes during my swing. I need a good strong narrow shoe that stabilizes my feet so I don't twist and pop my knee out of whack. I load up my body and my shaft a lot to really explode through my downswing and torgue the crap out of everything.

Another side effect of the heavy twisting and stress I put on my shoes is the heel area of the shoe will wear out very quickly and I end up with a bare PVC type plastic support piece digging into my heel. This is the reason for my last 2 shoe purchases (one pair was a gift.) The blisters from the worn out heel of the shoe just can't do. I am really looking forward to trying FootJoy's HeelLOC system that keeps your heel in place better. This might help reduce the wear on the inner lining and keep it from wearing out.

Also, I am intrigued by the memory foam in the tongue and collar. That sounds extremely comfortable!!! I can't wait after 18 holes to get my shoes off because the top part of my foot is red and a little raw from the friction of my shoes.

Overall, I would like to try a great new product and provide my opinion to other GolfWRX'ers and hopefully be a good representative on behalf of GolfWRX so that we can continue to have these great opportunities in the future!!! I want to thank FootJoy for supporting GolfWRX and allowing us this opportunity. Also, I would like to say armygolfer deserves a pair, I know it's up the mod's but my hat is off to him.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

I would like to start off with a little bit about myself.

I started playing golf when I was 10 years old and have had minor success on the southern California junior golf scene growing up. One year winning the LA City Championship for my age group and among several other small local tournaments. I have had the honor to compete with several of the current PGA Tour professionals such as Kevin Na and Anthony Kim.

I currently play to about a 4 handicap and had developed a passion in the equipment aspect of the golf business during college. I was able to obtain a position in the engineering department at one of the major OEMs earlier this year after I had graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering.

I had very recently purchased a pair of Adidas Tour 360 3.0 shoes after wearing a pair of DryJoy Classic for 7 years. While I am pleased with the purchase overall, however, there are a couple dislikes that I would point out.

I would be able to provide a comparative analysis between two golf shoes that will be directly competing against each other with both the Adidas Tour 360 3.0 and the Footjoy SYNR-G boasting technologies that highlights stability and comfort.

I feel with my current qualifications and situation I would be able to provide a quality and unbiased written review that this contest is looking for.

An example of a review written by me can be found HERE on the OBAN Devotion shaft.

Thank you Footjoy and Golfwrx for this opportunity.

PING G430 LST 9°
PING G430 LST FW #3
PING G430 HY #2
PING G410 Crossover #3
PING i525 #5,
PING i59 #6-PW
PING Glide 4.0 50°, 54°, 60°
PING PLD Anser 2D, Patina finish

Like many others, I don't deserve this opportunity any more than the other wonderful posters here. I'll make my appeal short and sweet. I believe the game of golf was created with the idea that the players would walk. Over the years, and in order to keep pace, golf carts have been added to the sport for casual golfers. But, walking is as much a part of golf as running is a part of baseball, basketball, football, or soccer. For the last year, I've been unfortunate in that I've been required to ride in a cart for nearly every round. About once every other month, I try and make it through 18 rounds (sometimes; other times I end up riding the back 9). I have knee and back problems that keep me from walking for long distances at a time. As a 27 year old man who can't walk very often, it would be a joy to be given the opportunity to wear what is the crowning achievement of the golfing shoe business. At the current rate that really good golf shoes go, I will never be able to afford them. So, know that if you choose me, I will wear them with pride. Not just in wearing a great shoe, but in the pride that I might be able to walk a little more while I continue to play this game we all love.

Here's what happened the last time I tried new golf shoes. I'm putting a spoiler on this just in case someone happens to not want to see this. Warning, it's not pretty:

Now that you've seen that, I'll explain. That was the day I learned that Nike shoes and my feet do not get along. They just do not fit my foot right, even with the correct sizing. As you can tell, it led to some great discomfort and consequently a very poor round of golf. I even gave them another chance after that, and the results were similar.

For a long time I've been looking for shoes that will allow me to walk 18 holes without pain and have yet to get it right. I would love to try these Footjoy SYNR-G shoes because I know how shoes can affect your golf game. For a golfer who walks, like myself, golf shoes are as important as any club in the bag. Your feet are the foundation of your golf swing, and you need your shoes to keep that foundation stable and comfortable.

Thank you for this opportunity GolfWRX!