GolfWRX Members Special Opportunity ***Ends 5pm EST Tomorrow*** to try New Footjoy SYNR-G Shoes!!!!

I would love to give these a try!!!! I love the looks of them and I am in the market for another set of shoes.

I have over 100 rounds of golf under my belt this year and over half of these I walked. I play in tourneys as well, and would love the opportunity to give these a shot.

This is a shoe that I would buy off of the shelf :D

AI Smoke TD xCaliber
AI Smoke 3w Ventus Red
AI Smoke 5w Ventus Red

Stealth 2 (3 & 4)Hybrid Ventus Red TR 

i530 Dynamic Gold Mid

RTX6 54/58 DG Spinner

Odyssey AI-One Jailbird Mini

Callaway Chrome Tour

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have been a longtime foot joy user for many years. I have the opportunity to test these shoes in the roughest of conditions, at a small Patrol Base in Iraq. grass is scarce and our driving range/ one hole is mostly dirt and rock, a perfect opportunity to test the durability of the shoes. Our grounds are uneven, testing the traction of shoes when you hit your ball in a rough position. If I hit it OB, I need to put on full body armor to get my ball back, a perfect opportunity to really test how they hold up under extreme weight. Lastly, and most importantly, I forget to pack shoes to bring out here, so I really need a pair!

He's going to need new kicks with all the gear heading his way!!!! :clapping:

Ryan, as I am in the "industry", don't include me in the contest, but wanted to pass along that I have tried these shoes on and they are fantastic!!! I have mine ordered and they will be coming from FJ as soon as they are released.

Congrats to the eventual winners (and to golfwrx for putting on the contest) and Armygolfer, again, thank you for all you and the others are doing for all of us!!!

Cheers,

Woo

Woo

I've had numerous pairs of golf shoes and haven't found any that will really fit my feet. I have adidas power bands that medium don't really fit and wide are too wide. Now I just bought two pairs of ecco shoes that feel great in the store but not the same on the course. I just sent those back for a refund. Now I'm back to my 1.5 year old adidas that don't really fit my foot but are relatively comfortable. I need to find a pair of shoes that fit and actually work to keep my feet secure in the shoe and planted on the ground. I am really looking to find a shoe that is comfortable enough to walk 18 on saturday and sunday during the summer and hold up throughout the entire year. Maybe these will be it.

Thank you Footjoy and Golfwrx for this contest.

Everytime I tee it up I choose to walk because of the physical benefit of walking and because it is the traditional way to play golf.

I've tried shoes from every company from Adidas to Puma and never found a shoe that fit well. My feet would start to hurt around the 8th hole and by the end I would have some blisters. I play in all types of conditions and would love to find a shoe that kept my feet dry and comfortable for 18+ holes. Walking up and down Bethpage Black and Red is very tiresome and hard on the feet.

I've seen many advances in shoe technology from every shoe company and would say that Footjoy stays near the top all the time. I would love the opportunity to test these shoes against similar products from other companies as well as the golf course and give a throrough and honest review.

Thank you.

I teach golfers part time and help local ranges to raise awareness/maintain client relationships/manage & etc.

--> I am not "yet" a professional golfer, so no sponsor deal "yet" :rolleyes:

My real bread earning is from being a financial analyst.

As you can see from my reviews and posts (including BST), I do a lot of equipment testing and club reviews for personal game development and for my students.

Mainly, I am always looking for the best and the most accessible equipments.

Most of us tend to follow what our teachers/admirers play with. (Aren't we all wearing red shirts on Sundays? :tongue: )

In 2006~2007, I was introduced to MacGregor golf clubs, and over 70% of my students became MacGregor users including myself.

In 2008, after demoing Adams and Mizuno (Nike and Titleist were close seconds, but too $$$), I started recommending Adams for beginners and Mizunos for better players.

What I play & what I am equipped with can and will affect many players.

I'm in Chicago until mid-January, but still play a couple of times a week whenever the snow clears, no matter what the temperature - seriously. Feb-April I'll be in Boston where it's just as chilly. So, I'm probably one of the few WRXers who can give an honest assessment of how they perform on snow, ice and frozen turf. If the sole is a sturdy as it looks it'll be very handy for driving a tee into the rock-hard ground...

Long-time Footjoy devotee, in fact Bill Tarlow (they were the Stone and Tarlow Shoe Company before Acushnet bought them) is a playing partner when I'm back home in Massachusetts. Don't think he'd approve of my wearing Classics in this weather:^)

2017 M2/Matrix Ozik F6M2
Cally XHP 15°/Altus or 3Deep/Striper H2
Cobra F8 4-5/F7M2
Cally XHP23/Altus hb or Cally X-Prototype 24°/Program 95
6-GW Cobra Forged One Length on flighted Matrix Program 95 OR MP-H4 ON PROGRAM F15
Scratch D/D wedges
Bettinardi QB3

Well First off thanks FootJoy for this chance. I am junior golfer and us juniors play alot of golf and wear our shoe all the time. In Washington we play in wet and cold. Plus some course are up and down multiply times and that can a difference in weather you like a shoe or not. I been wearing Footjoy for awhile and they hold up I would like to try this new shoes and see how the hold up in the junior golfer enviroment of all the time golf.

Hard to believe but I have been playing this great game of golf since I was 15 years of age. That means that for 47 long years (62 years old now) I have walked 1000's of rounds of golf. And, am still walking, a little slower now, but still walking with my life long friends.....my FootJoys. I have eight pairs of FJ's now and when one pair becomes worn out, I give it to Goodwill and add a new pair to the rotation. I figure my FJ's will take care of me for at least 20 more years of playing the great game.

Would very much like the chance to add these new FootJoys to my rotation and provide a review of how well they stack-up against my older FJ's and some of the other shoes I have tried.

Thanks,

Doc

Thanks to Footjoy for the opportunity. I Have been a loyal Titleist and Footjoy user for many years and love the products but there is only one problem, I AM CANADIAN!!!! It usually takes us a lot longer to get the products and it gets frustrating hearing about how good Titleist and Footjoy products are but not being able to use them for awhile after they have been released.

If I was one of the lucky winners it would be cool to write a nice review about them after using them on my golfing trip this winter!!!!

Thanks again for the opportunity!!!!

Footjoy. What can I say? If there was one word to describe this company. ORIGINAL. Yes, original. They have been around since I first laid eyes on a pair of golf shoes. My dad had a pair of Footjoys and he loved them so much that he used to paint them when they started wearing out. My first pair of golf shoes were Footjoys and I was a loyal consumer of them throughout my junior golf years before going off to college and putting golf on the backburner for a few years. Although many other quality shoe companies have emerged (Nike, Adidas, Ecco, + others), I can only say that Footjoy is the original, old school company that started it all and has continued to produce quality products. The name Footjoy has a reputation that golfers will always respect (hopefully new school golfers as well). Thank you Golfwrx and Footjoy for doing this. I'd love to try these new shoes out!

With feet that are this jacked up, you can imagine how hard it is to find shoes that feel good. I've tried tons of shoes, from tons of makers, & can give a good opinion of what the new SYNR-G shoes will feel like for those of us who can't or shouldn't wear sandals. I usually walk two rounds a week, regardless of the weather, as long as there is no lightning. On top of that I try to get in a few hours a week at the range, so my crusty dogs will really get a chance to see what the Memory Foam & HeelLoc are made of. Plus it's golf season year round here so you don't have to wait 6 months for your review to come in.

All that being said I really think armygolfer should get a pair of these before anybody else. If he doesn't deserve a shot at these then I don't know who does.

(No camera's were broken during the making of this post)

When I saw the video of the shuttle launch on the SYNR-G website I immedatly thought of my swing. What is a shuttle launch? A mix of explosivity, thrust, and unpredictability - the possibility for disaster. This is exactly what I bring to the table. Low Handicappers and Pro players can hit the ball 300 with ice skates on. In order to harness the true potential that my 5 foot 8 210 lb frame can offer is by being firmly rooted to the ground with the latest in shoe technology. The only way for me to achive my ultimate goal of earth spinning twist is to win these shoes, and there are several reasons. My footjoy dryjoys, while a great, comfortable shoe, can not match the new technology. Second, as a struggling law student, It is really not possible for me to purchase such an awesome shoe. But it is my promise that if I win, not only will I attempt to swing out of my new shoes, but also my socks, and if possible, my skin - the greatest test for any good golf shoe. Oh yeah, and I will write a sick review as well.

Congrats to the winners,

Totti

I'd like to try a pair of these, please :)

Have always preferred the look of Adidas Tour 360 model range, but these from Footjoy looks really classy and sporty at the same time :ok:

Hope I get the chance to test a pair of these in the upcoming outdoor season - thanks for giving us this opportunity :good:

Especially the black and white looks great :pimp:

Being a busy and broke student here in Hawaii I choose to walk golf courses and carry my bag every time I play. I do this for the exercise and because renting a cart is outside of my limited student budget. In the middle of the day it can get extremely hot and humid on the golf courses here and by the 18th hole there have been times where my feet feel like they are going to fall off. I need to find a golf shoe that can provide me with comfort and style while still providing a maximum amount of support and stability so that my shots on the 18th hole can be as crisp as my shots on the 1st. To this point I have yet to find a shoe that can adequately fulfill these needs and am optimistic that Footjoy's new Synergy line can deliver the performance I have been searching for.

Please Please Please Please: And if that doesnt work then here is my story: I am 34 years old and have had the artery behind my right knee replace due to a contriction problem and a surgery to my right calf for a misdiagnosis :( . I have been golfing for 7 years, and most of them with foot pain. I have never really had any luck finding a golf shoe that was comfortable enough for me to last 18 holes. I have tried most of them, and the best so far have been a pair of footjoy ecomforts. I would love a new pair of footjoys, kind of a early Christmas present. I would give you a very thorough review if I win, and if they are comfortable for me they will be for anyone. And one last thing, IF YOU PICK ME I WILL BE YOUR BEST FRIEND.

TITLEIST TS3 8.5 T1100
Callaway XR Pro 15* Fairway
Taylormade GAPR 2
Honma 737V 4-pw
Titleist SM6 52/58
Machine M20 Converter Aluminum Bronze
Scotty Newport Select

As a player who mostly plays a course that is cart-path only, or walking with a caddy, comfortable, stable shoes are a necessity for my game. I am a 3 time Club Champion that demands the best support and comfort a shoe can provide to keep me on top of my game.

I have also been a tester of Maxfli products in the past. I would love to be able to get back into a pair of FootJoy shoes to help support my game.

Why do I think I should be part of the luck 10? Because, I have never won anything in my life! And, I need a new pair of shoes. :)

PXG BO Tour-1 10.5° - Ventus Blue Velocore -or-

TaylorMade BRNR Mini 11.5°- Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 15° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 18° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 22° - Tensei AV Raw White
PXG BLE 0317T - 5-PW - Project X
Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 50°

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 54°
LAB DF3 - Accra Black -or-

LAB Link.1 - Accra Black

I am 36 years old and have been playing golf since I was 5. I've always enjoyed walking while playing golf but over the past few years I've battled many foot aches as well as plantar fasciitis. My foot problems have become so unbearable that I've all but given up on walking when I play golf, even with a push cart. Last season I made the switch to wearing Adidas Tour 360 golf shoes, yes I own every color combination, to help me get back my love of walking the course on Saturday mornings. While the Adidas have been better than any other golf shoe currently available, I think there is still room for improvement. I'm desperately hoping the Foojoy SYNR-G's are the answer to my golfing prayers.

I would appreciate your consideration by allowing me to test and review these new revolutionary golf shoes. If they can alleviate my foot aches and pains and get me back to walking the course, they are priceless to me.

Shoes are the foundation for any upright activity whether it be running, walking or standing over a tee shot. I'm an avid golfer, but even more an avid runner. I've done several marathons, so I know how important it is to have a well designed shoe for strenuous activities on the lower body. Due to the thousands of miles I've put on my legs, I've learned to recognize where aches and pains stem from. In my experience, most of lower body injuries start from poorly stabilized shoes. Although you don't run in golf (except for Sergio and Hale Irwin), professional golfers average 4-5 miles a round, 16-20 miles per week, almost 500 miles per year. That's almost 20 marathons..in one year. You need someone who not only plays golf, but spends hours on their legs and can recognize the aspects of a well built shoe. I live in Texas so I play golf weekly throughout the year. I walk almost every round. I am the perfect choice.

Wow another great opportunity through Golfwrx. Thanks to you and FJ. While there are many great responses posted already, I will have to repeat a few. I am a shoe fiend, however I have not pulled the trigger on a pair of Footjoys in quite a while. I have come close, but it seems that a pair of Nike's jump out and get my attention. I would love to expand my choices and put a pair of FJ's in play. I would give a fair review of the Footjoy SYNR-G shoes.

Thanks again Golfwrx & Footjoy!

I am a Titleist junky, but more over I am a Footjoy loyalist. I have some of the classic dry premiers and have yet to find another shoe to live up to them. I would love to give the new FJ's a shot. I usually walk so I can definately tell you the honest truth about the comfort and durability. :secret:

Roy

Taylormade M5 10.5* Tour Addi Black 75x
Taylormade 2017 M2 Tour 3 Wood HL 16.5* Oban Kiyoshi Black 85x
Taylormade M3 19* Wood Fujikura Motore 85x
Miura ICL-601 21* Graphite Design Black Tour AD-95x
Miura Baby Blades 4-pw DG TI x-100
Raw Vokey 54s and 60d DG TI s-400
Scotty Cameron Teryllium Ten Satin Newport 2

My first admission is that I HAVE a problem. I keep buying clubs, shafts, shoes, everything. I'm not quite sure that this will help cure my addiction, but I'd love to be able to test out a new product and give feeback on them. I'm rotating a pair of Nikes and two pairs of Foot Joys. Would love to add these to the rotation to see how them compare. Help my addiction!

Titleist TS3, 9.5* Diamana D+ LTD X, 43.5"
Titleist 917F2, 15*, Aldila Rogue Max 75S
Srixon U65, 20*, DG AMT X100
Titleist 716 AP1 4-PW DG AMT X100
Vokey - 52.08, 56.12, 60.08
Cameron Select NPII, Titleist Pro V1X

I have been playing golf for about 10 years now. I have been thru Nike, Jordan, and Adidas golf shoes as of late. My biggest problem with finding a great shoe for my game is something that I have consistent grip in. I have a tendency to have the occassional slip with my right foot. I'd love to be able to try more shoes to find something that can fit my game better and allow me to have the same feeling swing after swing. I finally joined a golf league last year and pretty much wore out my Adidas Powerband shoes. I walk the course whenever I golf, so I'm not a cart golfer. I would like the opportunity to find a better all around shoe that can last me a full season. I'm also a accomplished bowler who has numerous experiences with writing product reviews and allowing other's to benefit from another person's perspective on a product.

I would like to try the Footjoy SYNR-G shoes for several reasons. First, my feet are large, size 13 or 14. It is tough to find comfortable and affordable golf shoes in size 13-14. Second, and I believe the most benefitial to everyone, is that my current two pairs of golf shoes smell awful. Not only do they smell awful, my girlfriend won't come back to my dorm room until I get the smell out; but I do need my golf shoes. If I am afforded the chance to try the new SYNR-G shoes, I will not only be able to provide a review, but my feet won't stink as much, and my girlfriend will come over a little more--then I can do work on AND off the golf course. Thank you Golfwrx.

I play at least 2x per week and walk 99.9% of the time -- so shoes are very important for me. I've purchased 2 different pairs of FJs in the past (DJ Pro and Reel-Fit -- at the same time) based on their reputation as being one of the most comfortable shoes. Plus, I wear a size that is rarely available to try out in person -- so I must rely on reviews more so than than others.

Currently, I have no intention of going back to FJ since I find them less comfortable than my Nikes and Adiddas. What I've tried can be used for 1 round a week max, but cannot imagine wearing my FJs more often. If these are improved and different, I'm willing to give them a try.

Thanks for the opportunity!