Is the "other site" done for good? (Merged)

thepeak

[quote name='smithjohnjr' post='2046941' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:11 AM'][quote name='MattTitleist' post='2046362' date='Nov 4 2009, 09:32 PM']I will say a few things about BSG, for one yes it is a business and any business wants to make money, however they went at it the wrong way but only offering to a select few that were willing to pay an arm and a leg for tour issue equipment that really wasnt any different that what you can buy off the rack. sure they had some stuff that was unique and couldnt be found anywhere else but the mark up was crazy and unless you are stinkin rich or worked for BSG you couldnt put that product in you bag anyways. also as a person who is pretty loyal to the Titleist brand it always felt like i was an outcast on BSG and i didnt conform to what they saw because i didnt play taylor made products. dont get me wrong there is a lot of good information on that site that whish is the reason i kept going back but i stopped supporting the site with purchases after i found this out....

I was an insider a long time ago and only signed up for a year and decided the next 2 years not to because i didnt feel it was worth it and as a student i had a lot better things to do with $100...i found out as i was signing up to be an insider a couple years after that there were some things on the inside said about me and other members who post a lot and didnt support the site by paying $100 to become an insider...it took them about 5 days to change my my status to an insider because they were goin thru all the inside threads to delete anything that was said about myself and other members. I know this because i was able to log on the inside with another members account to see the posts and then when i was instated all of those posts were gone.

GolfWRX is was more supportive and anyone is welcome and you can talk about pretty much anything

jsut want to note that yes i play Ozik shafts but none of them were purchses thru BSG and i didnt even pay half of what those guys charge for them, i play them because i like them and they have really helped my game, sure some posts on BSG may have influenced that but i would never buy product from them that is way over priced[/quote]
The "Insider Forum" was worse than a bunch of High School girls in a locker room.. No offense to some of the members still insiders. There were more threads trashing people that werent insiders than there were posts about anything else. I had the same problem. signed up to be an Insider pretty much just to see the Green Shoes thread to find I was being dicussed in at least 3 topics. When I confronted everyone by posting in a topic, suddenly all the topics were deleted. 1 topic about me, was discussing my credibility and how I came by certain shafts. I had a connection with Aldila at the time and could get VS protos and Cinnamons regularly and this was when they were hard to come by and very HOT. DClown was in there talking about me, asking if anyone bought anything and all sorts of stuff. He also PM'ed me one evening saying he would like to buy a cinnamon but never came through on the funds nor did he ever respond to any PM's.

It was amazing how much trash they talked about other people behind their backs. It was like a huddle room where they would get all fired up and then go back out in the open and just flame people. [b] CDBomb was usually a pretty big target.[/b] If he had ever signed up to be an insider, who knows how would have felt seeing some of the things people said about him. Quite sad actually...
[/quote]

That's terrible. CDBomb was one of the more knowledgeable, eloquent posters over there and always had a respectful tone.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After hearing about this thread and or reading it which I am sure they have in some way or another, do you think they would want to re-launch or re-open?? If all of this was written about me in such a public forum and I knew it deep down to be true, I would be ashamed to show my face for a very long time. That being said, some people even have themselves convinced that the kool aid with no sugar is still very sweet. I have seen a side of BSG in this thread I never opened my eyes to. It's hard to imagine this many people would be wrong. :busted2:

Jason

[quote name='SeekonkHolen1' post='2047360' date='Nov 5 2009, 06:01 PM'][quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2047329' date='Nov 5 2009, 11:47 AM'][quote name='MiGolf' post='2047021' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:08 AM'][quote name='elrey23' post='2047017' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:07 AM'][quote name='smithjohnjr' post='2046992' date='Nov 5 2009, 07:47 AM']A friend brought up an interesting point - if their data has been corrupted, how do they have some email addresses to send people notifications of why they are down?[/quote]

That's a good point. I haven't heard anyone else say they received an email from them but myself. I'm curious to know of the people who were members over there, who received an email?
[/quote]
I have not.
[/quote]

I have not.
[/quote]

I did get an email and I'm not an insider or anything like that.

Jorge
[/quote]Did it come from a bombsquadgolf.com email address or a googlemail address?

[quote name='spookyfish' post='2047483' date='Nov 5 2009, 12:04 PM'][quote name='SeekonkHolen1' post='2047360' date='Nov 5 2009, 06:01 PM'][quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2047329' date='Nov 5 2009, 11:47 AM'][quote name='MiGolf' post='2047021' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:08 AM'][quote name='elrey23' post='2047017' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:07 AM'][quote name='smithjohnjr' post='2046992' date='Nov 5 2009, 07:47 AM']A friend brought up an interesting point - if their data has been corrupted, how do they have some email addresses to send people notifications of why they are down?[/quote]

That's a good point. I haven't heard anyone else say they received an email from them but myself. I'm curious to know of the people who were members over there, who received an email?
[/quote]
I have not.
[/quote]

I have not.
[/quote]

Jorge
[/quote]Did it come from a bombsquadgolf.com email address or a googlemail address?
[/quote]

They may have e-mail addresses in a different place from people who bought stuff via paypal. I would be one of those people as well as an insider and I have received no such e-mail.

Jason

[quote name='spookyfish' post='2047483' date='Nov 5 2009, 01:04 PM'][quote name='SeekonkHolen1' post='2047360' date='Nov 5 2009, 06:01 PM'][quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2047329' date='Nov 5 2009, 11:47 AM'][quote name='MiGolf' post='2047021' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:08 AM'][quote name='elrey23' post='2047017' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:07 AM'][quote name='smithjohnjr' post='2046992' date='Nov 5 2009, 07:47 AM']A friend brought up an interesting point - if their data has been corrupted, how do they have some email addresses to send people notifications of why they are down?[/quote]

[/quote]
I have not.
[/quote]

I have not.
[/quote]

Jorge
[/quote]

I can't remember to be honest with you. I deleted the email. I was not an insider but I have posted on the BST.. So I would have sent a $3 paypal recently. Maybe that's where it came from?

Jorge

[quote name='pfgplm' post='2047466' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:54 AM'][quote name='smithjohnjr' post='2046941' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:11 AM'][quote name='MattTitleist' post='2046362' date='Nov 4 2009, 09:32 PM']I will say a few things about BSG, for one yes it is a business and any business wants to make money, however they went at it the wrong way but only offering to a select few that were willing to pay an arm and a leg for tour issue equipment that really wasnt any different that what you can buy off the rack. sure they had some stuff that was unique and couldnt be found anywhere else but the mark up was crazy and unless you are stinkin rich or worked for BSG you couldnt put that product in you bag anyways. also as a person who is pretty loyal to the Titleist brand it always felt like i was an outcast on BSG and i didnt conform to what they saw because i didnt play taylor made products. dont get me wrong there is a lot of good information on that site that whish is the reason i kept going back but i stopped supporting the site with purchases after i found this out....

I was an insider a long time ago and only signed up for a year and decided the next 2 years not to because i didnt feel it was worth it and as a student i had a lot better things to do with $100...i found out as i was signing up to be an insider a couple years after that there were some things on the inside said about me and other members who post a lot and didnt support the site by paying $100 to become an insider...it took them about 5 days to change my my status to an insider because they were goin thru all the inside threads to delete anything that was said about myself and other members. I know this because i was able to log on the inside with another members account to see the posts and then when i was instated all of those posts were gone.

GolfWRX is was more supportive and anyone is welcome and you can talk about pretty much anything

jsut want to note that yes i play Ozik shafts but none of them were purchses thru BSG and i didnt even pay half of what those guys charge for them, i play them because i like them and they have really helped my game, sure some posts on BSG may have influenced that but i would never buy product from them that is way over priced[/quote]
The "Insider Forum" was worse than a bunch of High School girls in a locker room.. No offense to some of the members still insiders. There were more threads trashing people that werent insiders than there were posts about anything else. I had the same problem. signed up to be an Insider pretty much just to see the Green Shoes thread to find I was being dicussed in at least 3 topics. When I confronted everyone by posting in a topic, suddenly all the topics were deleted. 1 topic about me, was discussing my credibility and how I came by certain shafts. I had a connection with Aldila at the time and could get VS protos and Cinnamons regularly and this was when they were hard to come by and very HOT. DClown was in there talking about me, asking if anyone bought anything and all sorts of stuff. He also PM'ed me one evening saying he would like to buy a cinnamon but never came through on the funds nor did he ever respond to any PM's.

It was amazing how much trash they talked about other people behind their backs. It was like a huddle room where they would get all fired up and then go back out in the open and just flame people. [b] CDBomb was usually a pretty big target.[/b] If he had ever signed up to be an insider, who knows how would have felt seeing some of the things people said about him. Quite sad actually...
[/quote]

That's terrible. CDBomb was one of the more knowledgeable, eloquent posters over there and always had a respectful tone.
[/quote]

Man I hope this is one of those cases were sarcasm doesn't travel well on the intertubes.

[quote name='Jayhawk' post='2047435' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:38 AM'][quote name='REALLYwhiteFEET' post='2047401' date='Nov 5 2009, 11:23 AM']Anyone know where Adammull is? I miss that guy. The 3 wood thread was epic![/quote]

the last communique I got from Adam said something about racing for pinks and the Cuban Autopista. It was cryptic at best...
[/quote]

I heard he was watering one of his other flowers, he has [b][i]FOUR[/i][/b] e-businesses you know, all fully fabricated and imagined and financed by his mother. How ironic that the one man who used to call all of his haters people who "lived in their Mom's basement" would get his allowance from his mommy. Isn't it ironic? Why yes Alanis, yes, yes it is.

Man, Todd's Non-Disclosure Agreement must be tougher than a $2 steak, as DTown3011 has checked this thread out a few times and hasn't offered anything to this discussion.

TaylorMade 2017 M1 440 8.5° Driver == Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade 2017 M2 Tour 15° FW == Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
Titleist 816H2 19° Hybrid == Veylix Rome 988 S+
Miura 1957 Small Blade 4-PW Irons == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM6 50°, 54°, 58° Custom Wedges == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Scotty Cameron "Cameron & Crown" M2 Putter
Nike RZN Tour Black Golf Balls

[quote name='spookyfish' post='2047483' date='Nov 5 2009, 06:04 PM'][quote name='SeekonkHolen1' post='2047360' date='Nov 5 2009, 06:01 PM'][quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2047329' date='Nov 5 2009, 11:47 AM'][quote name='MiGolf' post='2047021' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:08 AM'][quote name='elrey23' post='2047017' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:07 AM'][quote name='smithjohnjr' post='2046992' date='Nov 5 2009, 07:47 AM']A friend brought up an interesting point - if their data has been corrupted, how do they have some email addresses to send people notifications of why they are down?[/quote]

[/quote]
I have not.
[/quote]

I have not.
[/quote]

Jorge

[/quote]

I'm not going to post the email address, but it came from Marcus and a gmail address. Thinking about it now, I think I might have got the email because I bought a (very good value) wedge on eBay.

FWIW, as much as some of the posts in this thread imply some really bad stuff, my personal experience of BSG has been very good. I stay clear of all the tour equipment threads so I think I missed most of the stuff people are complaining about.

Dave

[quote name='JoeF' post='2047131' date='Nov 5 2009, 07:08 AM']BSG had problems with the air conditioning in their server room causing the server to go down. They have added a redundant system to prevent this from happening in the future. Here's a picture of that new system[/quote]

I :heart: thereIfixedit.com

PING G30 Driver/3w/2h
PING i20 4-U
PING Tour W 56/60
Cameron Select 2.5
PING Hoofer

Whilst I tend to avoid buying anything from BSG itself, there is no doubt there is some good info over there.

As far as the site is concerned, I understand it will be up and running in the next few days.............

Improvements afoot - who knows :secret:

Callaway Tour Issued Rogue Triple Diamond Non LS 10.5 Ventus Velocore Blue 6 
Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 15 Ventus Velocore Blue 7
Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 18 Ventus Velocore Blue 7

Srixon ZX Utility 4 Iron Nippon Modus 120
Miura CB 301 QPQ 5-PW Nippon Modus 120 
Vokey SM9 Raw 50F 54D 58T Nippon Modus 120

2001 Scotty Cameron Circle T Timeless Tri-sole Newport 2   

Tour issued Odyssey 2 Ball Ten WH Insert 

[quote name='NYKnuckleballer' post='2047579' date='Nov 5 2009, 02:04 PM']Since this is nostalgia lane for many, what ever happened to posters like GolfNut69, golow and hookster?

PS - What about that Abe Frohman character, too? That guy was a d!ck. :D[/quote]

I was just thinking about Geoff(golow). I miss his posts.

[quote name='teddymolt' post='2047509' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:21 AM'][quote name='pfgplm' post='2047466' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:54 AM']

That's terrible. CDBomb was one of the more knowledgeable, eloquent posters over there and always had a respectful tone.[/quote]

Man I hope this is one of those cases were sarcasm doesn't travel well on the intertubes.
[/quote]

Whoah :vava: , definitely not sarcasm, his posts were consistently interesting, at least to me. But i guess people can have varying interpretations....

Whilst I tend to avoid buying anything from BSG itself, there is no doubt there is some good info over there.

As far as the site is concerned, I understand it will be up and running in the next few days.............

Improvements afoot - who knows :secret:

Jay-Z, Ricky Gervais, and I (not pictured) are nodding in anticipation of the relaunch. We're "staying tuned" so we can "BEHOLD!"

JAYZGERVAIS.gif

[quote name='NYKnuckleballer' post='2047579' date='Nov 5 2009, 02:04 PM']Since this is nostalgia lane for many, what ever happened to posters like GolfNut69, golow and hookster?

PS - What about that Abe Frohman character, too? That guy was a d!ck. :D[/quote]
Hookster is alive and well, one of my favorite golfing partners.

Titleist TSR3 9* w/ GD UB-6 (S)
Titleist TSR2 15* & 21* w/ GD UB-7,8 (S)
Titleist u505 22* w/ Atmos Blue HB 85 (S)
Titleist T200/150 5-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 (S)
Vokey SM8 50*, 55*, 60* w/ S300
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

Bump for a great seller!

Wait.

[quote name='teddymolt' post='2047515' date='Nov 5 2009, 12:24 PM'][quote name='Jayhawk' post='2047435' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:38 AM'][quote name='REALLYwhiteFEET' post='2047401' date='Nov 5 2009, 11:23 AM']Anyone know where Adammull is? I miss that guy. The 3 wood thread was epic![/quote]

the last communique I got from Adam said something about racing for pinks and the Cuban Autopista. It was cryptic at best...
[/quote]

I heard he was watering one of his other flowers, he has [b][i]FOUR[/i][/b] e-businesses you know, all fully fabricated and imagined and financed by his mother. How ironic that the one man who used to call all of his haters people who "lived in their Mom's basement" would get his allowance from his mommy. Isn't it ironic? Why yes Alanis, yes, yes it is.
[/quote]

Adam was lucky enough to be one of the founding fathers of the insanely popular lifestyle forum Fooghouse.com. Let's just say that when they were scooped up by Salon.com, the payout was such that he will never work another day in his life. :partytime2:

Remember the "stinky socks on the phone" gimmick? Those days were the best. :friends:

[quote name='PreppySlapCut' post='2047701' date='Nov 5 2009, 03:03 PM'][quote name='NYKnuckleballer' post='2047579' date='Nov 5 2009, 02:04 PM']Since this is nostalgia lane for many, what ever happened to posters like GolfNut69, golow and hookster?

Hookster is alive and well, one of my favorite golfing partners.
[/quote]

Iqs he any closer to getting his course built?

[quote name='teddymolt' post='2047509' date='Nov 5 2009, 02:21 PM']Man I hope this is one of those cases were sarcasm doesn't travel well on the intertubes.[/quote]

Look man, you asked and I'm just being straight up. You are completely missing my point though. It's more than OK to ask questions or think outside the box. The problem is that what you think is speaking with conviction comes across as being stubborn and closed minded. Who cares what the engineers that you manage have to say about [s]golf clubs[/s] "sarcasm"? How many of them have ever [s]developed[/s] "been sarcastic" or even conducted testing on [s]golf clubs[/s] "sarcasm"? I understand that there are some basic principles in terms of physics that apply, but one who is inexperienced in this industry is hardly qualified enough to question the findings that I presented which came directly from the top engineer at [s]Taylor Made[/s] "The Laugh Factory" and the director of [s]metalwoods[/s] "sarcasm" at [s]Callaway[/s] Comedy Central. Those people are the absolute BEST in the world at what they do. So, there is truly no offense intended.....but I'm going with what they tell me over what a management consultant thinks even if you do engineering work for Fortune 500 companies. You are obviously a pretty intelligent guy. I don't question that. The problem is that you don't know a thing about [s]golf clubs[/s] "sarcasm" and you're "conviction" comes across as arrogance and stubborness. Like I said several times over, I am not stating infromation in my posts based on MY opinions. So, this "because we (you) said so" comment is a bit off since I referenced my sources and never claimed these to be my own findings or ideas.

Lastly, your comments such as [b]"Man I hope this is one of those cases were sarcasm doesn't travel well on the intertubes."[/b] and things like your signature are what I find to be extremely annoying. You find it to be humorous, light hearted, etc. and I find it to be obnoxious. BTW, I truly do not intend to get into immature name calling when I say things like that either. I just don't have any other words for the outlandish remarks that you make. Absurd, delusional, etc. are simply the only terms that I can come up with to accurately describe some of the ideas that you present. It sounds harsh, yes. However, conversing with you on some topics is just THAT mind numbing because you are so closed minded and so far off base that you can't even begin to comprehend anyone else's point of view. In no way am I trying to insult or make personal attacks here, but you wanted to know what the problem is. The funny thing about this all is that if it weren't for me, you would have been gone from this site a long time ago. I'm the one who took you off of mod preview and I am also the one who let you back on the site when you were banned regardless of the numerous times that other mods have increased your warning level nearly to the point of you being banned from the website. Therefore, I think that I have been MORE than tolerant of your antics that you consider to be light hearted and quite understanding of how one's personality can come across on a forum.

You can take this however you please....constructive or insulting. I don't really care either way. My job is to do what is in the best interest of the site including it's membership, meaning I try to provide accurate and factual information. I have no tolerance for anyone who continually questions that. I've wasted enough time on this because it's probably not going to make any difference. You'll most likely continue on with the attitude that I have singled you out because you are not a big customer of [s]BSG[/s] "sarcasm" or [s]an Insider[/s] "sarcastic" when in reality it has nothing to do with that. We don't have these issues with those who are positive contributors to the site and are supportive of [s]BSG[/s] "sarcasm" whether they are customers or not.

Mossonhoss