Is the "other site" done for good? (Merged)

thepeak

The funny thing is the cars. You don't make money on performance cars. They cost way too much to build unless you do all of the labor. Todd doesn't have the brains or the ability to put those cars together. He paid to have them put together, and there is nobody on this earth that is stupid enough to pay $100K for a Mustang that only makes 768 rwhp. You can build that car for $50k with the right parts and the right people doing the job.

I am glad that they have failed, and hope they never come back. There are too many people that need to be warned of this companies business practices, so they don't get taken.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='skinkman' post='2050427' date='Nov 6 2009, 06:38 PM'][quote]Some people are smart at making money, but dumb at spending it. Which in turns creates a market for almost anything these days. (Come on guys, the exact same shaft but in a different color for 33% more! Yet it happens all the time but with maybe not as much of a mark up. Does a Apple Lap Top in Black ring a bell?)[/quote]

but seriously..some paints are more expensive than others.
[/quote]

But seriously..........Word was, that if you ordered enough units, any color could have been had over the stock color for a small extra fee.

[quote name='TMBob' post='2050448' date='Nov 6 2009, 06:50 PM'][quote name='skinkman' post='2050427' date='Nov 6 2009, 06:38 PM'][quote]Some people are smart at making money, but dumb at spending it. Which in turns creates a market for almost anything these days. (Come on guys, the exact same shaft but in a different color for 33% more! Yet it happens all the time but with maybe not as much of a mark up. Does a Apple Lap Top in Black ring a bell?)[/quote]

but seriously..some paints are more expensive than others.
[/quote]

But seriously..........Word was, that if you ordered enough units, any color could have been had over the stock color for a small extra fee.
[/quote]
I'm a dealer. If you place a $100,000 order, mix and match, they'll paint them whatever color you'd like. All the work is done in house, it's not that big of a deal.

[quote name='jimbonecrusher' post='2050441' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:46 PM']The funny thing is the cars. You don't make money on performance cars. They cost way too much to build unless you do all of the labor. Todd doesn't have the brains or the ability to put those cars together. He paid to have them put together, and there is nobody on this earth that is stupid enough to pay $100K for a Mustang that only makes 768 rwhp. You can build that car for $50k with the right parts and the right people doing the job.

I am glad that they have failed, and hope they never come back. There are too many people that need to be warned of this companies business practices, so they don't get taken.[/quote]

This is an excellent point. Unless you do all the work yourself you will never recoup your investment.

[quote name='jimbonecrusher' post='2050441' date='Nov 6 2009, 07:46 PM']The funny thing is the cars. You don't make money on performance cars. They cost way too much to build unless you do all of the labor. Todd doesn't have the brains or the ability to put those cars together. He paid to have them put together, and there is nobody on this earth that is stupid enough to pay $100K for a Mustang that only makes 768 rwhp. You can build that car for $50k with the right parts and the right people doing the job.[/quote]

Very true, this guy's father was my neighbor. [url="http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/"]http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/[/url]

He had a few really impressive Mustangs, and I remember him quoting your price range.

Some people are smart at making money, but dumb at spending it. Which in turns creates a market for almost anything these days. (Come on guys, the exact same shaft but in a different color for 33% more! Yet it happens all the time but with maybe not as much of a mark up. Does a Apple Lap Top in Black ring a bell?)

I do remember the MacBook Black. Only $200 more for the "macho users" needs.....as they put it.

Special paint jobs on many things opens the door for gouging the customer. From black matte photo

equipment to custom paint on cars. There are many people out there whose only concern is to be and

look different from everyone else and the cost of that, no matter how outrageous, has never been any

kind of obstacle.

MacBookBlack1.jpg

I'm a dealer. If you place a $100,000 order, mix and match, they'll paint them whatever color you'd like. All the work is done in house, it's not that big of a deal.

This is exactly what makes supplying the needs of those seeking to be special and different so lucrative and

worthwhile. From the pic below, it looks like BSG took advantage of what you are suggesting is true. I'll bet

BSG made a very nice profit from the Metallic Candy Lime shafts. If I was a stockholder in the company, that

would make me happy. Nothing illegal about charging exorbitant prices as long as it's OK with the OEM and a

custom paint job is the vehicle that allows that to happen. Good for the business and good for the customers

that have no problem footing the cost to be unique. Todd may be a miscreant to many, but, his idea of creating

a custom BSG shaft paint color was a good one. To bad he has rubbed so many people the wrong way because

he is a walking contradiction. There are so many people who undermine reason with a mental frailty.

Picture1-2175.jpg

[quote name='LowPost42' post='2047737' date='Nov 5 2009, 03:26 PM']This has gotta be right up there with the NXS_Nick pedophile thread out there.[/quote]

LMAO I have been thinking the same thing for pages now!! HAHA

MP-650 9.5° Rogue Silver 70X
TEE CB Pro 15.5° D+ 82X
XCG7 Beta 19° NV 85X
Cleveland CG1 Tour 3-pw DG X200
588 DSG RTG 52°/58° DG S300
Guerin Tour Spec 35"
Z-Star XV gen. 1

[quote name='ws6' post='2050653' date='Nov 6 2009, 11:58 PM'][quote name='jimbonecrusher' post='2050441' date='Nov 6 2009, 07:46 PM']The funny thing is the cars. You don't make money on performance cars. They cost way too much to build unless you do all of the labor. Todd doesn't have the brains or the ability to put those cars together. He paid to have them put together, and there is nobody on this earth that is stupid enough to pay $100K for a Mustang that only makes 768 rwhp. You can build that car for $50k with the right parts and the right people doing the job.[/quote]

Very true, this guy's father was my neighbor. [url="http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/"]http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/[/url]

He had a few really impressive Mustangs, and I remember him quoting your price range.
[/quote]

John "Fireball" Urist's father was your neighbor? John is a legend in the 10.5" Outlaw world. He builds some amazing cars. I met him back in 2000. He is a heck of a nice guy and makes huge amounts of power that actually results in great performance. Dwayne James' car was sick.

After 698 posts, this post is no longer about golf. We have a litany of those wronged by BSG. I appreciate those posts. We also have a bevy of repetitious cheerleaders.
It seems that Todd's business ethics were lacking. His short term business acumen was not. How one spends their money, is totally up to them. Especially on their enjoyment.
Is he anymore of a fool, than those who bought tour issue heads with candy lime shafts? Neither are fools. No guns were held to their heads. In most cases they were happy and
proud of the purchases that THEY COULD AFFORD! It made them happy. Would you consider, this is a major stretch to make a point, huge donations by philanthropists stupid and idiotic?
The main reason for spending like this is because THEY CAN! Does the word jealous come to mind? He lives in Las Vegas, nothing posted about his gambling?
I have never purchased anything from BSG. I did enjoy some of the information from the more knowledgeable posters, and the opportunity to be of help to some as well. Some of
the banter, with other members, was equally enjoyable. There are argumentative and annoying posters on both sites. In many cases, they don't know who they are.
I promised not to engage on this thread again. Keeping the bashing going, is certainly not taking the high road. Other than this thread, I am enjoying my time spent on GolfWRX.
If BSG comes back that is fine with me. If not, that is fine too. It is great having an interactive newspaper/magazine, where you can pick or start your own topics. There is certainly
enough room for another. I do prefer to keep the contents to golf.

[quote name='MightyMark' post='2050873' date='Nov 7 2009, 07:49 AM']After 698 posts, this post is no longer about golf. We have a litany of those wronged by BSG. I appreciate those posts. We also have a bevy of repetitious cheerleaders.
It seems that Todd's business ethics were lacking. His short term business acumen was not. How one spends their money, is totally up to them. Especially on their enjoyment.
Is he anymore of a fool, than those who bought tour issue heads with candy lime shafts? Neither are fools. No guns were held to their heads. In most cases they were happy and
proud of the purchases that THEY COULD AFFORD! It made them happy. Would you consider, this is a major stretch to make a point, huge donations by philanthropists stupid and idiotic?
The main reason for spending like this is because THEY CAN! Does the word jealous come to mind? He lives in Las Vegas, nothing posted about his gambling?
I have never purchased anything from BSG. I did enjoy some of the information from the more knowledgeable posters, and the opportunity to be of help to some as well. Some of
the banter, with other members, was equally enjoyable. There are argumentative and annoying posters on both sites. In many cases, they don't know who they are.
I promised not to engage on this thread again. Keeping the bashing going, is certainly not taking the high road. Other than this thread, I am enjoying my time spent on GolfWRX.
If BSG comes back that is fine with me. If not, that is fine too. It is great having an interactive newspaper/magazine, where you can pick or start your own topics. There is certainly
enough room for another. I do prefer to keep the contents to golf.[/quote]

I am not sure you read all the 698 posts. It has nothing to do with how people choose to spend their money. It has to do with "are the goods as described" and it most cases they are not described very accurately. Hopefully, this thread serves as a potential warning that has not been this public until now. People may think twice before purchasing said goods. You never spent money there so you got away unscathed, but MANY have been taken for rides. I didnt realize Buyer Beware and high road were different???

[quote name='smithjohnjr' post='2050882' date='Nov 7 2009, 08:03 AM'][quote name='MightyMark' post='2050873' date='Nov 7 2009, 07:49 AM']After 698 posts, this post is no longer about golf. We have a litany of those wronged by BSG. I appreciate those posts. We also have a bevy of repetitious cheerleaders.

I am not sure you read all the 698 posts. It has nothing to do with how people choose to spend their money. It has to do with "are the goods as described" and it most cases they are not described very accurately. Hopefully, this thread serves as a potential warning that has not been this public until now. People may think twice before purchasing said goods. You never spent money there so you got away unscathed, but MANY have been taken for rides. I didnt realize Buyer Beware and high road were different???
[/quote]
I read them. I don't think you read all of my post. This is no longer a buyer beware, it has become a Crusade. I think all the members have been warned, don't you agree? The OP asked is the other site done for good?
This has become a reply of " I hope so because..........". You are worried about the public, only one or two golfers that I know have ever heard of BSG or GolfWRX. If you want the public to be aware, you have to go beyond our membership. I don't think our membership needs to warned every few minutes.

[quote name='Siwash23' post='2049987' date='Nov 6 2009, 04:21 PM'][quote name='flogpro2252' post='2049207' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:57 AM']I can guarantee you Speirsy has no idea what is going on...If there is one thing Todd never was, it's forthcoming (or honest for that matter)...his mods were always in the dark, just like everyone else. The only ones who may have known anything were his "employees" and I use that term very loosely.

Todd looks to be running from a lot of things at the moment, not the least of which is his past...I doubt there is anyone that feels any sympathy right at this moment...[/quote]

There are not many comments on this post yet, but if this is the Flogpro I think it is, it is not a good sign for bsg being back up any time soon or ever. . . the original question in this thread and the first public post from a bsg mod.
[/quote]

It is that Flogpro, but I haven't been a mod on BSG for over a year now...As for BSG coming back? don't know...don't care really...this thread sure has been fun though! :partytime2:

[quote name='jimbonecrusher' post='2050849' date='Nov 7 2009, 06:09 AM'][quote name='ws6' post='2050653' date='Nov 6 2009, 11:58 PM'][quote name='jimbonecrusher' post='2050441' date='Nov 6 2009, 07:46 PM']The funny thing is the cars. You don't make money on performance cars. They cost way too much to build unless you do all of the labor. Todd doesn't have the brains or the ability to put those cars together. He paid to have them put together, and there is nobody on this earth that is stupid enough to pay $100K for a Mustang that only makes 768 rwhp. You can build that car for $50k with the right parts and the right people doing the job.[/quote]

[/quote]

John "Fireball" Urist's father was your neighbor? John is a legend in the 10.5" Outlaw world. He builds some amazing cars. I met him back in 2000. He is a heck of a nice guy and makes huge amounts of power that actually results in great performance. Dwayne James' car was sick.
[/quote]

Yes, John's father (Steve) was my neighbor. I have been to John's shop many times, they are great people with a real passion for fast cars. Dwayne is also very nice.

This is an i-wake - the internet version of an Irish wake and a true reunion. Lots of stories, reminisences, regrets, venting, resenting, getting back in touch and filling in some blanks.

That the possibility of his internet-demise elictes so many responses says something about the man but more about his outsized effect - there are elements of "rites of passage" in being banned from, or waking uo to and leaving BSG; "creation myths" in the 'tour only' justifications; heros and prophets, villains and monsters and more story lines than the Illiad and Odyssey put together.

Don't complain about the noise, friend; belly up to the bar and let me buy you a pint. Did I ever tell you about Todd's $20,000 club fitting offer?

Honma Beres 10.5*
Jones/Ortiz 4 wood 17*
Adams Idea Black CB2 irons 26, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45*
Callaway MD3 S grind 52, 56, C grind 60, PM grind 64*
Tom Slighter Custom Needle 450g, 3* loft, 74* lie (2006)
Tom Slighter Needle 360g, 4* loft, 72* lie (2012, backup)

[quote name='8thehardway' post='2050978' date='Nov 7 2009, 08:00 AM']This is an i-wake - the internet version of an Irish wake and a true reunion. Lots of stories, reminisences, regrets, venting, resenting, getting back in touch and filling in some blanks.

That the possibility of his internet-demise elictes so many responses says something about the man but more about his outsized effect - there are elements of "rites of passage" in being banned from, or waking uo to and leaving BSG; "creation myths" in the 'tour only' justifications; heros and prophets, villains and monsters and more story lines than the Illiad and Odyssey put together.

Don't complain about the noise, friend; belly up to the bar and let me buy you a pint. Did I ever tell you about Todd's $20,000 club fitting offer?[/quote]

Yes, I agree totally nice post. I don't know why people are angry, I find this whole internet soap opera laughable on a daily basis. Did you hear the one about Todd's mommy calling Tom Wishon?

[quote name='MightyMark' post='2050873' date='Nov 7 2009, 06:49 AM']After 698 posts, this post is no longer about golf. We have a litany of those wronged by BSG. I appreciate those posts. We also have a bevy of repetitious cheerleaders.
Is he anymore of a fool, than those who bought tour issue heads with candy lime shafts? Neither are fools. No guns were held to their heads. In most cases they were [b][size=3]happy[/size][/b] and
The main reason for spending like this is because THEY CAN![/quote]

..... HAPPY - Wow .... Well let me see - Trying to be glass half full (if that's possible) .... Happy ..... Hmmmmm ..... How about happy right up to the point when you figured out (A MAJOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! epiphany it was) - what it was you really bought vs what you thought it was .... Happy morphs VERY !!!!!!!!!! quickly with a little knowledge.

Mighty ... Just take it from a GIGANTICALLY INFORMED source .... I'm just gonna politely ask that you don't go down that path - unless ya walked it yourself ..... TRUST ME .... I know .... ALL GOOD on my side :friends: - Take that as I mean it.

[quote name='teddymolt' post='2051015' date='Nov 7 2009, 09:33 AM'][quote name='8thehardway' post='2050978' date='Nov 7 2009, 08:00 AM']This is an i-wake - the internet version of an Irish wake and a true reunion. Lots of stories, reminisences, regrets, venting, resenting, getting back in touch and filling in some blanks.

Don't complain about the noise, friend; belly up to the bar and let me buy you a pint. Did I ever tell you about Todd's $20,000 club fitting offer?[/quote]

Yes, I agree totally nice post. I don't know why people are angry, I find this whole internet soap opera laughable on a daily basis. Did you hear the one about Todd's mommy calling Tom Wishon?
[/quote]

Color me interested...

[quote name='MightyMark' post='2050873' date='Nov 7 2009, 06:49 AM']After 698 posts, this post is no longer about golf. We have a litany of those wronged by BSG. I appreciate those posts. We also have a bevy of repetitious cheerleaders.
This post isn't really about golf, now is it? Oh wait.........damn, neither is this one. :clapping: As long as people keep it within the parameters of what the mods have asked who cares? You didn't get taken for a ride by anyone so it costs you nothing to take the high road. You say that you are enjoying your time on this site except for this thread? My friendly advice would be don't read the thread then because there are hundreds of other threads to occupy your time. It's hard not to read this thread though, isn't it? Kind of like a car wreck.

[quote name='markheardjr' post='2049487' date='Nov 6 2009, 12:29 PM']eBay is blocked at work, but I was wondering if all their eBay ads still had their pictures up? I mean, if I owned a website, I would probably host my own ebay photo's from there. So if the site goes down, I would assume the hosted pics do as well? Unless they are really dumb and actually paid eBay to host the photo's for them.[/quote]

BSG stuff is still on Ebay found this by accident

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-TOUR-ISSUE-ADAMS-3070-DF-13-3-WOOD-EPIC_W0QQitemZ370285152096QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGolf_Clubs?hash=item5636b70760"]http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-TOUR-ISSUE-ADAMS-3...=item5636b70760[/url]

MP-650 9.5° Rogue Silver 70X
TEE CB Pro 15.5° D+ 82X
XCG7 Beta 19° NV 85X
Cleveland CG1 Tour 3-pw DG X200
588 DSG RTG 52°/58° DG S300
Guerin Tour Spec 35"
Z-Star XV gen. 1

I certainly don't want to pile on.....but. My first and only dealings with Todd went like this. I was interested in the hybrid/driving iron style long irons (TM Tour Preffered's) that were seen on tour before their retail release. I pm'd Todd and asked him about them. His response was that they tested terribly on tour, and would not be issued by TM due to their performance issues. Obviously, I was not interested at that point.
Fast forward about a year, and he is not only offering them, but singing their praises. Of course, "they really come to life with a high end Matrix shaft". It is this type of business practice that has hopefully sunk his ship.

[quote name='DRRicks' post='2051387' date='Nov 7 2009, 02:50 PM']I certainly don't want to pile on.....but. My first and only dealings with Todd went like this. I was interested in the hybrid/driving iron style long irons (TM Tour Preffered's) that were seen on tour before their retail release. I pm'd Todd and asked him about them. His response was that they tested terribly on tour, and would not be issued by TM due to their performance issues. Obviously, I was not interested at that point.
Fast forward about a year, and he is not only offering them, but singing their praises. Of course, "they really come to life with a high end Matrix shaft". It is this type of business practice that has hopefully sunk his ship.[/quote]

That would fit right in with what many are saying is BSG's modus operandi; TM probably had all these heads they want to unload and so they get bought and then suddenly, through the help of an Altus shaft they are the best thing since sliced bread. While it might not be illegal, it is at the very least shifty.

[quote name='DRRicks' post='2051387' date='Nov 7 2009, 04:50 PM']I was interested in the hybrid/driving iron style long irons (TM Tour Preffered's) that were seen on tour before their retail release. I pm'd Todd and asked him about them. His response was that they tested terribly on tour, and would not be issued by TM due to their performance issues. Obviously, I was not interested at that point. Fast forward about a year, and he is not only offering them, but singing their praises. Of course, "they really come to life with a high end Matrix shaft". It is this type of business practice that has hopefully sunk his ship.[/quote]

HAHA! Yeah... I have not seen one, not one, in play on the PGA Tour ever. His latest line was that TaylorMade had decided against a retail offering of this club, and as such it was withdrawn from tour use altogether, great club though. A likely story.

Also I think his exact words were, [i]they really come to life with a graphite shaft, much better performance. Don't get steel[/i]. Euphemism for, [i]I'm not going to stop until I see the whites of your pockets![/i]

[quote name='Socrates' 2 iron' post='2051378' date='Nov 7 2009, 03:42 PM'][quote name='MightyMark' post='2050873' date='Nov 7 2009, 07:49 AM']After 698 posts, this post is no longer about golf.[/quote]

In the words of White Goodman, Globo-Gym founder, [i]let me hit you with some knowledge![/i] This thread was never about golf, it was about BSG... and BSG was never about golf.
[/quote]
That is my point. GolfWRX is supposed to be about GOLF.

[quote name='MightyMark' post='2051511' date='Nov 7 2009, 05:45 PM'][quote name='Socrates' 2 iron' post='2051378' date='Nov 7 2009, 03:42 PM'][quote name='MightyMark' post='2050873' date='Nov 7 2009, 07:49 AM']After 698 posts, this post is no longer about golf.[/quote]

In the words of White Goodman, Globo-Gym founder, [i]let me hit you with some knowledge![/i] This thread was never about golf, it was about BSG... and BSG was never about golf.
[/quote]
That is my point. GolfWRX is supposed to be about GOLF.
[/quote]

yes but thi is the 19th hole
so it could be about moles tering your yard up. Its in the right place and there has been nothing un true said about todd. I figured out they were reading my pm .s with another member
Called them out on it and was banned, They were bound to fail

i

[quote name='shortknnok' post='2051528' date='Nov 7 2009, 05:59 PM']Its in the right place and there has been nothing un true said about todd. I figured out they were reading my pm .s with another member. Called them out on it and was banned, [b]They were bound to fail[/b][/quote]

Of course, we don't know if they have "failed" or not yet. This thread was started in an effort
to find out if BSG will be off the internet for good. This definitely has not been determined.

I did hear from one of the moderators that I got along with well and he said it is a server issue
and that BSG is going to be back shortly. Plus, this sentiment is being repeated by the powers
that be here at WRX, as stated in the below post by easyyy.

[quote name='easyyy' post='2050005' date='Nov 6 2009, 05:36 PM']I got a message that BSG will be up shortly, and as Gxgolfer said early on it is a server issue.[/quote]