Is the "other site" done for good? (Merged)

thepeak

[quote name='costamesagolfer' post='2044705' date='Nov 4 2009, 02:13 AM']Parbeater says he is just a lurker on both BSG and WRX. Yet all of his posts in a almost a year is in this thread. And being just a lurker just happened to be one of the few on this earth that have seen Todd and the BSG staff swing, and played golf with them, assuring us they are all very good golfers.

If this isn't Todd or one of the BSG crew I would be very surprised.[/quote]

Not a lurker. I had over 500 posts on BSG and was a member there since '05 I believe. Although, I have posted very little as of late. I have just never posted here since I joined the other site years before and it gave me all that I needed for the most part. I like coming here for the tournament bag pics and occasionally to read other threads, but never felt the need to post on both sites.

I just found this thread to be particularly interesting since I have made acquaintances with the guys at BSG, but by no means do I know them exceptionally well. Still, I am a bit surprised to hear everything that I have read here and am open minded enough to seek out the truth in things.

Of course, I should have figured that I would be accused of taking up for those guys or even being one of them since I am not willing to just pile on the hate because others say so.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='naylor' post='2044090' date='Nov 3 2009, 08:23 PM'][quote name='smithjohnjr' post='2043751' date='Nov 3 2009, 06:34 PM']Todd is a D-Bag crook. I get all the stuff about if people will pay then that is their problem. What I dont get is that people were paying based on lies. Why is that ok? [b]I also dont understand why soo many are willing to give DClown a pass. He was right in the middle of all of it, taking your money, lying about the products and smiling all the way to Toad's bank. He knew everything about what was going on and continued to profit from it.[/b] BSG is a joke and has been for a few years now. Since many of the members left, Benny Payless, JayLasVegas, Stage,. Rare and many others, it went downhill and has not been the same.. Just my .02[/quote]

Todd and his little sidekick essentially lied and stole money from hundreds if not thousands of people. I'm sure nobody with a handful of common sense gives either of them a free pass.
[/quote]
I dont disagree with you but read the first few pages of this thread, many talking about what a great and standup guy Dbag was.

[quote name='spookyfish' post='2044754' date='Nov 4 2009, 03:08 AM']Not sure why Todd's mother would need to ask Tom Wishon about her son's whereabouts as you can find him on google no problem, just type in Todd Thrun Las Vegas.[/quote]

I think the problem is that Todd Thrun might now be Todd Allen, an avid car collector and purveyor of what he thinks are fine automobiles.

[url="http://www.dragsport.com/issue/2009/1209_cover_story.shtml"]http://www.dragsport.com/issue/2009/1209_cover_story.shtml[/url]

[quote name='parbeater' post='2044663' date='Nov 4 2009, 01:39 AM'][quote name='Scotty_D' post='2043903' date='Nov 3 2009, 06:51 PM']Google bigstealer golf, there is evidence there, they say a picture is worth 1000 words. Also PM CaddyJoe on golfdiscussions.com for pictures of his wedge. If BSG was still up PM the guys who were part of the club testing program and ask if they got what they were promised. They were promised tour issue Solus wedges, half never got them, those that did were retail ones reshafted with hackjobs. There were several posts in frustration about that program that were deleted and guys were banned and topics removed, I was able to read 2 before big brother deleted them. I believe one of the guys has archived his PM's, emails and his original post before it was deleted (I cant remember the screen name). EDOE also posted pictures, he was then ridiculed and called crazy, he got his money back and they said that was great customer service, but it does hide the facts that the spidering and dings were overkill and it was a hack job. PM the guys from the original Big Dog Shootout as how many heads went down the fairway, ask them why there was pop up tape and how a +3 can sky a driver. Also ask the people who sent stuff in for the Big Dog and never received their stuff back. People helped Todd get his hands of stuff he couldnt get and he thanks them by keeping it for himself. Send an email to the company that they supposedly borrowed the Iron Byron from for the Shaft Shootout, it was never rented by them. Also if the site was up check the dates of the Shaft Shootout and the weather in Vegas at the time, the numbers were doctored to represent the stock BSG had. They had way too many x con 5's so it was a "surprising beast" :russian_roulette:

The evidence is there, its just been deleted and hidden in server outages and other circumstances. I am sure flogpro could attest to this but I wouldn't ask him too, in my dealings with him he's a great guy and he will tell you if he wishes. The few that have been able to make a copy of their posts or hit print screen they would have more cold hard evidence unfortunately BSG has been able to hide and remove much of this evidence.

Also I will admit Z-Golger and I were given a warning for something we were talking about in Private Messages, their definition of Private is for Todd to read. If BSG was still running I could show you the evidence unfortunately in this outage if it ever comes back all my inbox will have been lost.

You say you are neutral, I too was once in your shoes, but do some research and ask around. Ask OEMs what they really think of Todd. They been referred to as prostitutes as they can be bought to hype whatever and lemmings listen. No offence to ROBO but ask him what happened with the LV4. He started a craze, Cobra thanks him and BSG condemned him because its not tour and its not what they offer. TM lets them be because they can influence a lot of people and they can help create an internet craze, publicity is publicity[/quote]

The BigStealerGolf site is priceless. I mean, that says it all doesn't it? Come on dude. You seriously think that Todd is selling fake LCG heads all of this time and Callaway has never done anything about it? They must have a relationship of some sort with Callaway in order to have the X Tour irons that they sold Edoe or were those fake too? If they do have a relationship with Callaway, wouldn't they know if BSG was faking LCG heads? You think that a respectable OEM wouldn't do something about that? Anyone who takes what is on the Bigstealergolf website seriously is the biggest clown around.

I can't see how supposedly skying a driver or using pop up tape proves anything about ones business practices. Neither does a head flying off during the shootout. That wasn't a customers club from I can understand. So it's pretty irrelevant. I don't really care if Todd or any of the guys on BSG choose to lie about their handicaps either. I would like to hear or see solid proof that people are truly getting scammed and ripped off.

Now, the whole Edoe deal I do remember quite well. What a debacle that was to read. I'll say that I would not have been happy about receiving clubs like that either, but from what I recall Derek owned up to the mistake and they offered to take them back right away did they not? Or they at least offered to take care of it as soon as they were back online which was only several hours after the guy went nuts posting about it. The dude flipped out without even giving Todd, Derek, or Marcus a chance to respond. I realize that delivering a set of irons like that was a mistake on their part, but every company screws up at some point. The fact that they owned up to it, refunded the money, and took them back says nothing negative about their business to me. What else can you do?

[/quote]

On BigStealer I am refering more the evidence that was kept of rareguitar and the Tom Wishon debacles. There is some things on BigStealer that are true, as for the LCG heads I wouldn't put it past them. Just do me a favor and ask some of the older members why you cannot type Joe Kwok or Ari Techner on BSG...

I was told by many reliable and respectable sources that they were asked to grind TM 300 to look like Lehmans and other tour only profiles. When they declined they were banned, names censored and drawn through the mud...As I said previously in regards to rareguitar and Tom Wishon you will never find evidence of this unless the person who made BigStealer has copies of the posts but when you hear this story from dozens of people and people from several different circles that have no common thread other then this story you tend to believe it to be true. And the fact you cant even type Joe or Ari on BSG also makes me believe this is true. So in regards to the LCG heads you make the call. I can tell you with 100% truth that I sent them an 8.5 FT-i LCG for reshafting along with 2 adams idea pro heads, I am told they are all fake because I didnt get them from them. They then rescind on the Idea Pros but go on to say my FT-i is fake "know your source". Todd goes on the offer me a free replacement head (DTown let it slide on the phone that its because the retail LCGs are coming out they will be stuck with this stock). What could I do, they have my 8.5 head telling me its fake and I wasn't going to get it back. Anyway I get the replacement head that was made to fit me so well and it performs nowhere near my fake head and I never ever see the head and I have no idea if Callaway ever got it as that was what was supposed to happen. I then go onto ask them if they had herd anything from Callaway regarding my original head and I get a short abrupt answer. Again if BSG was still up and running I could quote you the PMs and even cut and paste them here.

You also chose to ignore some parts of my post.

Again I'll remind you, Z-Golfer and I are both paying members of the site, Insiders for those who dont know, so I would say if BSG is making money through membership fees it would be considered a business...I hope you agree with me here if not read this:
[quote]A business (also called a company, enterprise or firm) is a legally recognized organization designed to provide goods and/or services to consumers.[1] Businesses are predominant in capitalist economies, most being privately owned and formed to earn profit that will increase the wealth of its owners and grow the business itself. The owners and operators of a business have as one of their main objectives the receipt or generation of a financial return in exchange for work and acceptance of risk. Notable exceptions include cooperative enterprises and state-owned enterprises. Businesses can also be formed not-for-profit or be state-owned.[/quote] From wikipedia.

Anyway my point, in the thread regarding ROBOPTI's dudder Z, myself and Ronnie Coleman were having some fun inregards to ROBO and he is taking it like a man. Anyway Z and I get a PM from DTown asking us to stop having fun as a few members are being upset. Z and I exchange some PMs basically some people need to get their panties out of a knot. I then PM Derek and in his response there is a clear reference to the PM exchange between Z and I as he inadvertently used the exact words I said "I know you think the membership have their panties in a knot." Now your telling me it is a great business practice to read Private Messages. You can see the numerous articles about the violation of human rights for reading private messages and emails. And to save you a possible rebuttal I can understand intercepting PM's that involve criminal activity.

Anyway in your rose coloured glasses you will read this and interpret it the way you see fit. Trust me, I understand where you are coming from, I was there, just ask any of the GD guys when I defended BSG for their actions in regards to my FTi. That was until I did some research and experienced getting screwed over myself.

As for the quality of builds now, I would hope they are good, they've had enough practice and I would hope you would improve. I work at a menswear store once a week (mostly for the free clothes but thats neither hear nor there) anyway I've taught myself to use the tailors sewing machine and I can dart shirts. My first few attempts were febel but I practiced on old shirts of mine and now you can't tell the difference between the darts I do and the ones our Master Tailor does. The difference in my example, I admit I have no formal training in tailoring, I am no master tailor nor do I claim to be, and I will gladly take a picture of the shop and show you my equipment I use. As for the other guys ask them for any of the above in the open forum if it ever comes back online and see how long you last. Again quality business practices in my books :friends::friends:

As for skying a driver. When you claim to be a +3 and you are lying about that, what else are you lying about. Your handicap doesnt correlate to how good of club builder or fitter you are, typically your credentials and certifications do. Yet they wont provide these and it is clear to anyone who has played with them he is lying, so when does the lying and deceit stop? Just at the vanity handicap? You make the call.

Have you been reading this thread about people getting ripped off? You choose not to believe their word or want more evidence but you will believe BSG has many satisfied customers when you have no idea if the ones posting about how happy they are, are real people or not...

Would you not do the same thing in the EDOE situation? But then when he leaves you go on to belittle him. yes he may have deserved some of it, but the customer is always right...

[quote name='corky' post='2044905' date='Nov 4 2009, 06:48 AM']Is that the big thing coming?[/quote]

Don't forget, BSG is just one of his [b][i]FOUR[/i][/b] e-businesses, not to mention his hand in designing websites for, I'm sure, "upscale" clientele. If you do a little digging you can discover some of his others businesses, and they are quite humorous.

[url="http://hyboostperformance.com/store/index.php?main_page=contact_us"]http://hyboostperformance.com/store/index....page=contact_us[/url]

What's interesting is when you type Hyboost's address into google maps, what business does it say resides there?

Not sure why Todd's mother would need to ask Tom Wishon about her son's whereabouts as you can find him on google no problem, just type in Todd Thrun Las Vegas.

I think the problem is that Todd Thrun might now be Todd Allen, an avid car collector and purveyor of what he thinks are fine automobiles.

He changed his name?

2vb3ec7.jpgFail.gif24czcxx.gif

TaylorMade 2017 M1 440 8.5° Driver == Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade 2017 M2 Tour 15° FW == Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
Titleist 816H2 19° Hybrid == Veylix Rome 988 S+
Miura 1957 Small Blade 4-PW Irons == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM6 50°, 54°, 58° Custom Wedges == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Scotty Cameron "Cameron & Crown" M2 Putter
Nike RZN Tour Black Golf Balls

[quote name='teddymolt' post='2044849' date='Nov 4 2009, 07:02 AM'][quote name='spookyfish' post='2044754' date='Nov 4 2009, 03:08 AM']Not sure why Todd's mother would need to ask Tom Wishon about her son's whereabouts as you can find him on google no problem, just type in Todd Thrun Las Vegas.[/quote]

[url="http://www.dragsport.com/issue/2009/1209_cover_story.shtml"]http://www.dragsport.com/issue/2009/1209_cover_story.shtml[/url]
[/quote]

Toad joined one of my other forums this April, and on the second day he was there started posting up his car collection.

[url="http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/587618-few-pics-my-rides.html"]http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-...s-my-rides.html[/url]

[quote]The inside is lime green??? otherwise very nice collection.[/quote]

[quote name='Myfast' post='2044987' date='Nov 4 2009, 06:46 AM'][quote name='teddymolt' post='2044849' date='Nov 4 2009, 07:02 AM'][quote name='spookyfish' post='2044754' date='Nov 4 2009, 03:08 AM']Not sure why Todd's mother would need to ask Tom Wishon about her son's whereabouts as you can find him on google no problem, just type in Todd Thrun Las Vegas.[/quote]

[/quote]

Toad joined one of my other forums this April, and on the second day he was there started posting up his car collection.

[url="http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/587618-few-pics-my-rides.html"]http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-...s-my-rides.html[/url]

[quote]The inside is lime green??? otherwise very nice collection.[/quote]
[/quote]

This is always my favorite line:

[quote]What do you do for a living?[/quote]

[quote]Everyone always asks that. Might as well get it out of the way. :P

I own 4 companies..... Bombsquadgolf.com, Hyboost Performance, Insane Speed, and TAJ Luxury Imports.[/quote]

Taj Luxury Imports? Sweet.

Those posts of his cars are freaking hilarious. How much time did it take him to type out all the add-ons for each car? And then there's a couple of people joking about wanting Todd to adopt them and his reply is that if they're female, under 125lbs and between the ages of 18 and 25 he would consider it. What a ******. BTW, where did somebody find that pic of Ray Lewis a few posts up?

[quote name='elrey23' post='2045076' date='Nov 4 2009, 08:25 AM']Those posts of his cars are freaking hilarious. How much time did it take him to type out all the add-ons for each car? And then there's a couple of people joking about wanting Todd to adopt them and his reply is that if they're female, under 125lbs and between the ages of 18 and 25 he would consider it. What a ******. BTW, where did somebody find that pic of Ray Lewis a few posts up?[/quote]

You're welcome. :busted2:

Here's another fav. He's quite a bit larger as you can see.

Not sure why Todd's mother would need to ask Tom Wishon about her son's whereabouts as you can find him on google no problem, just type in Todd Thrun Las Vegas.

He changed his name?

2vb3ec7.jpgFail.gif24czcxx.gif

Ah, MBA-J I haven't seen any video avatars/clips from you in awhile. I love'em.

This whole thing reminds me a soap opera.........As the Golf Ball Turns...........

Speaking from a complete golf game stand point......no personal matters. My experience with BSG has been completely on the up and up. Played golf with all the staff but Todd on a few occasions and in no way have seen the infamous inflated handicaps that are rumored. All the club work they have performed for me has been flawless. In fact Hoss has gone over and above my expectations on a few incidents where I screwed up what I was asking for.

I am sure I will be chastised and told I am wrong by the "BSG Hate Posse", but it's my 2 cents.......

[quote name='HotWired' post='2045193' date='Nov 4 2009, 11:14 AM']It's nice to see where all your money went. A lot of you guys bought Matrix shafts from me, I drive a pickup truck. :tongue:[/quote]
Yep - gives you a really good idea of how much margin there was!!!

Also - did a quick google search for insane speed and this came up - not sure if it is the same type forum or even if related to Toad but interesting if it is

ZeroForum Error
This site has been suspended. Site administrator should contact [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZeroForum server at speedzilla.zeroforum.com

I know alot of people have been ripped off, bad interaction etc.. but honestly is it that important??

i found BSG first, before WRX, and when i signed up here i was simply a lurker. but as time passed, spy pics got better here, tour even coverage was better here, for the most part the membership seems more friendly here (although I did come across several great posters over there, a couple form my area too Scotty D and cardoustie come to mind). So one has survived, and one is offering excuses through some people (while still a member of that site i did not get an e-mail explaining why its been down for now over a week) as to why it has failed.

So lets not cry over why a diminishing site is now gone, sound good?

[quote name='BabyFAcedAssassin' post='2045264' date='Nov 4 2009, 10:46 AM']I know alot of people have been ripped off, bad interaction etc.. but honestly is it that important??

i found BSG first, before WRX, and when i signed up here i was simply a lurker. but as time passed, spy pics got better here, tour even coverage was better here, for the most part the membership seems more friendly here (although I did come across several great posters over there, a couple form my area too Scotty D and cardoustie come to mind). So one has survived, and one is offering excuses through some people (while still a member of that site i did not get an e-mail explaining why its been down for now over a week) as to why it has failed.

So lets not cry over why a diminishing site is now gone, sound good?[/quote]

That sort of kills the thread then. So no, that doesn't sound like a good idea to me. We should not make light of the people Todd conned, fleeced, burned, hosed, screwed, bled, cheated, defrauded, gouged, hustled, jerked around, milked, overcharged, ripped off, shafted, robbed, and swindled. Maybe this will save someone an unpleasant experience in the future; however, in any event, venting can be cathartic.

[quote name='kgk' post='2045372' date='Nov 4 2009, 09:37 AM'][quote name='BabyFAcedAssassin' post='2045264' date='Nov 4 2009, 10:46 AM']I know alot of people have been ripped off, bad interaction etc.. but honestly is it that important??

That sort of kills the thread then. So no, that doesn't sound like a good idea to me. We should not make light of the people Todd conned, fleeced, burned, hosed, screwed, bled, cheated, defrauded, gouged, hustled, jerked around, milked, overcharged, ripped off, shafted, robbed, and swindled. Maybe this will save someone an unpleasant experience in the future; however, in any event, venting can be cathartic.
[/quote]
So are you saying you would or would not buy something from Todd in the future?

[quote name='BabyFAcedAssassin' post='2045264' date='Nov 4 2009, 11:46 AM'][b]I know alot of people have been ripped off, bad interaction etc.. but honestly is it that important??
[/b]

I can see a career in retail isn't in your future.

[quote name='kal32473' post='2045415' date='Nov 4 2009, 01:00 PM'][quote name='BabyFAcedAssassin' post='2045264' date='Nov 4 2009, 11:46 AM'][b]I know alot of people have been ripped off, bad interaction etc.. but honestly is it that important??
[/b]

I can see a career in retail isn't in your future.
[/quote]

let me clarify. i am in no way defending his actions, when i say is it that important i mean us going on for 12 pages about someone who really should not matter that much.

I think alot of anomisty has grown from some members who have associated with "Bighitter" since the very old EZ Board days about 10 or more years ago. Alot of the new people may not have any idea about the old days and some of the priceless things that have occured over that span. It may seem to you newbies that people are just trashing this guy based on recent transactions and so forth. This is not the case for some of the "old pros".

Driver- TM 510 Tour
4 Wood- Titleist 970 Silver 17
Irons- PGA Diamondback Blades (RAW) 2 (20)- PW (52)
Sand Wedge- Scratch Don White 56
Lob Wedge- Scratch Don White 60
Putter- Titleist Bullseye (Cameron WGC Special)
Ball- Titleist Tour Speed

Guys, I was on Golf Opinions way back in like 2002 when he started pushing TM 300 Tour drivers.....GO booted him because he wanted them to pay him for his presence on the site. No Joke. He kept using their unbiased forum as a way to push his product and thought that was worth them paying him. When they said no, he started his own and sent almost every GO member a PM telling them to come to his site.....

The best way I know to describe BSG (and it's issues) is to think of the Ads you see in a magazine that look like a newspaper article. The only difference is that those ads have some fine print that tell the viewer it's an advertisement. There wasn't a disclaimer on BSG that told the viewer that opinions might be slightly biased.

That's the nicest thing I can possibly say....

[size=3]Taylormade SIM Max 10.5 Hzrdus Green 70[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade M4 3 wood - Tensei White Pro[/size]
[size=3]Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid 19 - Atmos Blue[/size]
[size=3]Titleist 816 H2 Hybrid 21 - Diamana D+[/size]
[size=3]Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-PW - $ Taper [/size]
[size=3]Callaway X forged 56, 60[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade TP Red-White Ardmore 2[/size]