2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Is the "other site" done for good? (Merged)

thepeak

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say my favorite was when someone bought a new club and magically gained 10 yards every time.........TODD and many others should be driving it easily over 400 by now....

Callaway Rogue 10.5* (D & -1*) w/ GD Tour AD-DI 6 Stiff
Callaway RFX 16.5* w/ Fubuki Tour 63g Stiff
Callaway RFX 21* w/ Fubuki Tour 73g Stiff
TaylorMade MC TP 4-PW w/ Aerotech i125cw Reg
Callaway PM 54* & 58*
Odyssey #9 Stroke Lab - 33"
The one's I hit into the woods and into the water.

I never bought anything from BSG, but I did attempt to communicate with Todd a few times regarding some general questions that I thought he might be able to provide some insight for, since he seemed to know so much. I wrote off the non-responses to his being busy, but now I'm starting to think that there were other reasons....like the fact that I don't have lime in my bag. That may not be the case, but hindsight being what it is.....

I will say that Zach (Commodity something) has always been a great guy over there, to me at least.

The final straw was when ROBO left. I loved that guy's posts & when I saw he was leaving, I knew that something was wrong. I still went there from time to time & browsed the BST. I was 'georgia golfer' over there. When I found WRX, it immediately became my golf info home! It's good to see so many of the people that I enjoyed over there posting here. I had no idea that 'petter7' is 'rebel', another good poster! Same with MBA-J, good to see you again, I had no idea that happened to you, that sucks. Z-Golfer, another good guy that I'm glad to see is over here.

Like I said way earlier in this post, my only hope is that the trolls from "over there" don't find there way over here. I don't post much, mostly because over there I didn't like giving some yahoo fodder to flame me from the comfort of the internet.

Does anyone recall the great deal that Todd offered his membership....maybe 2 or 3 months ago. It was a special membership...that ranged in price from somewhere around $1000 to $10000? I am not joking...I could not believe what I was reading...and of course there were immediate responses of how good of a deal it was since you get a discount on over priced tour equipment. This was probably when he realized it was over and it speaks to his morals if he really did know that and was fleecing his base.

[quote name='wolfgame' post='2042774' date='Nov 3 2009, 09:16 AM']Does anyone recall the great deal that Todd offered his membership....maybe 2 or 3 months ago. It was a special membership...that ranged in price from somewhere around $1000 to $10000? I am not joking...I could not believe what I was reading...and of course there were immediate responses of how good of a deal it was since you get a discount on over priced tour equipment. This was probably when he realized it was over and it speaks to his morals if he really did know that and was fleecing his base.[/quote]

I remember reading that. What a joke. As soon as it was posted people started saying how good a deal it was and that it paid for itself by the savings you would be getting. I remember lilikejr posting something about he would be all over that deal if he had the money and how good a deal it was. I miss that guy, he was a good cheerleader for BSG for sure. I do see some names from over there who have migrated here but I also think that there are some people from over there with different names here who just want to forget the whole thing ever happened.

I got a lot of very good info from the BSG site. Getting info on tour release clubs, shaft profiles, head characteristics was great.

I did get tired of the BSG attitude that asking probing questions about "tour clubs" or dissing them would not be tolerated.

I often wanted to ask what swing speed a person would need in order to justify hitting the heads that were designed for tour players, but I figured I better not.

The $100 dollars I spent to be an insider still bugs me, as I got absolutely no value from it. I joined thinking it would entitle me to the insider demo's, only to figure out later that you had to pay for them. My mistake.

I wondered how the Taylor Made adjustable face technology would effect their business, because I thought face bending was an important service to offer.

If they did come back I would still visit the site often to learn what I could from from knowlegeble posters like Petter7.

After more than a week of darkness, and 8 pages of this thread, it's becoming apparent that I will not be receiving the SQ 282 head, 2 Kai'li' shafts, and Tour Burner iron heads that I ordered and paid for.

I can live with that. I should have known better. Yes, I drank the cool-aid, and I had ordered TM heads a couple of years ago, none of which were as good as the SMT heads that have worked well for me.

This is all very interesting. It was time for me to move on, from an equipment standpoint.

So, the emperor had no clothes on.

Well, here I am, the new guy, and I hope to have a bit of fun with you all, from time to time. Ouch, the sting of getting fleeced.... :fool:

(Love the emoticoms over here!)

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

[quote name='gvogel' post='2043009' date='Nov 3 2009, 11:59 AM']After more than a week of darkness, and 8 pages of this thread, it's becoming apparent that I will not be receiving the SQ 282 head, 2 Kai'li' shafts, and Tour Burner iron heads that I ordered and paid for.

I can live with that. I should have known better. Yes, I drank the cool-aid, and I had ordered TM heads a couple of years ago, none of which were as good as the SMT heads that have worked well for me.

This is all very interesting. It was time for me to move on, from an equipment standpoint.

Well, here I am, the new guy, and I hope to have a bit of fun with you all, from time to time. Ouch, the sting of getting fleeced.... :fool:

(Love the emoticoms over here!)[/quote]

you're literally out all that equipment?

welcome :) its fun here

Was at both, no longer at BSG

Callaway PM 54* & 58*

or maybe he became a victim of the mortgage/credit CRUNCH?

Don't know anything for sure just throwing it out there......he was selling all his car claiming to get rid of the ones he didn't want anymore.....

Callaway PM 54* & 58*

[quote name='gvogel' post='2043009' date='Nov 3 2009, 11:59 AM']After more than a week of darkness, and 8 pages of this thread, it's becoming apparent that I will not be receiving the SQ 282 head, 2 Kai'li' shafts, and Tour Burner iron heads that I ordered and paid for.

Sorry to hear GV. Hope you do end up getting your stuff.

[quote name='ws6' post='2043024' date='Nov 3 2009, 11:05 AM']I am still amazed that Todd made enough money to buy (finance) all those high priced cars. Was that business really that profitable?[/quote]

Current theory is that his mom was a funding source for him ... apparently she was at one point trying to track him down via Tom Wishon.

Seriously.

[url="http://www.wishongolf.com/twforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9455"]http://www.wishongolf.com/twforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9455[/url]

LOL I bet they are just updating to the tour issue Windows 7

"Im Todd, and Windows 7 was my idea"

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

[quote name='TheVelvetCat' post='2042296' date='Nov 2 2009, 09:06 PM'][quote name='elrey23' post='2042222' date='Nov 2 2009, 10:27 PM']Website still down as of this post. If it ever does come back I can't wait to see the s*** storm that ensues[/quote]

:lol: You got me. I instantly envisioned both the scenes in [i]Airplane[/i] when the "sh^t hits the fan" and the movie [i]Kingpin[/i], "run for the hills everybody, there's a giant sh^t cloud headed this way."

And for the prior posts regarding additional popular golf forum names from Christmas past, how about....

PhilMickFan
leftyglfr
IndyHack
seasuks
fsmith84
MrAnderson
[/quote]

FPingtella aka pingman4 here, Beruo, CrazyCal, DemolitionMan and his boxes of random stuff for sale, KevCarter, Hifade, CGKansas1, Me haha, Speeder717 or 617, Pitbull808 (I think he used to be on BSG), MrParr1Noid, tickyboy (Not sure if he migrated from BSG or not), Lowzeysingledigit, robwai, doug, OmarVizquel, travoakley, Metalhead, KascoPro, 300tour...

I could keep going, memory fails me on who migrated and who didn't. Needless to say a lot of those guys have been around a long time and have seen a lot of stuff go down... This might bring back old memories...[url="http://www.golfdiscussions.com/yabbse/index.php?PHPSESSID=95625e43e8323627a78fa4b59d8da449&topic=64.0"]http://www.golfdiscussions.com/yabbse/inde...&topic=64.0[/url]

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

[quote name='markheardjr' post='2043112' date='Nov 3 2009, 09:55 AM'][quote name='TheVelvetCat' post='2042296' date='Nov 2 2009, 09:06 PM'][quote name='elrey23' post='2042222' date='Nov 2 2009, 10:27 PM']Website still down as of this post. If it ever does come back I can't wait to see the s*** storm that ensues[/quote]

:lol: You got me. I instantly envisioned both the scenes in [i]Airplane[/i] when the "sh^t hits the fan" and the movie [i]Kingpin[/i], "run for the hills everybody, there's a giant sh^t cloud headed this way."

And for the prior posts regarding additional popular golf forum names from Christmas past, how about....

PhilMickFan
leftyglfr
IndyHack
seasuks
fsmith84
MrAnderson
[/quote]

FPingtella aka pingman4 here, Beruo, CrazyCal, DemolitionMan and his boxes of random stuff for sale, [b]KevCarter[/b], Hifade, CGKansas1, Me haha, Speeder717 or 617, Pitbull808 (I think he used to be on BSG), MrParr1Noid, tickyboy (Not sure if he migrated from BSG or not), Lowzeysingledigit, robwai, doug, OmarVizquel, travoakley, Metalhead, KascoPro, 300tour...

I could keep going, memory fails me on who migrated and who didn't. Needless to say a lot of those guys have been around a long time and have seen a lot of stuff go down... This might bring back old memories...[url="http://www.golfdiscussions.com/yabbse/index.php?PHPSESSID=95625e43e8323627a78fa4b59d8da449&topic=64.0"]http://www.golfdiscussions.com/yabbse/inde...&topic=64.0[/url]
[/quote]

Wow if memory serves me correctly, wasn't KevCarter elected by a landslide as BSG's best member years ago? And now nowhere to be found over there.

[quote name='pfgplm' post='2043119' date='Nov 3 2009, 01:59 PM'][quote name='PixlPutterman ' post='2043077' date='Nov 3 2009, 09:38 AM']LOL I bet they are just updating to the tour issue Windows 7

"Im Todd, and Windows 7 was my idea"[/quote]

Masterful post, brilliant on so many levels
[/quote]
Thanks, it was a coincidence that the commercial was playing as i was reading this thread :D

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

[quote name='kgk' post='2043068' date='Nov 3 2009, 10:30 AM'][quote name='ws6' post='2043024' date='Nov 3 2009, 11:05 AM']I am still amazed that Todd made enough money to buy (finance) all those high priced cars. Was that business really that profitable?[/quote]

Current theory is that his mom was a funding source for him ... apparently she was at one point trying to track him down via Tom Wishon.

Seriously.

[url="http://www.wishongolf.com/twforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9455"]http://www.wishongolf.com/twforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9455[/url]
[/quote]

:shok: Wow, that sounds like the actions of an addict on the way to rock bottom.

I just think it's sad because the sight used to offer cool pics, insight and on the surface seemed reputable. Early on I was naive and believed a lot of what they said because at the time they were the only providers of those clubs and services. I never purchased any built club, but I did buy a couple clearance heads. What I don't understand is how they fell so far off the map. They don't even have a drop down menu, the threads in almost all forums are days old. I basically had enough when I knew more than them about Adams prototypes as I tested and was at the Tour Dept on a daily basis for 2 years and they would claim my data as wrong, per their "testing" or better yet what they got for a steal of deal from a company, alledgedly tested it and claimed it they best of the best. You can't really discredit his vision or his idea, I mean he did make a lot of money on the BST, Overcharging and Insider fees, but what I never got was how he could get a surplus of Tour Heads from Taylormade or another company from $75-$125 (Pretty much a basic cost for any head in the business) and they turn around and try to charge $1000. Just seems crazy and people would buy it. He is very TM biased because along with Fujikura, that's the companies that got him started. I think it's crazy that he would knock Japanese and Import stuff more recent because he didn't carry them and there were plenty of other places to purchase them, but several years ago he sold them, but the market caught on and he had to change his niche. A little secret of how he got his foot in the door with Adams, he offered to buy there previous years models at the company's hard cost and him doing so basically funded their Tour Dept. Pretty funny that he pushed all of those 2 to 3 year old 4060, 2080, 5050, 4250DF, 4555, 3070, ATour's (biggest scam and cult following ever, if you would just call Adams you could get these from a Custom Account) But a company that strived on "only carrying the best" should have been rephrased to "only carrying the best priced models that companies were willing to dump to us, so in turn we could gouge the Tour Equipment economy" :D

I have NO doubt that Todd will have BSG back up and running again soon, becuase we all know that even though he isn't screwing as many people as he once did, there were several "money bags" that he was still getting.

I do however believe....that If BSG is really gone for good, than that would be a "real" reason for a ""[b]BLACK TIE AFFAIR[/b]!!!!!!"" ;)

I just learned that my package arrived!
OK, here's the deal. If the SQ 282/Kai'li' lives up to expectations, which are, admittedly, very high, I'm still a believer. I did have a lot of fun over there. I also got the NOPE treatment - pretty savvy programming!

It was nice to find out about this site. I'll be around.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse