2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Is the "other site" done for good? (Merged)

thepeak

[quote name='elrey23' post='2039410' date='Nov 1 2009, 11:50 PM']I may have to check out that jeans thread.[/quote]

Make sure you're properly attired when you do. :good:

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Pal

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mat562' post='2039432' date='Nov 1 2009, 06:08 PM'][quote name='elrey23' post='2039410' date='Nov 1 2009, 11:50 PM']I may have to check out that jeans thread.[/quote]

Make sure you're properly attired when you do. :good:
[/quote]

I will, although I practiced putting for about an hour this afternoon and I had jeans on.

[quote name='ROBOPTI' post='2038581' date='Nov 1 2009, 10:42 AM']For Christ Sake ... Do we REALLY need to waste any of the server space of GolfWrx - talking about that TOTAL WASTE OF SERVER SPACE - P.O.S. site ........ REALLY .... Do we really need to

Has anyone not figured what that PILE OF HUMAN WASTE of a site is all about .... REALLY ..... NO REALLY ... REALLY !!!!!!!!!!

There are PLENTY of cool guys over there - but what that P.O.S. stands for - and you F**KING KIDDING ME .... What a joke

Ban stage1350 ... ARE YOU F**KING SERIOUS .... Why bcuz he called a Rose a Rose .... What a TOTAL joke

Unbelievable that this is even a thread still[/quote]

Dude, I wondered were you had gone! I used to go to BSG and read your reviews all of the time and then you were gone. I got banned over there and haven't been back. Good to see you are over here.

Cary

They were selling wedges for some ridiculous amount.....like $600 because they had a special "DTown Grind". Everyone was saying that it was a great deal. I questioned how good of a deal it was, since wedges cost $100. Banned until 2035.

I got the email with the explanation of their site being down and sent a response letting them know I was banned and the absurdity of it all.

I have never liked their site...for the same reasons posted in this thread...it was just in the forum rotation I had when surfing the internet. Golfwrx was always home.

[quote name='Tg007' post='2037512' date='Oct 31 2009, 02:24 PM']I find it interesting that i bought a three wood from Derek last week, he sent a paypal notice that it would be shipped on the 26th, and guess what .... no club, no response from e-mails, nothing. i guess whatever the problem is it must be big enough that they want to @#$% people.[/quote]

Are you serious? The 26th was Monday and he probably sent it by UPS ground which means you will get it tomorrow.

This thread is very interesting since most of the responses are from very active members at BSG.

I like this site the only problem I have with it is there are so many topics and posts it is very difficult to keep up with all of them. :ok:

[quote name='irvtrain' post='2039695' date='Nov 1 2009, 07:18 PM']there are so many topics and posts it is very difficult to keep up with all of them. :ok:[/quote]

I know. I wish the software had "Ignore Thread" and "Ignore Forum" buttons/options like many sites do so that you could cut down the number of posts that show up when you use the "New Posts" button.

PING G30 Driver/3w/2h
PING i20 4-U
PING Tour W 56/60
Cameron Select 2.5
PING Hoofer

[quote name='Manchild' post='2038001' date='Oct 31 2009, 06:31 PM']ahhaha fair enough! Has anyone ever played with any BSG guys cause I just cannot believe most of the claims![/quote]
I played with the members at an SCGA course event like 4 years ago...The guys were cool.

[quote name='wolfgame' post='2039693' date='Nov 1 2009, 06:17 PM']They were selling wedges for some ridiculous amount.....like $600 because they had a special "DTown Grind". Everyone was saying that it was a great deal. I questioned how good of a deal it was, since wedges cost $100. Banned until 2035.

I got the email with the explanation of their site being down and sent a response letting them know I was banned and the absurdity of it all.

I have never liked their site...for the same reasons posted in this thread...it was just in the forum rotation I had when surfing the internet. Golfwrx was always home.[/quote]

I was suspended for 2 weeks which actually was only 2 weeks. Then I was banned until Oct. 2008. Oct 2008 came and went and I was not un-banned. I emailed Todd and asked to be unbanned and he said he wanted a written formal apology. What a ******. For those of you that didn't read up on why I was banned. I got a matte blue Diamana in a Callaway driver for $199 on callawaypreownedgolf.com. I posted on BSG about the good deal. I was suspended for 2 weeks by Todd who sent me an email saying "If Callaway wants advertising they can pay for it." I was just trying to pass info along. When I get back online he has purchased most of the tour gear from their now defunct "pro spec" page and he was selling it for jacked up prices and said he had a new connection at Callaway. I called him out on his BS, said he took away a deal for BSG members. Got banned for like 3 years. Then he has the audacity to ask me for an apology... I have had a few names over on BSG. I was originally markheardjr there too, then 99problems, now something else. I doubt it's that hard to figure out, I talk about the same stuff there as I do here, even have the same signature for the most part... I only go there to see their latest kool-aid offering to see if I can find it cheap somewhere and sell for insane profit to those lemmings.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

[quote name='TheVelvetCat' post='2038042' date='Oct 31 2009, 08:53 PM']Ban Stage1350 for his comments in this thread? You seem intent on publicly defending BSG, otherwise, I would have sent this via PM. Regarding Stage1350, [i]allow me to retort.[/i]

You may not be aware of it, Rebel or Petter7 or whoever, Stage1350 has been a longtime, very helpful member on this site and others for several years. He was an early member in [b]very[/b] good standing on BSG – and I looked up to him and several other knowledgeable members when I first joined there four years ago. Whatever [i]your[/i] “join” date on BSG is, I will bet you a two inch ferrule that Stage1350’s join date is probably lower (unless that data got corrupted in one of the prior, mysterious “server upgrades”, too).

In my online observations, Stage1350 has always been quick to share his advice in threads where he can be of usefulness. For personal dealings - he has promptly and politely given me equipment advice very readily when I’ve asked for it via PM in the past on several topics. He also provided great advice to my golf buddy regarding a Bettinardi putter that Stage thought would fit the style he was searching for… In fact, my friend bags that putter to this day – and it’s all because of Stage’s helpful advice.

Furthermore, Stage1350 is a first-class club builder, who takes careful, deliberate pride in the quality and the craftsmanship of his work – on a limited, low key, private scale – for only friends and online acquaintances. I’ve read some rave reviews of his work - including some repairs and “corrections” for equipment previously acquired through the so-called “Tour” department of BSG.

Now, you may not “get” or enjoy Stage1350’s sense of humor or his posting “style.” His style of humor – and mine much of the time, for that matter – is more along the line of Eddie Murphy than it is of Bill Cosby. But I, and several others, “get” that posting style and humor, and I heartily enjoy it. If it’s not your cup of tea, I understand. Different strokes for different folks, right? Nonetheless, this is an open forum and “public decency” has been a moving target for generations. Skirt above the knees in 1916? THE HORROR! The mod team has cleaned up a comment from Stage that crossed the line. Issue resolved.

Finally, Rebel or Petter7 or whoever, I say it’s easy for you to judge Stage1350 – because you haven’t walked a mile in his shoes…Why does Stage1350 get fired up when it comes to the topic of BSG?

I know the answer. But I’ll leave it to you to send him a private message to find out for yourself – [b]if[/b] you’re open minded enough to actually listen. In fact, Stage1350 is a gifted, opinionated writer with an eye for detail and accuracy – much like his club work. You’ll probably enjoy his private musings. Private musings are, after all, what got him…

Well, I’ll let you find out for yourself - but given your leap to judgment so quickly, I wouldn’t blame Stage1350 for simply ignoring your PM. The truth falling on deaf ears, and whatnot.[/quote]
Wow....Stage must feel 10 feet tall after reading that. :clapping:

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

[quote name='Asleep' post='2039772' date='Nov 1 2009, 08:50 PM'][quote name='TheVelvetCat' post='2038042' date='Oct 31 2009, 08:53 PM']Ban Stage1350 for his comments in this thread? You seem intent on publicly defending BSG, otherwise, I would have sent this via PM. Regarding Stage1350, [i]allow me to retort.[/i]

You may not be aware of it, Rebel or Petter7 or whoever, Stage1350 has been a longtime, very helpful member on this site and others for several years. He was an early member in [b]very[/b] good standing on BSG – and I looked up to him and several other knowledgeable members when I first joined there four years ago. Whatever [i]your[/i] “join” date on BSG is, I will bet you a two inch ferrule that Stage1350’s join date is probably lower (unless that data got corrupted in one of the prior, mysterious “server upgrades”, too).

In my online observations, Stage1350 has always been quick to share his advice in threads where he can be of usefulness. For personal dealings - he has promptly and politely given me equipment advice very readily when I’ve asked for it via PM in the past on several topics. He also provided great advice to my golf buddy regarding a Bettinardi putter that Stage thought would fit the style he was searching for… In fact, my friend bags that putter to this day – and it’s all because of Stage’s helpful advice.

Furthermore, Stage1350 is a first-class club builder, who takes careful, deliberate pride in the quality and the craftsmanship of his work – on a limited, low key, private scale – for only friends and online acquaintances. I’ve read some rave reviews of his work - including some repairs and “corrections” for equipment previously acquired through the so-called “Tour” department of BSG.

Now, you may not “get” or enjoy Stage1350’s sense of humor or his posting “style.” His style of humor – and mine much of the time, for that matter – is more along the line of Eddie Murphy than it is of Bill Cosby. But I, and several others, “get” that posting style and humor, and I heartily enjoy it. If it’s not your cup of tea, I understand. Different strokes for different folks, right? Nonetheless, this is an open forum and “public decency” has been a moving target for generations. Skirt above the knees in 1916? THE HORROR! The mod team has cleaned up a comment from Stage that crossed the line. Issue resolved.

Finally, Rebel or Petter7 or whoever, I say it’s easy for you to judge Stage1350 – because you haven’t walked a mile in his shoes…Why does Stage1350 get fired up when it comes to the topic of BSG?

I know the answer. But I’ll leave it to you to send him a private message to find out for yourself – [b]if[/b] you’re open minded enough to actually listen. In fact, Stage1350 is a gifted, opinionated writer with an eye for detail and accuracy – much like his club work. You’ll probably enjoy his private musings. Private musings are, after all, what got him…

Well, I’ll let you find out for yourself - but given your leap to judgment so quickly, I wouldn’t blame Stage1350 for simply ignoring your PM. The truth falling on deaf ears, and whatnot.[/quote]
Wow....Stage must feel 10 feet tall after reading that. :clapping:
[/quote]

Only when I'm laying down... ;) Yet I still pale in comparison to a guy named Waylon. :8.75:

Personally, I never had a problem with the majority of the membership. Even some of mods like Davey and Lefty were cool. It was the guys that felt compelled to toe the company line over there that got old fast. (I find that to be the case on a lot of subjects... :rolleyes: ) I got to witness an impressionable young guy that enjoyed golf turn into someone whose arrogance made me seem like an angel. I've read many emails that they wrote to people and their professional demeanor was going to bite them in the a$$ eventually. Whenever they finally get the computer balanced on the Igloo again, their membership will continue to dwindle. Honestly, how many people are going to re-register again?

The good news is that the membership, which is where the best information came from, has migrated here. There is nothing that site can offer me anymore aside from a few laughs when I read about the car section, the lifetime Insider memberships, or the shower facilities at Dragon Ridge.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='MBA-J' post='2038858' date='Nov 1 2009, 11:11 AM']You never WANT someone to be unemployed, but... well... I wouldn't need Nyquil tonight if I found out that Hossonmoss had to go back to NC.

I'm just saying.[/quote]

Is that because of the grooves vertical/horizontal thread? Hoss can be a arrogant ***** most of the time over there.

DTown was the biggest reason I really liked BSG to begin with but now that someone who is as helpful and knowledgable is gone it has taken away a lot of appeal from the site. There are still several members I whose opinions I respect and always try to make a point of reading them and why I do hope the site does get up and running again.

Kudos to GxGolfer for this thread and running the most popular site on the net! :good:

[quote name='bjrapper' post='2038510' date='Nov 1 2009, 09:29 AM'][quote name='rebels68' post='2038170' date='Oct 31 2009, 11:22 PM'][quote name='TheVelvetCat' post='2038042' date='Oct 31 2009, 10:53 PM'][quote name='rebels68' post='2037196' date='Oct 31 2009, 12:25 PM']I think Gxgolfer should ban stage1350 and then lock this thread up.[/quote]

Ban Stage1350 for his comments in this thread? You seem intent on publicly defending BSG, otherwise, I would have sent this via PM. Regarding Stage1350, [i]allow me to retort.[/i]

You may not be aware of it, Rebel or Petter7 or whoever, Stage1350 has been a longtime, very helpful member on this site and others for several years. He was an early member in [b]very[/b] good standing on BSG – and I looked up to him and several other knowledgeable members when I first joined there four years ago. Whatever [i]your[/i] "join" date on BSG is, I will bet you a two inch ferrule that Stage1350's join date is probably lower (unless that data got corrupted in one of the prior, mysterious "server upgrades", too).
[/quote]

You mean probably [i]earlier,[/i] right? :lol:

I first found BSG in the spring of 2004, but, who really cares about that?? I sure don't.

I think it's great what stage1350 has done for you and others. That's all well and good,
but you are completely ignoring the fact that he spoke disrespectfully and with intent to
degrade a quality, professional individual. And, from what you are saying, it was done
for some sort of amusement. In this particular case he slipped up because he did the
very thing that he hates about Todd. Hard to overlook that, especially when he had to
utilize a reference as repulsive as Dirty Sanchez. Not too much humor in that. [b]I am not
defending BSG, I'm trying to stand up for someone that deserves our respect. [/b]The same
kind of respect you are giving to your friend right now.

I'm sure stage1350 is certainly a good guy, as you state, but, in this instance, I would
think if he is that good of guy he would be able to appreciate his poor choice of words.

Have a good night all. :friends:
[/quote]

What on earth has he done to earn our respect? There are records all over the internet of his hucksterism, lies, deceit, heavy-handedness, poor workmanship, etc. etc. He is disrespectful, condescending and an authoritarian. I see nothing that warrants any respect.
[/quote]

+1

Increasingly, I suspect that this is deliberate and BSG will relaunch shortly. As for the reasons why this was done I can only speculate, but my guy feeling is that the following has something to do with with what has come to pass:

1) Eliminate a growing number of contrary, dissenting and potentially damaging forum threads and posts. Some six months ago a LOT of people were questioning Todd and BSG over all manner of things - the withdrawal of Adams and Callaway, the neutrality of BSG, treatment of former members such as Robo, lack of activity and the decline in content, and the list of grievances really does just go on. Threads, or posts, like this were very much a daily occurrence and I suspect quashing such widespread dissent would have done more harm than good. So bring the servers down, call it a crash, call it a data issue and start afresh.

2) Eliminate a growing number of favorable reviews for non-BSG products. For example, and again, in the last 6 months there were a LOT of threads, or posts, singing high praise for the Cobra S9-1 Pro line, particularly the Pro-D driver, for the new line of UST Mamiya shafts, and more recently for the Ping i15 driver. There are numerous other examples of this; these posts just kept emerging, so much so that they began to drown-out announcements and reviews of BSG products. Again, bad for business but so great in number that an en masse cull of such topics probably would have done more harm than good. Likewise, bring the servers down, call it a crash, call it a data issue and start afresh.

3) Removal of problem members. Increasingly dissenters were more active and more outspoken, some even reaching quite a high profile among the membership. Banning these guys just looks bad, and my guess is that when BSG actually relaunches a LOT of email address will be blocked upon registration.

4) BSG Insider cash grab. I don't know what form this will take, but I suspect this is also part of it. Either existing or former BSG Insider memberships will be revoked, forcing everyone to re-subscribe and make payment all over again, or there will be some sort of modified BSG Insider program granting conditional status to former members with the catch of requiring them to re-subscribe at some point in the very near future. Easy money for a business that so obviously appeared to be hurting.

Davey is definitely the best Mod they had. Also, interesting to find out that Derek has been on here.

God Bless
Jer

PXG 3011X Gen 4 w/ ????
M5 T.I. 14* w/ Aldila STX Tour Green 85TX
????
4-PW Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro w/ Modus 130X
52* Cobra MIM/ Modus 130X
58* TM Hi Toe w/ Modus 130X
64* TM Hi Toe w/ Modus 130X
???? w/BGT Stability Shaft/Tour Quad Proto

[quote name='Dr. Bombay' post='2039913' date='Nov 1 2009, 11:03 PM'][quote name='bjrapper' post='2038510' date='Nov 1 2009, 09:29 AM'][quote name='rebels68' post='2038170' date='Oct 31 2009, 11:22 PM'][quote name='TheVelvetCat' post='2038042' date='Oct 31 2009, 10:53 PM'][quote name='rebels68' post='2037196' date='Oct 31 2009, 12:25 PM']I think Gxgolfer should ban stage1350 and then lock this thread up.[/quote]

Ban Stage1350 for his comments in this thread? You seem intent on publicly defending BSG, otherwise, I would have sent this via PM. Regarding Stage1350, [i]allow me to retort.[/i]

You may not be aware of it, Rebel or Petter7 or whoever, Stage1350 has been a longtime, very helpful member on this site and others for several years. He was an early member in [b]very[/b] good standing on BSG – and I looked up to him and several other knowledgeable members when I first joined there four years ago. Whatever [i]your[/i] "join" date on BSG is, I will bet you a two inch ferrule that Stage1350's join date is probably lower (unless that data got corrupted in one of the prior, mysterious "server upgrades", too).
[/quote]

You mean probably [i]earlier,[/i] right? :lol:

I first found BSG in the spring of 2004, but, who really cares about that?? I sure don't.

I think it's great what stage1350 has done for you and others. That's all well and good,
but you are completely ignoring the fact that he spoke disrespectfully and with intent to
degrade a quality, professional individual. And, from what you are saying, it was done
for some sort of amusement. In this particular case he slipped up because he did the
very thing that he hates about Todd. Hard to overlook that, especially when he had to
utilize a reference as repulsive as Dirty Sanchez. Not too much humor in that. [b]I am not
defending BSG, I'm trying to stand up for someone that deserves our respect. [/b]The same
kind of respect you are giving to your friend right now.

I'm sure stage1350 is certainly a good guy, as you state, but, in this instance, I would
think if he is that good of guy he would be able to appreciate his poor choice of words.

Have a good night all. :friends:
[/quote]

[b]What on earth has he done to earn our respect? [/b]There are records all over the internet of his hucksterism, lies, deceit, heavy-handedness, poor workmanship, etc. etc. He is disrespectful, condescending and an authoritarian. I see nothing that warrants any respect.
[/quote]
+1
[/quote]

Dr. B, bjrapper misinterpreted who I was talking about. I was NOT talking about Todd!!

I understand his disdain for Todd, but he was replying to the highlighted sentence in my
post and he thought I was asking for his respect for Todd. Not so.

On a lighter note, no mention of Lilikejr? Gotta love that kid; seemed like a nice guy, full of enthusiasm.

Although, I always found it amusing how he so readily volunteered to fit people, or provide advice, for heads and shafts he'd never even seen, let alone hit, let alone had meaningful experience with HAHA! [i]Spinning the ball too much? You probably need a SuperQuad 282 with Matrix Ozik TP7HD, 6 degrees of loft, tipped 5 inches with a whole tube of hot-melt. Irons launching too high? Tripple hard-step a set of Dynamic Gold Tours and tip them 4 inches, should do the trick[/i].

He was like Bighitter's mini-me, I miss that kid :D

[quote name='Socrates' 2 iron' post='2040001' date='Nov 2 2009, 01:19 AM']On a lighter note, no mention of Lilikejr? Gotta love that kid; seemed like a nice guy, full of enthusiasm.

Although, I always found it amusing how he so readily volunteered to fit people, or provide advice, for heads and shafts he'd never even seen, let alone hit, let alone had meaningful experience with HAHA! [i]Spinning the ball too much? You probably need a SuperQuad 282 with Matrix Ozik TP7HD, 6 degrees of loft, tipped 5 inches with a whole tube of hot-melt. Irons launching too high? Tripple hard-step a set of Dynamic Gold Tours and tip them 4 inches, should do the trick[/i].

He was like Bighitter's mini-me, I miss that kid :D[/quote]
Yes. Cool kid and awesome avatars. :D
I think he's a college student.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

[quote name='irvtrain' post='2039906' date='Nov 2 2009, 12:00 AM'][quote name='MBA-J' post='2038858' date='Nov 1 2009, 11:11 AM']You never WANT someone to be unemployed, but... well... I wouldn't need Nyquil tonight if I found out that Hossonmoss had to go back to NC.

I'm just saying.[/quote]

Is that because of the grooves vertical/horizontal thread? Hoss can be a arrogant ***** most of the time over there.

DTown was the biggest reason I really liked BSG to begin with but now that someone who is as helpful and knowledgable is gone it has taken away a lot of appeal from the site. There are still several members I whose opinions I respect and always try to make a point of reading them and why I do hope the site does get up and running again.

Kudos to GxGolfer for this thread and running the most popular site on the net! :good:
[/quote]

Some of the issues that have been brought up I can see for myself and understand to a degree. Others though, I don't qiute get. I'm not trying to take up for any of the guys at BSG, but I have met them on a few occasions and I get quite the opposite impression that so many of you have.

Questions about their playing abilities is one thing that I don't understand unless any of you have played with them. I have and they are better players than 99% of the guys sitting around any message board.

Talks about the poor craftsmanship. Marcus has actually done some club work for me a couple of times and the work is nothing short of exceptional.

Questionable business practices are brought up, but I'm not really sure exactly what beef everyone has with BSG. They sell pretty expensive tour heads and high end shafts. Big deal. If people choose to buy that stuff from them, I don't see the issue. They seem to have a lot of very happy customers. The really funny thing is that I see a lot guys on this site playing tour issue equipment and Matrix shafts. So, is the issue that they run a business and make a profit? Seems like a lot guys are just bitter about the prices more than anything. I can't afford to buy $1,000 drivers every year, but I don't see a point in criticizing those who can or those who sell them.

And now it's come down to Hoss being an arrogant ***** or Todd is an a$$, etc. What I am really wondering is how many of you have actually met these guys and found this to be true. Not judging someone by how they come across online, but actually meeting and getting to know them somewhat. I can say having met Todd once, Marcus and Austin on a couple of occasions that they are as personable as anyone that I have ever met. I certainly don't know them all that well, but I certainly didn't get the impression that most of you guys have though you probably have never dealt with them personally.

It just sounds like there are a few who are very sour over some petty stuff that happened on a website selling and discussing golf equipment. I have read some accurate comments about BSG in general that I would completely agree with, but most of this thread completely lacks any kind of perspective in my opinion.

[quote name='parbeater' post='2040078' date='Nov 2 2009, 12:32 AM'][quote name='irvtrain' post='2039906' date='Nov 2 2009, 12:00 AM'][quote name='MBA-J' post='2038858' date='Nov 1 2009, 11:11 AM']You never WANT someone to be unemployed, but... well... I wouldn't need Nyquil tonight if I found out that Hossonmoss had to go back to NC.

I'm just saying.[/quote]

[/quote]

Some of the issues that have been brought up I can see for myself and understand to a degree. Others though, I don't qiute get. I'm not trying to take up for any of the guys at BSG, but I have met them on a few occasions and I get quite the opposite impression that so many of you have.

Questions about their playing abilities is one thing that I don't understand unless any of you have played with them. I have and they are better players than 99% of the guys sitting around any message board.

Talks about the poor craftsmanship. Marcus has actually done some club work for me a couple of times and the work is nothing short of exceptional.

Questionable business practices are brought up, but I'm not really sure exactly what beef everyone has with BSG. They sell pretty expensive tour heads and high end shafts. Big deal. If people choose to buy that stuff from them, I don't see the issue. They seem to have a lot of very happy customers. The really funny thing is that I see a lot guys on this site playing tour issue equipment and Matrix shafts. So, is the issue that they run a business and make a profit? Seems like a lot guys are just bitter about the prices more than anything. I can't afford to buy $1,000 drivers every year, but I don't see a point in criticizing those who can or those who sell them.

And now it's come down to Hoss being an arrogant ***** or Todd is an a$, etc. What I am really wondering is how many of you have actually met these guys and found this to be true. Not judging someone by how they come across online, but actually meeting and getting to know them somewhat. I can say having met Todd once, Marcus and Austin on a couple of occasions that they are as personable as anyone that I have ever met. I certainly don't know them all that well, but I certainly didn't get the impression that most of you guys have though you probably have never dealt with them personally.

It just sounds like there are a few who are very sour over some petty stuff that happened on a website selling and discussing golf equipment. I have read some accurate comments about BSG in general that I would completely agree with, but most of this thread completely lacks any kind of perspective in my opinion.
[/quote]
No offense but you've been here awhile and you use your 3rd post to make this point? Maybe because you've been on BSG the whole time? If you want to defend them, that's fine and you almost had me but you indicated a little too much. You don't have to lay it on so thick. We get it, they're great guys who wouldn't hurt a fly. Meeting someone once doesn't really give a full picture of that person. Yes, they have a right to sell overpriced product but we as consumers also have a right to make others aware of that fact and then they can make up their own mind. Must be all that space age metal they use on Tour clubs. That's gotta be why they cost so much, right?

[quote name='elrey23' post='2040090' date='Nov 2 2009, 02:48 AM'][quote name='parbeater' post='2040078' date='Nov 2 2009, 12:32 AM'][quote name='irvtrain' post='2039906' date='Nov 2 2009, 12:00 AM'][quote name='MBA-J' post='2038858' date='Nov 1 2009, 11:11 AM']You never WANT someone to be unemployed, but... well... I wouldn't need Nyquil tonight if I found out that Hossonmoss had to go back to NC.

I'm just saying.[/quote]

[/quote]

And now it's come down to Hoss being an arrogant ***** or Todd is an a$, etc. What I am really wondering is how many of you have actually met these guys and found this to be true. Not judging someone by how they come across online, but actually meeting and getting to know them somewhat. I can say having met Todd once, Marcus and Austin on a couple of occasions that they are as personable as anyone that I have ever met. I certainly don't know them all that well, but I certainly didn't get the impression that most of you guys have though you probably have never dealt with them personally.

[/quote]
No offense but you've been here awhile and you use your 3rd post to make this point? Maybe because you've been on BSG the whole time? If you want to defend them, that's fine and you almost had me but you indicated a little too much. You don't have to lay it on so thick. We get it, they're great guys who wouldn't hurt a fly. Meeting someone once doesn't really give a full picture of that person. Yes, they have a right to sell overpriced product but we as consumers also have a right to make others aware of that fact and then they can make up their own mind. Must be all that space age metal they use on Tour clubs. That's gotta be why they cost so much, right?
[/quote]

I have been on both sites for a while. I used to post some on BSG when I first joined a few years ago, but have pretty much just lurked both places as of late. Like I said, I have no reason to defend anyone. Someone asked if anyone had actually played with the guys at BSG and I have. Just figured that I would offer up some facts. I'm certainly not the best of friends with any of them, but I have met them on more than one occasion. I thought that I would offer up my experiences for those interested since it seems like no one else here has had any kind of real interactions and there is so much speculation going on. I could be completely wrong about everything that I said, but I would think that being around someone for hours in several instances would give me a more accurate insight than others likely have. You can just take that for what it's worth.

[quote name='parbeater' post='2040099' date='Nov 2 2009, 02:12 AM']I have been on both sites for a while. I used to post some on BSG when I first joined a few years ago, but have pretty much just lurked both places as of late. Like I said, I have no reason to defend anyone. Someone asked if anyone had actually played with the guys at BSG and I have. Just figured that I would offer up some facts. I'm certainly not the best of friends with any of them, but I have met them on more than one occasion. I thought that I would offer up my experiences for those interested since it seems like no one else here has had any kind of real interactions and there is so much speculation going on. I could be completely wrong about everything that I said, but I would think that being around someone for hours in several instances would give me a more accurate insight than others likely have. You can just take that for what it's worth.[/quote]

I'm interested in what you have to say parbeater because you are speaking from actual time spent with the BSG staff.
It is obvious that Todd has written things that have really infuriated many people & he has alienated a significant number
of former BSG members. I certainly do not condone that kind of treatment of anyone.

On the other hand, I have never heard one person complain or give a negative review after experiencing a fitting with the
guys at BSG. Most everyone who has had a fitting in Vegas has spoken in glowing terms how well it was conducted & how
much they benefited from the experience. And, I'm not talking about the BSG in-crowd either, just regular members who
decided to spend the money to go to Vegas and get fitted. There was a guy (can't recall his screen name) who made a big
stir in the open forum when he complained about hairline, spider cracking in the hosels of his BSG bought Cally irons. He
did this before contacting BSG to tell them about the problem and there was a very negative exchange before the problem
was resolved. That's the only really bad thing I can remember happening over there, everything else was always small &
very minor arguments where people took things personally and fed off their emotions. Never a good thing.

I can sympathize with those that have been wronged by Todd and BSG, and those that feel they will never get any kind
of satisfactory retribution and want to vent their frustrations. I can't blame them for that. One of the complaints I don't
understand is why would anyone slight Todd for trying to sell his goods in anyway he can. If I had 500 expensive shafts
leaning up against my wall, I certainly would aggressively promote the sale of them. If he is lying about the heads he is
selling and misrepresenting his products, then someone should set in motion legal proceedings. At least file a complaint
with the BBB.

It has always amazed me how people out in the real world are completely unaware of both BSG and WRX. I spend a lot
of time with many different people in the golf industry and as a teacher, I get to interact with many golfers from all around
the world down here in Florida. I have only met two people in four years that actually knew about BSG. I have not met a
golfer who has heard about WRX yet. When I turn off my computer and head out the door, these golf forums are not on
my mind any more. At one time I really promoted BSG and WRX and told people to log on and check them out. None did
that. Most people are unconcerned about forums such as these and all the trials and tribulations that go on here and at
BSG really have no baring out there in society. I think we are a very unique and small community and as time goes by
our relating should become more amiable. At least I hope so.

Thanks for your initial post parbeater, it gives the thread some sincere honesty and a better balance of pro and con.

[quote name='parbeater' post='2040078' date='Nov 2 2009, 02:32 AM']So, is the issue that they run a business and make a profit? Seems like a lot guys are just bitter about the prices more than anything. I can't afford to buy $1,000 drivers every year, but I don't see a point in criticizing those who can or those who sell them.[/quote]

I don't think any reasonable person has an issue with the type of business they do, in theory at least, but rather... how they do it.

[quote name='rebels68' post='2040122' date='Nov 2 2009, 04:35 AM']If I had 500 expensive shafts leaning up against my wall, I certainly would aggressively promote the sale of them.[/quote]

See, there's an arbitrary point here; the point at which representations becomes misrepresentations, and so far as I'm concerned it is/was crossed all too often at BSG.

[quote name='TheVelvetCat' post='2040013' date='Nov 2 2009, 12:31 AM'][quote name='slicktry' post='2039980' date='Nov 1 2009, 11:52 PM']Davey is definitely the best Mod they had.

God Bless
Jer[/quote]

Agreed.
[/quote]
No question Davey is the best over there. He really doesn't fit in with the rest of the hucksters.

Here is a few old posts of D-Clowns that were back from the GO days when they were on it its funny how they went from this to Master fitters..

I wanted to get some raw data though before I went and paid for another shaft change. They have the Golf Achiever launch monitor at the store and it looks very nice and high tech. You can even see the lasers around the hitting area. Everything is hooked up to a computer which lists swing path, clubface angle, spin, ball speed, swing speed, launch angle, distance, and shows a path of your ball.

After 15 driver swings the results were tabulated:

Swing Speed: 92 mph +/- 3 mph (highest was 97, lowest 88)
Ball Speed: 126 mph +/- 4 mph (highest was 131, lowest 122)
Spin: 2300-2400 rpm
Launch Angle: 21º +/- 3º!!!!!!!! :mad: :eek:(highest 25, lowest 20)

My launch angle is HUGE! Optimal is probably in the 14º range and I was launching it in the 21º area!!! I knew the Harmon was hitting the ball too high and now my results prove this. My spin numbers with the GBBII head and Hogan ball were great. Swing speed was a little low but if I really went after it I could get it up to around 97 mph. I have a smash factor of 1.38 (126/92) which is real nice as well. Now I need to find a shaft that will bring down my launch angle almost 7º!!

The 21º launch angle is somewhat deceiving. I have a feeling most people are thinking my ball is going the height of a PW. Yes, the height is high, yes if I swing bad it does balloon, and yes, the ballflight could DEFINATELY be more penetrating. I am definately losing distance due to no roll, but the 21º LA isn't THAT high.

Also, take a look at my smash factor...126/92 = 1.37. Thats pretty darn good in my opinion, and maybe this is how I can maximize the distance of my slowish 92 mph driver swing

"Here is another one about going to the shaft lab"..

Because of my inability to load the golf club, they recommended A to R flex shafts in my irons, and R flex shafts in my woods! I COULD NOT BELIEVE THIS, especially since I have played stiff shafts all my life. This just shows that the shaft that is right for you is should NOT be based solely on swing speed. Because of my smooth tempo, they recommended True Temper Release shafts, the same model I am currently playing in my irons. Instead of S flex, they suggested I go down to R flex...the fitter said I would pick up at least 5 yards of distance with this change. You can look at all the charts by checking out the links below. I would recommend this Shaftlab to anyone who is looking to reshaft their clubs. It was a worthwhile process and definately changed my decisions on what types of shafts I was considering on reshafting with.

I dont know anything about any other site....heck for that matter, I dont know too much about this site....still trying to learn how this site operates....

but what I do know.....is that for so many on this site/thread that are making slanting posts- accusations toward another site as being less then standup...... many on this very thread are coming across as ....how shall I say it..... NAPOLEON SYNDROME

geez..... are we really that worried about how far anybody claims to drive the ball....... stated handicaps.......and I really chuckle when we can't get passed some good politically correct posting of words.....dirty sanchez.....next we are gonna call for the expulsion and removal of the next person who posts LMAO.....

oh and for the record.....my ball wee wee's on those measley 300 yard pokes as it flys by!!!!!!!

[quote name='mosesgolf' post='2040069' date='Nov 2 2009, 01:24 AM'][quote name='Socrates' 2 iron' post='2040001' date='Nov 2 2009, 01:19 AM']On a lighter note, no mention of Lilikejr? Gotta love that kid; seemed like a nice guy, full of enthusiasm.

He was like Bighitter's mini-me, I miss that kid :D[/quote]
Yes. Cool kid and awesome avatars. :D
I think he's a college student.
[/quote]

Yeah, gotta love a 19 year old kid who has a bag full of tour-issued clubs and thinks he knows it all about club fitting. :rolleyes:

I hear many posters saying that it is OK for BSG to sell their clubs at whatever price they want as long as folks want to spend the money etc etc. The problem is that it has been alleged that BSG has not always been honest with some of the products that they had for sale. Particularly items that had VERY LIMITED availability. Ex. You are buying 1 of 10 sets / heads ever produced, when in fact there were MANY more produced. Now I guess you could say, hey if you believe this is one of a kind and you want to give your money away that's your choice. But IMOP, if these stories are true, it's just wrong!!

[quote name='parbeater' post='2040078' date='Nov 2 2009, 02:32 AM'][quote name='irvtrain' post='2039906' date='Nov 2 2009, 12:00 AM'][quote name='MBA-J' post='2038858' date='Nov 1 2009, 11:11 AM']You never WANT someone to be unemployed, but... well... I wouldn't need Nyquil tonight if I found out that Hossonmoss had to go back to NC.

I'm just saying.[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]And now it's come down to Hoss being an arrogant ***** or Todd is an a$$, etc. What I am really wondering is how many of you have actually met these guys and found this to be true. Not judging someone by how they come across online, but actually meeting and getting to know them somewhat. I can say having met Todd once, Marcus and Austin on a couple of occasions that they are as personable as anyone that I have ever met. I certainly don't know them all that well, but I certainly didn't get the impression that most of you guys have though you probably have never dealt with them personally.
[/b]
[/quote]

With regard to the bold part, I'll briefly detail my experiences.

When a person follows you around a website and attempts to discredit everything you post, it then becomes personal. In threads other than the infamous grooves thread, Hossonmoss made it his part time job to monitor all of my posts, reply in his snarky, condescending tone, and then delete my responses appropriately. In numerous private messages, he called me an arrogant, uneducated liar who was attempting to "confuse the membership" by posting facts from engineers at Titleist, as well as engineers that I employed at the time. Also, he said that I didn't 'know anything about golf,' even though he doesn't know me from Adam. Instead of evaluating my findings, he chose to 'educate' the membership by reading a press release from a given manufacturer.

I offered to meet with him either in person or on the phone to discuss the 'situation.' He declined. Well after my participation over there voluntarily declined, I discovered that he CONTINUED to make references about me, my livelihood, my motive, and my character; all while not allowing me to 'defend myself' by failing to approve my responses.

The aforementioned behavior insinuates '*****dom' to me. And I'm pretty sure that his tone is indeed different in person than it is from behind a firewall. Nevertheless, I wish him luck in the job search if BSG is indeed closed. The world needs ditch diggers, too.

TaylorMade 2017 M1 440 8.5° Driver == Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade 2017 M2 Tour 15° FW == Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
Titleist 816H2 19° Hybrid == Veylix Rome 988 S+
Miura 1957 Small Blade 4-PW Irons == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM6 50°, 54°, 58° Custom Wedges == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Scotty Cameron "Cameron & Crown" M2 Putter
Nike RZN Tour Black Golf Balls