2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Is the "other site" done for good? (Merged)

thepeak

[quote name='rebels68' post='2035461' date='Oct 30 2009, 02:26 PM'][quote name='johnnypro' post='2035014' date='Oct 30 2009, 10:41 AM']I understand that but they ARE a business and businesses try to make money. Once you understand that then you take BSG's product humping with a grain of salt. I also get a little annoyed that there was an implication that if you weren't bagging a 282 head with a lime green Ozik then you were s**t. Whatever. If that's what you want and can afford then go for it. [b]I just don't see where all this hatred for those guys is coming from.[/b][/quote]

It's obvious where it's coming from johnnypro!! Hate begets hate, it's human nature.

Funny thing, with all the posts I had over there, I rarely dealt with Todd. The few occasions
I did deal with him it was always very professional in nature. The guy I communicated with
the most at BSG was Derek. That guy was truly a first-rate individual. He went WAY out of
his way to accommodate me with a number of deals and issues. From a couple of top-notch
grinds to selling me some of his personal [i]like new [/i]equipment for very cheap prices. Derek
sure posted a lot of useful information and was always extremely accessible with his time.
I can't say enough good things about him.

Does Todd deserve this ridicule he gets on here and other forums?? Maybe. But, like WRX,
BSG is a great place to meet special people & discuss anything golf. There have been quite
a few people that have posted on BSG with a bad attitude that was obviously directed at Todd
and pushing his buttons. Todd would always squelch those attempts. That stuff never really
bothered me that much. I was more interested in dealing with Derek and Marcus (and now
Austin too), so I never felt a need to challenge Todd, [b]even though I have a hundred times
more knowledge and experience in the golf industry.[/b]

I think it's great that Gxgolfer has allowed this discussion to take place on here and that he
understands the concern of some people about BSG being down for these last five days. I
certainly will contact Todd and tell him how helpful this thread (sans the spewing of hatred)
was and giving me information about the reason for the outage.

Kudos to you Gxgolfer and WRX!!! :good:
[/quote]

LOL I would bet everything I own that this is petter.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dizzub' post='2035659' date='Oct 30 2009, 12:57 PM'][quote name='rebels68' post='2035461' date='Oct 30 2009, 02:26 PM'][quote name='johnnypro' post='2035014' date='Oct 30 2009, 10:41 AM']I understand that but they ARE a business and businesses try to make money. Once you understand that then you take BSG's product humping with a grain of salt. I also get a little annoyed that there was an implication that if you weren't bagging a 282 head with a lime green Ozik then you were s**t. Whatever. If that's what you want and can afford then go for it. [b]I just don't see where all this hatred for those guys is coming from.[/b][/quote]

It's obvious where it's coming from johnnypro!! Hate begets hate, it's human nature.

Funny thing, with all the posts I had over there, I rarely dealt with Todd. The few occasions
I did deal with him it was always very professional in nature. The guy I communicated with
the most at BSG was Derek. That guy was truly a first-rate individual. He went WAY out of
his way to accommodate me with a number of deals and issues. From a couple of top-notch
grinds to selling me some of his personal [i]like new [/i]equipment for very cheap prices. Derek
sure posted a lot of useful information and was always extremely accessible with his time.

Does Todd deserve this ridicule he gets on here and other forums?? Maybe. But, like WRX,
BSG is a great place to meet special people & discuss anything golf. There have been quite
a few people that have posted on BSG with a bad attitude that was obviously directed at Todd
and pushing his buttons. Todd would always squelch those attempts. That stuff never really
bothered me that much. I was more interested in dealing with Derek and Marcus (and now
Austin too), so I never felt a need to challenge Todd, [b]even though I have a hundred times

I think it's great that Gxgolfer has allowed this discussion to take place on here and that he
understands the concern of some people about BSG being down for these last five days. I
certainly will contact Todd and tell him how helpful this thread (sans the spewing of hatred)

[/quote]

[/quote]

What tipped you off? The annoying formatting of his posts? :black eye:

Just to add to the completely unfounded speculation . . .

if it was something as simple as a bungled server switchover (or some other legitimate reason), wouldn't they send their members an email? I know they send out emails, because I signed up over there a while back (never really participated) and I still occasionally get emails from them about super-exclusive fitting sessions in Las Vegas, etc.

[quote name='rebels68' post='2034335' date='Oct 29 2009, 09:05 PM'][quote name='Adamsgolfer1 ' post='2034212' date='Oct 29 2009, 09:01 PM']I go to both sites' Both have some interesting ideas and subjects and have some interesting people.

As far as the question of BSG being down. The last time it was because of maintenance.

This seems a little longer, but I'm sure it's about server issues and they should be up soon.

Dewayne[/quote]

Glad to see you over here D, you were one of the good guys to exchange info with over at BSG.

No one posted over there more than me, and I had a good relationship with Todd, Derek, Marcus,
and recently Austin. A lot of bad things have been said about Todd and BSG and a lot of it is bogus.
Their pricing was outrageous on most of their product, but they did get some interesting stuff and
offered some unique items not found anywhere else. JMO.

I hope you're right Dewayne about this outage being a server problem, because I have a lot of
member info I would like to access again. It would be a shame to lose all of it if they're gone for
good. Made a lot of really good friends over there. Talked with very knowledgeable people and
established some nice contacts. I'll miss BSG if it doesn't come back on line.

I've been a member over here for a long time, but, spent most of my time over there. WRX seems
like a pleasant place to hang out, but, for the benefit of this membership, I'll be a lot less active here. :ninja::D
[/quote]

Petter7, Is that you? :welcomeani:

Anyway, as GXgolfer has already said, they are saying it is a server issue. I was told directly by a Mod over there yesterday that it is an ongoing server issue. Although, I am not sure why someone could not just post an index page saying the site is down for maintenance. Perhaps they are still having trouble getting control of the old domain from the prior host.

[quote name='Siwash23' post='2035749' date='Oct 30 2009, 01:39 PM']Anyway, as GXgolfer has already said, they are saying it is a server issue.[/quote]

Except, isn't that the reason they always give when something is "up"? I seem to recall after the whole Tom Wishon debacle that the site was down for "server issues" while they cleaned up the forum.

FWIW: I'm just curious in a puzzle-solving kind of way. I don't really have any feelings one way or the other about the site.

[quote name='MightyMark' post='2035597' date='Oct 30 2009, 02:28 PM'][b]Never saw any ridicule for clubs used[/b], ridicule would be for comments made by handicappers to +3players or teachers.[/quote]
Well that settles it, it never happened. As far as comments to "superiors" I can recall many times where it regarded things that had no association with handicap such as clubs and things of that nature. Just because a person is a plus doesn't mean they know more about clubs necessarily. I just hope they do come back online so that this place stays relaxed and doesn't turn into something else.

Just had a mail from BSG.

They have had server issues but are planning on launching a new website shortly.

So it looks like news of BSG's demise is premature.............

Callaway Tour Issued Rogue Triple Diamond Non LS 10.5 Ventus Velocore Blue 6 
Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 15 Ventus Velocore Blue 7
Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 18 Ventus Velocore Blue 7

Srixon ZX Utility 4 Iron Nippon Modus 120
Miura CB 301 QPQ 5-PW Nippon Modus 120 
Vokey SM9 Raw 50F 54D 58T Nippon Modus 120

2001 Scotty Cameron Circle T Timeless Tri-sole Newport 2   

Tour issued Odyssey 2 Ball Ten WH Insert 

this thread makes me feel like a loser now for having a limey F7M2. O well

G430 Max 10K 9* w/Tensei Orange 1K 70TX

BRNR Mini 13.5* w/Tensei Pro White 70TX
TSr3 18* w/Tensei AV Raw White 85TX 2.0

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW w/MMT 125TX

W/S Forged 50* w/DG S400

Mg4 56*, 60* w/DG S400

Spider S
TP5X 24'

[quote name='corky' post='2036030' date='Oct 30 2009, 05:57 PM'][quote name='elrey23' post='2036009' date='Oct 30 2009, 11:42 PM']Just got an email as well and apparently their data was corrupt and they're going to have to start a new website[/quote]

oh the irony! :cheesy:
[/quote]

Isn't it. The whole thing just seems strange to me. All of a sudden their data is corrupt and they have to start fresh? I could be barking up the wrong tree but something doesn't sit well with me about it. Too bad Matrix doesn't make servers. Sorry, Tour Issue servers.

Look for the new and improved Todd, age 28, with a new last name... :rolleyes:

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='elrey23' post='2036009' date='Oct 30 2009, 06:42 PM']Just got an email as well and apparently their data was corrupt and they're going to have to start a new website[/quote]

I always got a kick out of the fact that they marketed towards a high end customer base but couldn't even get the search function working correctly. I'm calling BS on this excuse. If their data was "corrupt" whatever that means, I will not even go into HA and DR plans, why wouldn't they post a simple information page alerting the membership base. "Bighitter" probably hosts the site on a commodore 64 in the basement of his mom's house.

Well, my first post here might as well be about leaving BSG :) I don't think in the two years of being a member on that site did I ever look into buying any of their tour golf equipment. I don't have the money and I sure don't think you can fit me over the phone.

I have to say I am going to miss some of the great insight I received from a few of the talented golfers at BSG whenever I was in need of some swing help. I don't think I ever even saw a post from Todd throughout all my time there. I'm sure that I'll find just as many, if not more members here with just as much to offer as over there.

I'm glad two weeks ago I decided to print off quite a few of the Swing Fix posts I was involved with! Over the past month or so things had really slowed down so I'm not completely surprised if they're done for good. After 5 days of clicking on dead links to take me directly to the Swing Fix and General Golf forums I think it is time to remove them from the shortcut bar :wave:

[quote name='bparker' post='2036139' date='Oct 30 2009, 07:06 PM']Well, my first post here might as well be about leaving BSG :) I don't think in the two years of being a member on that site did I ever look into buying any of their tour golf equipment. I don't have the money and I sure don't think you can fit me over the phone.

I have to say I am going to miss some of the great insight I received from a few of the talented golfers at BSG whenever I was in need of some swing help. I don't think I ever even saw a post from Todd throughout all my time there. I'm sure that I'll find just as many, if not more members here with just as much to offer as over there.

I'm glad two weeks ago I decided to print off quite a few of the Swing Fix posts I was involved with! Over the past month or so things had really slowed down so I'm not completely surprised if they're done for good. After 5 days of clicking on dead links to take me directly to the Swing Fix and General Golf forums I think it is time to remove them from the shortcut bar :wave:[/quote]

Welcome. I just removed them from the shortcut bar myself. Best thing I've done today. As for the phone fitting issue I always found that a bit strange. They encouraged people to get launch monitor numbers and they would fit according to that. So I'm supposed to go in a store, hit a bunch of balls and waste the salesman's time and then take those numbers and go to BSG to buy clubs? I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate someone doing that to them.

I ended up deleting them from my favorites, now its only WRX and TCC

Callaway Rogue 10.5* (D & -1*) w/ GD Tour AD-DI 6 Stiff
Callaway RFX 16.5* w/ Fubuki Tour 63g Stiff
Callaway RFX 21* w/ Fubuki Tour 73g Stiff
TaylorMade MC TP 4-PW w/ Aerotech i125cw Reg
Callaway PM 54* & 58*
Odyssey #9 Stroke Lab - 33"
The one's I hit into the woods and into the water.

[quote name='elrey23' post='2036153' date='Oct 30 2009, 07:16 PM'][quote name='bparker' post='2036139' date='Oct 30 2009, 07:06 PM']Well, my first post here might as well be about leaving BSG :) I don't think in the two years of being a member on that site did I ever look into buying any of their tour golf equipment. I don't have the money and I sure don't think you can fit me over the phone.

I'm glad two weeks ago I decided to print off quite a few of the Swing Fix posts I was involved with! Over the past month or so things had really slowed down so I'm not completely surprised if they're done for good. After 5 days of clicking on dead links to take me directly to the Swing Fix and General Golf forums I think it is time to remove them from the shortcut bar :wave:[/quote]

Welcome. I just removed them from the shortcut bar myself. Best thing I've done today. As for the phone fitting issue I always found that a bit strange. They encouraged people to get launch monitor numbers and they would fit according to that. So I'm supposed to go in a store, hit a bunch of balls and waste the salesman's time and then take those numbers and go to BSG to buy clubs? I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate someone doing that to them.
[/quote]

besides the fact that if the numbers didnt add up they would probable bash you for not getting on a trackman. those other launch monitors just dont cut it

G430 Max 10K 9* w/Tensei Orange 1K 70TX

BRNR Mini 13.5* w/Tensei Pro White 70TX
TSr3 18* w/Tensei AV Raw White 85TX 2.0

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW w/MMT 125TX

W/S Forged 50* w/DG S400

Mg4 56*, 60* w/DG S400

Spider S
TP5X 24'

[quote name='teddymolt' post='2035698' date='Oct 30 2009, 04:17 PM'][quote name='Dizzub' post='2035659' date='Oct 30 2009, 12:57 PM'][quote name='rebels68' post='2035461' date='Oct 30 2009, 02:26 PM'][quote name='johnnypro' post='2035014' date='Oct 30 2009, 10:41 AM']I understand that but they ARE a business and businesses try to make money. Once you understand that then you take BSG's product humping with a grain of salt. I also get a little annoyed that there was an implication that if you weren't bagging a 282 head with a lime green Ozik then you were s**t. Whatever. If that's what you want and can afford then go for it. [b]I just don't see where all this hatred for those guys is coming from.[/b][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What tipped you off? The annoying formatting of his posts? :black eye:
[/quote]

That too but mostly the part that I highlighted.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

[quote name='WCD' post='2036127' date='Oct 31 2009, 12:01 AM']"Bighitter" probably hosts the site on a Commodore 64 in the basement of his mom's house.[/quote]

:D

I've got visions of tapping in a search string and then someone frantically rifling through racks of 5 1/4" floppy disks to find the one that's got the needed threads on it...

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Anser 2

[quote name='mat562' post='2036312' date='Oct 30 2009, 06:51 PM']:D

I've got visions of tapping in a search string and then someone frantically rifling through racks of 5 1/4" floppy disks to find the one that's got the needed threads on it...[/quote]

Okay, that visual made me laugh.

PING G30 Driver/3w/2h
PING i20 4-U
PING Tour W 56/60
Cameron Select 2.5
PING Hoofer

[quote name='corky' post='2035111' date='Oct 30 2009, 11:26 AM']24K for a fitting by someone who has NO qualifications at all.

He started out as a nobody,'fitting' people via the GO messageboard until the mods kicked him off and he started bumfluffgolf.

Boy he can talk though........ [u]whatever happened to face mapped drivers[/u]?, 'changing the face of golf'.

The reasons for hating are a mixture of history and personal experiences[/quote]

LOL, I got a kick out of that too. Not long ago I directly asked him that exact question and much to my surprise he answered...said "the customers just didn't want to pay for it".

Figured that would get me banned but at the time they were going through a little "it's ok to talk about anything" phase, which I don't think lasted long!

[quote name='Dr. Bombay' post='2036605' date='Oct 30 2009, 11:44 PM'][quote name='corky' post='2035111' date='Oct 30 2009, 11:26 AM']24K for a fitting by someone who has NO qualifications at all.

He started out as a nobody,'fitting' people via the GO messageboard until the mods kicked him off and he started bumfluffgolf.

Boy he can talk though........ [u]whatever happened to face mapped drivers[/u]?, 'changing the face of golf'.

The reasons for hating are a mixture of history and personal experiences[/quote]

LOL, I got a kick out of that too. Not long ago I directly asked him that exact question and much to my surprise he answered...said "the customers just didn't want to pay for it".

Figured that would get me banned but at the time they were going through a little "it's ok to talk about anything" phase, which I don't think lasted long!
[/quote]
Wasn't that part of the deal where they fly you out to Vegas, give you the whole red carpet treatment? Supposed to play a round with a Pro he said you'd know the name of and who did it turn out to be? Did that ever even go all the way.

[quote name='drpurpell' post='2035928' date='Oct 30 2009, 05:59 PM'][quote name='MightyMark' post='2035597' date='Oct 30 2009, 07:28 PM']ridicule would be for comments made by handicappers to +3players or teachers.[/quote]

allegedly plus handicappers/teachers ;)
[/quote]
Not alleged. I know for a fact. At least in the case of one.
It is amazing, how the uninformed will over zealously impart their truly believed misinformation, and argue with contempt for those that disagree.....but really do know.
Every hacker will explain, in vivid detail to anyone within earshot, whatever he is currently working on. Most of the time, it won't hold up, he hasn't got a clue!
Some of the best information, given freely by a professional, will be attacked by an argumentative hack because he likes to hear/see his own words. Granted this is a stretch,
but would that same hack argue with Harmon, Leadbetter or Toski? There are some truly knowledgeable professional, on both websites, willing to impart information. When challenged or
attacked, I'm afraid the typical response will be "why should I bother". The rest of us then lose out. and we are left with a website of argumentative hacks. I hope not.

[quote name='MightyMark' post='2036613' date='Oct 31 2009, 12:50 AM'][quote name='drpurpell' post='2035928' date='Oct 30 2009, 05:59 PM'][quote name='MightyMark' post='2035597' date='Oct 30 2009, 07:28 PM']ridicule would be for comments made by handicappers to +3players or teachers.[/quote]

[/quote]
It is amazing, how the uninformed will over zealously impart their truly believed misinformation, and argue with contempt for those that disagree.....but really do know.
Every hacker will explain, in vivid detail to anyone within earshot, whatever he is currently working on. Most of the time, it won't hold up, he hasn't got a clue!
Some of the best information, given freely by a professional, will be attacked by an argumentative hack because he likes to hear/see his own words. Granted this is a stretch,
but would that same hack argue with Harmon, Leadbetter or Toski? There are some truly knowledgeable professional, on both websites, willing to impart information. When challenged or
attacked, I'm afraid the typical response will be "why should I bother". The rest of us then lose out. and we are left with a website of argumentative hacks. I hope not.
[/quote]

Naah. This "mapping" service supposedly involved some sort of MRI type examination of a driver head to identify the exact sweetspot...it was a ridiculous proposition from the start.

As for the website, clearly there serious stresses there as the facts indicate the thing is coming apart at the seams. Think about it, outtages becoming more and more frequent. Functionality diminishing. After repeated assurances that the "menu bar" would be restored on the side, it never was. Search function only worked 1 week per quarter. As mentioned previously, obvious rush to raise cash with various promotions. Sure seems like the site was significantly underinvested in...

[quote name='Dizzub' post='2035659' date='Oct 30 2009, 12:57 PM'][quote name='rebels68' post='2035461' date='Oct 30 2009, 02:26 PM'][quote name='johnnypro' post='2035014' date='Oct 30 2009, 10:41 AM']I understand that but they ARE a business and businesses try to make money. Once you understand that then you take BSG's product humping with a grain of salt. I also get a little annoyed that there was an implication that if you weren't bagging a 282 head with a lime green Ozik then you were s**t. Whatever. If that's what you want and can afford then go for it. [b]I just don't see where all this hatred for those guys is coming from.[/b][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmm current avatar very-non Petter unfortunately.

[quote name='MightyMark' post='2036613' date='Oct 30 2009, 11:50 PM'][quote name='drpurpell' post='2035928' date='Oct 30 2009, 05:59 PM'][quote name='MightyMark' post='2035597' date='Oct 30 2009, 07:28 PM']ridicule would be for comments made by handicappers to +3players or teachers.[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

No offense but Leadbetter, Harmon or Toski aren't on this site dispensing information. Being one of the unwashed masses or "hacks" as you reference them, I speak for myself when I say that it was never the fact that someone was trying to help another. It was the attitude of perceived or real condescension that got to some people. It is amazing how the uninformed will zealously impart knowledge that they don't have and it is also annoying when those who have the knowledge, love to hear the sound of their own voice equally as much and can't conceive how a person wouldn't know these basic things that they, the "superior" are so acquainted with it's like second nature. If people want to impart swing tips, that's great and helpful but they don't have to be a turd about it. Bottom line, trying to give someone pointers over the internet is fine but unless video of some kind is involved I seriously doubt any great work is going to take place.